BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2015 6:14:35 PM EDT
literally on guard duty right now

Will update soon

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Long story short, spending the day with my wife and mom. Mom gets a call that the alarm has gone off at her home....shit.. There are painters at the house and the only portion of the house armed was where my parents had moved important items.

We get there, they deny entering the area, check the system...yup they did. They have been fired and I'm watching the  door to that are while the pack up and leave. It's tense. Cops never showed

Looks like they possibly took some cash
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you like spiders crawling on you while you sleep.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#3]
How much cash? And why not call the cops?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Painters stole one of my checkbooks and bought a 3000 dollar truck.

In the long and bizarre court proceedings that followed, I wound up with the truck.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Why are you on an Internet forum and not on the phone with LE?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This ?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:26:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
We can't comfirm the cash because my dad recently moved it and doesn't know where, cops were waved off early by parents before missing cash and confirmation of entry into alarmed spot (I wouldn't have, but not my choice)

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I think you should have called the cops before you fired them...
Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Why are you on an Internet forum and not on the phone with LE?
View Quote
Not under my control, parents house, I'm here for moral support and armaments only. Everything else is their call. I'm only half on the phone, using it to make it look like I'm not concerned.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I think you should have called the cops before you fired them...

Good luck.
View Quote
I'm a third party. My mom carrys a mouse gun with no reloads(alarmed area has firearms without a safe we were potentially walking into an armed situation and were told origionally that the cops were going to beat us there) I Came to prepare for the worst, luckily that has not happened. I agree with you, there were fired to early and the cops should not have been waved off

Yes I have been pushing them to get a safe...
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#12]
So, you think they stole money, but have no idea if they stole anything.

What type of alarm to show they entered?

Anything disturbed?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:33:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Fly me down there and I'll finish it for you
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

So, you think they stole money, but have no idea if they stole anything.

What type of alarm to show they entered?

Anything disturbed?
View Quote
Nothing disturbed that I know of. Zoned alarm.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Sucks bro. I know how it feels.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#16]
They were in the house unsupervised?

They probably cock-rubbed all of the dishes before going into the area they were told to keep out.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

They probably cock-rubbed all of the dishes before going into the area they were told to keep out.
View Quote
Don't know why they did that....

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
Big deal.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

What kind of zone?

That matters in determining the likelihood of a false alarm.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:49:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What kind of zone?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What kind of zone?

Painter probably dropped a roll of tape and chased it into the forbidden zone.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The lack of supervision or the cock-rubbing?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote
There's an insightful thought to keep you up at night.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What kind of zone?

Or smacked a window and set off the glass break. Or was working near a window and triggered a motion. There are plenty of reasons.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Or smacked a window and set off the glass break. Or was working near a window and triggered a motion. There are plenty of reasons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What kind of zone?

yup,or sprayed something and set off the monoxide alarm....done that

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
What kind of zone?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What kind of zone?

Interior door, confirmed by alarm company

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

What kind of zone?
Bummer,find out if anything's missing yet?

Just curious,did you get these guys of Craigslist ? Dirt cheap price on the bid?

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#27]
IN for the mechanics lein when op's parents refuse to pay the painter.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm alone unsupervised in strangers homes all the time.
One time, there were five of us on a job. As we're packing the tools up, the husband comes home and says " I don't wanna make any accusations, but the box with my big $ baseball cards is missing" . WTF. We hung out for over an hour till the cops showed up. We let them look in the trucks, bags, tool cases....
 Finally we get cut loose, for the three hour ride home on a friday.  
After a week went by, I had my boss call the guy. He'd found them the next morning in his safe (at work, not even in the damn house) , never called with any apology.
We are in RI, the job was in NH. Some people are douchebags.

Op, I hope nothing is missing, and your Dad figures out where the $ is. If so, call the crew and apologize, huh?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Big deal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Big deal.

Yes there are no risks at all.  Just ask the OP.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Ummmm...... why leave them unsupervised if there are unlocked firearms?  even with an alarm it's already too late.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#31]
How did they take their dismissal?

Did their tone change when presented with proof?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Big deal.

He don't even know if anythings missing...They could have ran into the door with a ladder or all kinds of other shit could have happened.

Lmao

But with all the unanswered questions and total lack of info from the OP,it makes me feel like nothing happened and they're just playing a paranoid guessing game.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:58:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Ok so just an update, my parents never accused them of stealing. They don't even know that we thought money was missing. The door that was opened was in a seperate room on the opposite side of a 2 car garage from the job area. So there was zero reason for them to even go that direction. My father called the alarm company, confirmed that that specific door was opened, called the guy on the job site and told him to clean up and get out. Then my father calls the general contractor boss and finds out that the job site crew called their boss claiming "it just went off", and "we never opened any doors" song and dance. The boss is coming with a new crew tomorrow and will be staying there babysitting them. The money was moved by my father and not missing. (Derp). Nothing was obviously moved, and we are assuming they decided to not complete any nefarious actions when the alarm went off.

I was really only along for the ride for moral support and firepower if needed. I'm truely glad this one had a boring ending. My stomach went through my asshole when my mom turned to me in the parking lot 20miles away and said "he put our guns in there". Talk about 0-60 in .87 seconds
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

He don't even know if anythings missing...They could have ran into the door with a ladder or all kinds of other shit could have happened.

Lmao

But with all the unanswered questions and total lack of info from the OP,it makes me feel like nothing happened and they're just playing a paranoid guessing game.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big deal.

Lmao

Are you a painter?

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

How did they take their dismissal?

Did their tone change when presented with proof?
View Quote
We dealt directly with the boss, and his tone did change according to my father.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Ok so just an update, my parents never accused them of stealing. They don't even know that we thought money was missing. The door that was opened was in a seperate room on the opposite side of a 2 car garage from the job area. So there was zero reason for them to even go that direction. My father called the alarm company, confirmed that that specific door was opened, called the guy on the job site and told him to clean up and get out. Then my father calls the general contractor boss and finds out that the job site crew called their boss claiming "it just went off", and "we never opened any doors" song and dance. The boss is coming with a new crew tomorrow and will be staying there babysitting them. The money was moved by my father and not missing. (Derp). Nothing was obviously moved, and we are assuming they decided to not complete any nefarious actions when the alarm went off.  

I was really only along for the ride for moral support and firepower if needed. I'm truely glad this one had a boring ending. My stomach went through my asshole when my mom turned to me in the parking lot 20miles away and said "he put our guns in there". Talk about 0-60 in .87 seconds
View Quote

Wow!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:09:52 PM EDT
[#37]
MYOB will be the death of our civil rights.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:10:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
  Are you a painter?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big deal.

Lmao

Are you a painter?
Yup,I own my own company and it's not unusual for me to have the keys to a house that's worth millions of dollars full of nice things.

ETA: I've seen people get accused of stuff like this before and it ended up being bullshit when it all comes out,not saying the OP's full of shit.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or the dumbass painter is a nosy "what's in here" type and not a thief but too stupid to fess up to being nosy.

Or one of the crew is looking for the shitter and didn't get the memo.

Surprised your parents are trusting enough to say "don't go in that unlocked door where we obviously have stuff we don't want you to have access to or see" and then leave a bunch of strangers alone.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:15:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Deja Vu all over again.  We had masons in our house demo ing and rebuilding a stone fireplace.  Lots of dust so we curtained off the living room in plastic.  Lots of white dust.  We covered the furniture and locked the bedroom doors and had to leave briefly.  Sure enough when I got back there were multiple, white dusty tracks leading down the wood floor hallway to each locked door.

I had to break out the Rossetta Stone to ask why there were workboot tracks in the other part of the house and got a "No-o-o-"  The job went dormant for two weeks while I found a new crew, not that they would be any different.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Or the dumbass painter is a nosy "what's in here" type and not a thief but too stupid to fess up to being nosy.

Surprised your parents are trusting enough to say "don't go in that unlocked door where we obviously have stuff we don't want you to have access to or see" and then leave a bunch of strangers alone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know... I might pitch another "you need a safe, and you need one now" speech in a few. That would have solved many problems

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 9:30:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Nobody is allowed unsupervised in my home unless it's someone I personally know and trust, period.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#43]
many sensitive items are now safely inside my safe until the work is done.... i think im going to start really pushing the stand alone safe thing with my parents after they get done with this reno.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:19:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Ummmm...... why leave them unsupervised if there are unlocked firearms?  even with an alarm it's already too late.
View Quote
I'm not rally understanding that either...... Their guns are in my safe now until the new painting crew finishes. I insisted on that. Many heirlooms as well. I'll also be insisting helping them pick out a standing safe when this is all settled.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Anyone who leaves unattended workmen in their home is crazy.

Grandparents forgot they hid some cash under the corner of a rug. They bought new carpet and had the stores installers
do the work. after it was done they realized they had hid some cash. Sure enough it was gone and they denied taking it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top