Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/22/2015 8:48:45 PM EDT
a big box store, wont name any names but they are big.

remington thunderbotz brick, last week $25.99, this week $28.99, today $33.99.

most .22lr ammo across the board was up big around 20%.

just when you thought it couldnt get any worse...
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#1]
They have gone down locally. I still just randomly grab em when I get in stock emails for $0.05 or so.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

was this cabelas? I was there today and noticed the same exact shit.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:52:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw bricks of Thunderbolts on their site for that price, and refrained from ordering. If that is the going price from now on, I will reconsider what my kids shoot.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw bricks of Thunderbolts on their site for that price, and refrained from ordering. If that is the going price from now on, I will reconsider what my kids shoot.

I was there 2 weeks ago and they had the same bricks for $25. Hopefully they reduce the price back to $25.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Just give up on the 22's guys you got 22 on steroid rifles.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

They have gone down locally. I still just randomly grab em when I get in stock emails for $0.05 or so.
View Quote
Same here.  Starting to believe the ".22lr prices are skyrocketing" threads are created by people who were hoping to profit but aren't finding buyers.  I've picked up 3000+ rds in the past couple months with .05 to .06 being normal.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#7]
A local store had a MD sale on Rem TB @ 23$/525bx. Limit one.  I bought the  CCI AR Tactical  instead, 300rds@19$.  I just don't trust Rem 22lr.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Rejoice! Higher prices will solve the availability problem!

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:02:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

They did have a good amount in stock at my cabelas lol

I have around 1k sitting at home that I never touch, so I never buy any unless its a really good deal.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

ahhh, there is no availability problem. you can buy all you want for the right price.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#11]
This subject really gets me mad. Think about it. the 22 rimfire has been around since the 1850s. There are more guns chambered for it then most any other caliber. It has a long track record of being in demand. It the most often shot caliber for just plain fun. So now we have a 2 year TOTALLY UNEXPLAINED shortage of the stuff. Brass is not the problem neither is lead. Powder is not in a critical shortage. This is killing the shooting industries future. Kids cant shoot! No one want to blow through a couple of non replaceable bricks. 22 Gun sales are way off. After nearly two years this should have worked itself out. I do not buy any of the excuses I have read. It is about 8 dollars for a box of fifty here. How is this making anyone money when so little is being sold and it is killing other parts of the business. The money would be in selling it by the truckload again maybe at a reasonable increase over pre shortage prices but no where it is today. I am starting to believe the tinfoil hat stuff as far as this subject goes as no other explanation seems to make sense. It is really hurting the local shops as far a sales go. In maryland where I am, between the new handgun and assault rifle laws and the 22 shortage small shops are dropping like flies. This seems to be what the antis want and the gun industry is playing right along as far as the 22 ammo goes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#12]
But what about their "prises"?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:05:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I just don't trust Rem 22lr.

Me neither. Every time I have a misfire it seems to be a Remington one.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#14]
That's why I reload.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, so many better choices then Rem .22
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Was at Academy yesterday getting a scope mounted on my new rifle.

They had 5 boxes of CCI minimag. Forgot the price.

They also had a bunch of 50 round boxes for 3 to 5 a piece and 3 bulk boxes of Remington golden bullets for $22.

I did not FO
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:08:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Almost makes a person think a certain group in power doesn't want kids to learn to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Just a part of my stash. 10,000 rounds in a sealed tin. The boxes pictured are from an identical tin that opened. It shoots real good, mush better the the current stuff.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:23:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Capitalism and the people the falsely control its outcome ............  we used to have a government that would of forced the gas to be less than a buck a gallon  and no reason why  .22 cant be  1 cent a round ......  there is profit and there is theft

Quoted:
This subject really gets me mad. Think about it. the 22 rimfire has been around since the 1850s. There are more guns chambered for it then most any other caliber. It has a long track record of being in demand. It the most often shot caliber for just plain fun. So now we have a 2 year TOTALLY UNEXPLAINED shortage of the stuff. Brass is not the problem neither is lead. Powder is not in a critical shortage. This is killing the shooting industries future. Kids cant shoot! No one want to blow through a couple of non replaceable bricks. 22 Gun sales are way off. After nearly two years this should have worked itself out. I do not buy any of the excuses I have read. It is about 8 dollars for a box of fifty here. How is this making anyone money when so little is being sold and it is killing other parts of the business. The money would be in selling it by the truckload again maybe at a reasonable increase over pre shortage prices but no where it is today. I am starting to believe the tinfoil hat stuff as far as this subject goes as no other explanation seems to make sense. It is really hurting the local shops as far a sales go. In maryland where I am, between the new handgun and assault rifle laws and the 22 shortage small shops are dropping like flies. This seems to be what the antis want and the gun industry is playing right along as far as the 22 ammo goes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Capitalism and the people the falsely control its outcome ............  we used to have a government that would of forced the gas to be less than a buck a gallon  and no reason why  .22 cant be  1 cent a round ......  there is profit and there is theft

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're advocating price controls for .22?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#21]
I paid $42 otd for cci standard. I needed it for competition and it worked out very well with my score rivaling those with wolf mt. No complaints because I bought 5 bricks . I'll buy more when funds permit.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

In the past 30 days, I've seen .22LR available for the first time since Sandy Hook.  So even though it's twice the price it was pre-SH, I'll say the 2x the price is better than zero availability.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Please tell me you're trolling...
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:30:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is due to a gun banner in the white house.  Its completely explained.  It might be irrational at this point, but thats what precipitated all this.  Elections have consequences.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#25]
It's regularly been 0.05 cpr for Federal Automatch and 0.06 cpr for CCI Standard and CCI Quiet around here. 0.07 cpr for CCI MiniMags.

Of course, there are the usual suspects on Armslist and such locally but they don't seem to be selling any at their asking prices
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Got four Remington Golden 525 bricks for $21.95 each at local Wally World.  They had about 12-15 bricks and it took two days to sell it all.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#27]
I picked up 300 rounds of CCI mini mags today at Walmart for for $23 and change. They had it under the counter and the young guy who works the counter told me that he had some and then produced it. I always stop and talk to the guy and today it payed off.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just a part of my stash. 10,000 rounds in a sealed tin. The boxes pictured are from an identical tin that opened. It shoots real good, mush better the the current stuff.

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/2/2/4/6/0/webimg/835602338_o.jpg

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/2/2/4/6/0/webimg/835602340_o.jpg

http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/0/2/2/4/6/0/webimg/835602343_o.jpg
View Quote

That's some hardcore shit right there.  It's lubricated with LEAD!  
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Advocating any price control is the thought process of a fucking moron.  Period.

Read a fucking econ book for Pete's sake.

Txl
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:05:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

you have no ide what you're talking about.

If I was your employer I would cut your pay in half and tell you "there is profit and there is theft".

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

We need price supports for rimfire ammo
It's like milk for my 10/22 & hi cap mags
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:09:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:08:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What
in
the
actual
fuck?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:12:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Spot on.  Decreased demand means greater availability.  So what if the merchant can't sell their wares?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:37:33 AM EDT
[#35]
I bought a 1400 round bucket of bullets in the Cabelas in Hamburg PA for a semi-decent price

a couple were sitting unsold

the price worked out to around $28 / 500

an encouraging sign
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:41:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Almost makes a person think a certain group in power doesn't want kids to learn to shoot.
View Quote

I am going with this, very insightful............
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 4:01:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Paid a hair under $33 last week for a brick of Rem.  22LR just last week.  There was only one brick on the shelf.

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:16:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Hopefully this will put the neck beards out of business.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:23:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Why not name names?
Are you afraid the .22 price police will hunt you down?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:34:31 AM EDT
[#40]
I stopped in the local Dick's Sporting Goods to look at some stuff so I could order the same thing online for about 35% less.  Checked on the 22 ammo and they can CCI boxes of 100 for $10.  I passed.  One time I found something in Dick's that was worth buying.  An after the season hunting jacket on sale.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 6:51:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Marking it up so it can be put on sale for Memorial day.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:01:23 AM EDT
[#42]
I am more and more comfortable with passing on 22. I can be a bit pickier now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:05:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Prices still sky high here (.09-.10 per round). Mainly due to the only places that have it in stock is neckbeards on facebook.

I wish I was unemployed so I could keep he walmart ammo cabinet fogged up.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#44]
I have a Cabelas, Gander Mtn., Academy Sports, Dick's and five Walmarts all within 20 minutes of me. It isn't that hard to find around here if you look and know the delivery schedules. It was actually fun there for a little while, trying to see when I could come across .22 ammo. I have enough set back now to never pay more than $7 per hundred and that is for Mini Mags. Pretty much all I stock these days.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, you are likely to experience a few duds with Remington 22 ammo, so what.  If you shoot enough of CCI a dud will happen from time to time.  

22lr ammo snobs make me laugh, kinda like the steel case ammo types.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:43:09 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm glad companies have decided to cut the middle man neck beard out
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:58:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Air rifles for practice, ceterfire for keeps. Fuck .22. We have a couple thousand rounds and can get more anytime, but what a bunch of shit. If retailers think I'll pay inflated prices because of stupid people they have another thing coming.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:59:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm glad companies have decided to cut the middle man neck beard out
View Quote

oh, me, oh, my, went to the big box store this this AM looking for 22 ammo and what did i see?

a greasy old neck beard carrying a bucket-o- bullitz that got there before me.

FNB's!

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:20:50 AM EDT
[#49]
There is a local auction house that runs online auctions. One of the items is 122rounds of CCI .22s. For that 122 rounds the bid is at $30.00 $25. Oops. The next bid is $30.00. The current bid is $25.00..
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Supply and Demand.    If it is selling out at $25.99, they would be stupid not to raise the price.   Don't like it?

Stop Buying.

Seriously.   All of you:  Stop Fucking Buying!  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top