Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/27/2015 1:50:06 PM EDT
"President Obama’s administration on Wednesday claimed dominion over all of America’s streams, creeks, rills, ditches, brooks, rivulets, burns, tributaries, criks, wetlands — perhaps even puddles — in a sweeping move to assert unilateral federal authority.

The Environmental Protection Agency, along with the Army Corps of Engineers, says it has the authority to control all waterways within the United States — and will exercise that authority."

More at link:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/27/obama-admin-asserts-dominion-over-creeks-streams-w/
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#1]
*goes outside to take a piss*

Dominion that puddle, asshole...
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#2]
so can I collect rain water in a 55 gallon barrel or not?

FBHO
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:54:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

FBHO
View Quote
Yes, you may not.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

FBHO
View Quote

you might be unpleasantly surprised at the answer.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/08/16/man-jailed-for-collecting-rainwater-in-illegal-reservoirs-on-his-property/
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#6]
oh great
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Water is the key to life. Control the water, you control life.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#8]
They have been talking about this for a decade, surprised it took so long.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#9]
FBHO and all.

But I thought fed's already controlled all wet lands and water ways?

Why the fuck else have I been buying a FEDERAL duck stamp for years?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:58:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

"The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."

Ayn Rand

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Nestle.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They have been talking about this for a decade, surprised it took so long.
View Quote

It used to be a UN treaty though. Something along the line of "Treaty of the seas" or somesuch.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
"The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws."

Ayn Rand

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ayn Rand

Those dystopian books were to be taken as a warning, not a manual.....

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, at least it clarifies things.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Does that mean he has no control over CA?  
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:02:49 PM EDT
[#16]
This is old news, as a wetland scientist working in the field for over 15 yrs.  ACOE regulates all........
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:03:10 PM EDT
[#17]
McCarthy claimed the new powers would “not interfere with private property rights or address land use."
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:03:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Honestly I don't know how the biggest liberal democrats could keep pulling the levers for these guys. They all sound alike in their stump speeches " people must this, everyone must that, this has to change, that must stop" Fuck, sound like a dictator much? People aint gonna wise up 'till it's too late...again.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:04:36 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FBHO

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/08/16/man-jailed-for-collecting-rainwater-in-illegal-reservoirs-on-his-property/

Gary Harrington has collected nearly 13 million gallons of water in his reservoirs (one of which is pictured below). That's enough to fill 20 Olympic-size swimming pools. But two weeks ago, he was found guilty of breaking the 1925 Oregon law against private water collection. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail and issued a $1,500 fine.

Oregon's Water Resources Department said that though it is legal to set up rainwater collection barrels on roofs or other artificial surfaces, Harrington's reservoirs go way beyond that and required permits.

That one seems to be more of a permit dispute to make ponds on his property.  And it's at the state level.

Though it makes one wonder what the issue is at the state level that would demand he not have ponds.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

McCarthy claimed the new powers would "not interfere with private property rights or address land use."

If you like your private property rights, you can keep your private property rights
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:05:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your fine for dumping biological waste into a public waterway will be 500,000 and a 10 year sentence at the re-education camp.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Get fucked.  

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That one seems to be more of a permit dispute to make ponds on his property.  And it's at the state level.

Though it makes one wonder what the issue is at the state level that would demand he not have ponds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FBHO

Gary Harrington has collected nearly 13 million gallons of water in his reservoirs (one of which is pictured below). That's enough to fill 20 Olympic-size swimming pools. But two weeks ago, he was found guilty of breaking the 1925 Oregon law against private water collection. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail and issued a $1,500 fine.

Oregon's Water Resources Department said that though it is legal to set up rainwater collection barrels on roofs or other artificial surfaces, Harrington's reservoirs go way beyond that and required permits.

Most states have laws on the books about how many acre feet of water you can collect.

It's not because collection of water, but because of the danger down stream if your holding facilities break down.  I was in charge of the dams at my community I live in (we have 3, including one registered dam) - we had to register and maintain our dam and response plan in case of failure. That was because of the road way and houses down stream, if it were to collapse.

20 acres of water, is a lot of fucking water and can do a substantial amount of damage.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#24]
This would be the reason why last week WY made it illegal for private citizens (read: eco activists) to go and do data collection (read: fabricating pollution evidence) on lands they don't have permission to research so they can't go drag landowners or land users into court and have the EPA crush them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
-

Most states have laws on the books about how many acre feet of water you can collect.

It's not because collection of water, but because of the danger down stream if your holding facilities break down.  I was in charge of the dams at my community I live in (we have 3, including one registered dam) - we had to register and maintain our dam and response plan in case of failure. That was because of the road way and houses down stream, if it were to collapse.

20 acres of water, is a lot of fucking water and can do a substantial amount of damage.
View Quote

That makes a lot of sense - I figured something along similar lines.  But in that story in question they gave him permits, then revoked them and have apparently been fighting with him in court for 10 years.  If it's a safety issue, one would think (well, hope) it wouldn't take 10 years to correct.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Yes, you may not.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

FBHO
Yes, you may not.  
Yes you may, but Obama owns it

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

McCarthy claimed the new powers would "not interfere with private property rights or address land use."

How they say that shit with a straight face is beyond comprehension.....Commie fucks.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#28]
How long until the first/next Clive Bundy incident? Certainly before 0 leaves office I would assume.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
This is old news, as a wetland scientist working in the field for over 15 yrs.  ACOE regulates all........
View Quote

I believe the national reference is AOSE and outside of New England they are pretty inept.  Great we are all becoming CT  This is actually big news with mounting lies.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Ayn Rand

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ayn Rand

That's an incorrect quotation of Rand. If it was really hers, that same quote should be about 72 pages long.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:17:44 PM EDT
[#31]
The U.N.’s Law of the Sea Treaty Threatens Our National Sovereignty

"The latest threat to U.S. sovereignty is the United Nations’ Law of the Sea Treaty (LOST) that is being pushed by the Obama administration. LOST rises from the dead every few years. For more than thirty years, the United States has refused to become a party to LOST for good reasons. But this could be the year that the United States surrenders its sovereignty over the seas to an international body if Obama gets his way.

Under this treaty, the U.N. would have control over 71 percent of the Earth’s surface. This would be a huge step towards global governance. The Senate may vote to ratify the sea treaty as early as next week. President Ronald Reagan rejected LOST back in 1982, stating it would grant the U.N. the power to tax U.S. companies and redistribute wealth from developed to undeveloped nations."

http://townhall.com/columnists/julieborowski/2012/05/31/the_uns_law_of_the_sea_treaty_threatens_our_national_sovereignty/page/full

Executive version of this?

Fucktards never give up.

Jefferson was so correct about vigilance.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:18:43 PM EDT
[#32]
This is how they will ruin dissenters. Make everyday activities illegal, and you create as many criminals as you want.

"Show me the man, I'll show you the crime." -- Beria.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FBHO
Yes, you may not.  

There'll be a five thousand page law that explains it clearly, so that we can see what it is. So no need to really get into it 'till that comes out.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#34]
This may well effect my family as wells as many more that I know, it is no laughing matter.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:23:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm pissing off my porch into a 55 gallon drum....awaiting the arrival of my urine overlords.....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FBHO

We don't have that issue really in FL. We're too flat for the water go crazy flash flood like from a broken damn.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:33:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Fuck Congress with a sharp stick for abdicating their responsibility and duty to make laws and keep the Executive branch in check, and for giving these alphabet agencies unlimited power to make shit up and control every detail of every citizen's daily life under threat of prosecution, fines, penalties and jail, with little chance for recourse..
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah.  The fed gov has been at this for a long time using the CWA to extend its reach beyond what is constitutionally permissible.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

And here I thought it was spice.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#40]
IIRC your body belongs to you - but your water belongs to the tribe.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Wouldn't surprise me to see a total ban on 2 stroke outboards come down the pipe like some lakes California.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ayn Rand

Tell that to our .GOV
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 2:42:47 PM EDT
[#43]
So, what happens to people that own  all mineral/water rights on their property?(as an example a farmer/rancher in the southwest who has specific deeded water rights?)
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So, what happens to people that own  all mineral/water rights on their property?(as an example a farmer/rancher in the southwest who has specific deeded water rights?)
View Quote

He has a pen and a phone.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#45]
this is the kind of thing that sparks revolutions...

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Looks like .gov took it as a manual.  
Tell that to our .GOV
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ayn Rand

Looks like .gov took it as a manual.  
Tell that to our .GOV

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That's an incorrect quotation of Rand. If it was really hers, that same quote should be about 72 pages long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ayn Rand

You're right.  I believe Dr. Ferris said that to Bertram Scudder....
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#48]
fascists gonna fascist.  The illusion that you own your own land.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#49]
This could be as big of a power grab as the corrupting of "interstate commerce".

Imagine what they can tell you can and cannot be done.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

"The water must flowww...."

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top