Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2015 11:15:16 AM EDT
Should I fo?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#1]
FO, 87% of the reviews like this two caliber deal, recognizing availability of 1/2 the ammo, it is still available.  Pistol is also GTG.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Sell the 22TCM conversion
Enjoy your 9mm 1911

Profit!

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sell the 22TCM conversion Enjoy your 9mm 1911
Profit!

View Quote

I got plenty of 9mm handguns.  I was mainly wanting thoughts on the 22tcm round and future availability
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#4]
how much?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
how much?
View Quote

They're in the 650-700 range
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#6]
1911's are the best.  Buy it.  Post pics.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:12:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I really like mine. Both barrels are very accurate.

I say FO!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I say FO!
View Quote

Tcm ammo availability, what about reloading using 9mm brass? I h Ave been debating on a Tcm upper for my sbr
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:16:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sell the 22TCM conversion Enjoy your 9mm 1911
Profit!

View Quote

Why the hell would you do that? .22TCM is an awesome cartridge. Punches through IIIA, gets 12" of penetration in gel and is extremely low recoil.

OP: In my opinion, the only real problem with the RIA's is in the small parts. If you know a good 1911-smith and have the money, have them all replaced with Wilson/Brown/EGW/Guncrafter parts.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Tcm ammo availability, what about reloading using 9mm brass? I h Ave been debating on a Tcm upper for my sbr
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I say FO!

9mm brass does not work. You can cut .223 brass down and make it into .22TCM though. Or, you know, just get .22TCM brass...
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I say FO!

9mm brass is too short, 223 brass is what you need
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Oh, look, a gun that shoots musket-balls which do not punch holes in IIIA armor, and thus is irrelevent in a thread about .22TCM.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Oh, look, a gun that shoots musket-balls which do not punch holes in IIIA armor, and thus is irrelevent in a thread about .22TCM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It will with the right ammo

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/T_hZMZM1l04/maxresdefault.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not consistently. That ammo goes through some IIIA, not all. And since armor makers know about it, many are modifying their IIIA products accordingly.

.22TCM has both velocity and sectional density on its side. And there is no intensity like sectional density. Soft armor will not stop it with any realistic thickness without order-of-magnitude better materials.

We could also compare prices between standard .22TCM ammo (which expands, gets 12" of penetration, and punches through IIIA) and the Liberty ammo.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Do it. I have always wanted one.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

The ammo availability scares me though
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:05:19 PM EDT
[#18]

I already have an hk vp9 so I'm good there (yes I do know that is a p30)
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:07:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Readily available where I live, and online it seems... Get some reloading dies. Short and long term problems solved.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not consistently. That ammo goes through some IIIA, not all. And since armor makers know about it, many are modifying their IIIA products accordingly.

.22TCM has both velocity and sectional density on its side. And there is no intensity like sectional density. Soft armor will not stop it with any realistic thickness without order-of-magnitude better materials.

We could also compare prices between standard .22TCM ammo (which expands, gets 12" of penetration, and punches through IIIA) and the Liberty ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1721610_Why_not_make_some_legal_handgun_AP_to_get_the_BATFE_back_for_7N6_and_M855__Results_on_pgs_4__5__and_6_.html&page=4

There's another path, in 9mm, that can't be designed around by an armor company...
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:00:19 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http:// http://i.imgur.com/GF9SbYrh.jpg

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1721610_Why_not_make_some_legal_handgun_AP_to_get_the_BATFE_back_for_7N6_and_M855__Results_on_pgs_4__5__and_6_.html&page=4

There's another path, in 9mm, that can't be designed around by an armor company...

I was there for that thread.

Offer it commercially already!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#22]
I've sold a few, they are very cool. I really hope the 22TCM catches on.

ETA: Even if the 22TCM dies out, it's still a great price for a double-stack 9mm 1911.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:26:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've sold a few, they are very cool. I really hope the 22TCM catches on.

ETA: Even if the 22TCM dies out, it's still a great price for a double-stack 9mm 1911.
View Quote

Yep. I have no reasons why you shouldn't buy this pistol.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#24]
I say go for it.  The 9mm barrel makes it a no brainer.  The sights are about the only complaint I have.  Black front and two dot rear?   WTF.

I tried installing a lighter Para trigger to reduce weight (factory unit is steel), but the stirrup was way too long.  Might be better off attaching an AL shoe to the stock stirrup.  Otherwise you risk trigger bounce if you go for a light pull.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:46:17 AM EDT
[#25]
I cant speak for the 22 but I have a RIA 9MM and its a really cool gun to shoot, no recoil just steady busting caps one of the best purchases I have made in the last couple years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top