Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/25/2015 1:29:06 PM EDT
I was at a charity event.  Trap shooting was the game, everyone had jeans/button ups or polos and those shooters vests.  I come in wearing an arcteryx alpha outfit and get super weird looks, THEN one guy asks were I'm going to keep my shells, and I pull a cord from my belt holing a fold up blue force gear drop pouch.  He laughs and walks away.  I step up to the first stating, and put on a pair of sordins.... they must not have known that I have super hearing while wearing them since they were all like, "look at that weirdo" from behind me.  THEN the monsoon rain comes, I stay dry as a bone, and end up getting a lot of, "hey that outfit was a good idea".  

CSB? Not sure what that means.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I had bacon with my toast this morning.....
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Proof or gtfo
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Everybody hates the gear heads until their plans for a perfect afternoon go to shit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:34:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Proof or gtfo
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Proof or gtfo

Pics. of toast not .... Oh wait .... Never mind !

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had ham and cheese with mine.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:36:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Trap snobs can be snobs but appropriate attire for the event is never a bad idea.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#7]
How did you shoot?

They were "all" like that huh?  Fascinating.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#8]
CSB
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:38:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I like showing up to the trap range with my "over under" Benelli.  24in m2 with an extended mag tube.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#11]
If you're going to do that, you have to then dominate the event.

I showed up at a rabbit hunt with my home defense 870 with a mag extension and the older guys said "that looks like a gun for someone who misses a lot..."

I killed 6 rabbits with 6 shots that day and the rest of the group got 2 with about a dozen shots fired.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I have some  tomatoes I picked up at the famers market yesterday , I might make a BLT for lunch with the left over bacon
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:45:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a hamburger.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have some  tomatoes I picked up at the famers market yesterday , I might make a BLT for lunch with the left over bacon
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm thinking after work while I drink a beer I'm going to make nacho's with bacon on it.

Then I'll search to find who this instructor zero is.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Someone sure is proud of his fancy named gear.....
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:49:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Someone needs to do trap with an SBS or AOW just to really rub it in.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#18]
i'm eating a chunk of cheddar cheese.

should i give my dog a bite?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:52:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

It helps him shoot better.

Never mind that he didn't share those details with us.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Everybody hates the gear heads until their plans for a perfect afternoon go to shit.
View Quote

Yup. I secretly love it when gear haters ask to borrow my stuff. Especially my fudd friends.

I love it when my fudd friends critisize my ammo stash. When they can't find slugs the night before deer season starts, guess who they call?  "Hey udder, I can't find any ammo. I drove all over the city and there is nothing. I only need a few rounds..."
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I want to know who makes the skinny tactical pants he wears. I want some for me!

I would be so cool at gun shows
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Should have used a Saiga to shoot with
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Why are you paying attention to what other people think of you?

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Pics?

No homo

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Were you also wearing Oakleys?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:05:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't see where the OP said it helped him shoot better, it just kept him dry.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:05:52 PM EDT
[#27]
This would be a better story if you posted your scores.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I was at a charity event.  Trap shooting was the game, everyone had jeans/button ups or polos and those shooters vests.  I come in wearing an arcteryx alpha outfit and get super weird looks, THEN one guy asks were I'm going to keep my shells, and I pull a cord from my belt holing a fold up blue force gear drop pouch.  He laughs and walks away.  I step up to the first stating, and put on a pair of sordins.... they must not have known that I have super hearing while wearing them since they were all like, "look at that weirdo" from behind me.  THEN the monsoon rain comes, I stay dry as a bone, and end up getting a lot of, "hey that outfit was a good idea".  

CSB? Not sure what that means.
View Quote

A Filson jacket will keep the rain off as well, and you won't look like an airsofting tit...
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

i'm eating a chunk of cheddar cheese.

should i give my dog a bite?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Did they flip out over your Saiga?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:10:49 PM EDT
[#31]
OP name dropped the "celebrity" he strove to look like, bragged up the brand name of his clothing, and referred to his all matching ensemble as an outfit.

OP, they were looking at you like that because mincing around like a faggot in Gucci (even tactical Gucci) is unusual in that age-group and demographic.  Even the old queers that hang in those circles don't prance around like a fucking Disney Princess that just dragged her ass through a Call of Duty costume party.

Holy fucking absence of substance Batman.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure my post was every bit as accurate as his assessment that every single person - sorry, "fudd" -  at that shoot was laughing at him.

OP invented rain gear. Expensive rain gear.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Zero would've run that shoot with an AR in .22lr
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:36:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Event was rained out.  I thought that was implied.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
OP name dropped the "celebrity" he strove to look like, bragged up the brand name of his clothing, and referred to his all matching ensemble as an outfit.

OP, they were looking at you like that because mincing around like a faggot in Gucci (even tactical Gucci) is unusual in that age-group and demographic.  Even the old queers that hang in those circles don't prance around like a fucking Disney Princess that just dragged her ass through a Call of Duty costume party.

View Quote

They had their own brand of fudd gucci, mine was just water proof.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually, the opposite was, as you were making fun of the other shooters for not having adequate rain gear.

Rain gear is not exactly needed if rain will cause a cancellation.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am continuously told here that "fudd" means shooters who want to ban ARs and the like.  How did their clothes tell you this about them?

Imagine, showing up to a shotgun shoot with shotgun shoot clothes!  What fuddaciousness!

Do they even tacticool, bro?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:42:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Everyone had time to make it about 40% of the way through the course before they called the event and made everyone take their golf carts back to the club house.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Cool story bro
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Story would have been the same if you'd showed up in flip flops, worn out jeans, and a wife beater.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just so you know for future reference
A grown man never admits to not eating all the bacon that's been cooked
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I am continuously told here that "fudd" means shooters who want to ban ARs and the like.  How did their clothes tell you this about them?

Imagine, showing up to a shotgun shoot with shotgun shoot clothes!  What fuddaciousness!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think that means they want to ban AR stuff necessarily, just raise and eyebrow as guys who like to own them with the, "why do you need that" attitude.  Really they were all a great group of guys, we ended up raising a lot of money for leukemia, and there was very little competition if any.  The main thing is that that ark teryx stuff is actually amazing for rain, this was the first time I have had it on in a rain that was that intense.  It did perform.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's a lot more implied in your post than you have the capacity to grasp.  That's probably best.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Cool Story Bro
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Did they flip out over your Saiga?
View Quote

That's the other funny part, I had to borrow a shotgun, because I haven't had mine shipped to me after the last move.  I ended up with a Beretta of some make, shot well, lots of FTF though, not sure why.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#47]
I dont see the problem....unless you initially had the clam shell ninja hood deployed.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Everyone had time to make it about 40% of the way through the course before they called the event and made everyone take their golf carts back to the club house.
View Quote

Saying "the event was rained out" in response to a question of "how do you shoot," rarely implies you, well, did some shooting.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:52:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:52:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Just more proof that doing what you think is right > what the herd thinks is right.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top