BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 23
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
O.k., I'm not sure I understand what is going on here.  This is what I think is going on.

1. The Russians wacked that city planner guy in the beginning.  Part of their grand plot to replace VV and own that part of California, aided by Judge dickhead's son and  Not-Blackwater.
2. When city planner guy was wacked, his place gets tossed for the diamonds?  Maybe?  Why was city planner tortured if it was just a wack?  The diamonds were some loot from the Rodney King riots and crooked cops.  Who were those cops?  Was it Velcoro's crooked partner?
4. Puta chick's ho friend was killed in that cabin for something.  Seems a little extreme for pimp justice.  

It seems like you have two whole separate plot interweaving, the "land-deal" plot and the "diamond heist" plot.  Other than both being connected to city planner guy, it seems like a very un-plausible turn of events.  Am I missing something?
View Quote

1.Casper bought in with VV money and kept the diamonds set aside for his plot of land. The whack Casper then they have the money, diamonds, and land shares
4. Chick that was put in the shed found out thru the parties what Casper and other people were up to, threatened to go to police of they don't buy her off, they whack her to tighten up loose ends
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm not upset THAT he got shot, but how it happened. Those tunnels seemed to have a ton of exits.
How did the guy know he was going to exit right there... Seemed contrived.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
man I am glad he got capped.

I'm not upset THAT he got shot, but how it happened. Those tunnels seemed to have a ton of exits.

Was thinking the same thing.  Too many exits. The black guy even said the tunnels run under the entire city, he could of came out anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:59:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Was thinking the same thing.  Too many exits. The black guy even said the tunnels run under the entire city, he could of came out anywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remembered this quote from a previous article critical of TD season 2: ‘When in doubt, have a man come through the door with a gun in his hand,’ Raymond Chandler advised any aspiring authors who found the plot of their crime novel was floundering.

This technique/plot device is the deus ex machina of detective stories.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:02:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Major points left undone.   Sarcasm now

Who stole gay boys bike?

Will VV ever have a child?

Velcoro win his kid?

The mayors daughter,what did she not tell.

This show is still crap, say what you want about season 1 having less folks, it was better for it, better scripted, better plot, better everything
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

1.Casper bought in with VV money and kept the diamonds set aside for his plot of land. The whack Casper then they have the money, diamonds, and land shares

View Quote
How did they know about the diamonds?  That's the part that is really getting me.  Two crimes decades apart.  Did the Russians just happen to pick a guy who knew Casper's past?  Did the Russians find out about the diamonds?

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How did they know about the diamonds?  That's the part that is really getting me.  Two crimes decades apart.  Did the Russians just happen to pick a guy who knew Casper's past?  Did the Russians find out about the diamonds?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you say "they", do you mean the Russians?  At this point, I don't think it was the Russians who offed Caspere.  The Vinci PD brass and Mayor knew Caspere had the diamonds because they were in on the original heist.  Caspere already bought in with W's cash; they whack Caspere and buy back his shares of the land for pennies on the dollar, and double their money by fencing the diamonds as well.

ETA: Stop thinking about the diamonds and the murder as two separate crimes, the heist was the beginning of the whole chain of events, it makes more sense when you think of it that way.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

When you say "they", do you mean the Russians?  At this point, I don't think it was the Russians who offed Caspere.  The Vinci PD brass and Mayor knew Caspere had the diamonds because they were in on the original heist.  Caspere already bought in with W's cash; they whack Caspere and buy back his shares of the land for pennies on the dollar, and double their money by fencing the diamonds as well.
View Quote
But the Russians seem to be behind everything.  They open by playing coy with VV, and have been buying up all his stuff?  They've been behind this in some way since the beginning.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
But the Russians seem to be behind everything.  They open by playing coy with VV, and have been buying up all his stuff?  They've been behind this in some way since the beginning.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but my guess is that they're making the power play on him because they know that he has no capital to fight them off after Caspere left him high and dry with nothing.  Even though the land deal is crazy lucrative, the vice business in Vinci is still worth an awful lot (maybe somewhat less after W burned it down to the ground last night ).  I admit I'm not sure what the angle with the Russians is though.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

True, but my guess is that they're making the power play on him because they know that he has no capital to fight them off after Caspere left him high and dry with nothing.  Even though the land deal is crazy lucrative, the vice business in Vinci is still worth an awful lot (maybe somewhat less after W burned it down to the ground last night ).  I admit I'm not sure what the angle with the Russians is though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you are correct.  In the beginning they were going in with Frank (VV) but decided to think about it some more.  Then they learned that Caspere was killed and Frank no longer had the money.  I think they then decided to make a move on Frank and his territory.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I think you are correct.  In the beginning they were going in with Frank (VV) but decided to think about it some more.  Then they learned that Caspere was killed and Frank no longer had the money.  I think they then decided to make a move on Frank and his territory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One thing is for certain, Frank is one bad motherfucker.  People that try to go head to head with him do so at their own peril.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously Casper was at the parties with all the high profile people ie- mayor on Vinci, the police chief, and the AG. Casper starts bragging to girls and other people about the diamonds and starts showing off. VV buys in to the tune of 2 million and tries to bring the Russians in with him so he can own more of the land. The Russians find out about Caspers diamonds, VV unsecured money, and get into the "catalyst corp". Whack Casper, steal VVs money, and start hunting for the diamonds. That's why the accountant at the catalyst corp wants that harddrove so bad, it has all the info on the deals befor Casper was killed.

My opinion.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I just think Russian mobster guy was way too calm and smug in that first meeting.  I mean, if you were planning on investing millions and a key guy shows up dead you should show a little emotion.  Instead he is totally calm and all coy with VV as if nothing is surprising him.  I was suspicious of him from the first episode.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Obviously Casper was at the parties with all the high profile people ie- mayor on Vinci, the police chief, and the AG. Casper starts bragging to girls and other people about the diamonds and starts showing off. VV buys in to the tune of 2 million and tries to bring the Russians in with him so he can own more of the land. The Russians find out about Caspers diamonds, VV unsecured money, and get into the "catalyst corp". Whack Casper, steal VVs money, and start hunting for the diamonds. That's why the accountant at the catalyst corp wants that harddrove so bad, it has all the info on the deals befor Casper was killed.

My opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My opinion.
Maybe it's simpler than that.  Casper gets VV money and starts planning to betray VV and/or is approached by the Russians for the same.  Casper gets greedy and wants to put the diamonds in as payment for more shares of the land.  So whomever he is dealing with knows about the unsecured VV money and the diamonds, and decides a little muscle can take out VV and Casper and get all the land, money, and diamonds plus the leverage from the hard drive.  To me, that all points towards the Russians.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Apparently the hard drive is of no concern that they fail to even worry about it in the 2nd to last episode
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Apparently the hard drive is of no concern that they fail to even worry about it in the 2nd to last episode
View Quote

I'm sure it'll be something like Evil Skinny Lt is getting ready to shoot RM and CF will pop in from nowhere and kill him and RM will be all like 'OH MY HOW DID YOU KNOW!' and CF will be all 'I WATCHES TEH HARD DRIVE', which will show sorts of incriminating shit.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's only 2 episodes left???? That would really suck

I re watched the 1st season first 3 episodes, it's scary how good that season was
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I re watched the 1st season first 3 episodes, it's scary how good that season was
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, just one episode left now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#18]
At this point, my wife and I are really only pulling for VV's character. Everyone else can FOAD.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Any ideas as to wtf is going on?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I need a cheat-sheet, a diagram with pictures and names and notes and clusters and arrows and timelines and relationships and clues and revelations and pointers, to keep all this crap straight.  
View Quote

Ask and you shall receive.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One and a half? 90 minute finale.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My wife is boo-hooing about it..... lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife is boo-hooing about it..... lol

lol  

is she a yaoi  fan by chance?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I need a cheat-sheet, a diagram with pictures and names and notes and clusters and arrows and timelines and relationships and clues and revelations and pointers, to keep all this crap straight.  

It's a good take, but I don't think it connects the Russians well enough.  Those guys are in deep.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I like this season fine

sure its not the masterpiece the first season was.  but its good

its not perfect., but its biggest problem is over coming the hype after the first season

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:31:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any one know if they plan on running the first season?

Started watching in season 2
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:30:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Should be available anytime you want on HBOGO or HBO On Demand.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#27]
So the rapist was Frank's red headed #2 guy that he shot in his office.  He's the one that Frank got the 'meth head' info from to give Velcoro.  And he is was a ginger.

ETA - anyone see Frank's shopping list.  M-4 Automatic Rifles, Benelli M-4 Shotguns, Remington 870 Shotguns.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So the rapist was Frank's red headed #2 guy that he shot in his office.  He's the one that Frank got the 'meth head' info from to give Velcoro.  And he is was a ginger.

ETA - anyone see Frank's shopping list.  M-4 Automatic Rifles, Benelli M-4 Shotguns, Remington 870 Shotguns.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:34:00 PM EDT
[#29]
I just finished season 1 and thought it was very good. Looks like I should skip season 2?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/vXuIhQA.png

I'm thinking Ani, Ray, Frank and Nails are going to try and take down the money drop. If nothing else we'll get a great action sequence out of this.

The biggest problem is that there have been 6 different directors. Last season had one really talented dude directing all the episodes and the attention to detail was far superior.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

My thoughts exactly unless they tie that up by saying the leader who was hit in the head called him to let him know where he would likely come out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if the detective that just killed gay boy could possibly be the brother that hid under the cabinets during their Parents murder. Sister is helping bring this all down from the inside.

I think it's a plot device out of a bad 1970's detective show to have the villain waiting in hiding at just the right exit from a place that had a bazillionty exits.

My thoughts exactly unless they tie that up by saying the leader who was hit in the head called him to let him know where he would likely come out.

Or they had all of the likely exists covered. Their being a driver parked close by tells me their is more people in play.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:45:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Television?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The gay detective has skills and knows how to survive a gunfight, that's for sure. But he shouldn't have been in a gunfight in the first place. The decision to go into the tunnels was asinine from the get-go. Also, when he disarmed the high-ranking black cop and had a gun at his head, he made the other four mercs put down their guns. Then he let the black cop go and ran away, which allowed the mercs to pick their guns back up and chase him.

Why not tell them to drop their guns, march them 25 feet away, shoot the black cop in the face, and then shoot the four mercs as quickly as possible? You know there's going to be a gunfight if you they get their hands back on their guns. Why not be the one to shoot first, when they're unarmed?

Television?

It would have been cooler if he had smoked them tho.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:54:30 PM EDT
[#33]
a buddy sent me this, help me tie it together a bit better.

some slight spoilers/guesses on the last few paragraphs/pictures.

http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/08/true-detective-black-maps-and-motel-rooms-recap/
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:58:05 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ha, that helps.  Still feels like I'm studying for a frickin' chemistry test though.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, it wasn't his #2 guy. The #2 guy picked some meth-head as the guy so he could gain favor with Frank and move up in the organization. The actual rapist is the one that Velcoro met in the prison.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:15:07 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/vXuIhQA.png

Does it bother anyone else that they repeated a few of the listings as opposed to putting like "x2" next to it like other listings? Or how they misspelled Remington as "Remmington?"
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:55:12 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Does it bother anyone else that they repeated a few of the listings as opposed to putting like "x2" next to it like other listings? Or how they misspelled Remington as "Remmington?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

snip

Yup.  Its ten items, all of which are on the list twice.  Did they think the list didn't look big enough so they just copied everything twice?  That's my guess, bigger list is more dramatic yo!

S02E07 was the first episode of this season that really impressed me.  There was a good mix of exposition and action.  Some things were a bit too convenient but I stopped expecting the writing brilliance of season 1 long ago...

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:02:09 AM EDT
[#38]
At least this season seems building up to end on a high note rather than fucking up the ending like last season's dumpster fire.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:03:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:05:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
At least this season seems building up to end on a high note rather than fucking up the ending like last season's garbage.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:06:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:13:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:20:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:22:39 AM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At least this season seems building up to end on a high note rather than fucking up the ending like last season's garbage.

https://d.gr-assets.com/hostedimages/1380341135ra/697377.gif

It was terrible. Forced, rushed, implausible, and cliche. There's a huge conspiracy spanning generations of powerful people...nah, just kidding it was an inbred retard coon ass lawnmower jockey and we solved it in six minutes becuase he somehow managed to get green paint on his ears and we somehow managed to put that together 20 years later.

The first season went from a brilliant slow burn masterpiece to a bad episode of Criminal Minds quicker than I hit rewind on Daddario's tits.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:34:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 4:05:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It was terrible. Forced, rushed, implausible, and cliche. There's a huge conspiracy spanning generations of powerful people...nah, just kidding it was an inbred retard coon ass lawnmower jockey and we solved it in six minutes becuase he somehow managed to get green paint on his ears and we somehow managed to put that together 20 years later.

The first season went from a brilliant slow burn masterpiece to a bad episode of Criminal Minds quicker than I hit rewind on Daddario's tits.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They laid it out pretty explicitly in the final episode of season one that they knew that the "powerful people" were still out there, but they had done about all they could.  Rev Tuttle met his demise somehow, so that and the attempted arrest/raid/subsequent death of the crazy lawn technician tied up most of the loose ends and allowed the "powerful people" to slink back into the shadows.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:44:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The slow motion scene where Gay Merc kind of trotted in slow motion before turning and finding the door out telegraphed his death. Also Afro cop said the tunnels went all under Vinci, so how did the killer know the exact shadow to stand in. I also don't see Gay Merc going into that building earlier in the show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The slow motion scene where Gay Merc kind of trotted in slow motion before turning and finding the door out telegraphed his death. Also Afro cop said the tunnels went all under Vinci, so how did the killer know the exact shadow to stand in. I also don't see Gay Merc going into that building earlier in the show.

He was the Jar Jar Binks of Season 2...the director could have jumped on screen and killed him with chopsticks and still my strongest emotion would have been relief that that stupid plot line was dead.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 8:46:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They laid it out pretty explicitly in the final episode of season one that they knew that the "powerful people" were still out there, but they had done about all they could.  Rev Tuttle met his demise somehow, so that and the attempted arrest/raid/subsequent death of the crazy lawn technician tied up most of the loose ends and allowed the "powerful people" to slink back into the shadows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I understood but it still seemed lazy to me. I didn't expect them to catch everyone but the rest of the season deserved a better finale than the tired, half assed police procedural ending we got. The green paint thing was really weak and the inbred cartoon bad guy was straight from the cliche TV villians play book.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#49]
"You wanna make flowers"
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Oh, I understood but it still seemed lazy to me. I didn't expect them to catch everyone but the rest of the season deserved a better finale than the tired, half assed police procedural ending we got. The green paint thing was really weak and the inbred cartoon bad guy was straight from the cliche TV villians play book.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought they were his hearing protection, not his ears. He had green muffs while riding the mower, so I pegged him pretty early as a perp.

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top