Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 235
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He showed up at Gainesville close to 190. The beginning of his RS freshman year, when the season started, he weighed 200. He gained around ~25 pounds since enrolling at gainesville. This has been reported and tracked, had you spent 2 seconds on google. The seminole talking points, which I'm not surprised you're parroting, is his weight Jr. Year in highschool. His dad has been tweeting his weight since before he officially signed. Likewise, gatorzone and other official sites have been listing all player weights since they entered.  This info has been out there, for every gator player... For literally years. Yeah... ~25 pounds over ~1.5 years is totally unbelievable.

To fit in with Seminole standards though, he should have been beating and raping women
. I'm sure you would prefer that. Actually, you would have considered him a hero then.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So while I was at the gym tonight I was talking to our head trainer (former NCAA football player). We talked about the FU quarter back situation. The more thought I give it the more I hope the NCAA comes down hard on the kid and the school.

43lbs of lean muscle in 1 year.

Sorry, that is complete and utter bullshit that it was OTC supplements. Go sell that bullshit to someone who doesn't understand how the body works and who isn't a high level trainer/lifter/athlete (according to my friend 5-10 lbs in a year with hard work is doable but also impressive as it takes a lot of hard work and dedication)

43lbs of pure fat in one year is impressive. But muscle?  Fucking impossible without stacking steroids. Stacking....as in cycles of testosterone with Dianabol and then cycles of testosterone and HGH and then more and more and more.

43lbs.  1 year.

Bull-fcuking-shit it was OTC supplements. And anyone "standing behind" him is full of shit and should know better.

Personally, I think the program should disavowe him in hopes the NCAA spares them and doesn't take any wins away. Then again, this might have been under the psudeo-supervision of a trainer.
43lbs.

He showed up at Gainesville close to 190. The beginning of his RS freshman year, when the season started, he weighed 200. He gained around ~25 pounds since enrolling at gainesville. This has been reported and tracked, had you spent 2 seconds on google. The seminole talking points, which I'm not surprised you're parroting, is his weight Jr. Year in highschool. His dad has been tweeting his weight since before he officially signed. Likewise, gatorzone and other official sites have been listing all player weights since they entered.  This info has been out there, for every gator player... For literally years. Yeah... ~25 pounds over ~1.5 years is totally unbelievable.

To fit in with Seminole standards though, he should have been beating and raping women
. I'm sure you would prefer that. Actually, you would have considered him a hero then.

Lol

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Nothing Florida has going on will be able to distract you from the whoopin' coming you way by a 2-3 UofL team.  Let it go.

What's your prediction for Saturday's game?  I like Louisville's chances to cover getting 7 points, if not win outright.  I haven't been overly impressed by FSU....yet.   That may change Saturday @ noon if we can't bottle up Cook.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Forget all the numbers. There were two tests. The NCAA suspended him for a year. Something was there.

Were the tests blood or urine?  LH and FSH can still be looked at in urine samples.

I'm guessing they looked and found those levels to be almost zero.

However, I'll tell you what.....ill cease from any further comment until actual facts are released.

Nothing Florida has going on will be able to distract you from the whoopin' coming you way by a 2-3 UofL team.  Let it go.

What's your prediction for Saturday's game?  I like Louisville's chances to cover getting 7 points, if not win outright.  I haven't been overly impressed by FSU....yet.   That may change Saturday @ noon if we can't bottle up Cook.

I realize this would be a lot to ask for someone who is a fan of another team and doesn't follow FSU closely, but have you noticed the brilliant job Jimbo has done with Evertt Golson?  

He is slowly taking him through the progression of the playbook and keeping him in a comfort zone and not asking too much.  Each week he is opening up more of the playbook and various attacks. Golson improves each week and co pared to his play at ND is vastly improved.

For those that follow FSU closely they can tell you the playbook and offensive scheme is a traditional NFL style and very robust. It's a lot to ask any QB no matter how talented to come and learn it in two months and be proficient. Especially a QB that in my opinion was extremely UNDERcoached at his last school. Brian Kelly is not a QB coach.

As far as the game....it depends on how healthy Cook is. A healthy Cook takes a lot of pressure of Golson to perform by himself. Our receiving core needs to step up. If that happens we can score big.

defensive injuries are the main issues however. In the end....yes, we'll cover the spread.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I'm sure you would prefer that. Actually, you would have considered him a hero then.
View Quote

You read any FU headlines lately?
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I realize this would be a lot to ask for someone who is a fan of another team and doesn't follow FSU closely, but have you noticed the brilliant job Jimbo has done with Evertt Golson?  

He is slowly taking him through the progression of the playbook and keeping him in a comfort zone and not asking too much.  Each week he is opening up more of the playbook and various attacks. Golson improves each week and co pared to his play at ND is vastly improved.

For those that follow FSU closely they can tell you the playbook and offensive scheme is a traditional NFL style and very robust. It's a lot to ask any QB no matter how talented to come and learn it in two months and be proficient. Especially a QB that in my opinion was extremely UNDERcoached at his last school. Brian Kelly is not a QB coach.

As far as the game....it depends on how healthy Cook is. A healthy Cook takes a lot of pressure of Golson to perform by himself. Our receiving core needs to step up. If that happens we can score big.

defensive injuries are the main issues however. In the end....yes, we'll cover the spread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Forget all the numbers. There were two tests. The NCAA suspended him for a year. Something was there.

Were the tests blood or urine?  LH and FSH can still be looked at in urine samples.

However, I'll tell you what.....ill cease from any further comment until actual facts are released.

Golson is on pace to throw for 2200 yards and 16 TD.  They haven't asked him to do much at FSU yet. To say he was UNDERcoached last year is absurd. He should have been benched at ND for the last 5 games of the season the way he took care of the ball. I understand you think you got some gem that managed to get away from ND, but i would wait till he actually does something other than being serviceable before we claim Jimbo is a genius.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That team in Columbus has to play Penn State this weekend, after they struggled with Indiana. PSU beat Indiana 29-7 last week.
View Quote

Penn State has a good defense and should be able to keep that game close
Penn St +17 is a pretty solid bet

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#6]
No, he's not a "gem". That's my point.

How many of the QB's under Jimbo have gone in the NFL draft?  How many in the first round?

All of them

How many are "great"?  

At most..1, and that is still yet to be seen.

That speaks volumes as to Jimbos coaching talent.

Jimbo is,coaching Evertt at a level Kelly isn't capable of.

How many turnovers does EG have?   Zero.

He was well over 20 at this point last year.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 3:39:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How many of the QB's under Jimbo have gone in the NFL draft?  How many in the first round?

All of them

How many are "great"?  

View Quote

Through the first 6 games last year he threw 16tds and 4 ints plus a bunch more yards than he has this year. He melted down after the FSU loss and turned into a TO machine. I'm not saying he can't be serviceable to good, just don't have hopes of him taking over games.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Through the first 6 games last year he threw 16tds and 4 ints plus a bunch more yards than he has this year. He melted down after the FSU loss and turned into a TO machine. I'm not saying he can't be serviceable to good, just don't have hopes of him taking over games.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of them

How many are "great"?  

He is a 1-year stop gap. Albeit a stop gap that has played in a NC and capable of winning us games with his arm and if needed, his feet.

We have a QB in the pipeline that has potential for greatness and a commit for next year that is the top rated QB recruit.

Golson is there to fill a hole.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Honestly I don't even know who I would consider my favorite. I like Herbstreit but don't care for Fowler and Mussberger was even worse/creepier. Same with the Thursday guys, I've always liked Palmer but don't care for Pollack.

It's just a shame with Verne/Gary though because they usually do the premier SEC game of the week, which is usually a great game, but you have to suffer through those two to watch. I guess there's mute but then you lose the crowd noise and what not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
NO. 10 ALABAMA AT NO. 9 TEXAS A&M (OCT. 17, 3:30 P.M. ET ON CBS)
Play-by-play: Verne Lundqvist
Color commentator: Gary Danielson
Sideline reporter: Allie LaForce

Enjoy the broadcast.

How do you SEC guys generally view ol' Verne and Gary. I personally find them almost impossible to listen to. Especially Verne.

They're not the worst, but they are terrible.  

I was always fond of Ron Franklin and Mike Gottfried on Saturday night games.

Honestly I don't even know who I would consider my favorite. I like Herbstreit but don't care for Fowler and Mussberger was even worse/creepier. Same with the Thursday guys, I've always liked Palmer but don't care for Pollack.

It's just a shame with Verne/Gary though because they usually do the premier SEC game of the week, which is usually a great game, but you have to suffer through those two to watch. I guess there's mute but then you lose the crowd noise and what not.

I feel exactly the same about the two crews you mentioned.  Pollack isn't bad but it seems like he looks for ways to get small digs in at other SEC teams except UGA.  I've never noticed The Bachelor being a homer and I don't fucking like Florida one bit.  

Musberger had the child molesting uncle feel to him long before he broadcast raped Katherine Webb and Fowler I could take or leave.  I like Rece Davis even if he is a fucking bammer and even like what I've seen from Greg McElroy as an analyst.  

Ron Franklin's voice just seemed to personify college football for me.  He is right in the middle of my dad and grandfathers' ages so all three say (or said, in my grandfather's case) similar things, I never felt like he was biased when announcing games, and it seemed like he really brought the game into your house thru the TV.  I didn't even know he went to Ole Miss until I read his Wikipedia article one time, so he concealed any bias for those few hours every Saturday.  Now I watch the games and I just feel like I am watching TV sometimes.

Gary was particularly annoying this past Saturday continually referring to Tennessee being down 7, 14, then 21 points as a good thing because now UT wouldn't be in a position to have to give away a lead at the end of the game.  I know Tennessee came back and won but being down by 3 TDs is never a good situation.  And I don't give a shit if he broadcasted the Kick 6 game and made that memorable, improbable call because I'll always think of Verne as him in his role in Happy Gilmore.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 4:22:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure you would prefer that. Actually, you would have considered him a hero then.

Lingering effects of Urban Meyer. ...

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy the broadcast.

How do you SEC guys generally view ol' Verne and Gary. I personally find them almost impossible to listen to. Especially Verne.

They're not the worst, but they are terrible.  

I was always fond of Ron Franklin and Mike Gottfried on Saturday night games.

I miss Doc Walker.  

THAT YOUNG FELLA IS A CYBORG!

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The only reason Meyer is in this conversation... is because he officially offered this morning.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have noticed that Golson is looking better and handling the ball better this year, but I'd also give a lot of that credit to the run game and defense not leaving him to win the game for you.  Plus your kicker isn't the choke artist the ND kicker was last year.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#14]
CBS needs to hire the exHBC to replace ol'Verne.  

Out of the other guys, I think I prefer Palmer over most of them.  Other than his annoying voice, Mack does a pretty good job as of late...way better than last year.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2579146-steve-spurrier-to-appear-on-espn-college-gameday-this-saturday

Even better if this could become permanent.

Imagine Spurrier telling what he thinks before The Ironbowl.  lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Out of the other guys, I think I prefer Palmer over most of them.  Other than his annoying voice, Mack does a pretty good job as of late...way better than last year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2579146-steve-spurrier-to-appear-on-espn-college-gameday-this-saturday

ESPN is well known as a "straight as an arrow" organization that doesn't like to let their employees goof off much on tv. I don't know if they'll let him be as he should.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:31:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I have noticed that Golson is looking better and handling the ball better this year, but I'd also give a lot of that credit to the run game and defense not leaving him to win the game for you.  Plus your kicker isn't the choke artist the ND kicker was last year.
View Quote

That's they key. Jimbo has slowly put more on his shoulders each week, hell,  each progressive half really. The first game he didn't have EG do anything other than hand the ball off.

Each quarter he seems to offer up more complex schemes and if things get tight he'll open back up with the run.

Someone with average talent and a shit load of confidence can beat a natural all-star talent with no confidence almost every time.

In other news, Cook hasn't really practiced yet this week....... Not a good sign.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 7:03:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mack surprised me. I liked the commentary. I thought it was insightful and relevant.

I like Palmer too even though he has zero sense of humor (stayed at the same hotel in Pitt for the FSU season opener...saw him coming out of the hotel and gave him the chop and said "Hey Jesse, GO NOLES!"  He walked off with s scowl.)

Pollock isn't bad either. He can let a bias show now and then.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

ESPN is well known as a "straight as an arrow" organization that doesn't like to let their employees goof off much on tv. I don't know if they'll let him be as he should.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 2:28:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Current odds to win the SEC for those interested in that sort of thing:

Alabama +275

Florida +280

Ole Miss +325

LSU +325

Texas A&M +500

Georgia +750

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Alabama +275

Florida +280

Ole Miss +325

LSU +325

Texas A&M +500

Georgia +750

View Quote

How the heck is Florida +280 when they just lost their QB?
Those numbers will all be different come Saturday night.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 8:20:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 8:28:36 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Won't have to

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Enjoy the broadcast.

Won't have to

Nor will I.

I am actually really excited to go to the College of Agriculture and Life Science Tailgate before the game.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 8:32:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Dam West Coast teams and their late starts
I would think they would start earlier to pick up viewership in the East
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 9:54:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alabama +275

Florida +280

Ole Miss +325

LSU +325

Texas A&M +500

Georgia +750

Losing  Grier doesn't matter as much as some people might think.  The odds on them winning the NC didn't drop at all after news broke.

As for the SEC Championship: Florida has no real competition in the East and is almost guaranteed to make it to the SEC Championship game.

Alabama, Ole Miss, LSU, and Texas A&M are all in the West and with the exception of Ole Miss already beating Bama they all still have to play each other.

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Ugh, have to work this Saturday, I absolutely hate missing gameday.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 2:10:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Whoa...Colin Cowherd's new simulcast "cohost" ...smooth move, sir.

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Nor will I.

I am actually really excited to go to the College of Agriculture and Life Science Tailgate before the game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy the broadcast.

Won't have to

Nor will I.

I'll be in town, but other family members are using our tickets so I'll be watching the broadcast still.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Ugh, have to work this Saturday, I absolutely hate missing gameday.
View Quote
Same. I hate 11am kickoffs.

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alabama +275

Florida +280

Ole Miss +325

LSU +325

Texas A&M +500

Georgia +750

I saw last night one of the CFL guys said florida was his #1 team. I'll admit they have looked better than I thought they would but the amount of love they are getting is a bit of a head scratcher. Some of these crazy leaps in the polls this year have been pretty questionable in my mind.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#33]

That's a pretty good batch of Thursday games for tonight.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Saw K-State managed to schedule Stanford home/home 2016-2020ish yesterday. [sigh]
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#35]
poor magic

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 2:36:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I like rivalry smack talk. I like clowning the other team but vandalism, and not even the same sport is off limits and stupid.

That said.....yes, UoM will beat State this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I saw last night one of the CFL guys said florida was his #1 team. I'll admit they have looked better than I thought they would but the amount of love they are getting is a bit of a head scratcher. Some of these crazy leaps in the polls this year have been pretty questionable in my mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alabama +275

Florida +280

Ole Miss +325

LSU +325

Texas A&M +500

Georgia +750

I agree they have looked good so far. I'm struggling with them losing their QB and the perception they're not supposed to miss a beat. Are they the second coming of 2014 Ohio State with a backup that's going to step on the field and there not be a letdown in offensive production?

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I agree they have looked good so far. I'm struggling with them losing their QB and the perception they're not supposed to miss a beat. Are they the second coming of 2014 Ohio State with a backup that's going to step on the field and there not be a letdown in offensive production?

View Quote

I understand I have a bias. Admitting that, I still think they are going to crash and burn this year. Not in the spectacular fashion from the last two years, but they will still fall apart here soon.  However, they should at least have a "winning" season.

Also, I have a feeling that the current coaching staff is approaching the needed correction to the program as a "by any means necessary".  This may work short term, but can have dire consequences down the road.

That last part is only a "feeling" based on the last couple incidents and the way the program/school reacted.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 3:51:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Hello....is it me you're looking for?

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 5:17:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I like rivalry smack talk. I like clowning the other team but vandalism, and not even the same sport is off limits and stupid.

View Quote

I agree 100% on both accounts.

Would have been much better to release a wolverine into the Spartan's locker room.

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#41]

who dat?

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Would have been much better to release a wolverine into the Spartan's locker room.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/9d/a9/36/9da93668a4047c1bd00b449547d6a086.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/9d/a9/36/9da93668a4047c1bd00b449547d6a086.jpg

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 5:27:35 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

who dat?

View All Quotes
Kristine Leahy

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 5:50:50 PM EDT
[#44]

Reminds me of when Tech fans painted E King Gill black and red after A&M beat them in 1994, my freshman year. I was pissed.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#45]
No Cutty Sark jokes this week?

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Neither UK or Auburn look very good

Link Posted: 10/15/2015 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#47]
That was a catch. Should be overturned

Edit: good replay overturn.

And UK starting to look better
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Auburn's special teams...

and I thought the Gators needed work...
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Auburn's special teams are great this year.  One of the best field goal kickers in college ball, great return yard average, every kickoff out of the endzone, and a punter who just happened to shank one a few minutes ago.  Whatyatalkinboutwillis?
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 9:48:45 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote

STs is the least of our worries...

Page / 235
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top