Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 4/23/2015 10:39:26 PM EDT
I don't know about you, but this season actually looks much better than the first, already, in my humble opinion.

Especially love that they brought a few badasses back along for the fight.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:05:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#2]
That certainly looks better than the first season!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I was hoping Ahsoka would become at least semi-regular, looks like I got my wish. I guess she kept her sabers after quitting the Jedi order. The introduction of Darth Vader is going to be really cool. I wonder if Ahsoka will know that it's Anakin. When she quit she told him she knew he was losing faith in the Jedi. Who ever would have thought a kid's show would have such a large adult following? I know it took me a long time to even give Clone Wars a chance, but my nerdlinger friends kept telling me to watch it, so I finally did, and got hooked.

I'm pretty stoked for this new season.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:41:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know how to feel about this...
How decent is this show?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:42:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How decent is this show?
View Quote

Where can one find it?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:50:34 PM EDT
[#6]
By watching the preview in the OP, one would find out that it is on Disney XD.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:01:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought the first season was solid - but not great. This looks very interesting...
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:53:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was hoping Ahsoka would become at least semi-regular, looks like I got my wish. I guess she kept her sabers after quitting the Jedi order. The introduction of Darth Vader is going to be really cool. I wonder if Ahsoka will know that it's Anakin. When she quit she told him she knew he was losing faith in the Jedi. Who ever would have thought a kid's show would have such a large adult following? I know it took me a long time to even give Clone Wars a chance, but my nerdlinger friends kept telling me to watch it, so I finally did, and got hooked.

View Quote

Vader will likely kill Ahsoka during a season finale.  I expect Ventress to show up as well....and die also.

Star Wars Rebels is ok, but I think the Clone Wars was better.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 11:57:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Bump, because I want to see more of the old gang (aka Rex, Wolfe, and Gregor kicking ass and taking names.)
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool show. I watch it with my 10 yr old.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Was that Hondo in there?
Why is Rex fat?

Might watch it for Ahsoka.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Where can one find it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How decent is this show?

Where can one find it?
Amazon on demand

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Amazon on demand  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How decent is this show?

Where can one find it?
Amazon on demand  

It's on Disney channel, I believe, and also on iTunes.

You guys who say you like Clone Wars better are comparing that show after it hit its stride (second-third season) to Rebels. There's been a lot of character establishment in the first season. I expect it will definitely be better as it goes on. All the pieces are in place.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I just started watching it toward the end of last season.
Season two looks pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I liked that season 1 was all new characters.  I don't want to see Clone Wars season 9 or whatever.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You guys who say you like Clone Wars better are comparing that show after it hit its stride (second-third season) to Rebels. There's been a lot of character establishment in the first season. I expect it will definitely be better as it goes on. All the pieces are in place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How decent is this show?

Where can one find it?
Amazon on demand  

Agreed.  Clone Wars took 3 seasons to really come into it's own.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#17]
It is also part of the new canon and all those great books I read are now "legend". But I have to admit some of the EU shit was getting a bit ridiculous.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It is also part of the new canon and all those great books I read are now "legend". But I have to admit some of the EU shit was getting a bit ridiculous.

View Quote

Yeah the EU started getting more "star trekki".  Although Rebels was decent, they were totally ripping off the Firefly idea.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I have been watching this with my 9 & 5 yo girls on Disney. The older one loves it. I had never heard of it before. I have my oldest convinced that she needs to see the original movies, but now I cant find them anywhere and apparently expensive for nearly 40 yo movies.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Was that Hondo in there?
Why is Rex fat?

Might watch it for Ahsoka.
View Quote

Yeah, kind of surprised to see Rex let himself go like that.  

Oh well, it just means that he can be another ARFCOMMER!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Rex? Ahsoka? Okay, I'm in.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:41:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Yeah the EU started getting more "star trekki".  Although Rebels was decent, they were totally ripping off the Firefly idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And firefly was ripping of the Traveller role playing game, which Joss Whedon played in college.  

Your point is?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:48:19 PM EDT
[#23]
And since this is obviously a thread for Star Wars nerds, is anyone else dreading how long this summer is going to be?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:49:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
And firefly was ripping of the Traveller role playing game, which Joss Whedon played in college.    

Your point is?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your point is?

WOah woah calm down just making an observation!
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Your point is?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your point is?

Booya!

Yeah, I'm old.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Marc held a kickstarter a few years ago and put out 5th Edition.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

She built new ones with white blades.

Current rumor is the unmasked female inquisitor is Barriss.

Also check You Tube by searching star wars celebration 2015 and there a multiple clips that were shown that are interesting such as Hera test flying the B-Wing and Hondo and Ezra on an adventure.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:14:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be my uneducated guess as well.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Awesome!

Rex got old!

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Also check You Tube by searching star wars celebration 2015 and there a multiple clips that were shown that are interesting such as Hera test flying the B-Wing and Hondo and Ezra on an adventure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's also a clip of Gregor using Zeb as bait for a giant sand-worm.

Gregor went nuts after getting blown up so many damned times.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#31]
I still haven't seen season 1. Any chance it'll make it to Netflix?
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Interview with Tiya Sircar, the voice actress for Sabine.

Link Posted: 4/24/2015 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Glad to see Vader kicking ass
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:30:14 PM EDT
[#35]
bump.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm jazzed, this looks good. Will Ventress return as well? One can hope...
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm jazzed, this looks good. Will Ventress return as well? One can hope...
View Quote

Have to see if she survives the Dark Disciple novel coming out soon.  Based on unproduced Clone Wars episodes.  Her and Quinlan Vos going after Dooku.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#38]
I only watched a few episodes of the first season.  

Couldn't get over how the Troopers were buffoons and the Rebels " all that, cool and they knew it ".
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Booya!

<a href="http://s747.photobucket.com/user/MVolkJ1975/media/Stuff/traveller.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx116/MVolkJ1975/Stuff/traveller.jpg</a>

Yeah, I'm old.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your point is?

Booya!

<a href="http://s747.photobucket.com/user/MVolkJ1975/media/Stuff/traveller.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx116/MVolkJ1975/Stuff/traveller.jpg</a>

Yeah, I'm old.

Me too.  Played that back in the 70's.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Couldn't get over how the Troopers were buffoons and the Rebels " all that, cool and they knew it ".
View Quote

The stormtrooper incompetency is somewhat canon.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But why? Clone Troopers kicked ass.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of the Clone Troopers at this point are either dead or retired from old age. And the Emperor felt that he could have better control over an army made up of regular humans than rely on clones. Plus, the Imps felt it was cheaper to give some farm boy from Tatooine a blaster, some armor, and train him up for four months and them ship him off to his unit, than it was to train one clone trooper for ten years.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can stream them all here today for free.  http://www.starwars.com/video

They are all around 25 minutes.  First one was about 1hr.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Most of the Clone Troopers at this point are either dead or retired from old age. And the Emperor felt that he could have better control over an army made up of regular humans than rely on clones. Plus, the Imps felt it was cheaper to give some farm boy from Tatooine a blaster, some armor, and train him up for four months and them ship him off to his unit, than it was to train one clone trooper for ten years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The stormtrooper recruits in Season 1 were badass and could hit a tiny dot with their blasters while jumping around on moving platforms.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#45]
My son is so excited for this. Truth be told I'm looking foward to it too.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I thought the first season was solid - but not great. This looks very interesting...
View Quote
As an adult that grew up with the original Star Wars films, I have to agree. But my son (10 year old) really likes the show and it was fun sitting and watching it with him, which to me is what made it that much more enjoyable. He (and I) are also really excited about the new movie coming out this December. I don't think he would have been as "into" Star Wars had this show not come along when it did.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:15:23 PM EDT
[#47]
I watch it with my son (5 yrs old). We're looking forward to Season 2. Looks good.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:43:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The stormtrooper recruits in Season 1 were badass and could hit a tiny dot with their blasters while jumping around on moving platforms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly!

There is some severe discontinuity going on with the competency of STs.

BTW, I'm up to E07 now. Thanks for the link ziegenbock.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 2:43:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Vader will likely kill Ahsoka during a season finale. I expect Ventress to show up as well....and die also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vader will likely kill Ahsoka during a season finale. I expect Ventress to show up as well....and die also.

She is a bad ass when it comes to saber play.  I don't see Vader doing it, just because they have history and he might not be able to take her in a straight up saber fight.  

They got a lot of fan mail on Ahsoka, so if they kill her off, people are going to be pissed.  Ventress, ya, lets let Ahsoka or Vader, cut her head off Count Dooku style.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Star Wars day interview with Vanessa Marshall, the voice actress for Hera.

Interview
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top