Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/22/2015 11:05:31 PM EDT
https://youtu.be/ulsA8aFOkRs

I'm liking his message a lot. He is a neurosurgeon and looks to be a very good American.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Except the whole "people in cities shouldn't be able to own handguns," right?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:06:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm liking his message a lot. He is a neurosurgeon and looks to be a very good American.
View Quote

Um yes to first part and no to second part.

Edit to add:

Yes I have heard of Carson.

NO I don't want him as president.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:06:48 PM EDT
[#3]
You live under a rock?

He is okay.  Check out his stance on gun laws before you get too excited.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:08:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Neva gonna happen.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:08:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I have. He doesn't stand a snowball's chance in Hell.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#6]
No thanks.

But when asked whether people should be allowed to own “semi-automatic weapons,” the doctor replied: “It depends on where you live.”

“I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it,” Carson elaborated.

However, if you live “out in the country somewhere by yourself” and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, “I’ve no problem with that.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:18:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I usually don't vote for anti-gun people, regardless of what they do for a living.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I usually don't vote for anti-gun people, regardless of what they do for a living.

View Quote

This. I'm a single issue voter and usually the most pro gun candidates other views also align with mine.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:23:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the same odds of becoming POTUS.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:23:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You live under a rock?

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:24:29 PM EDT
[#11]
It became obvious to me that he knew little or nothing about guns. I thought it was worth the effort to contact his campaign, offer to talk to him, take him shooting (he and I live rather close to each other), or anything else. I essentially got blown off.

Thus, I'm taking his stated position as his real position, so I will not vote for him.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:25:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Except he is not Qualified.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:25:42 PM EDT
[#13]
He can fuck right off.

Maybe he can be Surgeon General, but POTUS?  Nope.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:29:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
He can fuck right off.

View Quote

As long as he does not take on guns as a health issue
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:30:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Did OP just wake up from a 10 year slumber?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:33:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No thanks.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
No thanks.

But when asked whether people should be allowed to own “semi-automatic weapons,” the doctor replied: “It depends on where you live.”

“I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it,” Carson elaborated.

However, if you live “out in the country somewhere by yourself” and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, “I’ve no problem with that.”

I think he has back peddled on this. If it came down to him or a democrap I would vote for him but I don't think he has a chance at the nomination.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I couldn't vote for him even if he gets the nomination. Besides for being antigun, and subsequently having to spin his position after political pressure, he has no idea about personal freedom. His stance on a federal mandate for vaccinations flies against  the premise of healthcare choice and freedom, which reminds me of Obamacare. Also, he believes that Alan Greenspan was the best chairman of the Federal Reserve in modern times, who was asleep during the housing bubble, yet that is of no issue to Dr. Carson.  Dr. Carson should take a remedial class on economics and the Fed, in addition to the constitution.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:36:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

No thanks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No thanks.

But when asked whether people should be allowed to own "semi-automatic weapons,” the doctor replied: "It depends on where you live.”

"I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it,” Carson elaborated.

However, if you live "out in the country somewhere by yourself” and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, "I’ve no problem with that.”
Didn't see that. Thought he was pro gun

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:37:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:46:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I couldn't vote for him even if he gets the nomination. Besides for being antigun, and subsequently having to spin his position after political pressure, he has no idea about personal freedom. His stance on a federal mandate for vaccinations flies against  the premise of healthcare choice and freedom, which reminds me of Obamacare. Also, he believes that Alan Greenspan was the best chairman of the Federal Reserve in modern times, who was asleep during the housing bubble, yet that is of no issue to Dr. Carson.  Dr. Carson should take a remedial class on economics and the Fed, in addition to the constitution.
View Quote

Antivaxxers are retarded.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#21]
In addition to his "I was anti-gun before I was pro-gun" nonsense, there's this gem:

"Is it moral for us, for example, to take advantage of cheap labor from
illegal immigrants while denying them citizenship? I'm sure you can tell
from the way I phrased the question that I believe we have taken the
moral low road on this issue.
Some segments of our economy would virtually collapse without these
undocumented workers--we all know that--yet we continue to harass and
deport many individuals who are simply seeking a better life for
themselves and their families.
Is there a way to apply logic to this issue and arrive at an intelligent
solution?
"
Then there's this regarding the Ferguson incident:

"He specified "for instance, in a lot of places, police officers aren’t
even allowed to go into the more dangerous areas by themselves. They’re
always paired. Or you know, people use tasers, people learn how to shoot
people in the legs to stop them from charging
, things of that nature.
And I seriously doubt that he’d been given that information."

He's full of both herp and derp.  No vote from me.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:01:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
No thanks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
No thanks.

Yup.

And even if he changes his mind I'll pass. He clearly doesn't understand freedom and rights. We don't need someone like that.

Pass.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#23]
fucker doesn't even know what semi automatic means.  Any one that says that shit doesn't have a fucking clue
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:04:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Republicans are only jizzing over this guy because he's brown, and was vaguely insulting to zero. Embarrassing, really.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:10:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:13:34 AM EDT
[#26]
getting my vote?

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:20:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But they should have the freedom to act retarded. I don't want a nanny state telling me what size pop I should drink or whether steak is bad for me. If they get sick there's a thing called natural selection. Personal healthcare choices are central to market freedom, which I support despite being current on my vaccines
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:25:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

But they should have the freedom to act retarded. I don't want a nanny state telling me what size pop I should drink or whether steak is bad for me. If they get sick there's a thing called natural selection. Personal healthcare choices are central to market freedom, which I support despite being current on my vaccines
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree on this one issue. Vaccines prevent the spread of disease that affects everyone. Polio, small pox etc....every child should be vaccinated because it doesn't just effect the individual.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:30:55 AM EDT
[#29]
I highly doubt we'll see another Black president for a LONG time.
Lot of hate for the current one.
If you're not a member of the FSA.
He has destroyed race relations in this country.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:32:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No thanks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
No thanks.

Amen brother
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:35:54 AM EDT
[#31]
No worries.  He doesn't stand a chance.  Having said that, I have been seeing a lot of his bumper stickers lately.  Have yet to see a Cruz sticker

I'll vote for him if he gets the nomination.  I'd just much rather vote for Cruz.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:36:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Ya, ben carson can get fucked.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:41:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I disagree on this one issue. Vaccines prevent the spread of disease that affects everyone. Polio, small pox etc....every child should be vaccinated because it doesn't just effect the individual.
View Quote

Most children get vaccines, due to registering for class or on behalf of their parents desire. The free market is a player to make sure people get vaccinated; for example, some doctors are only taking children who are previously vaccinated. It is a matter of the "collective good," like Hillary Clinton frequently says, or individual rights. Any politician that is willing to usurp individual rights for the "collective good" does not believe in the true meaning of the restraint of government, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:58:07 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
For real, the guy has been out in the open for an entire year.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did OP just wake up from a 10 year slumber?

For real, the guy has been out in the open for an entire year.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:08:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Carson stands about as much chance of being President as Rick Santorum, Lindsey Graham, John McCain or several of the others dips from the right.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:16:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Carson stands about as much chance of being President as Rick Santorum, Lindsey Graham, John McCain or several of the others dips from the right.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:35:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Ben Carson said he changed his mind and was against gun registration because "sinister internal forces" could surface in that scenario. He "used to think they needed to be registered, but if you register them they just come and find you and take your guns." He said, "I would never advocate anything to interfere with Second Amendment rights; however, I do think we have to be intelligent" and address situations where people with AK-47s are mowing people down. "We need to discuss, 'Is there something we can do?' We have to keep in mind that law-abiding American citizens absolutely should have gun rights."
View Quote

But when asked whether people should be allowed to own "semi-automatic weapons," the doctor replied: "It depends on where you live. I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I'm afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it," Carson elaborated. However, if you live "out in the country somewhere by yourself" and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, "I've no problem with that."
View Quote

Link

He's the Beach Footwear candidate: flip-flops allll day long.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 4:18:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Yes.  And me liking his message is proof that it ain't about black and white.

FBHO

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 4:46:10 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Maybe he can be Surgeon General
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 4:56:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Fuck man, he could have the best gun views in the world, and every other subject for that matter and he has no chance...

Thanks Obama *sigh*
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:07:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Guy will never get my vote.  Doesn't have a fucking clue when it comes to the Constitution.  Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:11:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Fuck man, he could have the best gun views in the world, and every other subject for that matter and he has no chance...

Thanks Obama *sigh*
View Quote

Meh.  We've had lots of white presidents who were shitbags too.  Maybe not to the extent of Obungo,but pretty close (Carter, Clinton, FDR, Wilson).

Might be a while, but if a good right wing black guy tried in the future, I don't think he'd be automatically DQed under the Obungo Rule.

As for Carson... would love to have him if I ever needed a neurosurgeon... as President, not so much.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:11:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You live under a rock?

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:18:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He can fuck right off.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:32:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This. I'm a single issue voter and usually the most pro gun candidates other views also align with mine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's because judging a candidate on his stance on guns is not really about the single issue of guns. It's reflective of how they understand the Constitution and freedom.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:37:36 AM EDT
[#46]
I find it cute how many of you still think your vote matters or that they'll give you a candidate worth voting for. Even though the dichotomy stares us right in the face, we don't want to acknowledge it because it hurts to think about America being that way. I do enjoy the banter of trying to justify why Republicans keep voting for expanding powers for the POTUS & all the bullshit " If you don't vote for so and so, your voting for the Dems". If only we put our efforts into something that actually helps our cause.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:40:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No thanks.

But when asked whether people should be allowed to own "semi-automatic weapons,” the doctor replied: "It depends on where you live.”

"I think if you live in the midst of a lot of people, and I’m afraid that that semi-automatic weapon is going to fall into the hands of a crazy person, I would rather you not have it,” Carson elaborated.

However, if you live "out in the country somewhere by yourself” and want to own a semi-automatic weapon, he added, "I’ve no problem with that.”

He's pro Ben Carson...
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:41:12 AM EDT
[#48]
I want to like him, i really do.  But his "original" position on guns is still a concern.  he has not, in my view, corrected that.  his view on immigration I am concerned with also.  I am sure there are some other things, but those 2 or on the top of my list.  now if it is him vs hillary, then yes he gets my vote.  I will vote the lesser of 2 evils in that case.

Of course it is a moot point.  if he happens to start getting close to being a threat, there will be numerous white women coming out of the wood work claiming he raped them.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:45:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Plagiarism is a serious matter. Ben Carson should know.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:00:48 AM EDT
[#50]
I like the fact that he's not a career politician, and he's actually worked for a living.  

"Just for the record, let me be extremely clear, I am extremely pro–Second Amendment, no question about it,” Carson said.  

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/416786/ben-carson-gun-owners-trust-me-jim-geraghty
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top