BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's remarkable how it's now considered "Conservative" to preserve the War on Drugs largely started by progressive democrats.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Regardless of a persons views on the legality of drugs, thinking the war on drugs has been anything but a miserable failure is moonbat level thinking.

That depends on your goals.  It's been wildly successful at expanding government power, whittling away at the fourth amendment, and getting gun control passed.  Not to mention the money.

It's remarkable how it's now considered "Conservative" to preserve the War on Drugs largely started by progressive democrats.

Strictly speaking, it is conservative.   It's been in place for 80 years.

Progressivism is the norm in our politics.   On both sides of the aisle.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:34:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:35:23 PM EDT
[#3]
So we should keep drugs banned because it could hurt the people around the user?   Seems to be the same logic libs use to push gun control
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:36:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So we should keep drugs banned because it could hurt the people around the user?   Seems to be the same logic libs use to push gun control
View Quote

The rationale used to ban drugs could be used to ban practically anything.  Object or behavior.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I am not worried about the cost. The government will just find something else to use the money on or something to expand.

I am worried about the government control and distribution of addicting substances. It is not their place to do so.

Who takes responsibility for drugged up people in the streets?
Who takes responsibility for drugged up people driving vehicles on the roads?
Who is restricted from taking government drugs?
If drugs are free why doesn't everyone get to have them whenever they want?
What about the people who don't want their tax payer money going to drugs? (similar to people on this board who don't want tax payer money going to 0bama care)
Will political parties use this as an opportunity to influence voting?

The government just provided mind altering substances to these people. The government will then be responsible. Lawsuits happen and the tax payers pay again, and again, and again.

Too much liability in my opinion. I would prefer it to be private and let people pay for their own drugs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But dude just make the drugs free and given out by the government and it will make it all better.

It would be far cheaper then what we spend total on the WOD right now... hell think how much .gov excess could be cut......

I am not worried about the cost. The government will just find something else to use the money on or something to expand.

I am worried about the government control and distribution of addicting substances. It is not their place to do so.

What about the people who don't want their tax payer money going to drugs? (similar to people on this board who don't want tax payer money going to 0bama care)

The government just provided mind altering substances to these people. The government will then be responsible. Lawsuits happen and the tax payers pay again, and again, and again.

Too much liability in my opinion. I would prefer it to be private and let people pay for their own drugs.

Thats going to be the job for all those cops we have now..surprise...you get to babysit the druggies..cause with them gone, you won't have much to do.......

ETA..besides, you already have QI..so its not like we need more laws right?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:40:47 PM EDT
[#6]
The War on Drugs has been an excellent catalyst for the growth of Federal Law Enforcement, Federal intrusion into States' rights, and done away with more of the 4th, 5th, and 6th, Amendments than the government could have achieved through any other justification.  It's basically destroyed the Constitution and put the Federal Government on steroids in terms of its growth and power.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And keeping poisonous shit out of our communities, schools, and away from stupid fucking people.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its all about money and control/power..always has been...

And keeping poisonous shit out of our communities, schools, and away from stupid fucking people.

We should keep guns away from stupid people too.  They're a known dangerous item.  

who gets to be on the vomited to decide which people are stupid?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You don't think there will be more laws with a government drug distribution system?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But dude just make the drugs free and given out by the government and it will make it all better.

It would be far cheaper then what we spend total on the WOD right now... hell think how much .gov excess could be cut......

Thats going to be the job for all those cops we have now..surprise...you get to babysit the druggies..cause with them gone, you won't have much to do.......

ETA..besides, you already have QI..so its not like we need more laws right?

You don't think there will be more laws with a government drug distribution system?

If done right? NO..if allowed to be done by who most likely would?  OF Course....
Tell me this..compared to how it was when the WOD started, and today, how much (by %) have we cut it? how many lives have not been trashed by keeping drugs out of users hands? how many families saved? Oh thats right all that shit and more still happens, its just a lot of it is now done by those fighting it.....and those who want to use........still use....so all that time/money/power/energy/destroyed lives/families..and its still happening....just as bad as if we had never tried....that is 100% PLUS  waste because not only did we waste all that stuff...but we also destroyed our Constitution in the process.....
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:50:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"it isn't 100% effective" isn't justification for getting rid of ANY law. There are still people doing EVERY type of act that is illegal, should we just legalize them all?
View Quote

Most of them.

Does it directly harm someone else?  If the answer is no, then legalize it.

Manufacturing distilled spirits, smoking marijuana, making any type of sbr, sbs, or full auto without registering it, selling raw milk to willing buyers, growing industrial hemp, possesing an AR-15 in northeast states, hell even growing coca leaves should all be legal.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:56:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You are in a dream world if you think the government will do it "right" and not make more laws.

More drug laws brings more LEOs. More laws and LEOs means higher taxes for people. Then you have to have secure dispensary buildings in every town in the USA. You also have to have armed guards to stop robberies.

I personally don't want my taxpayer money paying for more laws and for people to use more drugs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If done right? NO..if allowed to be done by who most likely would?  OF Course....
Tell me this..compared to how it was when the WOD started, and today, how much (by %) have we cut it? how many lives have not been trashed by keeping drugs out of users hands? how many families saved? Oh thats right all that shit and more still happens, its just a lot of it is now done by those fighting it.....and those who want to use........still use....so all that time/money/power/energy/destroyed lives/families..and its still happening....just as bad as if we had never tried....that is 100% PLUS  waste because not only did we waste all that stuff...but we also destroyed our Constitution in the process.....

You are in a dream world if you think the government will do it "right" and not make more laws.

More drug laws brings more LEOs. More laws and LEOs means higher taxes for people. Then you have to have secure dispensary buildings in every town in the USA. You also have to have armed guards to stop robberies.

I personally don't want my taxpayer money paying for more laws and for people to use more drugs.

So colorado and washinton have doubled their laws and police force? bull..But I will play..how do we fix it? how do we stop this massive destruction of society and the Constitution? surely you have the answer right?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Bloomberg and Gingrich both spoke highly of the (some say Draconian) laws in Singapore.  500 gr of MJ and you're eligible for the death penalty.  This is the way we used to think, harsh penalties save a lot more lives than mediocre rehab efforts.
View Quote

Maybe we should hold off on that until we get those penalities imposed for murder, rape, kidnapping, armed robbery, etc.
Then we can figure out if the potheads need killing too.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:02:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You tell me:

How has the War on Drugs impacted America's drug addiction problem?

Has it reduced the rate of drug abuse?

If so, by how much?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree....

Look into the eyes of a father that just found out his son is addicted to heroin and you will change your mind.

Weed and alcohol aren't that far apart but if you want to stop the fight against the harder stuff you need to see the reality of it.

I've seen people with drug problems. I still want to end the war against all drugs, even "hard" drugs.

The ethics of this country are going down the tubes... legalizing dope will only speed the flush

You tell me:

How has the War on Drugs impacted America's drug addiction problem?

Has it reduced the rate of drug abuse?

If so, by how much?

We are sooooo close to winning-maybe another 50 years and a couple trillion more dollars and it will be beat.

Just like the War on Poverty-you can't expect to win them overnight.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:04:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

<a href="http://imageshack.com/f/ghsvofj" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/593/svof.jpg</a>

We are sooooo close to winning-maybe another 50 years and a couple trillion more dollars and it will be beat.

View Quote

That graph pretty much answers the whole question...kind of proof that it won't work......
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:06:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I disagree....

Look into the eyes of a father that just found out his teenage son is addicted to heroin and you will change your mind.

Weed and alcohol aren't that far apart but if you want to stop the fight against the harder stuff you need to see the reality of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree....

Look into the eyes of a father that just found out his teenage son is addicted to heroin and you will change your mind.

Bullshit emotional non-argument is a non-argument.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They can't keep drugs out of prison.  And you expect to keep them out of a free country?  It's not going to happen.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:10:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Coke should be legal.

And bars should stay open later if it is made so.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:12:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree....

Look into the eyes of a father that just found out his teenage son was shot in a drive by with an AK47 and you will change your mind.

Flintlocks and semimaticassault weapons aren't that far apart,but we need to do something to curb the gun violence that is so prevalent on our streets.

Won't someone please think of the chiilins?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:13:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That graph pretty much answers the whole question...kind of proof that it won't work......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://imageshack.com/f/ghsvofj" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/593/svof.jpg</a>

Nah,we just aren't spending enough money to fight the problem.............
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:14:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

We are talking about all drugs here not just MJ.

Where did I say they doubled their laws?

I am talking about the federal government making more laws and having a bigger LE presence. You don't really think that the states are going to do this do you? Where do you think they will get the money to build and support the dispensaries? Who will make/grow the drugs? How much will that cost?

I don't know if there is a set way to fix it. I don't think life really works that way.

I suppose you could start with decriminalizing it and mandatory sentences w/ detox for drug user related crimes. After that who knows...maybe public canings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So colorado and washinton have doubled their laws and police force? bull..But I will play..how do we fix it? how do we stop this massive destruction of society and the Constitution? surely you have the answer right?

We are talking about all drugs here not just MJ.

Where did I say they doubled their laws?

I am talking about the federal government making more laws and having a bigger LE presence. You don't really think that the states are going to do this do you? Where do you think they will get the money to build and support the dispensaries? Who will make/grow the drugs? How much will that cost?

I don't know if there is a set way to fix it. I don't think life really works that way.

I suppose you could start with decriminalizing it and mandatory sentences w/ detox for drug user related crimes. After that who knows...maybe public canings.

Thats the point, you arnt going to ever fix it, or stop it, or anything else, so defund 90% of it, take some of that money and fund clinics to sell it in, those who become all out junkies, give it to them on site in a padded room  for free.. that should stop the robberies, thefts/violence, the distribution system, cartels/gangs/dealers, it should get them off the strew and safe while they do it, and it should be far cheaper then the WOD..take the rest of those funds, retire the excess PD , restore our rights, cut taxes with 1/2 of it and lower our debt with the other 1/2..iAt a minimum it is something different, it should still allow control over it, it will eliminate most of the involved crime and its better then another 80 years of WOD.....
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:15:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

99% of the chronic pot smokers that I've met are useless fucking idiots.  Every illicit drug user (beyond marijuana) usually has an addiction they eventually cannot afford anymore causing them to become a burden on society.  That demographic of hard drug user and the chronic weed toker take up way more than 10% of ALL drug users.  Prescription drug abusers eventually become societal burdens as well.  That's the unfortunate side effect of addiction.  Normal folks usually won't suck a dick for crack rock or a Lorcet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
....90 percent of the population who do choose to use drugs, can do so fairly responsibly.

Complete bullshit.  I got no problem with folks poisoning their own body with that crap.  I have a problem with how many people  in the addict's world that are negatively affected by the dipshit's poor choices and actions.

If you count all illegal drug use in the US, I'd bet the number of pot smokers that have never been so much as late to work because of it (not to mention never having been arrested) that the 90% figure is easily exceeded.

I'd wager there are more people abusing prescription medications in this country than there are irresponsible pot smokers.

99% of the chronic pot smokers that I've met are useless fucking idiots.  Every illicit drug user (beyond marijuana) usually has an addiction they eventually cannot afford anymore causing them to become a burden on society.  That demographic of hard drug user and the chronic weed toker take up way more than 10% of ALL drug users.  Prescription drug abusers eventually become societal burdens as well.  That's the unfortunate side effect of addiction.  Normal folks usually won't suck a dick for crack rock or a Lorcet.

"Normal" drug users wont either. Which is sort of the point of the article if you actually read it.

The question is whether the cost of criminalizing drug use is justified given the fact that people still use drugs largely unencumbered and given the price paid in individual liberty by both drug users and regular people. Seeing as how drug use and availability has held steady over time, the fact that drug addiction is a medical and psychological problem and thus cannot be solved via the legal system any more than depression can, and the large number of second and third order effects the WOD has on society from financial costs to loss of basic liberties for everyone, I dont see how you can reach the conclusion that the juice is worth the squeeze. You simply cant if you are willing to look at it rationally and dispassionately, but many cant or have a  vested interest in things staying the way they are.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:19:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I disagree....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree....

Look into the eyes of a parent who's child died from an accidental gunshot wound...

Same emotional bullshit.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, its not like opium, alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, etc have not been used for millennia.

Then you get a bunch of corrupt faggots in the government that made it a bloodbath monopoly in less than 90 years.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I hate the war on drugs, but that article is full of shit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I disagree....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree....

I see the eyes of people addicted to legal drugs all the time.  They have no problems getting them and we get to pay for it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:32:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I disagree....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree....

Also legal drugs consistently kill more than all other illegal drugs combined.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:34:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Addicts don't belong locked away on our dime I agree.

I choose not to hang out with anyone that uses drugs, or smokes weed, or can't control themselves when they have a drink.

Dealers on the other hand are the scum of the earth and prey upon society.
View Quote

LOL

You don't get out much.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:39:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
....90 percent of the population who do choose to use drugs, can do so fairly responsibly.

Complete bullshit.  I got no problem with folks poisoning their own body with that crap.  I have a problem with how many people  in the addict's world that are negatively affected by the dipshit's poor choices and actions.

If you count all illegal drug use in the US, I'd bet the number of pot smokers that have never been so much as late to work because of it (not to mention never having been arrested) that the 90% figure is easily exceeded.

I'd wager there are more people abusing prescription medications in this country than there are irresponsible pot smokers.

LOL
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:37:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

lol

who do you know who cant wait for drugs to be legal to use them?

the answer is no one if Joe wants to smoke pot he smokes it if he wants to shoot up some H he does that too.

soccer mom Suzy isn't an alcoholic and booze is cheap legal so shes not going to become a crack head because its legal.

the only winners of the WOD is the cartels and government.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree....

Look into the eyes of a father that just found out his son is addicted to heroin and you will change your mind.

I've seen people with drug problems. I still want to end the war against all drugs, even "hard" drugs.

The ethics of this country are going down the tubes... legalizing dope will only speed the flush

lol

the answer is no one if Joe wants to smoke pot he smokes it if he wants to shoot up some H he does that too.

soccer mom Suzy isn't an alcoholic and booze is cheap legal so shes not going to become a crack head because its legal.

Yep.

The inflation of pill prices caused my redneck old town in New Jersey to have a heroin problem. It's cheaper than Vicodin.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:43:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Amazing not surprising how many people here crave government control.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:45:02 AM EDT
[#33]
If you ask me we didn't try hard enough. Dope is stronger and more popular than ever. Too bad the government doesn't poison batches as it comes in from Colombia so as to kill off all the dopers in one swift swoop. I guarantee our country's drug problem would disappear over night and its productivity would skyrocket. Screw the dopers.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:13:49 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

If you ask me we didn't try hard enough. Dope is stronger and more popular than ever. Too bad the government doesn't poison batches as it comes in from Colombia so as to kill off all the dopers in one swift swoop. I guarantee our country's drug problem would disappear over night and its productivity would skyrocket. Screw the dopers.
View Quote

Wow.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:29:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuck yeah. US Government should totally murder civilians who break laws without trial! Freeedoommmmm!!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:31:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prohibition rocks!

Woohoo!

Wait......
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:33:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Fuck yeah. US Government should totally murder civilians who break laws without trial! Freeedoommmmm!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as I'm concerned the dope users would have done it to themselves. Who the hell would smoke something when you don't even know what's in it. It has no label. Part of the reason they're stupid in the first place, then the dope makes them even dumber.

Would you pick up something off the ground and just eat it not knowing where it came from? No? Then why would you smoke it. I rest my case.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:34:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Finally a man around here with some common sense. Amen brother.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:37:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I disagree....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree....

I'm sure nearly every parent who has lost a child to a DUI would mirror your concerns.

The average American would not agree this justifies outlawing alcohol.

The bad won't stop existing because it's illegal, and locking up folks who use won't end the supply.

Explain how Bob sitting in jail for possession has ruined his life any less than the detrimental effects of the drug use, itself?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:42:45 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

Do you think ethics in this country were better or worse in in 1915?  
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:45:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck yeah, poor me another IPA.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:58:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

As far as I'm concerned the dope users would have done it to themselves. Who the hell would smoke something when you don't even know what's in it. It has no label. Part of the reason they're stupid in the first place, then the dope makes them even dumber.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're trying to tell us you're on dope.

Congrats.  In less than 24 hours in two different threads you're posted some of the goddamned stupidest things I've read in GD in 14 years on this site.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:59:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I disagree....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree....

Here - let me change it for you so it makes more sense:

"We don't need more gun control"

"Look into the eyes of a father that just found out his teenage son has shot himself and you will change your mind."

Every time prohibition has failed. The NFA act we all hate? A direct result of the violence from the illegal alcohol trade. The War on Drugs has done more to deplete our civil liberties than any thing else.

Drugs, alcohol, and smoking aren't necessarily good for you, but everything we have tried keep people from self harm has done little to help them, and has affected everyone else negatively. Just like I shouldn't have to jump through any more hoops to buy a gun because someone might make the decision to kill themselves, there is NO reason at all we should be enforcing prohibition of drugs.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:05:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

FPNI

I don't think .gov should prevent a person from putting any substance in their body. Individual freedoms and all
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FPNI

I don't think .gov should prevent a person from putting any substance in their body. Individual freedoms and all

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:13:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Thankfully someone else gets it. For the millionth time people, potheads, pill poppers, shooters and the snorters do not do their drugs in a vacuum.
It spills over into all aspects of life, including into the innocent. Same will happen whether legal or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree....

Thankfully someone else gets it. For the millionth time people, potheads, pill poppers, shooters and the snorters do not do their drugs in a vacuum.
It spills over into all aspects of life, including into the innocent. Same will happen whether legal or not.

Exactly,, so why give up rights or tax dollars?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:16:34 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Read the article.

View Quote

Why would I read that.  You do know that reading is for fags??????

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:18:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I've got $1 says you are mistaken, and there's plenty of evidence around the world that backs up my position.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree....

I've got $1 says you are mistaken, and there's plenty of evidence around the world that backs up my position.

Anybody can cherry pick any "evidence" they want to "prove" their case. The global warming crowd is a leading case in point.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:28:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree....

lol

Actually one of the leading reasons I never tried drugs in college in the early 90s was knowing my future career would include a number of background checks that would preclude prior drug use. That fear of hurting my career ensured that my recreational pursuits did not include recreational drug use. Today? Shit, if I were in college today I'm pretty sure I would have tried it seeing as we've had several presidents since tht time who admitted openly using - and even dealing - it.

I'm pretty grateful quite frankly that it was illegal because it kept me from making a potentially bad decision when I was much younger and much more susceptible to bad influences. Today you could legalize it all and I'd have no interest whatsoever, but that's nearly 25 years later, and I'm lot more sure of who I am.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:39:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I disagree with the concept, ain't nobody dying from poisoned drugs that isn't using them voluntarily. Kind of hard to argue that they are in effect being sentenced without trial when thir actions (doing the illegal drug) is in effect a confession.

Government poisons illegal drugs, person taking illegal drugs is poisoned and dies, ergo person's death is proof of having committed the crime.

Still a really bad idea.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:58:46 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I disagree....

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I disagree....

Sorry, but you are somewhat incorrect.

I'll give you that "weed and alcohol aren't that far apart", but that is not what our kids are taught. It's beaten into their heads that drugs are evil. It starts at a very young age, and the lessons center, and begin, around pot. When they finally try it, a light goes off in their heads. They realize that it's not the demon they expected it to be. That then leads them to try more things that they were told is the "bogey man." Except this time, when it is no longer a joint, but a needle, the game doesn't end the same.

I'm sure you can figure out where I'm going with this. If not, maybe you should open your own eyes?

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top