Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2015 9:16:13 PM EDT
http://pages.ebay.com/ebaypaypalupdates/

I hope it will just as easy to get a refund as a buyer after they separate.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate them both.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:20:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hate them both.
View Quote

first post
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I talked to a person who had connections with Ebay-Paypal. He said that Paypal wanted to get in on the firearms business but was held back by Ebay's stupid policies. I rate him as about 75% reliable, so it maybe interesting to see if Paypal eases off of their restrictions.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I talked to a person who had connections with Ebay-Paypal. He said that Paypal wanted to get in on the firearms business but was held back by Ebay's stupid policies. I rate him as about 75% reliable, so it maybe interesting to see if Paypal eases off of their restrictions.
View Quote

They were separate for the longest time already. I don't think they allowed firearms transactions back then, did they?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#5]
paypal is ebay. when did they become separate companies?  When they got so big Im guessing
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:23:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
They were separate for the longest time already. I don't think they allowed firearms transactions back then, did they?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That I can't answer.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep that is what is being said on the Seller Central forum on eBay.

Also it seems a good bit (more I suspect) of the reason for the break-up are the amount of CC charge-backs PP is having to foot the bill for that's tied to eBay's BS policy of almost always siding with the buyer..
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Also it seems a good bit (more I suspect) of the reason for the break-up are the amount of CC charge-backs PP is having to foot the bill for that's tied to eBay's BS policy of almost always siding with the buyer..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd have to think that would be the case. It's bullshit how they handle stuff like that.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#9]
PayPal has been anti gun since always.

PalPal was started by Elon Musk
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Isn't alibaba bigger than both of them combined?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ebay used to allow firearms sales. The first thing I bought on ebay was a shotgun.

I can't remember what type of payment I used. Too long ago.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#12]
It says they are separating but nothing will change. So everything will still be the same. I don't get why they are separating then?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#13]
This was the direct work of Carl Ichan (activist investor). He originally pitched the idea of separating the two companies about 2 years ago for the purpose of "returning shareholder value". Ebay was initially very much opposed to the idea saying that they were deeply intertwined and the parts were greater than the whole. After a few more board seats changed hands however, priorities changed.

I like Ebay and paypal for what they are, but hate their liberal douchbaggery.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:07:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:24:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It says they are separating but nothing will change. So everything will still be the same. I don't get why they are separating then?
View Quote

Probably for accounting and tax purposes
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:48:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My guess is that they will now be able to charge yet another fee for using a "third party" payment method.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:57:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

How big a picture of bullshit can you draw?

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:07:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

http://pages.ebay.com/ebaypaypalupdates/

I hope it will just as easy to get a refund as a buyer after they separate.
View Quote

Before they joined, I remember being screwed over by a seller because he cleared out his PayPal account before PayPal could issue a refund.

He got kicked off eBay for not shipping out the items he sold, but PayPal told me to pound sand.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:09:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Are you still forced to pay for ebay auctions with paypal?
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:15:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Are you still forced to pay for ebay auctions with paypal?
View Quote

Yes and you can't leave negative feedback for a buyer, it's pretty much seller ass fucking 24/7.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:19:06 AM EDT
[#22]
I cannot checkout on ebay with stuff in my cart. It's really fucking pissing me off. It goes to Paypal and prompts me to "Pay Aftger Delivery after 14 days" so I select change method and it errors out. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:19:27 AM EDT
[#23]
I sell buy and sell thousands of dollars of items on Ebay every year and never have had a problem.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 12:23:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are the numbers fake or something?

I was quite shocked to discover how large Alibaba really was last year.  Was it all hype to debut the IPO?
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I was quite shocked to discover how large Alibaba really was last year.  Was it all hype to debut the IPO?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck knows.

When you're selling mysterious, possibly counterfeit, possibly stolen, likely damaged, grey market shit from the ass end of the universe with no return address--you can say you're as big as you want.

Who doesn't want a "Cannone camera" with "deployable lense for maximum fruit picture?"
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

first post
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hate them both.

first post

FPNI AGAIN!!!

eGay suspended my account for 6 months because I sold a Ruger factory folding STOCK (NO gun...JUST STOCK) I referred them to several similar auctions and they told me to fuck-off; they weren't talking about the other auctions they were talking about MINE.

THEN, they acted all sanctimonious when they told me 6 months later that my account had been suspended for the last 6 months (...like I would have noticed if they hadn't told me) and offered to re-activate my account if I had learned my lesson.

eGay can choke on a burlap sack full of severed green, rotting DICKS!

I've got the emails and screen-grabs to prove it. I've posted this here many times before.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Easing off their restrictions will not gain the trust of firearms owners.

I don't think anyone but the stupidest of people would use ebay or paypal.  Or people who actually enjoy having their dick stomped on.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#29]
lots of derp here..

As for Firearms, nothing will change due to the fact that they are owned by Carl Icahn (who is a billionaire liberal activist)

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

FPNI AGAIN!!!

eGay suspended my account for 6 months because I sold a Ruger factory folding STOCK (NO gun...JUST STOCK) I referred them to several similar auctions and they told me to fuck-off; they weren't talking about the other auctions they were talking about MINE.

THEN, they acted all sanctimonious when they told me 6 months later that my account had been suspended for the last 6 months (...like I would have noticed if they hadn't told me) and offered to re-activate my account if I had learned my lesson.

I've got the emails and screen-grabs to prove it. I've posted this here many times before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hate them both.

first post

FPNI AGAIN!!!

So, you broke their terms of service and your only defense was "but, they did it too!" AND you're *still* butthurt about it all this time later?

You need a hobby.

Here's a tip, don't break the rules of the place you're doing business and they won't boot you.

It's not like it's a fucking secret what their policies on gun parts are.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

PayPal has been anti gun since always.

PalPal was started by Elon Musk
View Quote
No it wasn't

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confinity

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So, you broke their terms of service and your only defense was "but, they did it too!" AND you're *still* butthurt about it all this time later?
You need a hobby.
Here's a tip, don't break the rules of the place you're doing business and they won't boot you.
It's not like it's a fucking secret what their policies on gun parts are.
View Quote

oh, you mean we're supposed to read all that stuff instead of just scroll down and click the "accept" button?

but, like, it's A LOT..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top