Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2015 9:36:17 PM EDT
I'd have shit my drawers

One man hunting in Wetzel County quickly became the hunted.
The 7News viewer who sent us this cellphone footage says he was turkey hunting near Wileyville when he spotted a bobcat crouching nearby.

In the video the bobcat slowly begins to approach. Then suddenly leaps forward, flying past the hunter.

His reaction says it all.

Video at link.

link
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Possum u scary!
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:42:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Was expecting adrenaline dump bitch scream, disappoint. Why no 3.5" turkey load to the face either?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]
The one where the black bear climbs the tree to sniff the bow hunter is skeeriest
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:04:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah.. once I see that head drop and the cat get low, plan B goes into full effect.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:11:04 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a bobcat.  Stand up and it'll be gone faster than you can blink.  

Coolest bobcat encounter I ever had was watching two juveniles sun themselves and mouse in a small field 10 yards from my treestand while out deer hunting with my flintlock.  Made me really wish I had a good camera.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:14:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool video, my GoPro will always be with me in the woods.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I walk up on bobcats quite often hiking in the hills around here.  If they're just sunning or dozing they hightail it asap.  But if they're on the hunt they remain on the hunt.  Focused, I'd have to get pretty aggressive to break their concentration.  I've been within 20' of a hunting cat.  He didn't give a fuck, there was a squirrel to kill.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Not a bobcat story, but....

I had a big owl stare at me at eye level for twenty mins. I was in another tree sitting in a deer stand one early morn

Finally it took of and headed straight toward me. Got within a couple feet then turned and flew away

Thing I came away from the experience was just how quiet an owl can actually be. Only felt the wind from its wings. More like a gentle wind concussion
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#9]
First one I ever shot, 28 years ago, was 5 inches from the end of my rifle barrel.  I guess the skunk screen I sprinkled on my boots was more interesting than my JS tape caller down the hill.  I still have its fur and skull on my shelf.

Eric  
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:30:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool video.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Cool video.  I shot one this past November that gave me that "You look tasty" look at about 5 yards.  Should be getting her back from the taxidermist any day now.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Good video, several friends have killed yotes that were sneaking in on their turkey calls.

About 15 years ago, I watched a young bobcat get busted twice trying to sneak in on some squirrels. Both times he walked away as if saying "just kidding". Both times he snuck in from different directions. I guess he was hungry.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:43:10 PM EDT
[#13]
When I was 4 or 5 years old I walked in on a pair inside one of my grandfathers chicken coops.
They were gone in a blink of an eye out the hole the wall .... I watched them bounding threw the tall grass all the way to the main road .... one of the coolest thing iv ever seen
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#14]
The video was cool to me because bobcats are just now making a comeback around here. I turn 53 in about 30 minutes and can remember when there were no turkeys or coyotes in the area and now they are everywhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top