Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/14/2015 9:37:55 PM EDT
Seeing the CL posting below made me realize I have had some horrible dealings thanks to that website.  

Here is one that stands out.

I had a lawn tractor for sale for on CL for $2000 with a snowblower, it was a bargain.  No one wanted it.  I lowered the price, and lowered it again, and then again.  I was at just $1200 and no one was contacting me.  We got a huge snowstorm and the interest suddenly goes through the roof.  But not in the, "I will take it" kind of interest.  

More of the, "I have an 86 Caprice Classic, a Bantam Rooster, and a 6 slice toaster.  Will you trade?" kind of interest.  Even though the ad clearly states NO TRADES.  I kindly respond to all of those types of responses with no thanks not interested.  

Then the forecast calls for another huge snowstorm, a guy texts me and says he will take it tomorrow if I will take $1000 cash money.  I am so sick of dealing with it at this point I say it is yours.  Somehow he can't make it tomorrow but I say I will hold it.  We get slammed with snow the next day and my phone just BLOWS UP.  Calls and texts like crazy, offer after offer of $1200 (my asking price) right this minute.  I respond to every one and tell them it is on hold but if the deal falls through I will let them know immediately.

The guys keeps coming up with excuses for an entire month of why he can't get up to pick it up.  And I stupidly hold it for him and turn cash away.

After a full 30 days of me holding it he shows up at my house amazingly.  We load up the tractor and all the massive amount of shit I have with it.  Then when it is time for him to pay he says, I know we agreed on $1000 but could we do $850?

I look the guy straight in the eye and say, "Are you fucking kidding me?  Take that fucking thing off the trailer right now, you aren't getting it."  He gets all defensive and gives me the I had to ask speech.  I tell him to give me $1000 and beat it.

He leaves looking like a little puppy dog.

I should probably be thankful he showed up at all, but for crying out loud.  I won't make that mistake again.

I know there are some other good stories out there.  Let's hear 'em!
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:40:41 PM EDT
[#1]
This douche wanted to buy a bike from me, I told him ot was first-come first-served, and he kept texting me that it would take him a while to get here, and I'm like "Bro, first-come, ya dig?" because everyone says that shit then they never show, and so when someone showed up with the money, I sold it. Then, because I'm considerate, I texted him to let him know, and now he's all pissed off on the internet.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This douche wanted to buy a bike from me, I told him ot was first-come first-served, and he kept texting me that it would take him a while to get here, and I'm like "Bro, first-come, ya dig?" because everyone says that shit then they never show, and so when someone showed up with the money, I sold it. Then, because I'm considerate, I texted him to let him know, and now he's all pissed off on the internet.
View Quote

Haha, awesome, you did a spinoff of a spinoff!  You win.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]
So you want to sell something....

And only want to deal with perfect customers....?

Now you know how all those business owners feel ever single day.

And why good quality sales people are worth thier weight in gold.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#4]
All I ever get is "is this still for sale" and then get no response.
If I do get a response they usually disappear after an email or two.
I've sold a few things over the years but it's had to be cheap and it was always a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:45:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Selling a welder on CL, asking 250 but I would accept a 200 offer. Best offer I got was 150 and a whole bunch of contact but nothing solid. This guy offers a firearm, tell him to add cash. He says 50 bucks added. Deal.

Shows up, and the dumbass only has 20$ bills. Asks if I have change, which I don't. I've been in this situation before and usually the guy just gives me the extra ten. This guy wanted to drive to the nearest store to make change. Oh well, the gas station is only an 1/8 mile down the road. Moral of the story: show up with the exact amount you agreed upon.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Four groups of Mexican men show up at the same time for a clean Toyota pickup.

Let your imagination run wild.

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#7]
i have about a thousand emails asking "whats the lowest you will take" *delete*

post on cl enough and you get good at screening people that will actually buy your shit
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:55:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I got made fun of for one of my posts but seriously guys I need to get rid of all this imitation crab meat.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:57:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I sold some photography flashes on  Craigslist one time, asked 650 for the pair when I paid like 800 and only used them less that a handful  of times. Dude emails me and tells me he would only give me $100 because that brand is a piece of crap. Told him to pound sand. Another asked me why he should buy mine when he can get brand new ones for only $150 more, told him go ahead and wait the for the 3 months it takes to get them from the manufacturer. Same guy ended buying them for full asking price. Sold a car got a bunch of lowball offers, I also get a lot of scamming emails when ever I post expensive stuff for sale.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#10]
A guy had just started doing lawns and wanted to buy some 1 year old equipment i was selling.

I lived in north salt lake, utah. He lived in salt lake city which is 1 or 2 miles away. 3 different days he couldnt find my fucking shop. I kept telling him that he was in the northern part of salt lake city and i was in the town of north salt lake. I gave him exact directions from where he was at atleast 5 times. He never could find it.

I could not get it through his head that north salt lake and the northern part of salt lake city are not the same place. He said he grew up there. Everyone there knows this. What a moron.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a local gun trader website I use sometimes. I had a guy selling a lower reciever for an AR (spikes zombie). It was a decent price and i wanted to build a zombie rifle for fun. I called the guy and we set up a time to meet near his house. He lived about 45min away and he lowered the price a little for my drive. I was literally right down the street from where we were going to meet. I called him to let him know and he said "sorry man I just sold it" I was so pissed but didnt give him the pleasure of a rant. I just told him "i guess its not meant to be then, thanks alot" and hung up. Yeah i know I could have reemed the guy out for being a complete douche but honestly, people like that aren't worth my blood pressure rising. you have to take it like it is. It's always a risk when you set up a meeting with complete stranger....

That  guy is still an ass hole though
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:05:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I had 6 bicycles, all in great shape, but we all had just purchased new bikes.   They were in the one storage garage I have for a year or two and I wanted them gone.... wife said to set them out with the trash... I thought I'd rather see them get use as some had barely ever been ridden, and all were in great shape.... I put an ad on craigslist in the free section with pics and my phone number to text me... I posted the ad and walked out of the office for a meeting.  I guess it takes a few minutes for the ad to show up, because I'm just getting to my clients and I start getting about 10 different numbers per minute texting me about the damn bikes.  Then calls out the ass.  I must have received 200-300 texts and about 40 phone calls in the hour I was in the meeting.

dumbass
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Your agent is welcome to pick up the car, as long as they show up with cash.  Now, why would you want to buy a car you've never seen?
View Quote
I honestly have a few friends who do that regularly.  Seems crazy to me, but it is fairly normal.

Good photos and CarFax seems to help.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:09:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I just threw in the towel after trying to sell my Silverado 4X4 LTZ on CL

One guy wanted me to give him my title and reg. before buying it, so he could take it to his "credit union". I said that was fine, but I then asked him to provide me with his credit unions reps' name, business number, and e-mail. Dude sent me a text bailing, claiming that there was a family emergency

Second dude said the same thing, except he did provide me with a legitimate credit union e-mail. Next morning, the guy then claimed the bank manager wouldn't allow copies for the title transfer and that I would have to meet him in person 45 miles away at his branch location. He said he would drive me back home. Deal, right? Then the nightmare unfolds and his excuses about why he can't take me back, that he needs a car asap, has to go "up north for a funeral" and wont be back for a week. I said fuck it, called his credit union myself, acted like a member, and was informed by a seasoned employee that auto loan transfers only need the VIN, make/model, mileage and whether title is clean or salvage; then the branch would mail me my check for the full amount. I found this out after this dude was insanely adamant about being unable to meet anywhere else. I called him out on it after ignoring his 50 texts/calls since he woudn't stop calling. He called the bank rep a liar and tried to play dumb. I said fuck off and good luck. The guy calls back AGAIN asking for the reps name. I tell him and hang up. Then a female from the bank, allegedly, calls and asks for the persons name again, acting like she's looking it up. I just hung up

Third dude had me meet him at a local mechanic.The mechanic was making so many bullshit calls, saying the front bumper was repainted ("I've been working on cars for 20 years"), the carpet is way too clean for this year ("it must've been in a flood and they had it replaced"), kept repeating the mileage was 90k when the digital odometer said 70,200, and worst of all proclaimed "the front axle sensors are way off, there is no way this truck will pass smog" -- the truck passed smog less than 24 hours before that LOL

Fourth was a scammer company asking to provide selling services for a fee (online scammer reports indicate the company the company charges and doesnt provide), called them out several times and they would hang up and block my call lol. About six different people (all sounded like shady street thugs) called before and after.

Fucking DONE with Craigslist for selling cars.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Sold an outboard motor yesterday on Craigslist, as a matter of fact.

Lots of lowballers, like waaaaay less than half price.
1 guy offered a price then accused me of stealing it when I rejected his offer then proceeded to email stalk me and send me loooooog rant emails. I just started replying with how much I loved him and we should meet up cause I want to be close to him...shut him off quick.  
Then there was a guy that wanted me to drive the boat motor way across town. I suggested we meet at a location in between the both of us. Crickets.

Finally a dude bought it, full asking price.

It's just craigslist.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:14:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
Had the same thing happen 250 cr,guy was crazzzzy

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:15:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I've been looking for a 6" jointer on CL for a while. Ones in decent condition seem to go fast in my area. It's a Friday night and I was looking through the tool section and I see a good deal on a Jet jointer. I email the dude, is it still available? Yep, sure is. He says texts are better for him. Ok. So I send a text on a few questions (horsepower, number of knives). Get a quick reply back with info. Everything looks sounds good so I give the "I'll take it". Seller confirms and we setup a time to meet the next morning since it was already getting late. I get up next morning and send a quick text of "we still on". Seller responds yes. I go and rent a u- haul and text him for the address. No response. We still had an hour or so until the agreed upon time so no big deal. An hour goes by and no text. I text again and get the "sorry bro I sold it".

I give him the thanks a$$hole and block his number.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#19]
When I sold my jetskis last year, I had 2 different people say they would take them, but wanted to ride them for a weekend first just to make sure.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:16:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Put old dishwasher on the curb, received email from "Shaqueen" offering "to cook [me] dinner or something-something" if I'd drive it to her place and install it. "My bo won't mind, he's in prison for being a dumbass."

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Until you give some closure to your dating thread you are banned from this one.  Now go put some black socks on!
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:19:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn. You waited a month op? Shit. Cash in hand.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:19:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sold an outboard motor yesterday on Craigslist, as a matter of fact.

Lots of lowballers, like waaaaay less than half price.
1 guy offered a price then accused me of stealing it when I rejected his offer then proceeded to email stalk me and send me loooooog rant emails. I just started replying with how much I loved him and we should meet up cause I want to be close to him...shut him off quick.  
Then there was a guy that wanted me to drive the boat motor way across town. I suggested we meet at a location in between the both of us. Crickets.

Finally a dude bought it, full asking price.

It's just craigslist.
View Quote

I low ball all kinds of stuff on there... mostly get bs replies or nothing but about a month ago a guy selling a humidor he just paid $3500 for, asking $2500 cash.. Its a tall cabinet model but was still in the boxes... said he had an emergency and needed cash.  I offered $600.   He said no way the cedar is worth more then that... I said okay........ an hour later he emailed me asking if I could do $750.. I did and he drove it 2 hours to me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:21:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1739087_craigslist_douche.html
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Damn. You waited a month op? Shit. Cash in hand.
View Quote

I hear ya.  But when I say I will do something I stand by my word.  Apparently in this day and age I am a chump.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:33:13 PM EDT
[#26]
I sold an old 1991 Dodge Dakota that had 380,000 miles on it a few years back that had a camper on it. An old Mexican guy calls me up and asks if I was interested in selling just the camper for $350. I told him hell yeah gave him my address and he shows up in a couple of hours with a matching Dodge Dakota! Hands me over $350 and we put my camper on his truck in 15 min.

I was only asking For $500 for the truck with camper. Funny thing, another guy calls me that evening to look at the truck in the morning and he sees it without the camper and asks what happened to the camper. I told him about the old dude and he laughs and says he didn't want the camper and was just going to dump it. We take a quick drive and he hands me the $500 and I hand him the signed title.

SCORE!! $850 for a truck hardly worth $500
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh now he shows up........Leaves us hanging in the other thread.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:37:08 PM EDT
[#28]

I sold a refrigerator that was being replaced at a rental property.

She asked if she could use the bathroom and I told her that I didn't have the key,...mainly because she looked shady and she wasn't going to get inside my home.

So, she peed on my front lawn.

You do not want pics.

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:37:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Put a ad up to save myself a trip to the dump. Old pool table....Terrible condition . So I put it in the free section on Craigslist. Come get it for free..Had about 20 can you bring it to me emails and texts im on disability,Im in a wheel chair blah blah blh... If your in a wheel chair why the fuck you need a pool table... Anyway I drug it down to the road and put a sign on it $100 and a fake cell phone number and someone stole it LOL
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:45:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

What's the most you'll pay?

I don't understand "what's the least you'll take" as a negotiating technique. You're
supposed to counter-offer, you dope. Instead I just drop by some fraction of the
negotiating cushion.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:46:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Posted a gooseneck trailer on CL for sale.  Yes, gooseneck...as in, "gooseneck hitch that attaches in the bed of a truck".  Ad was clearly marked "gooseneck", it was the first freakin' word in the title and was mentioned no fewer than 4 times in the ad.  Had at least 7 pictures of said gooseneck hitch and all its glory, including pics of the adjustable hitch attached in the effin' bed of a Ford F350.  Guy calls, wants to buy and can meet the next day.  Dumbass shows up in a Dodge 1500 regular cab, no GN hitch and a 2" ball bolted to the rear bumper.....looks confused as hell, states he had no idea it wasn't a "regular" trailer.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Cheep-fucks brag about the great deal they got, not the deals they missed because they crossed "the line".

I was the first to a Craigslist add for a dirt bike, an absolute dream bike that around here is rarer then hen's teeth going for about 1-2k under what it SHOULD be.

Ready with cash same day, he informed me i was first up. Got to his place (1.5 hours away) payed in cash after giving it a quick 5-10m inspection (bike was perfect, without photos)

He told me he had about one dozen e-mails from other buyers while i was on my way here is the composition.

1.) All of them asked for a "better" price

2.) One of them threatened the seller off the bat to "not waste his time"

3.) Half of them wanted to trade a piece of shit for the bike

4.) Most of them made sure to tell the seller they were upset about not being first and how its not fair????

To give you an idea i can put about 10k on the bike over the span of the next 1-3 years and still sell it for exactly what i paid for it.

People are obscene sometimes
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:51:08 PM EDT
[#33]
In the other thread I had mentioned I recently sold a dirt bike. I was selling a 2005 rm250, and received a trade offer for a..2000 rm250.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Last week...

Listed a nice condition E320 for 5550 obo.    Was honest describing it and put in the ad that I will not negotiate the obo until somebody sees it in person.

Car sat for a week with no replies.   Then in one day I get 3 different inquiries.  One guy seemed legit so we hit in texts where and when to meet after I got off work.

He showed.   Went to test drive and the damn motorized seat wont work.   I am 6ft 4in tall and he is about 5ft 10.   He can ot get the seat to move forward with regular switch.   We hit the memory position that was an old setting from when my mother had the car and the seat moved far enough forward for him to reach the pedals.

Went on a drive and talked the car over.

Get out to talk the OBO part.   I am ready to sell at anything over about 4250.    His first offer, considering the cruise control doesnt work and the power seat is all fucky, 4700 bucks.

I tried hard not to snatch the cash out of his hand in the blink of an eye or seem surprised.    Sell price was about 1200-1500 over bluebook/edmunds but the car really was clean and it isnt often you see them with only 68k miles.

The guy that bought it got a great car and I got a great price for it.   Was a bit misty eyed to see it go as it is basically a 1 family car that likely will go another 80k miles with no issues.    But then it is a nearly 20 year old car.

The idiots that tried their stupid games, and the dumb ass marketing company trying to sell my car for a fee, can all go suck a giant prolapsed rosebud of an anus.   I am debt free and well on my way to saving for a huge down payment on a 2015 GT ( GT350 for my 40th birthday in 2 1/2 years).
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:57:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

So true. Tried to sell my wife's Triumph Daytona last Summer and by the end of the weekly drama and tire kickers, I wanted to suck start a Glock.

The most pathetic was the guy who over the course of a week I exchanged a dozen emails with, sent 30+ bike pictures to, "had cash in hand" on a mutually agreed upon price, and then showed up with $1,000 less then the figure we agreed on just thinking I was desperate enough to sell. I told him to get the fuck off my property.

My blood pressure is rising just remembering the shenanigans I went through trying to sell a nice motorcycle.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Buy guys brand new in box Airsoft guns from me...

Tells me after he takes them home, if he goes to shoot them and they dont work, he want's his money back..

I smile and say sure thing.

Who the fuck buys something from craigslist and expects some kind of warranty?
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:02:04 PM EDT
[#37]
I usually have decent luck on Craigslist, selling the wife's car became a pain in the ass though.  2010 Camaro, clean, 70k miles, some jack wagon wanted to trade me a piano and a 12 year old accord for the car AND cash on my end.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:07:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Not technically craigslist but I tried to sell an expensive airsoft gun which looked like an Intervention on an airsoft forum and the responses I got
The best one was some dumbass kid who really really wanted my intervention but was too lazy to come up with an offer so he just sent me a link to his photobucket account and told me to look through it to see if I wanted anything.
Mostly crap, a few good guns. I message him and say I'll knock two hundred off for two of the guns.
He replies. "Oh no no, I don't want to trade those." Then he proceeded to tell me all of the stuff in the photos he wouldn't trade.

There were a few pics of him and his mom on the account since he used it for everything and I was seriously considering saying I'd take his mom and knock $20 off.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So true. Tried to sell my wife's Triumph Daytona last Summer and by the end of the weekly drama and tire kickers, I wanted to suck start a Glock.

The most pathetic was the guy who over the course of a week I exchanged a dozen emails with, sent 30+ bike pictures to, "had cash in hand" on a mutually agreed upon price, and then showed up with $1,000 less then the figure we agreed on just thinking I was desperate enough to sell. I told him to get the fuck off my property.

My blood pressure is rising just remembering the shenanigans I went through trying to sell a nice motorcycle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds familiar. I have been trying to sell an older 600cc sport bike for a while. I'm asking $2k

I got the tire kickers and the lookie loos left and right. Finally had a guy tell me he wants it, sight unseen. He shows up that night and the first thing he tells me is he doesn't have any cash but "can get it tomorrow." I told him we could talk when he gets the cash. Anyway, dude proceeds to text me 15+ times the next day waffling between "can we meet? I have the cash" and "I would pay your asking price all day but can't you help me out with like $200 off?"

I ignored all messages until he finally tells me he has the asking price and will meet the next day. Dude shows up, hands me a wad of cash and goes on a test ride. Comes back around and says "I'll give you $1850" (again, asking price was $2k). At this point I blew up, told him to get the fuck off of my property and don't text or call again.

This douchenozzle proceeds to text me once a week or so for 2 more months sending me super lowball offers trying to piss me off. I got more "I'll give you 15 bux bra" texts than I could handle.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:16:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Another thing i hate about selling stuff is the stupid questions. Who negotiates a price before seeing it, but makes sure to state that it will depend on them seeing it?

I had a guy buy an old beat up pickup from us that had 340k miles on it and call every few days asking for shit. Bumper, tailgate, floor mats, the tommy lift we had mounted on it, original wheels. I never told him any of that stuff came with it bc we hadnt had any of that in 10 years. He expected me to buy all of it and give it to him for a pickup i only got 2500 for. He was adament that we owed him the almost brand new tommy lift bc we had it on there until the day we put it for sale.

I was selling hay in our town. I had a professional banner printed that was as big as a 1000 pound bale. I tied it to the fucking bale and parked it on a trailer on the side of the road. It said "Coastal grass hay, $80, 1000 pound bale. For horses or cows."

EVERY FUCKING PERSON THAT CALLS ASKS QUESTIONS IN THIS ORDER:

What kind of hay is it?

How much money are we asking per bale?

How heavy are the bales?

Is it okay for horses to eat?

We ended up selling around 1900 bales over 3 years so you can imagine how many stupid questions and no shows i got. I was never so glad to get a text as i was when my boss texted me that he was out of hay. 3 years of my life gone.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:23:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Sounds familiar. I have been trying to sell an older 600cc sport bike for a while. I'm asking $2k

I got the tire kickers and the lookie loos left and right. Finally had a guy tell me he wants it, sight unseen. He shows up that night and the first thing he tells me is he doesn't have any cash but "can get it tomorrow." I told him we could talk when he gets the cash. Anyway, dude proceeds to text me 15+ times the next day waffling between "can we meet? I have the cash" and "I would pay your asking price all day but can't you help me out with like $200 off?"

I ignored all messages until he finally tells me he has the asking price and will meet the next day. Dude shows up, hands me a wad of cash and goes on a test ride. Comes back around and says "I'll give you $1850" (again, asking price was $2k). At this point I blew up, told him to get the fuck off of my property and don't text or call again.

This douchenozzle proceeds to text me once a week or so for 2 more months sending me super lowball offers trying to piss me off. I got more "I'll give you 15 bux bra" texts than I could handle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put dudes phone number on craigslist in M4M and M4T.

But then you screwed up and let him come to where you live...

Dude, never do that.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:25:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I don't understand "what's the least you'll take" as a negotiating technique. You're
supposed to counter-offer, you dope. Instead I just drop by some fraction of the
negotiating cushion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

negotiating cushion.

i receive these emails, i rarely buy used shit off craigslist.

i know some people get entertainment out of it... i dont have the time to bs with lonely cl people
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#43]
I had a Stephens 820 shotgun for sale.  I'm asking $75.  Guy offers $50.  I say "deal".  He asks me to meet him half way.  I'm cool with that.  I ask where he lives.  He says Omaha.  Uh, that would be a 90 mile drive.  No thanks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

A guy had just started doing lawns and wanted to buy some 1 year old equipment i was selling.

I lived in north salt lake, utah. He lived in salt lake city which is 1 or 2 miles away. 3 different days he couldnt find my fucking shop. I kept telling him that he was in the northern part of salt lake city and i was in the town of north salt lake. I gave him exact directions from where he was at atleast 5 times. He never could find it.

I could not get it through his head that north salt lake and the northern part of salt lake city are not the same place. He said he grew up there. Everyone there knows this. What a moron.
View Quote
It's physically fucking impossible to NOT fin an address in Salt Lake City. The fucking town looks like graph paper.

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:47:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Made a deal to pick up a nice Arctic Cat quad, pics looked good and the price was right.
Hook the trailer up, drive 2 hours, and get to the guys place.
With a straight face, this fuck head shows me a quad that looked like it had been run through a compactor.
When I asked him what the hell he's trying to pull, he tells me that the night before his 18 yo boy wanted to ride it one last time and rolled it (hell looked like he threw it) down a rocky hill.
After reading the sorry cocksucker the riot act, he still had the stupid enough to tell me if I still want it that he'll take "a couple Hundred" off the price.

Craiglist, not even once!
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:50:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

negotiating cushion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

negotiating cushion.

Most of America has forgotten the art of the haggle.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:52:46 PM EDT
[#47]
I had some tree stumps dug out of my property last year. They're piled up on the side of the yard waiting for me to figure out what to do with the damn things. I've been thinking about listing them on Craigslist, free to a good home, and posting the emails I get on arfcom...

"What's the lowest you'll take?

"Will you deliver?"

"I live in Spokane, can we meet halfway?"

"What kind of stumps are these?

"Are these safe for kids to play on?"

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:57:30 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

negotiating cushion.

I have always sold things with a 10% buffer at most.  I price things right, and get my price.  I don't sell for a living, so go haggle elsewhere.  You are wasting your time to haggle with me.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 12:08:52 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Seeing the CL posting below made me realize I have had some horrible dealings thanks to that website.  

Here is one that stands out.....
View Quote

Did you intend that OP to be biographical? First with the cash gets the prize.

My favorite craigslist idiot was the one who got suspicious of me when I suggested we meet at MY house. I was like, What are you afraid of? Guy bailed totally. Next guy met me at my house.

Then the one who didn't want to meet me in a Wal Mart parking lot. He said his friends were heckling him that he was going to get butt raped. He paid me $20 over my asking price for me to meet him at his place of work 10 minutes away.

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 12:18:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I had a Stephens 820 shotgun for sale.  I'm asking $75.  Guy offers $50.  I say "deal".  He asks me to meet him half way.  I'm cool with that.  I ask where he lives.  He says Omaha.  Uh, that would be a 90 mile drive.  No thanks.
View Quote

Wife put some kids toy on CL for like $20. We put our suburb name down, it comes right up on a map. We get an email from a lady who wants to buy it. Then asks how far we are away from her town. Gee only 85 miles.  

I just imagine how people can't figure this out before sending a message.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top