Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Interesting it's being grown for cancer research
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here is the 2.8 million hp56. Video at link. Vomit warning.
http://www.chilefoundry.com/2015/03/27/hp56-death-strain-is-this-the-next-world-record-holder/

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is there really a difference at this point of insane heat?
View Quote

No, it's just chest thumping public masochism at that point.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I know a buddy made salsa with scorpion butch T peppers and the majority of us at work simply couldn't handle it. A guy went home early, a guy called in the next day another guy was in the break room with his shirt off laying on the tile floor because he said it seemed like the right thing to do and another guy was screaming in the bathroom. No way in fuck would I eat these motherfuckers.
View Quote

What the hell is it with people who do this stuff? The old manly penis-measuring thing? I can eat a hotter pepper than you? It just doesn't compute to me why people put this EVIL stuff in their bodies. I had some curry years ago that made my sphincter sore for two days afterwards. Now why in the hell would I want to do that again? It's just weird...  
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#5]
local garden place sells lots of these super hot peppers
I dont get it
I like the flavor of serrano peppers and habaneros but anything past that is a no for me

only time I liked any of them was just because it was mixed with something else
it was a ghost pepper barbecue sauce.... insanely good
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Really, they're getting outta hand with this shit as for me. I like hot, Japaleeno is usually good enough. I don't really need to puke liquid fire for the rest of the night or spend the next morning dropping hot coals into the toilet or go to the E.R. and beg for something to put me out of my misery to enjoy a bowl of chili.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Okay, as a extreme hot aficionado I just don't see the draw that these peppers have.

I'm a big fan of the Habanero and like to eat one a day, Savinas are my absolute favorite! The Raspberry taste is awesome.

But Ghost peppers have a flavor that reminds me of gasoline. They're nasty as fuck and hot in a way that just makes me go, "Yuck..." It's like a bitter, back of the tongue nastiness that tells me that I've ingested bumper stripper. No idea why anyone would voluntarily eat those disgusting things. At least with Habaneros, they've got a delicious flavor. Ghost chilies are nasty.

The Carolina Reaper is a little better, as in, smells slightly better, it's a little more like dandelion with a hint of car exhaust, but they too taste like shit and they have that long lasting hot that seems to last all fucking day. Interestingly enough, they *WILL* make your pee hot. So that was an interesting side effect. Hotter than fuck though. But if that's what you're looking for, shit, I'll just give you a can of Skydrol and let you take a hit of that...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will try it

Okay, as a extreme hot aficionado I just don't see the draw that these peppers have.

I'm a big fan of the Habanero and like to eat one a day, Savinas are my absolute favorite! The Raspberry taste is awesome.

But Ghost peppers have a flavor that reminds me of gasoline. They're nasty as fuck and hot in a way that just makes me go, "Yuck..." It's like a bitter, back of the tongue nastiness that tells me that I've ingested bumper stripper. No idea why anyone would voluntarily eat those disgusting things. At least with Habaneros, they've got a delicious flavor. Ghost chilies are nasty.

The Carolina Reaper is a little better, as in, smells slightly better, it's a little more like dandelion with a hint of car exhaust, but they too taste like shit and they have that long lasting hot that seems to last all fucking day. Interestingly enough, they *WILL* make your pee hot. So that was an interesting side effect. Hotter than fuck though. But if that's what you're looking for, shit, I'll just give you a can of Skydrol and let you take a hit of that...

You can coax out a little more flavor by slow sauteeing the peppers in a little oil with a little salt. Takes the harshness out and spreads the heat into the oil so whatever you cook gets the flavor and heat well distrubuted
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My favorite use for super hots thus far is to dry them, put them in a blender filled 50/50 with kosher salt. The end product is put in a shaker to use on tacos. I've got all my coworkers hooked on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I grow Reapers, Morugas, Butch Ts, Ghosts, etc. At this point, the heat of the pepper has more to do with the growing conditions than the strain of the plant.

I pickle mine and feed them to drunks for stunt.

My favorite use for super hots thus far is to dry them, put them in a blender filled 50/50 with kosher salt. The end product is put in a shaker to use on tacos. I've got all my coworkers hooked on it.

I'm going to give that a try.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I grow Reapers, Morugas, Butch Ts, Ghosts, etc. At this point, the heat of the pepper has more to do with the growing conditions than the strain of the plant.

I pickle mine and feed them to drunks for stunt.

That is a good fucking idea!

Thanks for that one!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I know a buddy made salsa with scorpion butch T peppers and the majority of us at work simply couldn't handle it. A guy went home early, a guy called in the next day another guy was in the break room with his shirt off laying on the tile floor because he said it seemed like the right thing to do and another guy was screaming in the bathroom. No way in fuck would I eat these motherfuckers.
View Quote

Was your buddy just eating them like nothing?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.chilefoundry.com/2015/03/27/hp56-death-strain-is-this-the-next-world-record-holder/

https://youtu.be/UL74OL-q2vY

Good God.

WHY?!?!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Good God.

WHY?!?!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/UL74OL-q2vY

Good God.

WHY?!?!

Why? Because food isn't properly seasoned unless it's painful to eat.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No.  Two drops of 7.1 million Scoville U extract laid me out for 6 hours.  Sweat dripping from my brow running into my eyes burned.  Vomit, and there was lots of that, was like Tabasco sauce.  Urinating was like pissing fire.  And the rest?  Well, it cauterized my obama hole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can eat jalapeno poppers like it's nobody's business.  I doubt these so called 'death' peppers will be a problem for me.
No.  Two drops of 7.1 million Scoville U extract laid me out for 6 hours.  Sweat dripping from my brow running into my eyes burned.  Vomit, and there was lots of that, was like Tabasco sauce.  Urinating was like pissing fire.  And the rest?  Well, it cauterized my obama hole.

Dayum.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I really lime chili pequins.  That is about as hot as I can go, but someone gave me some ghost peppers that were dried. Cut the tip off one.  Meh.  Cut deeper and the little slice was omfg holy fuck someone save me!!!  I now take 2-3 of the peppers and dice them up and mix them with pickles or olives.   Nice bite and heat, but I am not sweating when I am eating them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:50:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I made a batch of chili last year with ONE trinidad scorpion pepper in it. It was perfect.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:59:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I told someone once, "If I had an icicle, I'd have used it!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can eat jalapeno poppers like it's nobody's business.  I doubt these so called 'death' peppers will be a problem for me.

I told someone once, "If I had an icicle, I'd have used it!"

I always wondered if it's possible to get an enema... of Novocaine.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#18]
tag for hilarity
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You can coax out a little more flavor by slow sauteeing the peppers in a little oil with a little salt. Takes the harshness out and spreads the heat into the oil so whatever you cook gets the flavor and heat well distrubuted
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will try it

Yeah - where do you get your ghost peppers?  I get mine from Sonoran Spice company and they've got some of the best flavor I've ever tasted in a chili.  It's like chipotle meets grapefruits.  Absolutely awesome, no bitterness... Just delicious.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah - where do you get your ghost peppers?  I get mine from Sonoran Spice company and they've got some of the best flavor I've ever tasted in a chili.  It's like chipotle meets grapefruits.  Absolutely awesome, no bitterness... Just delicious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will try it

I grow them

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Isn't the world record belong to Chocolate Bhutlah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvdjBtw-XbE

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I grow reapers, Douglahs, naga vipers, bhut jolokias,  jalapeños, cerranos, tobascos, habanero and scorpions. I like to dry them all and grind them them up in coffer grinder and put them in pepper shakers. The mix is hot but doesn't kill you if taken in moderation.
View Quote

This.
I have eaten a lot of ghost peppers, cooked IN food. I never tried to just eat a pepper. I think they add a nice flavor to food, but I am not trying to be a bad ass. I put PART of a ghost pepper in something I am cooking. Usually red beans + rice or something with rice.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

HAVE A GOOD DAY

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I like spicy stuff. Like habanero. But this kind of thing I just don't understand.
View Quote

I eat at least a quart of Jalapenos per week with Habaneros or Serranos mixed.  I don't get this Ghost Pepper and beyond shit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks for the reminder. I need to order some Reaper seeds for my 12 yr old daughter.
She is an asbestos mouth and after Ghost chili salsa wanted to grow her own. Looking for seeds I stumbled on the reaper.

I like spicy but I learned long ago I am no match for the sickly hot. A ripe orange Habenaro in one bite taught me my lesson.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

HAVE A GOOD DAY

https://youtu.be/OvdjBtw-XbE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HAVE A GOOD DAY

https://youtu.be/OvdjBtw-XbE

Raiders fan.to boot.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:41:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I eat at least a quart of Jalapenos per week with Habaneros or Serranos mixed.  I don't get this Ghost Pepper and beyond shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like spicy stuff. Like habanero. But this kind of thing I just don't understand.

I have quite a few Indian (dot) coworkers and their tolerance for spicy foods is unbelievable.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top