Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/22/2015 10:17:34 PM EDT
Obama wins trade victory in the Senate

A coalition of nearly 50 Senate Republicans and more than 10 Democrats voted for Trade Promotion Authority late Friday, sending the legislation to the House for a difficult fight as Obama faces more entrenched opposition from Democrats.
TPA’s fast-track provisions would allow Congress, under strict timelines, to consider trade deals with a simple up-or-down vote without any amendments or requirements of a Senate super-majority to end debate. That would help Obama complete the final details of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), with the other 11 nations, a bloc that represents about 40 percent of the global economy.
The legislative package also includes new funding for labor training for workers that are certified for having lost their jobs because of foreign competition.
Now chairman of the Ways and Means Committee, Ryan is leading the push to secure as many votes as possible from the Republican side of the aisle for Obama’s fast-track authorities on trade deals. He has been working with Boehner’s leadership team convening meetings with Republicans to educate the dozens of junior lawmakers who have never considered a trade deal like the potential Pacific Rim pact.

Just 55 members of the House were in office during the 1993 debate for the North American Free Trade Agreement, and nearly 140 lawmakers — a third of the entire House — have never voted on any trade deal before. The last trade deals, with Panama, Colombia and South Korea, were approved in October 2011.

View Quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-wins-trade-victory-in-the-senate/2015/05/22/1cb6958e-00c7-11e5-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

Details are still "classified"

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#1]
God dammnit you fucking shitbags, quit giving away what little authority and powers you have to check this runaway executive branch (and not just under this chucklefuck).
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Voting. It works.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The Republicans have already lost me as a voter for ANY Republican in 2016 (for POTUS).    Keep at it and lose more.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
God dammnit you fucking shitbags, quit giving away what little authority and powers you have to check this runaway executive branch (and not just under this chucklefuck).
View Quote

Here's a hint.

The GOP isn't your friend.

They, like the dems.......just care about themselves.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#5]
If giving Obama what he wants is chess could these people try playing checkers.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:35:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Republicans have already lost me as a voter for ANY Republican in 2016 (for POTUS).    Keep at it and lose more.
View Quote

If Hillary wins and gets to select supreme court justices, the 2nd amendment is null and void.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:37:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

#youdontunderstandpolitics #chessnotcheckers
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You forgot #thebeekeeper

Txl
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:39:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rand will be the only one I will vote for as POTUS in 2016. Even if its a write in. He is not perfect but the GOP hates him. That says a lot.

Not sure what I will do for senate since I will not vote for Toomy as of now.  I will have to see what my choices are.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#10]
FBHO

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Become the DICTATOR!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If Hillary wins and gets to select supreme court justices, the 2nd amendment is null and void.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You will not get me to change my mind.   The only chance is if the Republicans stop all Obama efforts to destroy this country and go after other things he has done.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Obama wins trade victory in the Senate

A coalition of nearly 50 Senate Republicans and more than 10 Democrats voted for Trade Promotion Authority late Friday, sending the legislation to the House for a difficult fight as Obama faces more entrenched opposition from Democrats.
TPA’s fast-track provisions would allow Congress, under strict timelines, to consider trade deals with a simple up-or-down vote without any amendments or requirements of a Senate super-majority to end debate. That would help Obama complete the final details of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), with the other 11 nations, a bloc that represents about 40 percent of the global economy.
The legislative package also includes new funding for labor training for workers that are certified for having lost their jobs because of foreign competition.
Now chairman of the Ways and Means Committee, Ryan is leading the push to secure as many votes as possible from the Republican side of the aisle for Obama’s fast-track authorities on trade deals. He has been working with Boehner’s leadership team convening meetings with Republicans to educate the dozens of junior lawmakers who have never considered a trade deal like the potential Pacific Rim pact.

Just 55 members of the House were in office during the 1993 debate for the North American Free Trade Agreement, and nearly 140 lawmakers — a third of the entire House — have never voted on any trade deal before. The last trade deals, with Panama, Colombia and South Korea, were approved in October 2011.

View Quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-wins-trade-victory-in-the-senate/2015/05/22/1cb6958e-00c7-11e5-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

Details are still "classified"

View Quote

LOL
Representative government is a sick joke in thi country.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:48:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chess..checkers... what they're really playing is hide the weenie and we're the recipients. .. they don't have our best interests at heart,  only their own.   As for the second amendment,  they know it's our only defense against them... everything else they can be circumvented... with the exception of very few true patriots the Republican party doesn't care about it either.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:51:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You will not get me to change my mind.   The only chance is if the Republicans stop all Obama efforts to destroy this country and go after other things he has done.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember that when they outlaw all but your single shot shotgun.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Special place in hell for politicians. Dante already covered it, I think they occupy the eighth circle.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:05:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I like the part about new labor training for displaced American workers.

To me that sounds like if millions of Chinese immigrants come take the white collar jobs for minimum wage they will retrain you to crack rocks in the gulags.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:14:43 PM EDT
[#18]
LOL, GOP.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS and other cases.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Here's a hint.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's a hint.

Here's a hint. I wasn't only referring to the GOP
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Come on guys, ya gotta vote!

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:20:08 PM EDT
[#22]
The one party system wins again.

We the people lose again
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Where are the folks who were tearing into me for not being thrilled that Mitch won the primary or the election?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:31:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

We the people lose again
View Quote

What's amazing is that there are still people that don't realize this fact.  

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:38:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Fuck the 17th Amendment.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:39:12 PM EDT
[#26]
What lobbying group was pushing this?

And how much $$$$ did they spread around? I'm assuming a shitload.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:39:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Fuck the 17th Amendment.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:44:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Republicans and nationally elected dems pushing free trade isn't a suprise.

I'm still voting  for whoever the R nominee is.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:51:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Voting. It works.
View Quote

Less and Less

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:52:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Where are the folks who were tearing into me for not being thrilled that Mitch won the primary or the election?
View Quote

I was never a fan of his.  I also called for people in Boehner's district to vote for the Democrat.  Get rid of good ole boy RINOs.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#31]
There will be a lot of people going back to school on the taxpayers dime. Hell I might be one of them. I'll take it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Republicans and nationally elected dems pushing free trade isn't a suprise.

I'm still voting  for whoever the R nominee is.
View Quote

We have no clue what this really is. It will be classified for years because they don't want us to know.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:56:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

THIS and other cases.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS and other cases.

Really, at 5 to 4, how long do you really think we can last? Especially when the Republicans cave whenever the Dem's put up the least amount of stink. Even with President Cruz, could he get the votes he needs for a conservative judge? I'm not real optimistic.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:11:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We the people lose again

That is not a fact:  that is an assertion made by people who should know better.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:17:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That is not a fact:  that is an assertion made by people who should know better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We the people lose again

You just proved Qweevox's statement.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:21:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

People like you said the same thing in 1932 in disgust with the Hoover administration when they elected Franklin D. Roosevelt to office along with 59 Democrats in the Senate and 313 Democrats in the HoR.

People back then were RIGHT to be upset with the Republican party however their response, the one you and others are posting here, IS NOT THE ANSWER!

Those people who were legitimately pissed gave the Democrats majorities in both houses of Congress from 1933 - 1947 (14 years) and the Presidency for 20 years (FDR and Truman).

Do you have any idea what damage was done to this Republic during that period?  

Do you recall the National Firearms Act of 1934?    How about the Federal Firearms Act of 1938?   How about the Judges he appointed that gave us the brilliant legal theories that are still here today?   How about Social Security?  

Are you people really this short sighted?  Have you learned nothing from history?   DO NOT GIVE UP ON THE REPUBLICAN PARTY!   Work within the system to have those GOP Senators and Congresscritters REMOVED from office and replaced with those who respect the Constitution.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:25:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

His statement and many others like are quite silly.

Look I realize that people are upset (and rightly so) but this idea of discarding the only legitimate hope we have of restoring our country to some vague semblance of what it was once in favor for things that were tried and FAILED just strikes me as odd.

We have effectively had one party rule in this country over the last 100 years as Democrats have controlled the HoR 72 and the US Senate 73.5 of the last 118 years.  

The Democrats controlled the HoR for FORTY YEARS from 1955 - 1995.

Do we really want to go back to that?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:26:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Thread title should have read:

Senate votes to give more of their power to Emporer Obama.  

Whats the point of voting anymore? I guess I might as well get used to the idea of turning in my guns or going to jail in the next 10 years.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:29:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Something just doesn't add up.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:37:00 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We the people lose again

Is that you, gonoles? Welcome back.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:37:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I do not think you have thought this through.   Obama is not trying to destroy this country:  he is trying to CHANGE IT.

Did FDR destroy the country when he controlled the country with absolute control with Democrat super majorities in BOTH houses of Congress?
Did LBJ destroy the country when he had Democrat majorities in BOTH houses of Congress?
Obama will not "destroy" this country.  

No his work is building off the work of his predecessors because people like you wanted to teach the Republicans a lesson.   Do you want to teach the Republicans a lesson?   Make a list of the Senators and Congressmen who voted for this thing and then work to have them replaced with Republicans who will support the constitution.

Understand this now:  No person or group of people will "destroy" this country.  

Instead these people will continue to change and mold the country into an image more to their liking until one day you or your children will wake up and realize everything has changed.

The Government and police state will remain.  There will be no glorious reset.   There will be not triumphant war where patriots storm the ramparts and return this nation to some colonial utopia where the Constitution is restored and there is liberty for all.

If shots are fired in anger there will be nothing but suffering, misery, death, and tyranny.  

Fight this thing with your words and your votes while you still can.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:46:04 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I was never a fan of his.  I also called for people in Boehner's district to vote for the Democrat.  Get rid of good ole boy RINOs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We got Dick "Six Term" Lugar out in the 2012 primary. He was beaten by Richard "Your rape baby is a gift from God" Mourdock.

Mourdock lost to Joe Donnelly, a democrat in the general.

This really shouldn't be so difficult.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:49:07 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

FBHO

View Quote

FEA

*fuck em all

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:49:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, I am not "gonoles."

I am a person who knows what happens when Republicans decide to "teach Republicans a message":  you get a generation of Democrats in power and all that comes with it.

NFA '34. FFA '38, GCA '68, GFSZA, Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, and DVOGB.  

Those are merely problems on the 2A.    Take a look at the tax rates imposed when both houses of Congress are run by Democrats.

There are real, painful consequences to the road you are going down when you do not have to.    Work to change the party from within.   The alternative is not something I want to go back to and if you knew what Democrat super majorities gave us in the past, you would not want to go back there either.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:51:35 AM EDT
[#46]

I got ya praise , right heeyah ( sigh )

That fucking hard-on just needs to shrivel up and go away

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:54:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No, I am not "gonoles."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I am not "gonoles."

Lol.

In before NorCal.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:55:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Look I realize that people are upset (and rightly so) but this idea of discarding the only legitimate hope we have of restoring our country to some vague semblance of what it was once in favor for things that were tried and FAILED just strikes me as odd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... that's funny, bro.

You need to learn about the three boxes. There is still one left.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:00:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Is it?    

What is your suggestion?

Vote third party and take ZERO seats in the Senate and ZERO seats in the HoR and allow Democrats to reclaim the majorities they enjoyed for more than 60% of the last century?!

Seriously?   What do you suggest we do?

I am all ears here.

Reforming the party from within is not a pipedream:  it has happened before and it is happening now.  

Take down the list of Republicans who are more comfortable acting as Democrats and then use your time, your money, and your voice to ensure they are kicked out of office and replaced with people who will respect the constitution.  

That is the only way to change things for the better.

Quoted:You need to learn about the three boxes. There is still one left.

That will not end the way you may hope it would and I pray to God that eventuality never comes to pass.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:07:01 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
No, I am not "gonoles."

I am a person who knows what happens when Republicans decide to "teach Republicans a message":  you get a generation of Democrats in power and all that comes with it.

NFA '34. FFA '38, GCA '68, GFSZA, Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act, and DVOGB.  

Those are merely problems on the 2A.    Take a look at the tax rates imposed when both houses of Congress are run by Democrats.

There are real, painful consequences to the road you are going down when you do not have to.    Work to change the party from within.   The alternative is not something I want to go back to and if you knew what Democrat super majorities gave us in the past, you would not want to go back there either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I am not "gonoles."

Definitely a retread.

Paging Norcal LEO . . .
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top