Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why?
View Quote

Diverticulitus and infected pockets in my lower colon.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Stop doing that, OP.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:41:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Stop doing that, OP.
View Quote

He asked for the pics....  
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sex change?
View Quote

That would have been much easier...  
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:46:45 PM EDT
[#11]

I have a matching one

Spent 10 days in the hospital. Caught c diff and was so sick all the throwing up and diarrhea caused my appendix to rupture. I "walked off" the insane amount of pain for almost 2 weeks until I could barely function anymore.

The doctors were pretty concerned with my insides since I spent so long with my appendix busted open. Lost of nasty stuff in there. They had to pull everything out and clean the hell out of my insides.

Of course once that was all done I had to be in the hospital the other 6 days until the CDC person cleared me to leave my little quarantine.

Not a fan of the scar but it looks a lot better than I thought it would.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Got pics of your insides out of you? It could be interesting to see one's self in the state.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have a matching one    

<a href="http://s121.photobucket.com/user/fdrifting/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps516d82a7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o240/fdrifting/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps516d82a7.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I have a matching one    

<a href="http://s121.photobucket.com/user/fdrifting/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps516d82a7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o240/fdrifting/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps516d82a7.jpg</a>

That first shit is a fucking nightmare...

I called it the Bloody Demon Choad.  Mother fucker that hurt.  But the relief afterwards along with the drugs was amazing.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#14]

I miss showmeyourwound.com

More pics?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:51:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Got pics of your insides out of you? It could be interesting to see one's self in the state.
View Quote

Take a look on line for a video of an exploratory laparotomy.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

More pics?
View Quote

I can show you the sexy one where I don't color out the other stuff...  Sexy but not too sexy.  

Edit:  Here is an overview of the surgery:  http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1829835-overview#aw2aab6b4

The took out about a foot of large intestine and my small intestine was adhered to the large in two place.  They took out two chunks of small intestine in those areas.  I got chopped up pretty good inside.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

More pics?
View Quote

You have an odd fetish there...
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Here is my guts hanging out mid gastrectomy. 7" tumor. I told the Mayo Clinic I wanted pics if/when I woke up

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I called it the Bloody Demon Choad.  Mother fucker that hurt.  But the relief afterwards along with the drugs was amazing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a matching one    

A day after surgery the nurse nearly killed me lol. You know the machine they have you hooked up to that has the hose down your throat sucking out all the bile and green fluid? Well the dumb nurse let me lay flat... Lower than a gravity fed pump. So everything that drained out of me came back in. I started vomiting non stop. It hurt so bad I was crying and since I couldn't use the stomach muscle to projectile vomit I literally choked on it and drooled it out for hours.

Took them almost a full day to realize why that was happening

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:55:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop doing that, OP.

I recant!!! My eyes!! Depost depost!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Poop thread?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

More pics?
View Quote

weirdo
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:00:43 PM EDT
[#23]
My buddy had that surgery and wore a shit bag for a while, even worked with it on.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

About 5 hours after surgery the nurse nearly killed me lol. You know the machine they have you hooked up to that has the hose down your throat sucking out all the bile and green fluid? Well the dumb nurse let me lay flat... Lower than a gravity fed pump. So everything that drained out of me came back in. I started vomiting non stop. It hurt so bad I was crying and since I couldn't use the stomach muscle to projectile vomit I literally choked on it and drooled it out for hours.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a matching one    

About 5 hours after surgery the nurse nearly killed me lol. You know the machine they have you hooked up to that has the hose down your throat sucking out all the bile and green fluid? Well the dumb nurse let me lay flat... Lower than a gravity fed pump. So everything that drained out of me came back in. I started vomiting non stop. It hurt so bad I was crying and since I couldn't use the stomach muscle to projectile vomit I literally choked on it and drooled it out for hours.

Wow.    Glad you made it through.  What a nightmare.

I think I had the tube down my nose, but the first 2 or three days were really foggy.  Fentenyl is a hell of a drug.  One night though my catheter got kinked and got backed up.  That hurt like a sun of a gun as my bladder expanded and started pushing on all the patchwork in my belly.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Your surgeon couldn't do laparoscopic surgery?

Notice any residual pain where colon was put back together?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:02:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My buddy had that surgery and wore a shit bag for a while, even worked with it on.
View Quote

I only had fear of the surgery about 3 nights before.  I was in such pain from the infected stuff, I knew I had to have surgery but did not want to end up with a bag permanently.  I decided then and there in the dark that night that death would have been easier.  In the end, everything worked out perfectly.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:04:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Your surgeon couldn't do laparoscopic surgery?

Notice any residual pain where colon was put back together?
View Quote

I asked him about it and since they didn't know what they were going to run into, they went in for the worst.  Good thing they did, because they would have had to open me up completely anyway once they discovered the adhesions with my small intestines.

Yes I do have some pain now and again.  I have to watch the volume of food I eat and also if I eat too much roughage, it can get painful yet.  Probably will be on stool softeners the rest of my life.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#28]
So you do have a bag? That's one of my fears....I would try to roll with it though, maybe get a mag wrap for the bag
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:06:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I had a bit of a flare up with diverticulitis back around this past Thanksgiving. It was mild compared to what you had OP.

My doctor told me no more corn, popcorn, peanuts, cashews, pistachios etc., ever again.

This post has given me a reason to not question my doctor.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So you do have a bag? That's one of my fears....I would try to roll with it though, maybe get a mag wrap for the bag
View Quote

Nope.  They got everything hooked up and I had enough healthy tissue near the "exit" that they didn't have to let things heal with an alternative exit temporarily or permanently.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:08:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#32]
I remember your threads on it. Glad to see your doing better .
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:11:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Nice, likewise glad to see ya doing better
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:11:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I had a bit of a flare up with diverticulitis back around this past Thanksgiving. It was mild compared to what you had OP.

My doctor told me no more corn, popcorn, peanuts, cashews, pistachios etc., ever again.

This post has given me a reason to not question my doctor.
View Quote

When they imaged me, I had at least one puss pocket that was a centimeter in size.  

Just make sure you poop a lot.  Fiber is good, but too much can hurt also.

I ended up in the ER a year ago in march a few months before the surgery and one of my doctors was from India.  He has been in the US for about 10 years, and said over seas they don't have a diverticulosis/diverticulitis problem cuz they crap 2 to 4 times a day.  He said after 10 years in the states, he now has diverticulosis (pockets but no infections).

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#35]
A month after our unit arrived in Kuwait I was diagnosed with Diverticulitus as well as an abdominal hernia. I was medevac'd to Arifjan for surgery where a third of my colon was removed. After recovering I caught back up with my unit at Camp Spiecher / and Taji for the rest of our tour.
I was denied any compensation from the VA.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
A month after our unit arrived in Kuwait I was diagnosed with Diverticulitus as well as an abdominal hernia. I was medevac'd to Arifjan for surgery where a third of my colon was removed. After recovering I caught back up with my unit at Camp Spiecher / and Taji for the rest of our tour.
I was denied any compensation from the VA.
View Quote

That sucks.  I can't image MREs are easily passed through the body...
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I remember your threads on it. Glad to see your doing better .
View Quote

Thanks!  Doing much much better.  Just can't eat nearly as much volume.  Helps to eat less and more times a day.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:15:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Nice, likewise glad to see ya doing better
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:15:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I think I had the tube down my nose, but the first 2 or three days were really foggy.  Fentenyl is a hell of a drug.  One night though my catheter got kinked and got backed up.  That hurt like a sun of a gun as my bladder expanded and started pushing on all the patchwork in my belly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a matching one    

Yikes! It was down my nose but went into my throat is what I meant. The first day I barely remember. I just remember being in the recovery room not able to open my eyes and all I could hear was someone screaming for someone to help them (sounded like he was being murdered). I remember my throat feeling like sandpiper and wanting a gallon of water but they'd only let me have ice cubes for food/water for 3 days.

The second day I was fine. I asked to be taken off all pain meds in the second day. I hate being dependent on anything and didn't want to get used to the drugs.

I remember some antibiotic that was heavy like cipro (anthrax treatment) felt like ice in my veins. I hated it (shudders).

my dumps were pitch black sludge it was gross. Mixture of surgery and cdiff. Had to take some suppository' to try to get hard stool (opposite of you).

Having diarrhea and vomiting for over 2 weeks without eating a single piece of food does some shit. Lost 25lbs from it. Gained it all back though
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#40]
It's appalling the Lengths that Liberals will go to so that they don't have to use Antibiotics.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Here is my guts hanging out mid gastrectomy. 7" tumor. I told the Mayo Clinic I wanted pics if/when I woke up

<a href="http://s1094.photobucket.com/user/clearwat/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps5hl2dtc1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i457/clearwat/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps5hl2dtc1.jpg</a>
View Quote

How cool is that?!?

Glad you got pics and that you woke up.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#42]
I have two young adult children my son was hospitalized for 40 days and 5 hours of resection . My daughter was hospitalized for 2 weeks caught c diff and nearly died. My daughter 20 years old is on remicade. At this time both are in remission Crohns disease.

You will be ok  

I nearly died from the stress
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I can show you the sexy one where I don't color out the other stuff...  Sexy but not too sexy.  

Edit:  Here is an overview of the surgery:  http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1829835-overview#aw2aab6b4

The took out about a foot of large intestine and my small intestine was adhered to the large in two place.  They took out two chunks of small intestine in those areas.  I got chopped up pretty good inside.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More pics?

It's so cool how much they can do and still leave you pretty normal.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

weirdo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More pics?

weirdo

We weirdos are useful. We can deal with stuff you don't want to.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:19:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yikes! It was down my nose but went into my throat is what I meant. The first day I barely remember. I just remember being in the recovery room not able to open my eyes and all I could hear was someone screaming for someone to help them (sounded like he was being murdered). I remember my throat feeling like sandpiper and wanting a gallon of water but they'd only let me have ice cubes for food/water for 3 days.    

The second day I was fine. I asked to be taken off all pain meds in the second day. I hate being dependent on anything and didn't want to get used to the drugs.

I remember some antibiotic that was heavy like cipro (anthrax treatment) felt like ice in my veins. I hated it (shudders).

So why'd you have to go in? Appendix?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a matching one    

So why'd you have to go in? Appendix?

Diverticulitus.  Infected pockets in my large intestine.  When they went in, they found some bad spots where the small Intestine was adhered to the large.   They ended up taking a foot+ of large out and two segments of small out.

I remember waking up in recovery and being just bone shakingly cold and telling the nurse how cold i was.  The operating room was freezing when I went in before surgery, and I was in there for 7 hours so my temp was probably pretty damn low.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More pics?

You should really know better than to call me normal, but thanks...  
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:23:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More pics?

weirdo

Unless you're a doctor or a cop or something, it's not that useful. If you're an accountant... you're just a weirdo.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:28:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Unless you're a doctor or a cop or something, it's not that useful. If you're an accountant... you're just a weirdo.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:33:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It's appalling the Lengths that Liberals will go to so that they don't have to use Antibiotics.
View Quote

When I had my first attack, I ended up in the ER with stabbing pain  in my abdomen with a 103 temp and was admitted to the hospital for 4 days of IV antibiotics and saline.  Nothing by mouth and no nutrition via IV.  This was to let the colon rest and heal.

I then went home for a few weeks and recuperated and ate very little and took more antibiotics orally and pain meds.  I then had a consult appt with my surgeon and since I was not getting any better, he checked me into the hospital that day for another 3 days of club starve-my-ass with more antibiotics.  2 weeks later after getting out of the 2nd hospital visit, I was still no better and we discussed surgery.  I had the surgery the next Thursday less than a week later.

I got blasted with more antibiotics than you can imagine.  I also developed an allergic reaction to cipro and flagel.  After the first ER visit and 4 day starvation, they switched me to oral cipro and flagel and I immediately got itchy hives from my ears down to my waste.  It came on within hours...
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More pics?

weirdo

I'm the person who cleans stuff you don't want to.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top