BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The stormtrooper recruits in Season 1 were badass and could hit a tiny dot with their blasters while jumping around on moving platforms.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I only watched a few episodes of the first season.  

Couldn't get over how the Troopers were buffoons and the Rebels " all that, cool and they knew it ".

The stormtrooper incompetency is somewhat canon.

But why? Clone Troopers kicked ass.

Most of the Clone Troopers at this point are either dead or retired from old age. And the Emperor felt that he could have better control over an army made up of regular humans than rely on clones. Plus, the Imps felt it was cheaper to give some farm boy from Tatooine a blaster, some armor, and train him up for four months and them ship him off to his unit, than it was to train one clone trooper for ten years.

The stormtrooper recruits in Season 1 were badass and could hit a tiny dot with their blasters while jumping around on moving platforms.

Those were academy cadets and one was a Jedi padawan. Not run of the mill troopers.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:13:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Star Wars day interview with Vanessa Marshall, the voice actress for Hera.

Interview
View Quote

I've seen a couple of the interviews with the actors, and I'm impressed with how much fun they appear to be having, and how seriously they are taking their work.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Interview with Simon Kinberg.

link
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:55:49 AM EDT
[#5]
For those interested....there is a tie in comic series about Kanan at the time of Order 66 and afterward.

Title s Kanan: The Last Padawan
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:34:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I liked the Clone Wars series (except for the Mandalorian retcon, I liked what Traviss was doing in the books) but didn't really feel Rebels because it is an affront to the glory of the Empire.

I hope Vader kills carrot with a vagina. Ventress was better than Tano because of how she changed as the series went on while Tano's shift was rather sharp at he end.

Having not seen the first season of Rebels, why is Rex not serving the Empire? Vader was loved by the troops, why would what was his second in command turn? Was there some clone purge or something?
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 8:36:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I liked the Clone Wars series (except for the Mandalorian retcon, I liked what Traviss was doing in the books) but didn't really feel Rebels because it is an affront to the glory of the Empire.

I hope Vader kills carrot with a vagina. Ventress was better than Tano because of how she changed as the series went on while Tano's shift was rather sharp at he end.

Having not seen the first season of Rebels, why is Rex not serving the Empire? Vader was loved by the troops, why would what was his second in command turn? Was there some clone purge or something?
View Quote

I think it's because Rex and his pals discovered that chip implanted in their heads, and in particular Rex feels guilty for letting Fives down in the first place. Or so I imagine...
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#8]
New promotional art for Season 2

Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

She is a bad ass when it comes to saber play.  I don't see Vader doing it, just because they have history and he might not be able to take her in a straight up saber fight.  

They got a lot of fan mail on Ahsoka, so if they kill her off, people are going to be pissed.  Ventress, ya, lets let Ahsoka or Vader, cut her head off Count Dooku style.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was hoping Ahsoka would become at least semi-regular, looks like I got my wish. I guess she kept her sabers after quitting the Jedi order. The introduction of Darth Vader is going to be really cool. I wonder if Ahsoka will know that it's Anakin. When she quit she told him she knew he was losing faith in the Jedi. Who ever would have thought a kid's show would have such a large adult following? I know it took me a long time to even give Clone Wars a chance, but my nerdlinger friends kept telling me to watch it, so I finally did, and got hooked.

I'm pretty stoked for this new season.

Vader will likely kill Ahsoka during a season finale. I expect Ventress to show up as well....and die also.
Star Wars Rebels is ok, but I think the Clone Wars was better.

She is a bad ass when it comes to saber play.  I don't see Vader doing it, just because they have history and he might not be able to take her in a straight up saber fight.  

They got a lot of fan mail on Ahsoka, so if they kill her off, people are going to be pissed.  Ventress, ya, lets let Ahsoka or Vader, cut her head off Count Dooku style.

The thing is, though, Ahsoka will probably not live, due to the fact that she does not appear in the original films.

Her death will probably give more meaning to Luke redeeming his father, however.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:54:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I just started watching it toward the end of last season.
Season two looks pretty good.
View Quote

Same. But luckily I had my DVR to record every episode and I found an episode list online. Turned out I had all the episodes so I marathoned them one weekend. I can't wait for Season 2. I think there is a special on this Saturday night.

I also like how they went with the Ralph McQuarrie version of Vader.

Off to ebay to buy the other boxed sets of Clone Wars I'm missing.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:58:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Same. But luckily I had my DVR to record every episode and I found an episode list online. Turned out I had all the episodes so I marathoned them one weekend. I can't wait for Season 2. I think there is a special on this Saturday night.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What time?

Link Posted: 6/16/2015 8:02:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What time?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What time?

Season 2 premiers 21:00 on Saturday, June 20th.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 8:13:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gotcha. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:01:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Gotcha. Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha. Thanks.

No problem. I'm completely stoked for the second season. I thought the first was pretty good. It had it's weak moments but overall it was pretty good.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No problem. I'm completely stoked for the second season. I thought the first was pretty good. It had it's weak moments but overall it was pretty good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha. Thanks.

I may be wrong...but I don't think they are doing the season starting then...I think they are throwing us a bone and the rest will start showing later in the year.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I may be wrong...but I don't think they are doing the season starting then...I think they are throwing us a bone and the rest will start showing later in the year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha. Thanks.

That may very well be. I'm being hopeful it is though. I've had nothing to watch since Arrow, The Flash, Gotham ended their seasons.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:11:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That may very well be. I'm being hopeful it is though. I've had nothing to watch since Arrow, The Flash, Gotham ended their seasons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha. Thanks.

You would think with how popular those are....along with Agents of SHIELD....DC and Marvel would have developed shows for year round new episodes.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I hope they don't.  This putting out one show, then waiting a month or so until continuing the season is stupid.  I almost stopped watching the first season because they took a big break in the middle, making me think they ended the season.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 3:16:07 PM EDT
[#19]
A clip from the Premiere was just posted.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I hope they don't.  This putting out one show, then waiting a month or so until continuing the season is stupid.  I almost stopped watching the first season because they took a big break in the middle, making me think they ended the season.
View Quote

I hope they do not as well.

Regardless, this should be a good season.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have been watching this with my 9 & 5 yo girls on Disney. The older one loves it. I had never heard of it before. I have my oldest convinced that she needs to see the original movies, but now I cant find them anywhere and apparently expensive for nearly 40 yo movies.
View Quote

Mine are 10 and 7 and had the same outcome.  The only original set I have is the Goddardmn updates version with new anakin ghost.  We still watched it
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#22]
To Darth Vader kicking Rebel ass. Long live the Empire!
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Is this going to be up on the net right away?

I cut the cable long ago.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#24]
After watching season one, and all Star Wars stuff from here on is canon, it is confirmed that all stormtroopers are Steve Blum or at least clones of him.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I believe so.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 1:02:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
After watching season one, and all Star Wars stuff from here on is canon, it is confirmed that all stormtroopers are Steve Blum or at least clones of him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

As long as they didn't clone Spike Spiegel , the Rebels have a chance.

Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe so.

Good news if true.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks like according to the Star Wars Wiki, Mando'a is now a official canon language.

I honestly thought that was one of the better things Traviss did for the Mandos in SW.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Last season the episodes were on iTunes within a day or two of Broadcast.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Last season the episodes were on iTunes within a day or two of Broadcast.
View Quote

I don't have iTunes, but my Youtube account does allow me to download them. For a price, of course.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Season 2 will have 20+ episodes and Sarah Michelle Gellar will be in it....don't know who she is voicing.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 2:34:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Season 2 will have 20+ episodes and Sarah Michelle Gellar will be in it....don't know who she is voicing.
View Quote

Thank God.

Season One was far too short for a season with thirty minute episodes in it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 6:57:05 PM EDT
[#32]
It's already hinted that the distrust Kanan has for Rex is mutual.

Might be due to Krell in the CW and what Anakin did in SW:EP3.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Less than twelve hours to go before the season premiere!
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#34]
I originally dvrd this for the kids but got to say I loved it
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Can't seem to live stream it on my Youtube account.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 10:44:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Great episode. The kids loved it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was....and we got to see a certain Sith Lord live up to his reputation.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I don't know about you, but this season actually looks much better than the first, already, in my humble opinion.

Especially love that they brought a few badasses back along for the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8GjpGK98A

View Quote

i'm a fan
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is also part of the new canon and all those great books I read are now "legend". But I have to admit some of the EU shit was getting a bit ridiculous.

Yeah the EU started getting more "star trekki".  Although Rebels was decent, they were totally ripping off the Firefly idea.
And firefly was ripping of the Traveller role playing game, which Joss Whedon played in college.    

Your point is?

Booya!

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx116/MVolkJ1975/Stuff/traveller.jpg

Yeah, I'm old.
Fuckin' A.....some of the most entertaining gaming I ever did too.

OGRE and Car Wars was some fun shit too...

Link Posted: 6/20/2015 11:12:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Once Kallus told Tua that Lord Vader and he would manage in her absence, I knew that she was dead.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 11:52:22 PM EDT
[#41]
You know, for burning that village to the ground, Vader was surprisingly lenient when he just had the villagers imprisoned.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:06:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Totally forgot about this last night. Good thing I had it DVR'd. What an awesome episode. When Ashoka (sp?) sensed Anakin was sweet. I thought for sure she was going to tell then at the end.

I thought Vader killed everyone in Tarkin Town. At least he killed everyone in the EU.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Totally forgot about this last night. Good thing I had it DVR'd. What an awesome episode. When Ashoka (sp?) sensed Anakin was sweet. I thought for sure she was going to tell them at the end.

I thought Vader killed everyone in Tarkin Town. At least he killed everyone in the EU.
View Quote

That was a good call on the part of the writers as it's better character development that have that chip on her shoulder.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Totally forgot about this last night. Good thing I had it DVR'd. What an awesome episode. When Ashoka (sp?) sensed Anakin was sweet. I thought for sure she was going to tell then at the end.

View Quote

I think he had a good many of them killed, and the rest enslaved.

I wonder what the Emperor wants with that planet so badly.

My guess is that it has something to do with the Death Star.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote

Same here.

Link Posted: 6/21/2015 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
At least he killed everyone in the EU.
View Quote

He also slaughtered most of his friends in the Jedi Temple, including a bunch of kids whom had looked up to him, in Episode 3.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:58:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who says Vader was loved by the troops?  Skywalker was, but everything I've ever seen people are scared shitless of Vader, or they think he's Tarkin's lapdog.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 12:01:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Who says Vader was loved by the troops?  Skywalker was, but everything I've ever seen people are scared shitless of Vader, or they think he's Tarkin's lapdog.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And his second in command turned because Rex figured out about the inhibitor chip from Fives.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 12:04:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Materials for the Death Star.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 12:08:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which I found to be a colossal waste of money.

Imagine how many Star Destroyers they could have built, how many troops they could have raised and trained, how many weapons and ships they could have manufactured, all if they didn't sink a hundred trillion credits into that battlestation.

Hell, they could have put a ship destroying superlaser on a Super Star Destroyer like they did in the Legends portion of the EU, and it still would have been far cheaper than the hulking moon sized battlestation.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top