User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The correct answer is SmartWool.  They have a sock for all seasons, and they will be more comfortable than any alternative.
View Quote

This.

"The Peoples Socks" at Amazon are my go-to sock for daily fall/winter/spring wear. I love them. I am now looking for decent priced lightweight smartwool socks for summer wear when I am in boots or hiking boots/shoes.

Any other time I am in grey athletic socks. I used to love the really thick Joe Boxer brand grey socks from Kmart but they stopped making those years ago.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I use arfcom to help with purchase decisions at times. It's usually expensive things or technical things. I would hate to find out later that I should have spent $100 more to get something tier 1 instead of the tier 2 thing I just bought. I'm talking about cars, tools, yard equipment, perhaps even TV or PC related stuff.

But I don't have the balls fallopian tubes to ask about sock buying advice.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

People ask questions then I'm stuck explaining that my left leg has titanium upgrades because I was a dumb ass.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wrangler boot socks.

As much as I want to hate on Ariat for being Mads produced China crap their ATS boots are comfortable as hell and are what I wear 16/7 now.

I don't wear shorts because of a large scar.

Why not? Scars are just tattoos with a way better story. I've got a 12 in or so surgery scar down the front of my right leg.

People ask questions then I'm stuck explaining that my left leg has titanium upgrades because I was a dumb ass.

Then make up a better story.

Mine was a skiing related injury. I won't call it an "accident" because my leg literally tore itself apart before I went down. My quadriceps ripped apart my tiba where the patella tendon attaches to the growth plate. Yeah, it hurt as bad as that sounds.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Have a "Uniform."

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:40:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Nike Dri-Fit or wool.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Mine was a skiing related injury. I won't call it an "accident" because my leg literally tore itself apart before I went down. My quadriceps ripped apart my tiba where the patella tendon attaches to the growth plate. Yeah, it hurt as bad as that sounds.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wrangler boot socks.

As much as I want to hate on Ariat for being Mads produced China crap their ATS boots are comfortable as hell and are what I wear 16/7 now.

I don't wear shorts because of a large scar.

Why not? Scars are just tattoos with a way better story. I've got a 12 in or so surgery scar down the front of my right leg.

I set my beer down, hopped on my buddies kids dirt bike and looped out a wheelie, when I bailed my leg got caught and came down sideways. Leg got an extra 90 degree bend in it sideways just above the ankle.  Set it myself and rode over an hour back to town in a bumpy ass subaru.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Thorlo, Under Armour and Danner...all I've worn for the last couple of years.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Carhartt Men's All Terrain Low Cut Tab Socks in all the colors they offer.

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Love my wigwam's.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:50:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Love my wigwam's.
View Quote

The last couple batches of Wigwam King Cotton Crews I bought, have not lasted.  Very disappointed.  They weren't as fluffy soft as before when new either.  I suspect a move in production to somewhere else.  They have been my go-to socks for 30 years.  Afraid I'm going to have to start looking around.  Nice that this thread shows up just now.  I'm taking notes.....

Edit: the wigwams were coming apart, or developing holes around the seams near the ankle bone area.  I'd buy 20 pairs and use them for about 2 years, then donate, or shop rag them and buy another batch of 15 or 20.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:53:02 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

This guy. He knows stuff.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks, just bought some socks on Amazon. Yesterday it was a pair of Vans because of a shoe thread. My wallet hates this place!

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top