Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had ham and cheese with mine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had bacon with my toast this morning.....

I had oatmeal
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That's the other funny part, I had to borrow a shotgun, because I haven't had mine shipped to me after the last move.  I ended up with a Beretta of some make, shot well, lots of FTF though, not sure why.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did they flip out over your Saiga?

That's the other funny part, I had to borrow a shotgun, because I haven't had mine shipped to me after the last move.  I ended up with a Beretta of some make, shot well, lots of FTF though, not sure why.

Did you bring the shotgun to the event or did you have to borrow it once you got there?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:58:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just more proof that doing what you think is right > what the herd thinks is right.
View Quote

A great example would be, at your next carbine course, a guy showing up dressed like he was in downton abbey on a pheasant hunt.  The look you would give that guy, were the looks I got.  Everyone was nice enough, but thought I was a weirdo, and I probably was.   However, this was the only rain gear I owned, and the weather said 80% chance.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Did you bring the shotgun to the event or did you have to borrow it once you got there?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a teammate bring me an extra.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#6]
This reminds me of my shooting buddy who decided one day to go shoot trap.  At the time, my buddy was in his late 40s, stands about 6'5'', weighs 300 lbs, has a white beard about a foot long, wears clothes from the 80s, and is loud and obnoxious (redneck from Texas).  

So he takes his old 870 wingmaster, circa 1950 to the trap club.  He shows up, tells everyone he's never shot trap before (true), marvels at everyones Kreighoff shotguns and pulls out his ol 870.  Everyone chuckles and by the end of the day, he had ran an almost perfect score.  He got the plaque for winning, told everyone this is a stupid game, and left.  I guess hunting dove in TX since your 6 years old makes you a pretty good shot.  

ALl in all though, it was funny as hell seeing this ol redneck bastard show up all the polo wearing high end shooters at the trap club.

With that OP, just how did you shoot and how did you finish?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I would say that of the stations we finished I was about even with the rest of my team.  The guys I was with won the event last year.  This year they didn't even bother ranking the teams because no 2 teams shot the same stations so it was pointless.  I think I shot ~50 clays and hit 40-45 of them.  The scorecards pretty much disintegrated from the rain before long.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would say that of the stations we finished I was about even with the rest of my team.  The guys I was with won the event last year.  This year they didn't even bother ranking the teams because no 2 teams shot the same stations so it was pointless.  I think I shot ~50 clays and hit 40-45 of them.  The scorecards pretty much disintegrated from the rain before long.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I've done that before, showed up at a skeet range at age 16 with a 12 gauge 870 and a single-shot .410 gauge... they said "oh, you won't hit anything with that, it's too hard for a beginner to shoot with a .410 gauge."

Shot 24 out of 25 with the 870 (doubles included) and 21 out of 25 with the single shot (all singles).... they were like . Nobody said I was a beginner
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:09:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Actually one guy on my team was using a tiny overunder 28 gauge and he was really really good with it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Should have used a Saiga to shoot with
View Quote
I always thought using a converted Saiga-12 with some pretty cocobolo wood furniture would be hilarious.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:13:30 PM EDT
[#12]
i'm a fan of Filson when shooting the classy game.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#13]
F them FUDDs!

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

A great example would be, at your next carbine course, a guy showing up dressed like he was in downton abbey on a pheasant hunt.  The look you would give that guy, were the looks I got.  Everyone was nice enough, but thought I was a weirdo, and I probably was.   However, this was the only rain gear I owned, and the weather said 80% chance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just more proof that doing what you think is right > what the herd thinks is right.

That depends, did he show up with or without a carbine?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:19:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Many times I`ve pulled out my camo "frogg togs" and finished the day dry and comfortable. I deal with snobs better when I`m dry and comfortable and they are soaking wet and bitching.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#16]
First time I shot a shotgun of any kind was for trap. I used a Rem 887 Tactical

I got around 50% IIRC. Now that it has a red dot on it and has been sighted in kind of hard to miss..
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had to borrow one.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had Honey Nut Cheerios this morning.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Should have used a Saiga to shoot with
View Quote

Couple years back I went to a dove hunt a guy I know put on. Everybody else was shooting common shotguns. I used my 1100 police tactical with the red dot sight.

That afternoon they broke out the trap flingin' machine and we all shot clay birds. I got some odd looks with the tactical shotgun until some of them shot it. Got several "gonna get me one of them sights".

I wasn't wearing any of that fancy Arklatex stuff though...just my regular old dove huntin' tutu.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#20]
You, Sir, rocked out wit' yer Coq out.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Wasn't Clinton House was it?  Did a 3-gun match there and we walked into the FUDD side and they didn't look happy with 300 of us there for that weekend
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Everyone had time to make it about 40% of the way through the course before they called the event and made everyone take their golf carts back to the club house.
View Quote

So you didn't actually shoot trap.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hate to be a Debbie downer but every charity sporting clays event I have shot has been a super easy course. Those events get a lot of novice and new shooters and they don't want to discourage them too bad.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They were looking sideways at Arcteryx?  

Never apologize for dead-bird-wear.  The stuff rocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everybody hates the gear heads until their plans for a perfect afternoon go to shit.

They were looking sideways at Arcteryx?  

Never apologize for dead-bird-wear.  The stuff rocks.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Made up. Never Happened.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Arcteryx Alpha?

Chicks go jogging in those in Colorado.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Pics of the outfit so we can judge you.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It helps him shoot better.

Never mind that he didn't share those details with us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone sure is proud of his fancy named gear.....

It helps him shoot better.

Never mind that he didn't share those details with us.

Cause he shot a 3/25
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:17:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it's a POS beretta.
Lucky it was rained out or they would have owned you
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everyone had time to make it about 40% of the way through the course before they called the event and made everyone take their golf carts back to the club house.

Exactly.
He was shooting sporting clays. And a soft course apparently
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Were you also wearing Oakleys?
View Quote

Nah, he was running those white frame eye pro!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Obviously your jacket caused the malfunctions.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Sounds like Sporting Clays not Trap.  Different games bro.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:33:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I was at a charity event.  I come in wearing an arcteryx alpha outfit
View Quote

This tells me more than I need to know about you as a person, OP.  <sigh>
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was at a charity event.  I come in wearing an arcteryx alpha outfit

Your dislike of charity could either be very bad, or very good depending on your reasoning, please elaborate.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I like showing up to the trap range with my "over under" Benelli.  24in m2 with an extended mag tube.    
View Quote

About 20 years ago a buddy went to a major event and kicked butt using an 870 with a Choate pistol grip stock, much to the distress of the Fudd crowd.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
i'm eating a chunk of cheddar cheese.

should i give my dog a bite?
View Quote

Yeah you should give your dog a bite..

I've had prime rib from the same restaurant twice in 2 days. .. Each time the dags got a piece..
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Proof or gtfo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Proof or gtfo

POOP THREAD!!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#41]
The fudds on the trap/skeet range don't get a kick out of us at the practice range using a Saiga with drum for cleanup.  Someone misses a clay "thump thump thump thump thump" until it breaks.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top