Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/30/2015 9:18:46 AM EDT
Well Arfcom, our filly put on another show and took the Gulfstream Park Oaks and is now second in points to go to the 141st Kentucky Oaks on May 1st!!! The day before the Kentucky Derby!

SUPPORT THIS FILLY

If you have facebook please like the official birdatthewire facebook page. Bird is pro second amendment- open carry, green tips and all that The official page is at Birdatthewire.com

http://www.kentuckyderby.com/oaks/leaderboard

If any team members can embed video - here is a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkU99E1T1ho

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#1]
if any arfcommers are going to be at the KY Oaks or KY Derby chime in - looking forward to a great fun filled weekend.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks ScaryBlackGuns!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Very cool. I had a family friend of my parents who raced horses invite us out to a big race one time when I was 8. I asked my dad to put $10 on our friends horse even though the odds were not good.

Our friends horse won by an inch. I won over $300 which was the most money I had ever seen.
We got to go to the winners circle and had our picture taken with the horse and jockey. It was a very memorable time with my dad.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very cool. I had a family friend of my parents who raced horses invite us out to a big race one time when I was 8. I asked my dad to put $10 on our friends horse even though the odds were not good.

Our friends horse won by an inch. I won over $300 which was the most money I had ever seen.
We got to go to the winners circle and had our picture taken with the horse and jockey. It was a very memorable time with my dad.
View Quote

that is awesome! its a great experience for sure. I never was in to Horse Racing until I met my wife. I had watched the KY Derby before along with a few of the other big races but was in no way knowledgeable on the sport.

My daughter had the exact experience as you described and I believe is hooked Nothing like having a winning bet AND going into the winners circle!!!

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:26:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice turn and run on a difficult and long trip.  Good looking horse and impressive run.  I've been totally out of it on the prep races this year, will have to take a look at the closing fractions - seemed to have more horse left than the others.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Well of course I have to bet on an Arfcom horse!
Good luck at the Oaks!  
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Ill be there. My parents live in Louisville its an annual event. The Derby is one hell of a time! Ill put some money on it. If I win big I may buy you a membership
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:34:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Very nice turn and run on a difficult and long trip.  Good looking horse and impressive run.  I've been totally out of it on the prep races this year, will have to take a look at the closing fractions - seemed to have more horse left than the others.
View Quote
yeah she went out of the gates wide and the jockey stood up on her twice to slow her down and none of that helped but she is good at keeping her eyes set on the finishing line. She likes and wants to run.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Good luck at the Oaks!  
View Quote

For others the Kentucky Oaks is a HUGE race.  It is THE biggest race for fillies (girls) with a purse of 1 million dollars.  These fillies are the best of the best for fillie 3 year olds this year.

To say it's a big deal for the horse to make it into the Oaks is an understatement.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Good Luck!  
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:38:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ill be there. My parents live in Louisville its an annual event. The Derby is one hell of a time! Ill put some money on it. If I win big I may buy you a membership
View Quote

Do you or your parents know of any Realtor that would know of a 2 week rental house near the track?

EDITED - house found
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

For others the Kentucky Oaks is a HUGE race.  It is THE biggest race for fillies (girls) with a purse of 1 million dollars.  These fillies are the best of the best for fillie 3 year olds this year.

To say it's a big deal for the horse to make it into the Oaks is an understatement.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good luck at the Oaks!  

yes!- we are all giddy and beyond excited. Kinda feel like we are in a dream. Its happening so fast hence thats why we dont have any lodging.

My Father'N'Law  picked up this horse for 23k at the sale in Keenland. She has been racing and winning against horses people paid half million for - some even more. We are very proud of Birdatthewire and cant believe the effort and work she puts in.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#14]
I think we found a house, glad we got that figured out.

Ill update as we get closer and looking forward to having a drink or three with any arfcommers that will be in the area.

Here is the latest update on birdatthewire along with her past performances and few videos.
Eye On The Oaks

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Enjoy the owners suites and boxes. It's the bomb. I used to go to every oaks and derby but now just play and watch them from home. Hope she gets a good post position draw.

Any mine that bird in her line?  Can't remember if he had balls or not.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#16]
maybe we can do a copper and kings ARFCOM meet up. That place has some amazing swill

http://www.copperandkings.com/age-gate/?redirect_to=/
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#17]
No.?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No.?
View Quote

I'm trying to get an invite to owners club.

I'll keep bumping this just so folks realize just how big of a deal this is. We've got an owner of a very nice race horse, now don't screw up the odds.

100 win bet on this fine looking filly.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Awesome, OP!
I grew up in a racehorse family. We had quarter horses, though. Lots of traveling during that part of my life. We had some that did well. One that finished 4th in the world's richest horse race (at that time). The All American Futurity in 1980.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#20]
That horse has big ears.

Very cool, OP. Good luck!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm so giddy about the oaks and derby I can hardly contain mysel. It's that time of year.

That girl is my girl. I love it.

Fuck. I just really looked at the op pic. That horse is ready. Don't drive down the odds boys.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:49:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That horse has big ears.

Very cool, OP. Good luck!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

OP's horse walks into a bar

and the bartender says

"why the long face"?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:46:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm so giddy about the oaks and derby I can hardly contain mysel. It's that time of year.

Fuck. I just really looked at the op pic. That horse is ready. Don't drive down the odds boys.
View Quote

You ain't lieing, just watched the video went from near last starting on far outside post then hit the afterburners going into turn 3. That horse can run. Was some damn good jockeying too she could have gotten burnt out trying to work through that cluster fuck the first 1/2 but he just sat back nice and calm like.

OP is that Jockey going to be riding her at the KY oaks?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow, I just came back today and seen these post. Thanks for the support. I will keep you all posted as the race draws nears. Thanks a bunch for the Facebook likes too! Go Birdatthewire!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
hope you make it out to celebrate! This filly is going to fly!!!!
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I watch and play from home now. Once I started really handicapping I can't do it at the track on oaks or derby day unless I'm in an owners suite  

She looks damn fine. We'll see what happens in the coming weeks. Don't spill da beans on her.

I'm not privy to the back talk but I see a fine horse, and at this level there's no shenanigans. May the best horse win. Enjoy my town and enjoy how much we love the ponies.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:34:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Is there a way to bet online ?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Oaks and derby day are where I make my money.  Those are money making days.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is there a way to bet online ?
View Quote

At the risk of you boys driving down the odds.  

Tvg.com
Xpressbet.com
Twin spires.com

I use tvg because of the interface.  The others are backups.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:43:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Derby week is THE best time to be in Louieville PERIOD ! Being from LOUIEVILLE I schedule my vacation to be off for Derby week. The Oak's is unbelievable to be at ! Just hope it's not cold and or raining as the weather is really hit or miss that time of year !

Pic. of Derby from the starting gate ...... That's headed toward the finish to the first turn. The last turn is right behind that gate. That stretch run in the photo will make or break a lot of horses ! Not just from the distance ! But from the SOUND that they hear coming out of that last turn by that WALL of people you see on the right in that photo. It will be something they have never heard before.

Yes ! There will be that many people there if the weather is nice.

O.P. ! Are you going to have any extra backside passes ???
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Beautiful Horse.

I went with my friends dad to the track one day and only brought $20 walked away that day with over $5k.
Learned all about betting on horses from him and my friend would get pissed as I was spending more time with his dad then he would lol

RIP Bill.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:00:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Derby week is THE best time to be in Louieville PERIOD ! Being from LOUIEVILLE I schedule my vacation to be off for Derby week. The Oak's is unbelievable to be at ! Just hope it's not cold and or raining as the weather is really hit or miss that time of year !

View Quote

Dude. I have dibs on owner club seats. I was first.

I'll be watching this gal for sure. She looks GOOD. May she go off at 20-1.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:13:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wow, I just came back today and seen these post. Thanks for the support. I will keep you all posted as the race draws nears. Thanks a bunch for the Facebook likes too! Go Birdatthewire!!!!!!
View Quote

No. Hush about bird. She's in.

She's a longshot. Can't run. Nope. Nothing to see here. Can't do it. Doesn't have the speed. Nope.  Can't break outta da gate. Nope. Do not bet on this horse, she was bought super cheap.  Doesn't have the line.  Nope. Longshot. Do not bet on this horse.

Nope. She doesn't have it. Can't compete with the big girls.  She was way to tired and can't go the distance.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:19:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
if any arfcommers are going to be at the KY Oaks or KY Derby chime in - looking forward to a great fun filled weekend.
View Quote

I think I will put $$ on your horse Friday May the 1st.
Best of luck!
Hope to see you in the winners circle!
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Pic. of Derby from the starting gate ...... That's headed toward the finish to the first turn. The last turn is right behind that gate. That stretch run in the photo will make or break a lot of horses ! Not just from the distance ! But from the SOUND that they hear coming out of that last turn by that WALL of people you see on the right in that photo. It will be something they have never heard before.

Yes ! There will be that many people there if the weather is nice.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.60840.1313792512!/img/httpImage/gal-derby-race-7-jpg.jpg

View Quote

You're from Louisville but don't know how to spell it?

Seems legit for KY education
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Just trying to prep him in the proper pronunciation of the city ....

Lou - vull is one also ......

No one here pronounces it as Louis  -  ville  .....

If you do ... The people around here will think immediately .....

You ain't from round here are ya .....
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:22:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
maybe we can do a copper and kings ARFCOM meet up. That place has some amazing swill

http://www.copperandkings.com/age-gate/?redirect_to=/
View Quote

I am going to check this place out. Will keep everyone posted. It appears my week has filled up quite fast and Churchill Downs is rolling out the red carpet for those with horses in the Oaks and Derby. My wife and family will be going a week prior while I stay and wrap up some final shoots for my company.

One place I must go that I have been  before.... and in my opinion had the best burger ever!!!.. is the Holy Grale. Nice little bar in an old church and they make an excellent burger.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Congratulations, nice sleek looking girl you have there

Looks like I will be hanging at the local para mutual on the First

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Not sure how I missed this photo but I think it is an awesome picture of Birdatthewire making her move. The determination and focus on Jockey Irad Ortiz Jr. is 100% pure win! Birdatthewire (Adam Coglianese Photography)
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Almost feels like the Final Four

While the "Road to the Final Four" reached its conclusion the night of April 6 in Indianapolis with the men's NCAA basketball championship game, it's time to get on the onramp for the "Road to Louisville."
One can't help but feel that the contenders for this year's May 1 Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) has a certain  "Final Four" feel to it.

Birdatthewire is in Kentucky now. Here is a photo of her and my father n law during her pit stop in Ocala.

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#42]
She's a beautiful horse, man.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Awesome, and congrats!  Only missed one Oaks/Derby weekend in the last 6 years.  I have the time of my life.  Can't even imagine running a horse.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
She's a beautiful horse, man.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:24:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Awesome, and congrats!  Only missed one Oaks/Derby weekend in the last 6 years.  I have the time of my life.  Can't even imagine running a horse.
View Quote

Well hopefully you can get out and watch her run!
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:08:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Bird is taking it all in at Churchill Downs.

15 DAYS TO THE 1 MILLION DOLLAR KENTUCKY OAKS

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#47]
On average, what do Jockeys get for a big win like that?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#48]
10% They have to pay their agent out of that too. They also have helpers they themselves pay for. Only other person that gets a cut is trainer.

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#49]
??

NO BFL???

??

Link Posted: 4/16/2015 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Works?  Times?  I need the info to really support her.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top