BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Being that the governor is already working on some back pedaling re-write of a small portion,  I would have advised them to have kept that quiet until revisions have been made.  

They have just painted a huge target on their business and with the possibility that the law may not apply in a week,  it seems like a terrible business decision to publicly advertise that.  

But hey,  not my business to have ran for a grand 9 years before boarding up the doors.
View Quote

They just became a huge target no matter what happens with the law.  The ghey terrorists will now organize and destroy their business, because, you know, "hate".  
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

They just became a huge target no matter what happens with the law.  The ghey terrorists will now organize and destroy their business, because, you know, "hate".  
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#3]
They're pizza shop, they're rules.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I find it funny (and mostly stupid) that people in the business of making money will not take money from gays, their hate overrides their business sense.

View Quote

Someone does not want to provide direct support to an activity that is diametrically opposed to their deeply held religious convictions...

...and you think that person is making that decision out of hatred?

Isn't it actually YOU who is actually the hate-filled bigot?

Shall we force Orthodox Jewish and Catholic doctors to perform abortions?    If they don't comply, is it because of their "hate"?

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Being that the governor is already working on some back pedaling re-write of a small portion,  I would have advised them to have kept that quiet until revisions have been made.  

They have just painted a huge target on their business and with the possibility that the law may not apply in a week,  it seems like a terrible business decision to publicly advertise that.  

But hey,  not my business to have ran for a grand 9 years before boarding up the doors.

I looked up the Wiki, and this town is 1.96 square miles, with a population of about 2100.  I would imagine the gay person just said fuck it, and moved.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:45:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If a colored or mixed couple came in I would not sell them pizza  

My store my rules, I dont like blacks or mixed couples....

I can't help they were born black or gay, that's not my problem.

See how that sounds now
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"If a gay couple came in and wanted us to provide pizzas for their wedding, we would have to say no,” says Crystal O'Connor of Memories Pizza.

http://www.abc57.com/story/28681598/rfra-first-business-to-publicly-deny-same-sex-service

If a colored or mixed couple came in I would not sell them pizza  

My store my rules, I dont like blacks or mixed couples....

I can't help they were born black or gay, that's not my problem.

See how that sounds now

False equivalency, that's how it sounds.  People aren't born homosexual.  If they were we'd have roughly the same percentage of homosexuals throughout history.  We don't.  At least not until the revisionists rewrite it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Their business, their rules, still simple-minded idiots.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if they deliver? Stand your ground!
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:06:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The dumb thing is with this whole thread is that when I worked at a pizza place back in high school we never cared what the order was for.  "You want twenty pizzas on Sunday at 4?  That's $150."  Unless Until they bring up their gay wedding nobody will care.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why can't the gays open their own pizza shops, wedding bakeries, etc?  

Is it because there really isn't enough demand to strictly cater to a gay marketplace?  

They know this and they must force their beliefs on everyone else.

The dumb thing is with this whole thread is that when I worked at a pizza place back in high school we never cared what the order was for.  "You want twenty pizzas on Sunday at 4?  That's $150."  Unless Until they bring up their gay wedding nobody will care.

FIFY.

Because that's what it's all about.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Wouldn't a gay couple be the least likely to order pizza for their wedding?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Stop liking cock. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Their business, their rules.

Plenty of pizza places will serve homosexuals.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
People being gay somewehere does not affect my life at all, why the hell do you let it affect yours?
View Quote

If gay people everywhere didn't affect my life everything would be fine.  Unfortunately the LGBT political agenda is one that:

1)  Tries to convince everyone that my deeply held religious beliefs are in conflict with their lifestyle and thus are a lie,
2)  Asks lawmakers to pass legislation designed to punish me for rejecting that lifestyle in my economic choices,
3)  Poses a burden on exercising my First Amendment right to criticize that lifestyle.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I find it funny (and mostly stupid) that people in the business of making money will not take money from gays, their hate overrides their business sense. Plenty of haters here too I see. What you dinosaurs don't get is that the world (and our country) is trying to move away from being homophobic tards that hate everyone that is not exactly like them, evolve or die. Oops, you same dumb asses probably don't believe in evolution either so just die and make the world a little bit better. This is the civil rights movement of our times - equality for gays, if you are against it, you might want to question what the hell your problem is. People being gay somewehere does not affect my life at all, why the hell do you let it affect yours?

Reminds me of a locksmith shop I went to recently, local family run, the kind I like to do business with. White family, which is kinda rare and nice in El Paso. I was very nice to them (as I am to everyone I first meet) but I could sense that they didn't really want me in the shop, no smiles, no greeting, (felt like I was in a gun store lol) mostly from the 20 something dude with white power type tattoos. I am half korean/half irish - so a "gook" to racist people. While the dude was making some keys for me, I was asking about more services that they could do for me, which ended up with them making alot of money from me (thousands). After that they had a completely different attitude towards me as they saw how much money they were going to make. Even tattoo boy is nice to me now as I probably helped pay for his new Harley, they may be racist, but they're not stupid. The pizza owners in this case are just being stupid.
View Quote

Is this post an April Fools parody? I can't tell.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 6:44:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Someone does not want to provide direct support to an activity that is diametrically opposed to their deeply held religious convictions...

Shall we force Orthodox Jewish and Catholic doctors to perform abortions?    If they don't comply, is it because of their "hate"?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I find it funny (and mostly stupid) that people in the business of making money will not take money from gays, their hate overrides their business sense.

On the doctors & abortion, I see your point.

On the pizza issue, not so much. They hate fags and don't want to cater to them, that I understand. Not that I think they should be forced to do so, just think it's a stupid business decision to air out your opinion (when no one has asked for it in the first place) jeopardizing loss in potential customers. Where does sexuality even fit into pizza? I've never been asked if I was gay (I'm not even a little gay) when ordering pizza, no one has, so how would they even know? Someone calls and says they need x number of pizzas, who the hell is going to say I need x number of pizzas for a gay wedding?  When they put their opinion out there like "Yes!!!! Don't have to serve you fags because of the new law! Yippee!!", they not only lose the business of the gay community but will lose many customers like me that aren't gay but don't want to do business with a company that refuse to serve a certain group of people. Just stupid business-wise, but yeah they can say they stuck to their religious morals when the business goes down the toilet.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

On the pizza issue, not so much. They hate fags and don't want to cater to them, that I understand.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the pizza issue, not so much. They hate fags and don't want to cater to them, that I understand.

You're quite obviously a hate-filled and intolerant bigot.

You "understand" because you are projecting.   Religious people have deeply held beliefs that have nothing to do with "hate."

Our nation was founded by those who fled Europe because they wanted to worship as they pleased without anyone telling them they could not.

Just stupid business-wise, but yeah they can say they stuck to their religious morals when the business goes down the toilet.

Maybe the loss of Gay customers isn't really enough to take a business down.   Ask Chick-Fil-A....

By your sound business logic, they should be out of business by now...

Kind of funny that they are doing well in the liberal parts of the nation, but lagging (slightly) in the Bible-Belt  

If Gays had that much clout in the market, they wouldn't need to use judges and government force to get their way.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You "understand" because you are projecting.   Religious people have deeply held beliefs that have nothing to do with "hate."

Our nation was founded by those who fled Europe because they wanted to worship as they pleased without anyone telling them they could not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about the Southern Baptists who had "deeply held beliefs" about black people?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

What about the Southern Baptists who had "deeply held beliefs" about black people?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, and don't forget about the Crusaders and ISIS and the Taliban!   lol

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:21:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Having worked in Walkerton, IN for four years, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they're probably pretty safe in making that statement.
Not that there aren't gays in northern Indiana, but local reaction to any negative protests would probably be... entertaining to watch.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:28:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Homosexuals would never have a pizza place cater their wedding.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:31:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Homosexuals would never have a pizza place cater their wedding.
View Quote

The activists will target any business that they suspect will not bow down to their will.

The normal, ordinary Gay folks will just do their thing and eat good food from a Gay-friendly caterer.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#23]
That's going out of your way to deny service.

I'm sure the gay-pizza-wedding racquet in Indiana is quite at a fever pitch.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#24]
That'll learn them goddamn queers!
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#25]

The History of the Decline and Fall of the United States of America is going to read like a comedy.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:52:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Nobody orders pizza for a wedding, these people are tarded.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:52:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But, this strikes a little bit closer to home than 1300 AD.

To simply dismiss that with a crusade reference and a "LOL"?  Ok, duly noted.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
What if you accidentally fuck a pizza that does not share your gender identity?  And just how would one determine a pizza's gender identity?  It would be hard enough to determine its anatomical gender, and I'm thinking it would be all but impossible to determine a pizzas gender identity.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Their business, their rules.

Plenty of pizza places will serve homosexuals.

Pizza is homosexual. Fuck pizza.  

What if you accidentally fuck a pizza that does not share your gender identity?  And just how would one determine a pizza's gender identity?  It would be hard enough to determine its anatomical gender, and I'm thinking it would be all but impossible to determine a pizzas gender identity.

If the pizza just has cheese, it's female.  

If the pizza has either pepperoni or sausage, it's male.

If the pizza has both pepperoni AND sausage, it's gay.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like Chik-Fil-A has......um hmmm
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:02:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trying to link Gay Marriage to Race is pathetic.

Trying to suggest that anyone who is religiously opposed to Gay Marriage is doing so out of "hate" is more pathetic.

Trying to reference a tiny handful of idiots from 60 years ago, or the Westboro Baptist church to support such pathetic and desperate arguments SHOULD be dismissed by anyone with an ounce of integrity.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:04:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:11:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Concord coach suspended after alleged threat to local business

The Walkerton Police Department is committed to extending
professional police services to all in need, regardless of said person’s
sexual, religious, or political views. We encourage all to follow
Indiana Laws and Statutes. We ask that all frustrations and rebuttals
with Memories Pizza’s recent media statements remain within the law.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:29:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Trying to suggest that anyone who is religiously opposed to Gay Marriage is doing so out of "hate" is more pathetic.

Trying to reference a tiny handful of idiots from 60 years ago, or the Westboro Baptist church to support such pathetic and desperate arguments SHOULD be dismissed by anyone with an ounce of integrity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a matter of whether simply serving the customer of a public establishment represents a substantial burden.  But, don't let that get in the way of hyperbole.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It's a matter of whether simply serving the customer of a public establishment represents a substantial burden.  But, don't let that get in the way of hyperbole.

View Quote

I don't believe that Indiana has any law prohibiting discrimination against homosexuals. The question is not whether compelled participation in a transaction substantially burdens anything, but whether any law compels the tradesman to engage in the transaction.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:35:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Coming soon:  Sexual preference added to the protected classes list.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:39:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Ugh....that was hard to read.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There pizza shops, there rules.

Der pizza, der rules. More better!
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:59:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There pizza shops, there rules.

If I may add one more ...

Quoted:
They're pizza shop, they're rules.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:05:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I had a friend that directly after saying his vows runs out side and does a burn out in his truck. Then ordered a bunch of pizza from little ceasers.  It was about as red neck as you can get for a wedding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I never , ever saw pizza at a wedding, I don't even believe redneck's do that.

I had a friend that directly after saying his vows runs out side and does a burn out in his truck. Then ordered a bunch of pizza from little ceasers.  It was about as red neck as you can get for a wedding.

that's .... fucking awesome!!! if they had 30 packs of stroh's at the reception then I'mma call that a real party!!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:09:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I wonder if they deliver? Stand your ground!
View Quote

Call them. Here is their new website. memories pizza

ETA. Damn. They took it down, it was fucking awesome.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Noooooooooooooo

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never , ever saw pizza at a wedding, I don't even believe redneck's do that.

Noooooooooooooo

May have been rednecked as hell, but it was Christian.  

That's a Memories Pizza Approved wedding right there.

I don't care for people banning service to others based on this, or anything really, but I have trouble with making it illegal.  That said, I know where to not eat if I end up in Indiana  for some reason.  I'm sure they're worried about losing all they're tourism dollars over this...LOL, is Indiana even a real place?

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:21:04 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Good.  Gay people dont want "equality".....they have always had that.  They want their morals and behavior forced onto people.
View Quote

The fuck does this even mean?  Their morals like marriage and wedding pizza?  Their behavior like...being people, who occasionally like to bone other people?  Cause, I don't want to speak for everybody, but I'm pretty sure we're all on board with wedding pizza and boning already.

Is that just a wild way to say you are worried about gay rape?  Seriously, if I thought "sure hope I don't get raped by a dude today" every time I walked out the door I would go to a gym and a psychiatrist, post haste.  Do you even lift bro?

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:31:46 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

snip

How so?

Both are "born that way."  People only want to classify "gay" as a behavioral choice so the can differentiate it from race.  It makes them feel better about being able to discriminate against something they don't like.  After 50+ years of being conditioned to abhor discrimination against innate characteristics, they can only rationalize discrimination against volitional behavior.  Thus, because they dislike homosexuality, they claim it is a choice.  It is not.  I'm not saying it's right.  It's just not a choice.

When this country decided in the 60's that an owner of a private business could not choose to deny service to a person based on their innate qualities, i.e. skin color, or that a person who owned a house could choose or not chose to sell it to someone based on their skin color, it set in motion the path that led us to the current situation with homosexuals.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#45]
If a man walks in with round lips...........
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:56:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You didn't read the law, huh?  
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:19:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Since we're all hyped up about hyperbolic hypotheticals, I have one for the mob:

If Bubba walks into a bakery and orders a cake emblazoned with the KKK symbol, replete with crosses and roses and whatever else the Knights of the White Horse are into - let's say the bakery is owned by an African-American family, who tell Bubba to getthefuckouttathere.  Has Bubba been the victim of viscous bigotry, or were the owners of the bakery correct to follow their conscience?

If there were no law to protect the bakers from a lawsuit, would we cheer that they got run out of business.  Because having a license to deal with the public means they automatically forfeit all their personal beliefs and are required to accept money from any and all public patrons?

If that's not the case, why is it significantly different from a business refusing to participate in a same-sex wedding ceremony?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:23:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Nobody orders pizza for a wedding, these people are tarded.
View Quote

The lady they interviewed sounded like she rode the short bus to school.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 4:53:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
"There's no such thing as bad press"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's called "asking for trouble"
"There's no such thing as bad press"

"...unless it's your obituary."
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 4:58:57 AM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How can you tell a pizza customer is gay?

While I think people should have the right to do business with, I also think it's just that, business.

How would you know anyone is gay?   they'll tell you within 5 minutes of meeting them.

When they pay with this, it's usually a fair bet...

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-l-fhMhumW80/Ua0CXWw45uI/AAAAAAAAHaM/EivsNYG6drA/Pride_CARD.com_Prepaid_Visa_thumb%25255B1%25255D.png?imgmax=800

They should have listed Roy G Biv as the cardholder instead of James Smith.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top