User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/26/2015 10:43:46 PM EDT
Well, admit it. Purge your guilt.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Almost had to stab one with a screwdriver while I was working for the water company.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:47:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, 2x.  

Then I would have been another ARF stat
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#3]
No, but if I had been present when my wife was attacked by a dog while walking my 2 young children I would have.

No sleep would have been lost.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:49:42 PM EDT
[#4]
If I wouldn't have had my grand nephew with me a few weeks ago when I went to the cabin someone's hound would have taken a .357 to the head. Bastard was roaming loose and trying to get into the rabbit cages.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:52:03 PM EDT
[#5]
A dog killed seven hens on our property, he was dealt with swiftly.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not a cop
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Shot a dog chasing our goats with a pellet gun. Dropped it dead. No joke.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:54:04 PM EDT
[#8]
In before the LEO members
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:54:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Domestic disturbance in the late 1970s.

Wife in kitchen crying... hubby at storm door (wife in view over his shoulder).

Hubby with a smile from ear to ear as his large dog continuously lurches towards the door. Hubby quite amused by this.

Hubby says cops not needed. Hubby told since wife called she needed to say we weren't needed.

I inquire to hubby if his dog is bullet proof. His response, "Honey come get the dog!"

Sgt arrives to inquire if wife wishes to prefer charges against hubby (waaaaaaay before domestic violence laws).

Hubby says to Sgt I threatened to shoot his dog. I correct hubby that what I asked, "is your dog bullet proof", I never said I was going to shoot it.

Wife declines prosecution... we leave... doggie is unharmed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:55:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Nope..
Had to take out a charging rooster the other day tho.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:58:41 PM EDT
[#11]
No but I've had to punt a couple that were charging me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I was charged by a dog in my neighborhood once. Luckily it was just slightly bigger than a hamster.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:59:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes. Jumped my 7' block wall and attacked me and my dog.

Took 3 rounds of 9mm Hydrashock to put it down.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Shot lots of dags in Baghdad, and a couple in the stan, had to though.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:00:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Hanging on our back porch a few years ago after I got back from shooting at some ducks.  Rottiemix jumps up on the porch and starts lunging and snapping at us cujo style.....  He didn't make it. Do believe it was a 12ga with #2 steel shot as it was what was I was hunting with.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:00:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I've shot a dog, with a lever 30-30.  It was on a deer lease in the middle of nowhere TX, keeping all the deer away.  Nearest neighbor (also a deer lease) was about 15 miles away.

My lab sleeps at the foot of my bed, and I don't feel bad about it.

I wish I had shot the one that attacked my lab (drew blood on his leg, then went for the neck), but I wasn't carrying.  It got stomped.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Almost did. Three dogs actually.

Off-leash aggressive dogs, no other humans in sight, while I was hiking in woods 2 miles from the nearest road.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:01:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Yep got attacked by the neighbors doberman in my front yard
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Feral Chow-mix.   Low growl, head down, ears back heading towards me as I got out of the truck.   RA9T stopped him in his tracks, DRT.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:04:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I have kicked many mutts,  Iraq 03 wild dogs all over I had to smack one good with a rifle butt. to get it away.

I have killed many yotes does that count?

call me heartless but I honestly can say it does/would not bother me.

In Korea I ate several they ain't bad.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Had 3 loose dogs attack my 2 leashed dogs in the back of a park, not wanting to shoot into a pile of dogs I put a 124gr +P Ranger into the ground and that broke them up. Luckily after that the 3 loose dogs decided to be elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Years ago I was riding my bike home from a girlfriends house about 1AM. I had a car but thought a ride on the old mountain bike would be nice. As I'm cruising home at a slow pace about...dead quiet, no people or cars I hear a jingle. I look to my right and two Rottweilers had gotten loose from somewhere and were standing in a front yard I rode by. The "jingle" was their collars as the both looked up at me. Immediately they started running at me snarling and barking. I grabbed my Glock 19 but it wasn't chambered...I decided I should take off and try to get away, pistol in hand. One gave up fairly quickly but the larger of the two kept coming. He was close enough to bite the tire and almost toss me off the bike...I barely got away as he ran out of juice. Had my pistol been chambered I would have shot the shit out of both of them.

I've been carrying with one in the chamber ever since. You never know when you might only have one hand free...
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Nope. A good kick can solve a lot of issues when it comes to aggressive/threatening dogs.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:11:13 PM EDT
[#24]
I've shot more dogs than any cop on this site.  

We raise livestock and people dump dogs out here quite often.  They chase cows.  That's a bad thing.  I have 4 dogs and love them like family, but some dogs just aren't going to make it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:11:20 PM EDT
[#25]
There have been a couple of times where I thought I might have to. I have to say that saying you will do it and actually facing the prospect of having to do it are very different things. The thought of actually having to discharge my firearm was very unsettling to say the least especially in a residential setting.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:11:59 PM EDT
[#26]
More than once, 00 odd, 223.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:11:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Nope. Had to kick a dog once but never really thought about shooting it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:12:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Nope, never.

I've kicked a few dogs, not that I wanted to. I'm a real dog lover.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:13:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Almost shot a pit. I was walking my dog, and the pit came running up on me real fast. It was hard to tell if she was happy or being aggressive. At the last second she stopped, rolled on her back, and starting licking my dog's face. My dog was pretty shocked, too. He just sorta stood there looking at me like, "wtf?!"
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#30]
No, but a pit bull is what finally gave me the resolve to carry daily. Had I been armed at the time, he'd have been dead.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:14:22 PM EDT
[#31]
2x

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Almost decided to stab a large Doberman one time. Other than that, no.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:17:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Yes...and it's haunted me ever since.

I was 11 years old, and our GSD bitch had dropped her first litter of 10 pups a week earlier.

They got sick, and since we were poor white trash, the vet wasn't even a consideration.

My step-father was on one of his epic we-don't-know-where-the-fuck-he-is drunks, my mother wouldn't do it, so I got stuck with the job.

Got a shovel and my .22, dug a hole and did the necessary. By the time I shot the last one, I had to guide the barrel into place with my fingers, I couldn't see from crying.

It's one of the memories I just can't forget, no matter how hard I try.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:18:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Had this Akita mix at the Truck Stop  that but 2 drivers, one of whom ended up needing surgery to close up his arm.  Waiting for Animal Control to respond and take him, we were told to destroy it if it tried to boogie before they got him contained....luckily he stayed put.   The other one I came close with was a 100lb Rott that had chased one of our local homeless dudes, aggressive and mean.  He got within a step or two of being put down, but his owner showed up to drag him home.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:18:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've been carrying with one in the chamber ever since. You never know when you might only have one hand free...
View Quote

I dont know man i heard that was dangerous...
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#36]
We used to have packs of wild dogs here. Shot at them once with my bow but I was too quick trying to get one in the head.

Another couple that I would have killed if I had a gun.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:20:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Had a pit run me down while on a jog. It nipped at my heels. I turned around, back pedaled, and drew and was ready to shoot if he moved. I was able to keep backing up and that was that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:22:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I have to say that saying you will do it and actually facing the prospect of having to do it are very different things. The thought of actually having to discharge my firearm was very unsettling to say the least especially in a residential setting.
View Quote

Yep.

I went from hopping out of the truck to HOLYSHITWTFBBQ?!?!111?!???BANG in about 2.5 seconds.   I still remember thinking "please don't make me do this...oh well" right before pulling the trigger.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't feel any remorse or doubt about it, neither at the time nor later, but there was a split-second of "awwww, shit, this is happening".

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:24:23 PM EDT
[#39]
My dad did..yes he was a cop... he was broken hearted... I saw him come home after shooting people less upset...
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:25:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yep, 2x.  

Then I would have been another ARF stat
View Quote

Yep. 1 BAD drop off (I guess anyways) pit and a rabid lab. For about a week after it showed I tried to catch it to figure out if there was anything I could do. After that, it started attacking our dogs and would retreat across to the neighbors pasture/creek bottom. I eventually got him at 50 yards with #2 shot from a 20 ga (really meant to scare him off) dropped him, took another to finish him off. Tested negative for rabies. That poor dog's neck looked as if someone had left a heavy ass chain around it for its whole life...  The fucky part that still bothers me was that just before I shot him, I yelled "Stop you sonofabitch" and he STOPPED then and there....

The lab was a drop off too (wasn't local, asked around and one of the neighbors saw it happen). I was fishing and it came out of one of our barns and just stood about 15 yards away growling walking slowly towards me. Took one shot from my blackhawk to scare it away and it didn't phase it, put another in its neck. Positive for rabies and had a nasty, scabbed up bite on one of the hind legs that probably did it. What pissed me off about that one was that the owner didn't have the balls to put it out of its misery

I hope to never have to do that again.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:26:56 PM EDT
[#41]
**shole neighbors that moved from the city to our really rural area had a mean dog and refused to leash or tie it up. It killed some of our ducks while I was in town one day. We told them to keep it in the yard and they basically blew off the request. It showed several more times sniffing around and got the pellet gun treatment. Then one day while I was home I hear a ruckus and it's at my dog (who never left the yard without one of us anyway) that was leashed. Turns out after the fact because of this attack he had a broken jaw, exposed ribs and such. We had to put him down afterwards as he went downhill in health fast. He was 13

Anyhow, during the attack I went out the back door (my dog was leashed at the front step) and I finally got an angle during a break in the fight. I shot the other large GSD mix through the forward shoulders with a '06. Neighbors heard the shot, came over, screamed and yelled and postured. I basically told him to take his dog's damn body away (my dog is now laying on the ground quivering and bleeding profusely) or someone was going to have to carry him off as well.

Then they got another dog, a rotty mix. Same thing, killed a few fowl, kept sniffing around after repeated verbal warnings (as if the first time they had a dog shot wasn't enough of an education!)
That one got dealt with too.

Then they moved back to town thank goodness.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm not a cop
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:34:39 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Yep got attacked by the neighbors doberman in my front yard
View Quote
Doberman was the last breed that bit me.

I was working in an addition of a guys house and the bastard left leaving the doberman and a big hairy fucker in the house. I got done and loaded up my arms with tools and go downstairs to the entry where the Dobie just lunged at me biting my thigh. No bark warning or anything. I was instantly furious and charged the dogs backing them enough to exit. I sat in the fucks driveway until he came home where we had a discussion. He is lucky I didn't drive the couple of blocks to my dad's and get a weapon.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:37:59 PM EDT
[#44]
When I was about 26 years old, a dog forced me into fighting it. Well, it attacked me actually. The Dog repeatedly charged and jumped, trying to knock me down each time. It never tried to bite lower then my forearm, mostly at my shoulders. Luckily I was wearing 3 long sleeve shirts that day. Each time the dog tried to fly into me, I'd kick it or knee it in the chest and it'd back off about 15 feet and wait a few seconds before charging at me again. The dog managed to get bites sometimes.

After a while of fending off this dog, there came a point where I decided it was trying to knock me down, and it was going to be him or me. The next time that the dog charged at me, I waited until it's front legs were off the ground as its chest landed into my raised knee, as had already happened many times already. Leaned in before the impact and slammed both hands around that dogs neck as hard as I could and stood it up on its hind legs.
Dogs expression went from aggressive to fear and then I was on top of the dog on its back.
No way I was letting go of this shifty bastard.
Eventually the owner came running down 3 flights of stairs. I stood up and held the dogs neck level with my shoulders because I wanted to be on my feet  when he got there. As the owner stooped down to cradle the dogs weight upward I let it go. The dog was having convulsions.
For 6 days I had a deathly sore pain from every fingertip up to my elbows.

The dog was a large frame pit bull mix that I'd say was about 80 pounds.
I asked around and was told the dog lived, but was never the same. Good.
I still keep the outermost shirt from that day.
About ten years older now. Less apt to allow a fight to last that long now.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Had a couple of great looking, purebred boxers that were loose in the neighborhood. They finally raided the hen house.

Rule 303, out of an enfield jungle carbine.

Never did see any posters put up, looking for two lost boxers, either.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:44:29 PM EDT
[#46]
yes
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#47]
I almost did, a couple times. Kicked or punched the fight out of several more......that DOES work if your timing is right.

My dad has killed several that I know of.

Any animal that gets hokey around my grand kids is gonna be DRT, guarantee it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Yup, quite a few as a matter of fact and I didn't bat an eye.
My dad was a veterinarian and we had some property in a fairly rural area. Most of his clientele were high dollar Thoroughbred and Quarter race horses.
He had a clients mare from a good bloodline that was in foal, she gave birth to a healthy male foal. We were awoken later that evening to the horses going apeshit.
A pack of wild dogs had gotten into the paddock where the mare and foal were and killed the foal.
The emotion my dad showed was beyond anything I had ever seen, mad, sad, worried, frustrated.
The next night he handed me his Winchester 88 in 243 with a Unertl scope and a box of cartridges and said "3 bucks."
I asked him what he meant and he told me he would give me $3 for each set of ears.
Any dog that was running loose was to go. I dropped probably 20 of them that summer.
A 243 will make a dog do a few barrel rolls on a dead run.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:54:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:56:14 PM EDT
[#50]
I've had to put two of them down.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top