Site Notices
Page / 19
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 7:13:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wholly shit, you guys weren't kidding about wanting more coins! They sold out within 24 hr.

Ok, I shipped out some coins today, but the bulk of these aren't going to ship for a few weeks as I'm waiting for rest of the coins to get here and for the air-tights. Everything is paid for and proceeding. Just processing all the orders and printing out the labels is going to take me some time. When I get this 400 something all processed/shipped I will release more coins (80-100). Anyone who doesn't want to wait, just send me a e-mail and I'll issue a refund.

As far as redesigns, that's up to someone else. The dies where I think $800+ (it's been 3 years) and any use of the BFL would require you making some sort of arraignment with the Avalia's.... but go for it and put me down for 1 :-)
View Quote

Don't suppose you'd do some sort of waiting list?  I'd be in for one coin if it becomes available.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wholly shit, you guys weren't kidding about wanting more coins! They sold out within 24 hr.

Ok, I shipped out some coins today, but the bulk of these aren't going to ship for a few weeks as I'm waiting for rest of the coins to get here and for the air-tights. Everything is paid for and proceeding. Just processing all the orders and printing out the labels is going to take me some time. When I get this 400 something all processed/shipped I will release more coins (80-100). Anyone who doesn't want to wait, just send me a e-mail and I'll issue a refund.

As far as redesigns, that's up to someone else. The dies where I think $800+ (it's been 3 years) and any use of the BFL would require you making some sort of arraignment with the Avalia's.... but go for it and put me down for 1 :-)
View Quote

understand you not wanting to spearhead this again

but if somebody else does, that's what i'm waiting for, i'd be in as well
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

His site. His coins. His rules bro. lol... How is that fucked up?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
  Read garryowen's second post on page four. He's had them for a long time, which means his money was tied up for a long time. I bought one from him back when they were minted, and I don't think he ever sold out of that initial minting, until today.

That's fucked up. I went to his site specifically to buy those coins but they were listed OOS.

His site. His coins. His rules bro. lol... How is that fucked up?

I assumed the site was showing OOS when there was actually some for sale, ie. website error. After reading further I see that he put more up due to this thread.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ah so you were not sitting on 440 coins?

In for next batch
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Haha, you underestimate the gun community.  When something is in demand, it's wiped out in short order.  The gun, mag and ammo panics are good examples over the years.  I got 3.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, I missed out.

I just want one.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:13:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

WOW!

PLEASE NOTE:  Before the bitchin' starts about wait times, Garryowen is GTG and you WILL get your AWESOME 1oz (TROY) Ag BFL coins as promised/purchased.

I procured 3 this time to share or trade w/ friends and left a few on the table  -- THANKS again for another timely run!

B2

Beyond what has been said for the "good idea/re-designers" there's always a place but think about the capital investment in new dies that will likely be $5K+, think about packing/shipping ~300+ packages for us idjits that want it "now" on every run, etc.  (YEP, there is a demand and a price to pay... Pretty sure Garryowen nor the Avila's are getting super rich off this venture but do hope there are a few $ profit included for all!)

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:51:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I missed them?

Shit

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#10]
If anyone emails and cancels can I call dibs on them????  
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Those look great.  Sorry I missed out.  
If you decide to do another run, I would be in for 5.  Not a deal-breaker if I was only able to purchase less, but I would definitely buy at least 5 if they were available.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Am I understanding correctly: there are more coins that are going to be for sale?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 11:50:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Garry Owen mentioned the dies were $800, where would one get them made to spec?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

An excellent question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Garry Owen mentioned the dies were $800, where would one get them made to spec?

An excellent question.

I was looking at the Northwest Territorial Mint since they're local to me, but I don't have any information yet.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I would like a couple if and when they are available.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:09:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

yes, in a few weeks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I understanding correctly: there are more coins that are going to be for sale?

yes, in a few weeks

Sweet. If the price is comparable to the last ones I'm down for a couple.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:13:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

yes, in a few weeks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes, in a few weeks

That's great!  Is this the correct thread for notification when they come back in stock?  (Just wanna make sure I don't miss out again).  And thanks, Gary, for taking this project on.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Gary, if you want to make them available for back order I'll go ahead and put up the money now.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

yes, in a few weeks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes, in a few weeks

Hmm,,,,,,,
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Me too, like immediately.

Can't freeking believe I missed this.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gary, if you want to make them available for back order I'll go ahead and put up the money now.

Yup
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

WOW!

PLEASE NOTE:  Before the bitchin' starts about wait times, Garryowen is GTG and you WILL get your AWESOME 1oz (TROY) Ag BFL coins as promised/purchased.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WOW!

what he said, x1,000
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:58:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I am down for a few on the next batch!
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 4:29:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yup
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup

I would be down for this option as well.
So...like...take our money!
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Patiently waiting. I've wanted one of these coins for awhile and I'm just happy I got in on this run.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Patiently waiting. I've wanted one of these coins for awhile and I'm just happy I got in on this run.
View Quote

Same here. I'll pick up a few on the next run as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:09:08 PM EDT
[#30]
I got mine in last week and it looks great, definitely glad I got one.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Got a new job and missed all this

I will want 1 or more on the next run
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ok, had the mint add 100  coins to the run. so there will be another 150 coins for sale in the next week or so.
View Quote

Awesome.  Thanks Garry.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:24:04 AM EDT
[#34]
This should be tacked...
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:30:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Where to buy these coins?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:52:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Where to buy these coins?
View Quote

Sold out currently but there is a link a page back or so.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 2:15:25 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm wondering how much it'd take to get half ounce coins with just a BFL and the 2A on the back made? Would anyone be interested in a smaller coin?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 3:41:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm wondering how much it'd take to get half ounce coins with just a BFL and the 2A on the back made? Would anyone be interested in a smaller coin?
View Quote

The dies would be the huge cost, probably $600-1k alone, plus machine time and costs.  I can't imagine there would be a big cost saving on each coin, given that the current dies are paid off already.

Can they just stamp out a thinner round maybe?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The dies would be the huge cost, probably $600-1k alone, plus machine time and costs.  I can't imagine there would be a big cost saving on each coin, given that the current dies are paid off already.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A thinner round wouldn't be 1 Troy ounce, which it the desired size for a silver coin.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

A thinner round wouldn't be 1 Troy ounce, which it the desired size for a silver coin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  Was just responding to the half ounce coin comment that Jasoncar40 made.  Figure IF the dies could be used for that, it would be cheaper than new dies.

I prefer the 1oz ones though.  Just hoping I can nab one this time.  It'll give me a whole whopping 3oz of silver put up so far.  (Once I'm working again, I plan on hitting metals pretty hard though)
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hey guys, starting to get a lot of folks asking if their coins have shipped.

So far I have only shipped 14 coins (the ones I kept from the last run).

We're still waiting for the the mint to ship the coins. Looks are a couple weeks still. Anyone who wants a refund, just let me know and I'll issue one.

All orders will all be sent out US Mail and tracking/shipping confirmation will be e-mailed to you...
View Quote

I'm still amazed they went so fast.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

We're still waiting for the the mint to ship the coins. Looks are a couple weeks still. Anyone who wants a refund, just let me know and I'll issue one.

All orders will all be sent out US Mail and tracking/shipping confirmation will be e-mailed to you...
View Quote

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how many had shipped, as I didn't want these sitting in the mailbox for long.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how many had shipped, as I didn't want these sitting in the mailbox for long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^^ What he said Thank you for the update!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Dibs on three if someone cancels?

Seriously though, I have dibs.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Dibs on three if someone cancels?

Seriously though, I have dibs.
View Quote

Sorry look toward the top of the page...I already called dibs hahahaha
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#47]
I might be in... those things are pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 8:33:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Love mine.

My two shown here with some other rounds I've collected

Link Posted: 6/1/2015 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Ok, had the mint add 100  coins to the run. so there will be another 150 coins for sale in the next week or so.
View Quote

Definitely in for at least 2.  I was tracking the initial run, blinked, and they were gone.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#50]
I would like one.
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top