Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 4/25/2015 11:10:36 AM EDT
Will Millennials be taxed and end up working until the day they die to pay for the spending of the "me" generations?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#1]
They won't be able to, not enough of them work.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Nailed it
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:14:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Bail out Boomers?  With what?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#4]
FPNI

The "me" special snowflake generation thinks that they are entitled to not have to work like those before them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nailed it
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nailed it

Just getting theirs up front.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#6]
lol, have to have gainful employment to bail anyone out...  That, and the price of everything doubled in the last 15 years.  But not wages.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes.

I will need to buy more gun stuff when I retire.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:17:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm sure they'll pull their heads out of their bums en masse

and take up gainful employment any day now..........
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#10]
It's actually the other way around.  The Millennials will expect the Boomer wealth to be given to them..."redistributed", if you will.

They're not gonna work for it.  They are entitled, don't you know?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Nailed it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nailed it

Yup.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#12]
not sure what generation I belong to but Ive been helping my dad for eons
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Maybe if they can get Mom's permission.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Bail out Boomers?  With what?
View Quote

With Facebook likes, Twitter Re-tweets, and Followers on Instagram,  

Internet money brah,
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:24:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't know for sure if it is even fixable anymore with how badly the mouth breather Repubocrats of the past have messed the country up, but we are gonna try our best.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#16]
They don't know what hard work is, if they could even find jobs in the first place.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#17]
We "Boomers" were the first generation to pay into SS not only money for the current retirees, but also for our own retirement. We hardly have that sense of entitlement that the X-gen has. When we started our careers we certainly did not expect to be paid top wages from the beginning like people do today.

Where we "Boomers" DID blow it was by spoiling our kids rotten. We fell for the trap; we bought houses so large every kid had their own room with a TV and a computer. Our kids couldn't have a POS car to drive for a few years; no, we had to get our kids NEW (or damn near new) cars to drive and they had to be the "cool ones". We mortgaged ourselves to the hilt so they could go to college.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:28:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They don't know what hard work is, if they could even find jobs in the first place.
View Quote

The few that do know how to find a job are making bank.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm sure they'll pull their heads out of their bums en masse

and take up gainful employment any day now..........
View Quote

Tick, tock, tick, tock...
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:31:28 AM EDT
[#20]

Bail us out?....With what?

As a generation they are more concerned with having wealth redistributed to them than actually creating their own.

They may be the laziest and most entitled generation this country has ever seen, and it won't serve them well moving forward.

..And before anyone gets their panties in knot, yes there are some exceptions to the comments above.  However, there aren't enough of them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We "Boomers" were the first generation to pay into SS not only money for the current retirees, but also for our own retirement. We hardly have that sense of entitlement that the X-gen has. When we started our careers we certainly did not expect to be paid top wages from the beginning like people do today.

Where we "Boomers" DID blow it was by spoiling our kids rotten. We fell for the trap; we bought houses so large every kid had their own room with a TV and a computer. Our kids couldn't have a POS car to drive for a few years; no, we had to get our kids NEW (or damn near new) cars to drive and they had to be the "cool ones". We mortgaged ourselves to the hilt so they could go to college.
View Quote

Shit I wish I had parents like this.  I had to buy my first car, my first computer, my cell phone after I was 18.  Shit I've been paying my own way since sept 2006.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those of us that do are getting gang raped by baby boomers, gen xers, and our own worthless generation.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Bail us out?....With what?

As a generation they are more concerned with having wealth redistributed to them than actually creating their own.

They may be the laziest and most entitled generation this country has ever seen, and it won't serve them well moving forward.

..And before anyone gets their panties in knot, yes there are some exceptions to the comments above.  However, there aren't enough of them.
View Quote

As an older Gen Y'er, I agree, and they are a product of who and how they were raised - which were by the boomers...
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Yes, it's called Social Security.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#25]
We had an intern that was hired a couple of months ago and he lasted a little over 3 weeks, he came in on his last morning and said this 8 - 4:30 stuff isn't for him and he didn't like being told what times he had to work. This is a .gov facility and he was actually being paid decent money with a strong chance of being hired permanently with awesome pay for the area. I see now how it took him 7 years to get a bachelors degree.

I also instruct at a college on the side and the work ethic of today's generation is a night and day difference from those my age and I'm only 36. Many think they have done something special just for making it to class on time
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Will Millennials be taxed and end up working until the day they die to pay for the spending of the "me" generations?
View Quote
Social Security and Medicare were enacted well before the Baby Boomers could even vote.

Obamacare? Well, you can thank the millennials who voted for Obama (and Dems) in higher percentages than any other group.

But to answer your question, yes, you'll pay.

Just don't blame me.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry but not all of us Boomers did that

My kids both work Hard and are doing well all on their own.
They Both Paid Rent when the lived home, Bought their own cars, Paid for their own schooling etc.

The biggest gift my father gave me was teaching me how to work, I passed on to my children the same gift.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#28]
I don't need "Millenials", "GenX", or anyone else bailing me out.  But thanks for the thought.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Lets see, who is paying into social security and won't be seeing a dime of it 20-40 years from now?

and yes, alot of millenials don't work, perhaps in part due to older generations who should have retired by now, but fucked up their retirement funds.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:42:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Well I see the menstrual cycle has started again.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Lets see, who is paying into social security and won't be seeing a dime of it 20-40 years from now?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

The generation before you said the same thing, you will get it also.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:45:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don't know for sure if it is even fixable anymore with how badly the mouth breather Repubocrats of the past have messed the country up, but we are gonna try our best.
View Quote

This, also thanks for all the obstacles I have to go through to get my business going!

You guys REALLY did make this a business friendly nation!

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#34]
I love the Baby Boomer "not our fault / didn't do nothing" attitude.

Social Security - "Not our fault"

Medicare - "Not our fault"

17 Trillion debt - "Not our fault"

Welfare programs - "Not our fault"

War on Drugs - "Not our fault"

Lazy Millennial kids - "Not our fault"

Obama elected - "Not our fault"

Any other argument regarding boomers - "Not our fault"

Baby Boomers have done everything they can to save this country, but everyone else keeps screwing it up. I am sad that once the Baby Boomers are gone, nobody will work anymore and this country will cease to exist or something.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
I tell the people of my 31 year old daughters generation this all the time.
SS is firmly ingrained law and it is here to stay.
And just as in the past they will make tweaks to it to improve it's viability.
It's anticipated demise is way over speculated.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Thanks Millennials

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm been hearing that tune for quite a while myself.

The .gov keeps raising the income cap (the max amount you pay SS income tax on). For 2105 cap is $118,500.00

When people say SS will run out of money - they have no idea what the future cap will be.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We had an intern that was hired a couple of months ago and he lasted a little over 3 weeks, he came in on his last morning and said this 8 - 4:30 stuff isn't for him and he didn't like being told what times he had to work. This is a .gov facility and he was actually being paid decent money with a strong chance of being hired permanently with awesome pay for the area. I see now how it took him 7 years to get a bachelors degree.

I also instruct at a college on the side and the work ethic of today's generation is a night and day difference from those my age and I'm only 36. Many think they have done something special just for making it to class on time
View Quote

Yeah and where I work just had 2 worthless pos baby boomers resign (prior to being fired) because they were unhelpful, lazy, shit stirrers.. Younger guys have replaced them and things have not been running so well since I have been there.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The .gov keeps raising the income cap (the max amount you pay SS income tax on). For 2105 cap is $118,500.00

When people say SS will run out of money - they have no idea what the future cap will be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It already is out of money. That is the thing you boomers don't get. There is just a big fat iou sitting in the fund because Congress rapes it every year and uses it for other purposes. The printing press in DC is covering it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It already is out of money. That is the thing you boomers don't get. There is just a big fat iou sitting in the fund because Congress rapes it every year and uses it for other purposes. The printing press in DC is covering it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Putting it in a lockbox was the real answer!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#41]
How did Gen X get lumped in with the Boomers?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:02:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

Because they aren't millennials, or gen-y, or whatever they call themselves.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:02:32 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

You are getting older.  Therefore, you are to blame for shit going wrong.  One day, the Millennials will wake up and follow-on gens will be pointing their fingers at them for not fixing shit.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:05:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Boomers calling out millenials, lol.

Voted themselves in a nice retirement plan, spent all the money they put in, and now expect their kids kids to pay up.   Biggest entitlement generation in the history of man calling another generation entitled.  Lol, just lol.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ya'll both spent this country into a shit ton of debt
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#46]
In for a generational warfare thread
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Such micro-aggression here
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The first Gen X people are barely even 50. How are they doing the spending?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, double-tap
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:11:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I love the Baby Boomer "not our fault / didn't do nothing" attitude.

Social Security - "Not our fault"

Medicare - "Not our fault"

17 Trillion debt - "Not our fault"

Welfare programs - "Not our fault"

War on Drugs - "Not our fault"

Lazy Millennial kids - "Not our fault"

Obama elected - "Not our fault"

Any other argument regarding boomers - "Not our fault"

Baby Boomers have done everything they can to save this country, but everyone else keeps screwing it up. I am sad that once the Baby Boomers are gone, nobody will work anymore and this country will cease to exist or something.
View Quote

There’s a lot of truth in this.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top