Quoted:
post link to forum so we can invite them to the lemon party
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#2]
OP you just lived one of my wet dreams.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:42:52 PM EDT
[#3]
So all you're out here is 5 minutes of your time?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a newer development near me that has a really nice houses ( like nice large middle class houses, not crazy) but they are kind of packed in and not a lot of mature trees or even hills. Just a lot of houses close together on sort of a huge rolling plain. I could see shit getting a little crazy there if there is no HOA.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really don't like HOA
There is a newer development near me that has a really nice houses ( like nice large middle class houses, not crazy) but they are kind of packed in and not a lot of mature trees or even hills. Just a lot of houses close together on sort of a huge rolling plain. I could see shit getting a little crazy there if there is no HOA.  

so why live in such a gerbilish wasteland?

surely you make enough money to not live in some fucking development???
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
nobody is gonna tell me what i can do on my land.

fuck them.
View Quote

You sir............100 internets
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you need a neon colored house OP.

ETA...maybe some chickens. Or louder yard fowl.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would have waited for it to escalate and allowed them the opportunity to make more profitable mistakes.    

View Quote

Yup.  Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

fuck them.
View Quote

Here here!! if hell freezes over and I end up in a HOA controlled neighborhood one day, I'll have fun just finding ways to piss them off.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Did he hand you the flyer?

If so, you should have immediately dropped your drawers, taken a shit right there in the front yard, and then wiped your ass with it.

Then you should have thanked him as you handed it back to him.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did he hand you the flyer?

If so, you should have immediately dropped your drawers, taken a shit right there in the front yard, and then wiped your ass with it.

Then you should have thanked him as you handed it back to him.
View Quote

Oh GD how I love thee.............................

You forgot the blade @ 45*, I'll let it slide this once.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really don't like HOA

Lol

There's one of these in every HOA thread

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:00:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd rent the ugliest dumpster I could get and have it parked in my driveway.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really don't like HOA

Sound likes a perfect place to plant Red Margin Bamboo along the property line for privacy.  Should reach 30-40 ft and fill in everywhere within a few years.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sound likes a perfect place to plant Red Margin Bamboo along the property line for privacy.  Should reach 30-40 ft and fill in everywhere within a few years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really don't like HOA

Plus kudzu.  The answer always includes kudzu.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:09:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:11:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really don't like HOA

Then maybe some bamboo
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:11:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:12:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm the second-to-last house in my segment of the development, but my house and the last house both look like the newer, HOA-governed segment (1960s vs 1980s construction). Whenever someone helpfully tells me I'm in violation of whatever clause, I tell'em to mail it to me and keep doing whatever I'm doing. In 3 years, not a single violation has shown up in the mail.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I don't live there., hence the "near me."    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really don't like HOA

Reading is for faggots.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:16:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really don't like HOA

The highway administration had to clear out a ~20x100' grove of bamboo to expand a road near me. Most of the stalks were ~40' tall and it was densely packed. It was hilarious watching their incredibly slow progress over several weeks trying to make a dent in it.  

I wouldn't wish that crap on my worst enemy.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:16:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it was me, I'd set a sofa on the front lawn and sit on it everyday drinking beer just to piss those yahoos off.  HOAs are freaking ridiculous.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-I7nyeLse6os/UHPsreoXi5I/AAAAAAAAJ50/j43JFHinMHc/s1600/Big+Couch+for+Sale.jpg

Length 75 feet.

I hope it is a sectional.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Winning.  "why you no support Susan B. Komen breast cancer awareness?"
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Get some pigs or at least announce your intention to do so.  My dad did this (announced to neighbor's kid) when he lived in Georgetown, TX and it provided significant entertainment during his retirement days.  There were never any pigs involved but it got quite interesting.  He never did anything wrong or illegal but he did push some nonexistent buttons and had some fun with it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Reading is for faggots.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really don't like HOA

Reading is for faggots.

are you infringing on my civil rights?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#25]
True Story.
The guy I worked with got behind on his fees so the HOA leaned his property so they could not foreclose.
They wrote him a violation notice about his dead tree. One afternoon him and his buddy got drunk and somehow bought an ornery ol mule
buy the name of Earl. Earl was then hitched up to the dead tree. In a couple of days he got another violation notice that stated: "No Livestock" on the front lawn.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Surely, you can find a reason to have one of this delivered to your driveway.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:22:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Link to HOA forum...
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Here here!! if hell freezes over and I end up in a HOA controlled neighborhood one day, I'll have fun just finding ways to piss them off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

fuck them.

Then you'll really enjoy your time and money sucked away with all the legal fees.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#29]

My house was built in 1964...in '06, the 25 acres of brush behind me was turned into a development with lotsa townhouses. There is also a vacant lot next to mine that is overgrown with trees and blackberries.

Every year since then, someone from their HOA knocks on my door and tells me I have to clean up that lot because it looks bad.

I tell them A: I was here before them and did not and will not sign a HOA agreement and B: The vacant lot is not mine. You want to clean it up, go right ahead.

Most of the time, they realize they have no legal leg to stand on, so they go away muttering bad words.

One idiot told me he was gonna sue me to force me to join the HOA...that was 4 years back. No lawsuit yet.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:27:49 PM EDT
[#30]
HOA threads: the only place where the freedom to contract and associate are for Communists.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Since you have access to the website look at the rules and do everything they say you can't do.

Stay within city laws of course but do things that will make the HOA people stroke out every time they look at your house.

I can see in some cases where HOA's can be nice to live in but the horror stories I have read here and elsewhere makes me never want to live in one.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:45:18 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Better yet, every time they complain add another one
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:45:46 PM EDT
[#33]
I had no idea what HOAs were until I got in Law Enforcement. They constantly call the Police and try and get us to enforce their 'rules'. Then when informed that we legally can't they get all snooty and want to argue and try and bagger us into enforcing them.

During the summer we (the POLICE mind you) get called CONSTANTLY in reference to people violating HOA rules at public neighborhood pools. It's several times a shift. Such a waste of time and gas.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:51:00 PM EDT
[#34]
HOA's belong in the trashcan.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:51:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Time to start a vintage garbage can collection to display in the front yard.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:57:30 PM EDT
[#40]
FUCK any and all HOAs

That is all....
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:03:57 PM EDT
[#41]
i'm thinking in order to have a mailbox large enough to hold your Amazon shipments,
you should mount a herby curby horizontally on a 6x6 frame at the end of your driveway

The blue ones are rather attractive
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Wouldn't planting invasive plants on purpose get you into legal trouble?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had no idea what HOAs were until I got in Law Enforcement. They constantly call the Police and try and get us to enforce their 'rules'. Then when informed that we legally can't they get all snooty and want to argue and try and bagger us into enforcing them.

During the summer we (the POLICE mind you) get called CONSTANTLY in reference to people violating HOA rules at public neighborhood pools. It's several times a shift. Such a waste of time and gas.
View Quote
I don't get the part about public pools? What are they complaining about?  
View Quote

Unattended minors. Diving in the shallow end.. Unapproved drink containers. Kids in pool area being to rowdy. Residents using pool past posted hours. The Smith family over there didn't pay their dues, kick them out..... All sorts of things like that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:12:49 PM EDT
[#44]
My father bought 40 acres next to a neighborhood that was going up at the time.  He bought a few empty lots in the neighborhood bordering his property that way he would have votes in their HOA.  On the flip side, the HOA can't say shit about what he does on his 40 acres.  That's how you play property poker.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Oh fuck no! You missed a golden opportunity to lay into that ass clown! Should have ripped him a new one. Assholes. Hell, if it happed to me I believe I would drop trou and take a dump on my lawn while telling him to eat my shit.

Edit: well damn, I was beaten several times with the take a shit part! Do any of you spiteful geniuses have a newsletter I could subscribe to?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#46]
I printed out and mailed a picture of my asshole and ballz to my ex-HOA when I left California...

Mrs.InkyNwG helped...
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:15:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My father bought 40 acres next to a neighborhood that was going up at the time.  He bought a few empty lots in the neighborhood bordering his property that way he would have votes in their HOA.  On the flip side, the HOA can't say shit about what he does on his 40 acres.  That's how you play property poker.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:16:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That's living on the edge man. Way to passive aggressive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let the grass grow up just to piss them off.  My bitch of a neighbor called codes because I was working on my vette and we took the hood off.

Our codes state grass cannot average more than 4" high so I did the math and had 2 ac of perfectly manicured lawn and a 15' strip along her property that was 3' high.  It looked like shit and my wife did not like it but codes man said it was legal.

That's living on the edge man. Way to passive aggressive.

Yeah cause the guy that is saying fuck you to the passive aggressive HOA fuck sticks is the problem...  Right?  

Fuck HOA's and the decrepit asswipes that whine about shit that neither hurts them nor is any of their business.  In most cases they are nothing more than a bunch of nosy nancies that have too much time on their hands and think they need to have power over the way others live.  Much like democrats.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:20:30 PM EDT
[#49]

Apparently there are HOA rules against having your garage door open unless you are moving your vehicle in or out.   Story goes after too many visits from his HOA about leaving his garage door open for a little too long, said fellow had his garage door WRAPPED so it looked open and messy. Fuck the HOA FTW!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:20:40 PM EDT
[#50]
A guy I work with lives in one. They will fine you if you leave your car parked in your driveway and not in the garage with the door closed. And don't even think about working on the car in the driveway either. There is no way I would live in an HOA. I would be constantly looking at ads for a dozer.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top