Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/25/2015 3:37:54 PM EDT
Or should I say "who else is a bitch like me?"  My wife went out of town Thursday to stay at her mom's because her mom was feeling a little ill. I already knew I wasn't gonna be able to sleep, so I took the girls out to eat and stuffed my face hoping to slip into a food coma. We came back home and I surfed arf for about 4 hours, all while texting with my wife. Even though she was in Mexico, she was using a texting app with wifi. She couldn't sleep either. Fucking 4am and neither of us could sleep, texting each other like two stupid teenagers in love. So, does this silly shit happen to anyone else?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes & no.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm the same way. Every since I started "dating" I was never able to sleep alone.... It's either stay up all night on the net or chasing tail..... Now I'm in my 30's and married and when she isn't home I stay up all night.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not my preference, but I can.  

Starting with his first hunting trip after we were married we have a tradition of taking the other one's pillow and leaving our own.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:41:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty much.  But she works minimum 24 hour shifts so I just have to deal with it
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, I love sleeping on the couch.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't sleep well when she is not with me
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife works nights.

We have a king size bed. Its great to sprawl out and have some room.

However, I get the worst night of sleep when she's at work. Even with sleep aids, its still a shitty night.

When she stays up till 4/5 for her night routine, its better. She usually wakes me up when she comes to bed.

But when she's gone, bad night sleepy time.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, but don't tell her that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Or should I say "who else is a bitch like me?"  My wife went out of town Thursday to stay at her mom's because her mom was feeling a little ill. I already knew I wasn't gonna be able to sleep, so I took the girls out to eat and stuffed my face hoping to slip into a food coma. We came back home and I surfed arf for about 4 hours, all while texting with my wife. Even though she was in Mexico, she was using a texting app with wifi. She couldn't sleep either. Fucking 4am and neither of us could sleep, texting each other like two stupid teenagers in love. So, does this silly shit happen to anyone else?
View Quote

AAWWWW, that's sweet.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#10]
No...

When she is not around I have to get out the blow up doll and inflate it to snuggle up with!

ANd then sometimes that don't work... hips and ass are too narrow on the doll!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#11]
My wife has worked night shift since we got married 10 years ago....so no.  although occasionally i find it hard to go to sleep, I never have trouble at least getting a few hours with her gone.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes, I love sleeping on the couch.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I sleep like a boss alone.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I much prefer to have the wife in bed with me. She's soft, warm, smells good, and her being there takes all of life's problems off of my mind so I can relax.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Sure. My dog just jumps up on the bed when my wife isn't around.

No hanky-panky though.

With the dog, I mean.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Like a baby.  I can sleep anywhere, anytime on command!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't sleep well when she is not with me
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:49:07 PM EDT
[#18]
My S/O is an RN. She works the night shift, so yes. But it is nice when she gets home in the morning and we spoon after breakfast!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:49:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

AAWWWW, that's sweet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AAWWWW, that's sweet.

Right.  This guy is trying to earn brownie points - you already married her so that game is over.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#20]

DAMN there's a lot of Estrogen in this thread!!!

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:50:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Yep I have to.  Travel a bit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I can sleep with the brass of a light machine-gun pelting me.  I can sleep through furnace explosions, the detonation of nearby gunpowder plants, and Iron Maiden concerts.

Yep, I can sleep without my wife nearby.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm 'out of town' about 6 months of the year... Yes, empty bed doesn't stop me from sleeping.  I don't like it, but it doesn't stop me from sleeping. In my 33 years of marriage, I've been gone about half the time.  After that many years, she would probably run me out of the house if I stayed home all the time.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#24]
i can, but not well. When he's not with me, I toss and turn and have bad dreams and wake up frequently.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Every night. Wife and I sleep in separate rooms. She likes it warm, I like it cool. I snore which keeps her up. Finally she wakes up  2 1\2 hrs before I do. Works better for us.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#26]
We don't regularly sleep in the same bed. We go through phases where she sleeps on the couch, me in the bed, sometimes the opposite. Other times she sleeps on the couch in the family room and I crash out on the one in my office.

I snore, she tries to murder people in her sleep.

So yes. I can sleep solo no problem.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Hell yeah. I love spreading out on the bed... that is if the dog will let me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#28]
My wife goes out of town once or twice a month for work.  I don't sleep more than a couple hours while she is gone.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:57:09 PM EDT
[#29]
It's strange without her but I can manage, it's nice to sprawl out when she's not home.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's not my preference, but I can.  

Starting with his first hunting trip after we were married we have a tradition of taking the other one's pillow and leaving our own.
View Quote

Jesus, I thought my husband and I were ate the fuck up with it.  I feel better now.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#31]
This thread is a tough one. Not because it's hard to answer but because I need to weigh the chances of her checking GD today.

...Of course this isn't to say I don't absolutely love sleeping next to a whirling dervish and all
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#32]
I roll over, snore, fart and growl in my sleep...

She moved to the other end of the house about ten years ago.

I sleep fine except when she has to house watch, then not so good.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:59:14 PM EDT
[#33]
It depends upon whether or not she is having a snoring kind of night, or has eaten certain food products.
I do feel more content sleeping together, however, I have severe chronic pain and am a light sleeper.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:59:49 PM EDT
[#34]
My wife travels frequently. I usually have a hard time the first night. Wake up multiple times. But after that its not as bad. Definitely sleep better knowing she is nice and safe sleeping by my side.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#36]
All posters are slipping!
No one asked for Pics of Wife Yet!
Need Pics.....
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#37]
yes, but no as well as I do with her.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:02:50 PM EDT
[#38]
No SO at the moment, but I hate sleeping in the same bed with another person. I'd rather sleep on the couch after sex.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

AAWWWW, that's sweet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AAWWWW, that's sweet.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#40]
I sleep the same if she here or is gone, I am an adult.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

it's not childish to miss your sweetie
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#43]
I sleep better with anyone in the room. Just another bed and anyone will do. Like my cave woman brain thinks they'll wake up and help fight sabertooths. Like maybe before I even wake up.

Eta: ideally, I'd go to sleep while others in the room stay awake. That's the best
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Who can sleep with all that sex going on?  
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Yes, but I'm accustomed to sleeping in hotel rooms, motel rooms, cars, tents, etc. If I'm tired enough, I can sleep pretty much anywhere, with or without pretty much anyone.

But don't tell her I said so.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Yes. She's fun in bed and I enjoy her company but when we aren't playing she is snoring. That shit keeps me up. The nights she decides to sleep on the couch are the best because I get to sleep.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't have one... So yes.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:18:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#49]
I have problems sleeping if she's not home or I'm away, but we don't need to be in the same room.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Nope
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top