Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2015 9:21:59 PM EDT
http://fox6now.com/2015/05/25/something-hit-the-ambulance-rig-struck-by-gunfire-leaves-workers-on-edge/

Milwaukee is probably only a riot away from being Baltimore.  Wall it up and pull everyone out that matters.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:23:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Fucking classy.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:24:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Chicago-North
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Haverstock, kitty hawk apartments 15 to 20 miles north of Houston have had ambulances and police cars stolen on calls.

Get back to us when that happens.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#4]
this shit is getting close.  I live in a quiet, safe, and family oriented subdivision (Meno Falls) that is ~9 miles from this.  Anyone want to help build a fence?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

this shit is getting close.  I live in a quiet, safe, and family oriented subdivision (Meno Falls) that is ~9 miles from this.  Anyone want to help build a fence?
View Quote
No thanks. You just keep that shit down there and away from Appleton.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:42:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Gee. Near me they only shoot at fire engines.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#7]
i have to live close to an airport  :(

Thinking about RichField or West Bend
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Let em have it. No cops, no fire, no amberlamps.

Fuck the whole lot of them.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote
Appleton has ATW....just sayin'

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://fox6now.com/2015/05/25/something-hit-the-ambulance-rig-struck-by-gunfire-leaves-workers-on-edge/

Milwaukee is probably only a riot away from being Baltimore.  Wall it up and pull everyone out that matters.  
View Quote

Milwaukee didn't invent white flight, they perfected it.

Folks moved out of an apartment on 66th and Villard in 1972.  Life would have been spectactularly different had they not.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:02:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:06:03 PM EDT
[#12]
28 Shootings, 9 Fatal, Over Memorial Day Weekend In Baltimore
May 25, 2015 9:25 PM
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:07:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:18:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Like many cities, Milwaukee had a little dust up in the 60s with a 'race riot' flavor.  Summer of 1967 got ugly for a while.
Listening to the parents/aunts/uncles tell stories about being able to roll a bowling ball down normally busy streets after the cops basically told people to get the hell in their homes at curfew is a fond memory.

http://milwaukeesfinest.net/1967Riots.html
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:21:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Milwaukee is a shithole, always has been.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:26:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sadly that was on the "old days of policing".

Nowadays I doubt anyone with pointy brass has the cojones to issue such an order, or more precisely follow through with it, especially given {D}a administration in power.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Like many cities, Milwaukee had a little dust up in the 60s with a 'race riot' flavor.  Summer of 1967 got ugly for a while.
Listening to the parents/aunts/uncles tell stories about being able to roll a bowling ball down normally busy streets after the cops basically told people to get the hell in their homes at curfew is a fond memory.

http://milwaukeesfinest.net/1967Riots.html

Sadly that was on the "old days of policing".

Nowadays I doubt anyone with pointy brass has the cojones to issue such an order, or more precisely follow through with it, especially given {D}a administration in power.

Isn't it sad to know that things like responding to strong suspicions with a task force, pre-planned responses, and the desire to put down agitators while protecting people and their property are all things of the past.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Ehh
I have seen Cleveland and East Cleveland with holes in them.

Mostly it was East Cleveland ones, same with their fire apparatus
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:32:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I chuckled over this story.   This is not the first time a ambulance has been hit by gun fire.  It is the first time it has been reported like this.  I was a EMT through out the 1990's and had a number of friends that ran ems calls in Milwaukee at the time.  It happened about every other year back then.  This was going on as far as I know until I quit running ems calls in 2007.   I had thought about running part time on one of the ambulance companies back then but decided with 2 kids at home and the wife I really did not need the extra money or excitement they other guys were getting.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:01:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:16:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are mistaken.  It was a great, safe city when I was growing up.  Good schools, family neighborhoods, owner occupied homes with pride of ownership showing, beautiful parks, great public transportation, and a lot of civil pride.  

60 years of constant Democratic rule, excess welfare benefits that drew people from Illinois to our city, and the loss of our blue collar industrial base caused an expansion of the central city outward - driving most residents to the suburbs.  

Incidentally, being from a state that has Chicago in it...   I'd be careful throwing rocks...
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Paratech is my old company and I know the two employees on the call.

We were stationed on the NW side of town.  Some of our zone was an absolute fucking shithole.  A few roads you would normally take to get a patient to St Joe's hospital I wouldn't even bother with on a Friday or Saturday night in the summer because more often than not the police would have them roped off for an investigation.

edit:  I also got to see West Lawn, the new housing project in our zone, open it.  Amazing how fast a beautiful little concentration of duplexes can be turned into a steaming pile of shit...
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Paratech is my old company and I know the two employees on the call.

We were stationed on the NW side of town.  Some of our zone was an absolute fucking shithole.  A few roads you would normally take to get a patient to St Joe's hospital I wouldn't even bother with on a Friday or Saturday night in the summer because more often than not the police would have them roped off for an investigation.

edit:  I also got to see West Lawn, the new housing project in our zone, open it.  Amazing how fast a beautiful little concentration of duplexes can be turned into a steaming pile of shit...
View Quote
Yeah, I've heard.  Also not their first bullethole in an amberlamps either.  

I was also told an employee was hit on the head once with a heavy thing while walking to his car and left for dead.  Sounds like a great place to be.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#24]
See, I told the city, I said "Look, nobody comes down here." Postmen figured it out. Policemen figured it out. But the goddamned bus drivers just wouldn't listen.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#25]
“You have to air on the side of caution and treat it that possibly somebody is targeting a public safety vehicle,” said Mickelson.
View Quote

You should err on the side of competent editing.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm 100 miles north, that's too close for my liking
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
28 Shootings, 9 Fatal, Over Memorial Day Weekend In Baltimore
May 25, 2015 9:25 PM
View Quote

This stuff is sad but I'm starting to think about these stories like the middle east. As long as it's certain types killing each other, fuck it. The sooner they all die, the better for the world. I doubt were gonna be missing any cancer doctors or space explorers, just aspiring rappers. WTF needs more of those.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 7:30:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:59:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:47:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I live in Walworth County. We don't get any of the problems associated with Milwaukee and it's burbs, but close enough to it that if i want to do something in town, I'm only 40 minutes away from downtown. It's really the perfect distance away. Only problem is the FIBs, but they tend to stay walled up in the resorts and not bother us.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:57:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land".
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:04:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:08:55 AM EDT
[#33]
no lights no siren, I suppose might help.  Maybe paint the ambers plain white?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:15:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I enjoy Milwaukee for two reasons:

1) friendly yankees

and

2) when I'm standing in line at the food truck for a double cheeseburger, a side of large fries, and a tasty desert, I'm the skinniest person there
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:15:41 AM EDT
[#35]
flashing lights = micro-aggressions
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:19:04 AM EDT
[#36]
I hate living in the area, I'm maybe a 20 minute drive from downtown.

Milwaukee is creeping up on the list of highest crime rates in major cities in the country.  In 2013 we were #10, in 2014 we were #7 and I read that so far this year we are #5.  Crime is out of control, and our incompetent mayor and police chief are only making things worse.

My visits are limited to a few Brewers games a year, Summerfest and a few concerts.  Fuck going there for anything else.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top