Site Notices
Page / 39
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:32:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Meh. You choose to feel and act that way. Women get lied to so they'll sleep with men.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Decent article that has its marits, as far as the court system goes it is heavely stacked against the man.

No kidding. It really is. So it pays to choose wisely in the first place, assuming you are going to choose at all.

Many men don't choose wisely, though. They date around until they decide they're ready to settle down, and then, rather than seeking out the best possible candidate for happily ever after, they just put a ring on the one they're with at the time and call it good. Bad strategy for mate selection if you want a bappy, healthy marriage.

And if you decide marriage isn't for you, that's fine. Don't blame anyone or act hateful, resentful, or entitled. Just own your choice and go on about your life.

The hate/resentment/whatever is a product of feeling like we've been lied to.  Combine that with societal pressure, feminism, and all sorts of other things that are steeply slanted against males.....and you get all of those things.

This may not be your mode of operation, but you aren't the only female out there.  The gold-diggers who think that man exist to make them happy are in the majority.  The feminists who think that men exist only to build wealth for them, the ones that refuse to give up their legal advantages via pre-nup or fighting against them politically....are in the majority.

Then when we won't get married, we get called even more names.  

It's tiresome.  So yea, we are bitter, hateful, and annoyed.  We have every right to be.

If my current relationship tanks, which I don't expect it to.....I'm done with women in any serious way.  Until the respect is back, they can piss off.

Meh. You choose to feel and act that way. Women get lied to so they'll sleep with men.

That's funny.

We get called names if we don't put out. We get called names if we do. It's a cold, cruel world out there. You can let it eat at you. You can choose to let it define you. Or you can go be awesome and do awesome things and not care what some random person calls you..

If being awesome means not caring about what some random person calls you, then why would you care if you get called names if you do or don't put out?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I have been divorced for 8 years and will never get married again.
View Quote
Me too. Never again.  

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:37:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

"Choosing wisely" is no guarantee that a man won't get screwed by some woman in divorce court someday.  His ability to discern the future is no match for the legal system.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Decent article that has its marits, as far as the court system goes it is heavely stacked against the man.

No kidding. It really is. So it pays to choose wisely in the first place, assuming you are going to choose at all.

Many men don't choose wisely, though. They date around until they decide they're ready to settle down, and then, rather than seeking out the best possible candidate for happily ever after, they just put a ring on the one they're with at the time and call it good. Bad strategy for mate selection if you want a happy, healthy marriage.

And if you decide marriage isn't for you, that's fine. Don't blame anyone or act hateful, resentful, or entitled. Just own your choice and go on about your life.

"Choosing wisely" is no guarantee that a man won't get screwed by some woman in divorce court someday.  His ability to discern the future is no match for the legal system.

There is no guarantee. That's life. There's no guarantee on anything. Choosing wisely is a better start, though, than picking any old broad out there, assuming you're going to make the choice.

And if you don't feel like making the choice, that's fine too. It's OK to not get married. Just own the choice and quit blaming someone else. If you don't feel like putting forth the effort to choose wisely, or the fact that there's no guarantee scares you, you probably shouldn't get married anyway.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:39:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Me too. Never again.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have been divorced for 8 years and will never get married again.
Me too. Never again.    

I've been married for 8 years and I'd never do it again.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:41:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Marriage has turned into an extremely poor financial decision, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

While I agree that this portrayal sucks, I have also heard men boast of deliberately fucking up simple household chores (laundry, folding clothes, dishes, ironing, etc) simply so their wife never asks them to do that stuff again. If men act stupid about simple things, then they can hardly complain when they are portrayed as stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seriously. Back to the article.

Suzanne Venker is pointing out the truth on how men in this country are being treated by the so-called norm from the left and the aiding media. We have all commented on the commercials that portrays men as being dumb and stupid while the woman is always smarter.

The article is true in this case. She is standing up for the abuse, and disrespect to men by degrading them.

While I agree that this portrayal sucks, I have also heard men boast of deliberately fucking up simple household chores (laundry, folding clothes, dishes, ironing, etc) simply so their wife never asks them to do that stuff again. If men act stupid about simple things, then they can hardly complain when they are portrayed as stupid.

So when women run their cars [suv's, mowers, anything with an engine] out of oil, drive around on mostly flat tires, run brakes to bare metal, kill lawn mowers by running over things, and stuff like that it's just because they are smarter and don't like to do these things? And, ad agencies are just too stupid not to realize this and make fun of them by calling them dumb? Heck, maybe they could even use blondes to get the point across better..............

A good women is the best thing that can happen to a man, choosing poorly can ruin his life for many years.

[FWIW, it can go both ways, however the courts are not in a mans favor]

When I went for full custody [and I didn't use a lawyer, had enough of paying their useless asses at the time] I had the female judge keep trying to talk the ex out of signing over custody. She must have spent 20 minutes trying to convince the ex to not sign the papers. The judge didn't give one fvck about the child and everything about the ex. who was female. That ex has seen my now grown son 3-4 times [once at sons Grandmas funeral] in 14 years.

I date and go out enough to be happy and enjoy myself but I can never take a chance again on marriage for simple financial reasons, I'm just too damn old to take a chance on it again and retire with a bit of money and dignity. Also know women around my age that feel the same so it's not always just a male thing.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's funny.

If being awesome means not caring about what some random person calls you, then why would you care if you get called names if you do or don't put out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's funny.

We get called names if we don't put out. We get called names if we do. It's a cold, cruel world out there. You can let it eat at you. You can choose to let it define you. Or you can go be awesome and do awesome things and not care what some random person calls you..

1. Why would that be funny?

2. And I don't particularly care. I'm happily married to a wonderful man. Just noticing that some men have a very resentful attitude about being damned if they do, damned if they don't, but they're more than willing to treat others the same way, or at least not speak out about against it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:45:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have no plans to leave Mrs_pony anytime soon, but if anything happened between us or if she were to die before I do, I will NEVAR get married again.

I've sown my seed and raised my son. I'm too old to want to start any more. I have no desire to raise anyone else's kid(s) for them. I've got all I need and I won't get weaseled into giving half my hard earned money or stuff away. And I won't diminish my son's inheritance, should there be anything left of my "empire" when I pass.

That pretty much narrows the field to a point where I could only date wimmenz with no kids who are wealthier than me.

Marriage has evolved into a game where men are screwed.
View Quote

I can relate to this. Mrs. Lougotzz and I are married 28 years but I think about this often. It would be very difficult to find anyone 1/2 as great ad she is. Never mind replace her. That is impossible. I feel for the men of today. You guys are in a situation. Prenup,hide assets what a way to start a life with someone.  Better off not doing as the article says.
When I got married it was hard to find a good woman but now they come with baggage and trunks full of crap. They have kids, debt,divorce,multiple divorce, multiple kids from different guys. What a mess. Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There is no guarantee. That's life. There's no guarantee on anything. Choosing wisely is a better start, though, than picking any old broad out there, assuming you're going to make the choice.

And if you don't feel like making the choice, that's fine too. It's OK to not get married. Just own the choice and quit blaming someone else. If you don't feel like putting forth the effort to choose wisely, or the fact that there's no guarantee scares you, you probably shouldn't get married anyway.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Many men don't choose wisely, though. They date around until they decide they're ready to settle down, and then, rather than seeking out the best possible candidate for happily ever after, they just put a ring on the one they're with at the time and call it good. Bad strategy for mate selection if you want a happy, healthy marriage.

I wasn't blaming anyone.  Just trying to throw some cold water on the argument that "choosing wisely" is the guaranteed antidote to unhappiness and divorce.  Whenever these threads show up, there's a contingent that claims that "choosing wisely" could have avoided the divorce.  But there's also a statistical certainty that some of those who are today claiming the "choose wisely" argument will someday be divorced.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I read the book. It has some good ideas- things to think about as men in relation to masculinity. "The Way of Men" by Jack Donovan js great. He talks about what masculinity is, and how to grow with it.

This is not in the book but I often wonder how much this dynamic would change without such a peaceful country. How much would men become in demand by women if the police were not a phone call away.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So when women run their cars [suv's, mowers, anything with an engine] out of oil, drive around on mostly flat tires, run brakes to bare metal, kill lawn mowers by running over things, and stuff like that it's just because they are smarter and don't like to do these things? And, ad agencies are just too stupid not to realize this and make fun of them by calling them dumb? Heck, maybe they could even use blondes to get the point across better..............

A good women is the best thing that can happen to a man, choosing poorly can ruin his life for many years.

When I went for full custody [and I didn't use a lawyer, had enough of paying their useless asses at the time] I had the female judge keep trying to talk the ex out of signing over custody. She must have spent 20 minutes trying to convince the ex to not sign the papers. The judge didn't give one fvck about the child and everything about the ex. who was female. That ex has seen my now grown son 3-4 times [once at sons Grandmas funeral] in 14 years.

I date and go out enough to be happy and enjoy myself but I can never take a chance again on marriage for simple financial reasons, I'm just too damn old to take a chance on it again and retire with a bit of money and dignity. Also know women around my age that feel the same so it's not always just a male thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Suzanne Venker is pointing out the truth on how men in this country are being treated by the so-called norm from the left and the aiding media. We have all commented on the commercials that portrays men as being dumb and stupid while the woman is always smarter.

The article is true in this case. She is standing up for the abuse, and disrespect to men by degrading them.

Never heard of of a woman deliberately doing that stuff so she doesn't have to do it anymore, but I'm sure it happens occasionally

As for your story about your ex, I know family court is ridiculous. I have never said otherwise. I hate that happened to you.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If their masculinity "dies" after they get married, they didn't have any to begin with.
View Quote

So wrong buddy.

If a woman can't strip it from you herself, she will get her big brother the family court system to do it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I've heard many people call for the elimination of no fault divorce.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's funny.

In this day and age, I don't believe (and it's not been my personal experience) that women have to be lied to to get them in bed.  Frankly, women do more of the initiating than the hesitating.

2. And I don't particularly care. I'm happily married to a wonderful man. Just noticing that some men have a very resentful attitude about being damned if they do, damned if they don't, but they're more than willing to treat others the same way, or at least not speak out about against it.

Glad to hear that you're happily married.  But if you don't care, why bring up the part about the name calling?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:52:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lol.  Don't like the way I do shit?, don't ask me to do shit...

It's not like they don't do the same thing.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:54:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Getting married nowadays is akin to sitting down to play cards with a professional poker player and then letting him use a marked deck. You might get extremely lucky and win but more than likely you're getting cleaned out.

I was just on the phone with one of my poor bastard employees. He's in the middle of his third divorce, he's 38 and has a kid with each women. He's completely financially ruined even if the current one's lawyer slides it in gently. Nicest guy you'd ever want to meet but obviously he's not a great judge of character, he tends to fall head over heels with the first woman to smile at him. His life is now reduced to being a good warning for others.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That statement always makes it into these topics and always makes me laugh.  I thought I had "chosen wisely" until one day my ex decided to do something "unwise".
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:56:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be careful wielding that double edged sword.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I've heard many people call for the elimination of no fault divorce.
View Quote
If more people paid attention to that "until death do us part" in the vows, I think more people would take time to evaluate things before, during and after.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm an old guy and probably met a GUZILLION people in my life and have to say that I honestly NEVER heard of this sort of thing.

I am serious.

Of course I don't know many people under 30 years old...............so.....................all I can say is WTF IS GOING ON WITH YOUNG MEN AND WOMEN THESE DAYS!!??

It's fucking ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I wasn't blaming anyone.  Just trying to throw some cold water on the argument that "choosing wisely" is the guaranteed antidote to unhappiness and divorce.  Whenever these threads show up, there's a contingent that claims that "choosing wisely" could have avoided the divorce.  But there's also a statistical certainty that some of those who are today claiming the "choose wisely" argument will someday be divorced.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The choosing wisely thing is thrown out when someone has fairly obviously made a poor decision. Or 87.

Anecdote: a friend is in the process of his 3rd divorce. When he was dating this girl, it was constant drama. She was very emotionally high maintenance, manipulative, and controlling, but he liked how "exciting" she was. Once she even called the cops on him during a fight, claiming DV. He married her anyway, after only a couple months of dating. And a few months later, they are divorcing. Imagine that. He chose very poorly. And all his friends (myself included) were trying to warn him away the entire time. He ignored us and eventually quit speaking to us because she wouldn't allow it.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#25]
No point in marriage these days.

Other than for legal reasons.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Half?????

How about 95%.
View Quote

most people don't understand you will most likely have to pay for her and your lawyer, so they think you will only lose half.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That statement always makes it into these topics and always makes me laugh.  I thought I had "chosen wisely" until one day my ex decided to do something "unwise".
View Quote

The dozen or so married guys in the world that are actually happy love to say that. Apparently they are all psychics. Me personally, I would use my skills to play the market or lottery but they use to kick other guys while they're down. "Well you met her in church bro, it should've been obvious she'd get strung out on meth and run away with a biker 10 years down the road. You chose poorly."
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:03:28 AM EDT
[#28]
In this video a close friend of Robin Williams describes how his vampiric ex wives sucked the life out of him.

The whole video is good, but if you skip to 35:00 that's where he really starts hitting nails on the head.

If someone can imbed that would be great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diyuAXzN7yo
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:04:09 AM EDT
[#29]
My good friend is an engineer and just divorced his school teacher (when she felt like keeping a job), ex-wife after 10 years of marriage.  No kids
He kept the debt (including the house), she walked away with a $100k+ of his money.plus half his 401k.
She went into court twice with no lawyer playing the poor, helpless, school teacher role, even after the judge had told her not to come back to court without a lawyer.

Despite her not following the judges orders, the judge just pretty much just negotiated everything for her.
She pretty much won, no debt, probably over $200k in cash, it's all a win for her.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Move. Here you get everything you come into the marriage with and the property acquired after the marriage is divided 50/50.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Half?????

How about 95%.

Move. Here you get everything you come into the marriage with and the property acquired after the marriage is divided 50/50.

But you have to leave your guns behind, deal with the looniest of moon bats, have a state legislature controlled by the FSA and illegals, AND have one of the highest effective tax rates in the nation (depending on where in CA you move to).

I'll pass.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

/this

Best reply in the thread. Take all my stuff, it's just stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Choose wisely using proper criteria, and you will have a happy, peaceful home full of children and joy that will last a lifetime. Material stuff turns to junk over time. Family is all that ultimately matters in this world. The responses in this thread to the contrary are unbelievably sad and cynical. I guess that is where we are as a society.

/this

She will.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

In this day and age, I don't believe (and it's not been my personal experience) that women have to be lied to to get them in bed.  Frankly, women do more of the initiating than the hesitating.

Glad to hear that you're happily married.  But if you don't care, why bring up the part about the name calling?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Simple observation. They aren't calling me any names, but the name calling hasn't escaped my notice.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#33]
47, single..never married.  i look at relatives and friends, most of whom are now divorced and think never marrying is the smartest decision i ever made.  In many cases the ex's still haunt them, and long after the final alimony payment is made still try to suck money out of them
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#34]
That article will play well here at dysfunctional male headquarters.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

/this

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Choose wisely using proper criteria, and you will have a happy, peaceful home full of children and joy that will last a lifetime. Material stuff turns to junk over time. Family is all that ultimately matters in this world. The responses in this thread to the contrary are unbelievably sad and cynical. I guess that is where we are as a society.

/this

Does that include your guns?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#36]
it's a good article. I'm glad I married a woman who isn't crazy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:08:07 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
If you got married last night, you've got better things to do than be on ARF.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I got married last night and NOW you show me this article? Nice timing Rob.

If you got married last night, you've got better things to do than be on ARF.  

Seriously.  This is similar to those "I just cut my arm off, should I see a doctor?" posts.  

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#38]
That was a whole lot of words to say "because you don't take it in the ass."
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:09:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If anyone deliberately fucks up a simple task to skive off doing it, they deserve what they get. Male or female. Even more so if they brag about deliberately screwing up. And deliberately screwing up is not the same as simply not knowing how.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:10:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Hands down BIGGEST mistake I've ever made was getting married...nothing else comes remotely close and I've had my share of mistakes
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My good friend is an engineer and just divorced his school teacher (when she felt like keeping a job), ex-wife after 10 years of marriage.  No kids
He kept the debt (including the house), she walked away with a $100k+ of his money.plus half his 401k.
She went into court twice with no lawyer playing the poor, helpless, school teacher role, even after the judge had told her not to come back to court without a lawyer.

Despite her not following the judges orders, the judge just pretty much just negotiated everything for her.
She pretty much won, no debt, probably over $200k in cash, it's all a win for her.
View Quote

At that point I'd probably just take a rifle, a handgun, and my ammo fort, and go cobble together a cabin in a national forest somewhere and fall off the face of the planet, AFTER donating everything I had and everything she was supposed to get to charity.

The legal system is so fucked. Emotions should have nothing to do with who gets what.

And on the other end of that argument, since marriage was started as a religious institution, the government should have no say in it. There shouldn't be a divorce court, if you want a divorce that should be between you, your God, your wife, and your church.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:12:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That article will play well here at dysfunctional male headquarters.
View Quote

This post would be funny if it wasn't so true.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:15:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
it's a good article. I'm glad I married a woman who isn't crazy.
View Quote

Well, they're not crazy until they go crazy.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If anyone deliberately fucks up a simple task to skive off doing it, they deserve what they get. Male or female. Even more so if they brag about deliberately screwing up. And deliberately screwing up is not the same as simply not knowing how.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have also heard women boast of deliberately getting pregnant to avoid a deployment. If women act conniving and/or stupid about important things, then they can hardly complain when they are portrayed as conniving and/or stupid. See how that works? Broad brush and all....
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I got divorced with no lawyer.

When it was time for the signing, the judge was not pleased that I was alone.

He asks me, where is your lawyer

Don't need one says I

Why not?

Well sir, seeing as how I work for a living , I don't have the thousands of dollars it would cost me.

How are you suppose to understand the agreement you're signing?

I can read

He didn't like that !

Fuck em
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I'm apparently the rare, happy exception. My wife is pregnant with our fifth child, and third boy. I couldn't be happier about it.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I have also heard women boast of deliberately getting pregnant to avoid a deployment. If women act conniving and/or stupid about important things, then they can hardly complain when they are portrayed as conniving and/or stupid. See how that works? Broad brush and all....
View Quote

Yep. Not all women do that, but enough of them do that it creates a stereotype detrimental to all females in the military. I wish I could cuntpunch every single one of the skiving twats.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 39
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top