[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
+1

Not sure how many.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure why Grey would subject himself to the BS that was involved in the previous run. If he is feeling brave, I'd be in for another.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Gary, if you wanna sell the latest die, I'll buy it and recoup my costs in the next run.

If the die is say, $250...

$250(die est.) + $8080(silver cost) + $800(cost of mint est.) = $9130 / 500 = $18.26 per coin.

I'd charge $20 each and make $870 for my trouble. (less, because of shipping)

I'm sure my die and mint costs are retarded, but I'm just thinking this through.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:32:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gary, if you wanna sell the latest die, I'll buy it and recoup my costs in the next run.

$250(die est.) + $8080(silver cost) + $800(cost of mint est.) = $9130 / 500 = $18.26 per coin.

I'm sure my die and mint costs are retarded, but I'm just thinking this through.

View Quote

Why not just design your own? That way you can tweak it to your liking.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Sell the die to the boys and let them sell them through the store?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:38:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll bet an order for 500 would be prepaid in hours. I'd be in for at least 15 or 20. They look like fun
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#8]
In for at least a couple more.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't mind, but it'd be more like: someone here design one, and I'll send to the mint.

I'm a stick man artist.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Post the pic of the chick with the coins over her nipples and make it a contest in BOTD!

Sell out in a day.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:01:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I wouldn't mind, but it'd be more like: someone here design one, and I'll send to the mint.  

I'm a stick man artist.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a stick man artist.

Personally, I think the present design is near perfect.  Maybe it could be made a touch more elegant by removal of the text at the top of the 2A side, and let the BFL be the sole thing proclaiming it to this site, but it's damn nice, as is.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:05:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Silver is below production cost.  Buy now!
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd be in for a couple...willing to prepay if necessary.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#15]
If this kicks off I'm interested.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Didn't buy last time because of the ar15.com text. Ya I know, can't please all of the people all of the time. Stealth bfl would be awesome though and I would be in for 10 at $5 over current spot.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm in for a few myself.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I like the idea of making it a stealth AR15 coin.  Only those who recognize the BFL would know.
View Quote
If someone will design it, I'll do the work.

I'd probably need a few volunteers, and probably the site's permission. (I'm not paying to be a dealer)

I'd create a paypal account just for this, so the funds would be isolated.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:59:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm in for a few.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:43:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'd probably need a few volunteers, and probably the site's permission. (I'm not paying to be a dealer)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the idea of making it a stealth AR15 coin.  Only those who recognize the BFL would know.

I'll give you a hand if you need it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:09:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 8:29:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I've seen that stuff go sideways too many times... I feel better selling something (and you paying for something) that exists and is in hand...

The Avilia's green lighted it, so now I'm just waiting to hear back from the mint. When /if this happens, the coins will be listed in my online store and you can pay with credit card or mail in checks. No list, no PayPal (anti gun fucks), nobody has to commit to anything. They'll cost whatever they cost and folks can buy them or not...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why not have us pre-pay.

I've seen that stuff go sideways too many times... I feel better selling something (and you paying for something) that exists and is in hand...

The Avilia's green lighted it, so now I'm just waiting to hear back from the mint. When /if this happens, the coins will be listed in my online store and you can pay with credit card or mail in checks. No list, no PayPal (anti gun fucks), nobody has to commit to anything. They'll cost whatever they cost and folks can buy them or not...

Sweet
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why not have us pre-pay.

Will you post a notice in GD, so we know they are available?

I never look in the EE.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

They won't be more than $.79 over spot price, right?
View Quote
This.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
That's the way to do it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not have us pre-pay.

That's the way to do it.
I'm down with this. I remember reading the thread about the last run.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:51:39 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Post the pic of the chick with the coins over her nipples and make it a contest in BOTD!

Sell out in a day.
View Quote

Best idea ever!  
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm in for some if this happens.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I would be in for at least 4.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:27:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I never look in the EE

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why not have us pre-pay.

I never look in the EE

Awesome! I'll be in for a few.

Also what Him said.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd be in for a couple
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Id be in for some
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'll keep this thread updated and I'll start a thread in my industry forum when they're ready as well
View Quote

Very cool.  Thank you!

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'll keep this thread updated and I'll start a thread in my industry forum when they're ready as well
View Quote

Which industry forum is yours?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_2/488_The_Tactical_Medic.html
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Balls dropped, miscommunications, forgetfullness - the usual with a group buy deal.  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1201572_AR15_COM_1oz_Fine_Silver_BFL_Coin___Sold_Out___Update_on_Page_35.html

View Quote

I could imagine the nightmare of taking orders, waiting for payments to clear, shipping, tracking the shipment, dealing with the unpaid orders, etc.  Not worth the time and trouble.  The smart thing would be to just put them up on the web and people can order them once they're in, first come first serve.  This means the seller would have to fork over all the initial costs for the production run, but for that charge an extra $2-3 or whatever coin for the trouble.

I ordered 1 one from the first run and 4 from the second, they're great rounds,  more of a collector's item than just generic bullion. Packaging was great, each one was in an airtite.  

1 oz ingots would be cool too, but that would require extra money for die development.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:08:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, my life just got easier.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:14:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I could imagine the nightmare of taking orders, waiting for payments to clear, shipping, tracking the shipment, dealing with the unpaid orders, etc.  Not worth the time and trouble.  The smart thing would be to just put them up on the web and people can order them once they're in, first come first serve.  This means the seller would have to fork over all the initial costs for the production run, but for that charge an extra $2-3 or whatever coin for the trouble.

I ordered 1 one from the first run and 4 from the second, they're great rounds,  more of a collector's item than just generic bullion. Packaging was great, each one was in an airtite.  

1 oz ingots would be cool too, but that would require extra money for die development.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Balls dropped, miscommunications, forgetfullness - the usual with a group buy deal.  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1201572_AR15_COM_1oz_Fine_Silver_BFL_Coin___Sold_Out___Update_on_Page_35.html

I would love to see 1 or 5 oz ingots, and 5 oz rounds. I know it's too much trouble, but I'd still like it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:29:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I never look in the EE.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why not have us pre-pay.

I never look in the EE.

I'm down for some. And what Him said.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#41]
I'd be in for two.  Please keep us up to date in this thread.

Wes
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#42]
I bought a handful before. They were a couple of dollars over spot at the time, so those saying no at $40 silver was $34-$35 an oz when they had them minted last.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Oh ya!
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 1:16:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Anyone know how many have been sold so far?
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Anyone know how many have been sold so far?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

In on some until I saw the price...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://shop.thetacticalmedic.com/1oz-Silver-Round-AR15COM-BFL-BLF-COIN.htm

Out of stock but email them or message them on their industry page here and maybe they can help you out.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://shop.thetacticalmedic.com/1oz-Silver-Round-AR15COM-BFL-BLF-COIN.htm

Out of stock but email them or message them on their industry page here and maybe they can help you out.

Is that not the old price?  I'm willing to pay for the labor though...

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#49]
In for 5
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 19
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top