Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The only place I like Froglube is a flashlight O-ring lube.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Full synthetic motor oil does everything those expensive oils at the gun stores do, and costs way less per fl oz.  

People take this shit way too seriously. All your doing is applying a liquid that makes the surface slippery so the parts move freely. IT'S SIMPLE.

View Quote

... this
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Even better!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I got 2 for the shop, got pops to use it. OMG you cannot get it off his bench now. LOL
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This

Can't be said enough SLiP2000
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#5]
synthetic 5w30 applied "generously"
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote
What do you know, it states right in the link on the SDS that it contains zinc, a well known material that reduces friction between metals.

Funny how when real POL companies put out products, they use materials that have known and tested properties.  

When oil companies use essence of pressed snake, they won't list any of the ingredients.

Funny how that works.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

I got a bottle of this stuff, but it was Spike's Tactical branded, awhile back and it's good stuff.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I got 2 for the shop, got pops to use it. OMG you cannot get it off his bench now. LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I've got several on my bench loaded with various lubricants. I started using them for oiling reel bearings and guns followed soon after. Much better than a big nozzle for precision application.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

I need to give my Lucas guy a call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
what is that made of?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

what is that made of?

don't really know, just been using it for years....pretty sure its liberal tears, sasha grey sweat, and some plasma Gen.Mattis donated back in the day

here's a production pdf with some numbers and explanations though

https://www.slip2000.com/downloads/GunLube.pdf

multiple 1000 round classes rain, shine, dust, heat, and cold...gun just keeps running with no feeding or seizing issues

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I have slip 200 EWL30 and CLP. I switch to the thicker slip 2000 since it doesn't seem to evaporate.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fireclean FTMFW
View Quote

Yup. Nontoxic too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Mobil 1 Synthetic = Good if you're cheap, and like the smell/taste of motor oil when your shooting.

Slip 2000 EWL = Ideal if you don't mind spending 12 bucks on a non-toxic, no odor, great firearm lube.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:54:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What do you know, it states right in the link on the SDS that it contains zinc, a well known material that reduces friction between metals.

Funny how when real POL companies put out products, they use materials that have known and tested properties.  

When oil companies use essence of pressed snake, they won't list any of the ingredients.

Funny how that works.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Funny how that works.

So far, no complaints yet. Its really thick, stays where ya put it. Ive yet to test at sub Zero temps.. Shit Ill go toss my glock in the freezer and report back in a few hrs.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Never bought into the hype. I use Starrett M1 mainly and sometimes Breakfree CLP.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:55:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Check out this company: Cherry Balmz

He makes a good product and was a Cola Warrior West sponsor.
View Quote

I used that stuff on my guns. Looks like it works pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

don't really know, just been using it for years....pretty sure its liberal tears, sasha grey sweat, and some plasma Gen.Mattis donated back in the day

multiple 1000 round classes rain, shine, dust, heat, and cold...gun just keeps running with no feeding or seizing issues

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

what is that made of?

http://www.otistec.com/images/Otis_SLIP_2000_MSDS.pdf

There's the Material safety data sheet.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I have always been a CLP fan......and I use rig on 1911 rails
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Full synthetic motor oil does everything those expensive oils at the gun stores do, and costs way less per fl oz.  

People take this shit way too seriously. All your doing is applying a liquid that makes the surface slippery so the parts move freely. IT'S SIMPLE.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what is that made of?

"trade Secret" The finest baby snakes, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then squeezed into the finest lube known to man.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#21]
CLP works for me
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
After hours of reading about different gun lubes, I continue to use the tried and true Breakfree CLP. I own sever guns with no visible signs of corrosion and no mechanical related issues.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

"trade Secret" The finest baby snakes, dew picked and flown from Iraq, cleansed in finest quality spring water, lightly killed, and then squeezed into the finest lube known to man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what is that made of?

LOL

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Obviously you failed to follow the instructions or sacrifice the goat properly during the lubrication ritual.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Though more expensive than snake oil, I hear that Shark fin oil is fantastic. White Rhino horn oil is outstanding. Unicorn piss is the Noveske of gun lubricating oils.

It comes in little "Keymod" shaped bottles.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:12:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Royal Purple gear lube.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#28]
You put garbage lube on a gun and it didnt run? I'm shocked!  :-/
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

I always thought it was the essence drawn from Podlings?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Froglube is crap.  

I learned same as you.  I tried buying it so my wife wouldnt complain about the smell.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I bought in to the hype.  FL was fine at first, but it gums up during long term storage.  I switched to Fireclean and I'm very happy with it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
After hours of reading about different gun lubes, I continue to use the tried and true Breakfree CLP. I own sever guns with no visible signs of corrosion and no mechanical related issues.

This

Nah, let's reinvent the wheel for the thousandth fucking time
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:23:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I had the same experience.  I applied Froglube paste to an AR (heated metal surfaces with a heat gun ahead of time), wiped off excess materials, and put the rifle away.  10 months later when I went to pull it out I couldn't pull the charging handle back because the BCG was stuck in the upper receiver.  

I had to utilize the mortar technique to get it to move.  It ran fine after that, but I don't trust Froglube anymore for my defensive firearms.  It's a damn shame, because I liked being able to use non-toxic chemicals for cleaning/lube (and the wife didn't complain about the smell).
View Quote

I called it snake oil years ago when it 1st came out and got laughed at because I still use CLP. well guess what? clp worked great then it still works great these days and it doesn't gum up an action.

if your lube requires a process your lube sucks.

the fact is most lubes work great. CLP, Hoppes gun oil, mobil 1, even rem oil work at least 1/2 decently. some are a little better at being a lube, some are better and staying wet longer, some are better at preventing rust but for the most part they work.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

here they are making the newist batch!

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have been switching between two products. Rand CLP and Stihl Ultra synthetic two-stroke oil. When I run out of Rand I'll just use the Stihl. It is a full synthetic and is designed to work in a combustion chamber. I actually think that the bolt tail and bolt carrier bore stay cleaner when I use the Stihl Ultra.
View Quote

i'll have to check that out.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Breakfree LP or CLP has always kept my rifles and plastic pistols running like they should.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Of course if you just have to be different.....

(It does work great on wore out M2HB's)

http://www.stihlusa.com/WebContent/Images/Product/608/chainoil.png?preset=Product.ProductDetails

View Quote

i built an automatic chain oiler for my motorcycle and i use bar and coil oil as the lube.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I use Slip 2000 and TW-25 light grease mostly.  Never a problem.  Both stay wet after months in the safe and even after a couple hundred rounds in both rifles and pistols.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Froglube is crap.  

I learned same as you.  I tried buying it so my wife wouldnt complain about the smell.  
View Quote

if thats an issue in your house try FP-10.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Time has made me a believer.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#42]

CLP is good stuff. Other than some grease on my 1911 rails, it's all I use.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Depending on the application I use either frankincense or myrrh.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I put Mobile one in a breakfree clp bottle.  Also sometimes use breakfree clp when I cant find my mobile one in my gun junk. Frog Lube looks like muzzleloading bore butter just repackaged.
View Quote

I'm sure it's the weight of oil I got, but it seems to come out of my CLP bottle WAY slower than CLP.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Been using Breakfree CLP since 1982, when I was issued my first rifle, an M16A1.

Still works great for me.
View Quote

Add me in at 1992.  Breakfree is teh shit.  Has never let me down.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have been switching between two products. Rand CLP and Stihl Ultra synthetic two-stroke oil. When I run out of Rand I'll just use the Stihl. It is a full synthetic and is designed to work in a combustion chamber. I actually think that the bolt tail and bolt carrier bore stay cleaner when I use the Stihl Ultra.
View Quote

I have some of that.

Is it better than mobile 1?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

That is good stuff. I use it on every gun I own.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:43:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Meh.

When I run out of LSA, I will look in to some of this whiz-bang oil.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#49]
I was using CLP, switched to Mobil 1 and then to Slip2000. They all seem to work about the same but the Slip2000 doesn't stink and stays where I put it better than the other two. The green cleaner shit actually smells good.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Lucas Oil Company extreme duty gun oil FTW.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top