BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's my primary carry. I love it and the trigger is great for a factory job, IMO. It is one of the newer generations, that have the improved trigger, so I can't comment on the older ones.
I never have been able to like Glocks, but I can understand why people do. The M&P feels better and more aesthetically pleasing to me. The mags are more expensive, but I'm used to buying Sig mags, so......
View Quote

I'm actually really surprised how far down M&P mags have come down since a year or two ago. I remember looking at them and they were around $55. They can be had for $34 on midway right now, and Glock mags are $25.

I guess large quantity production brings prices down.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So drop another $100 to accomplish what is already in the glock?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same reason Glock 43 is getting shit on vs Shield.

Their competitor already made the clearly better product.

It's not a bad little pistol but the 19 is the perfect (size) midsize handgun.

ETA and the trigger is better too

Apex DCAEK in my 9c and 9 full size.

Glocks go for $100 more already and have weak polymer sights that are prone to breakage (that need to be replaced).
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But then you have a better pistol instead of the Glock.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:42:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And go through the hassle of removing the rear sight to change the striker block.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:44:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

ETA: Glock really needs to get a rail on the G26.  I guarantee they are losing sales for the lack of it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:45:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

M&P w/DCAEK shoots hot brass all over the stock Glock trigger's face
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Does it rust as quickly as a Shield?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Glocks go for $100 more already and have weak polymer sights that are prone to breakage (that need to be replaced).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

O, sorry... I was looking for the plastic insert that popped out of my M&P front sight on my first range trip.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

O, sorry... I was looking for the plastic insert that popped out of my M&P front sight on my first range trip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you talking about the white dot?

If so, meh. The sights are still usable. They're still zeroed, and you're not missing the actual sight. You can fill in the sight with white paint and it will work the same.

If your rear or front sight snaps off, you can't use the sights.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#11]

My dad bought a S&W M&P 357 after shooting my M&P9.

He got a great deal on it. $550 OTD from a dealer for a brand new M&P 357 WITH a spare barrel in .40 S&W, Trijicon night sights, 3rd magazine, and a $50 mail-in rebate.

He ended up selling it right before December 2012...because he wanted a safety and he decided to want a 9mm because it was cheaper to shoot.

He chose poorly after he chose wisely. I hate the safety on the M&P. It doesn't even need one. Also, 9mm was scarce during 2012.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I had a full size .40 that shot pie plate groups at 40 feet. If hadn't done that I would probably like them better, but I traded it in on a G35.4 and don't regret it. Most of the guys I know that tried M&P's eventually went back to their Glocks. I'm not sure if it was teething problems, unfamiliarity after years of shooting Glocks or not happy with the reset on the trigger. To each their own but I have a lot of commonality  between my Glocks and an M&P would mean a lot of new crap to go out and buy to accommodate it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:M&P w/DCAEK shoots hot brass all over the stock Glock trigger's face
View Quote

I liked the Gen 4 stock Glock trigger much more than DCAEK.  Gen 3 w/ factory minus connector was even better.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I love my M&P 9C.

Before I bought mine I rented one, as well as a Glock and XD. The S&W out shot the other two hands down. The recoil was so much better controlled with the M&P and the grip fit my hand.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't think the 19 is why the 9c is talked about less.  It's real problem is the Shield.  You used to hear quite a bit about the 9c before the Shield came out.  Now, if you like M&Ps, you've got a full size, a slightly more compact, or a thin single stack to choose from.  The Shield is easier to carry, the full size is better for doing anything you don't conceal with, so the 9c only really has a niche with guys who want to conceal carry but prefer higher capacity and want M&P over Glock and other compact options.

If Glock had come out with a thin single stack instead of the G26, the 19 would have had the same problem and be more of an enthusiasts gun than it is, IMO.  

People like thin/easy to carry, and the Shield is what hurts the 9c's popularity, not anything Glock or anyone else is doing.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#16]
I personally don't like compacts that my pinkie has to ride on the mag. I like the grip to be just long enough to wrap all my fingers around like a HK USP compact or a Sig 228 or a glock 19. Shorter than that, I don't reload as fast because the lower part of my hand hangs past the mag well. A grip longer than a compact USP/228/g19 is longer than I need for a full grip and more to conceal.

It's one of the main reasons I got rid of my Glock 30 after many failed efforts to grow comfortable with it. It glock would make a gun with the same style slide as the 30, but an inch longer grip I'd snatch it up in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I have one and like it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:59:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Trigger sucks
Accuracy sucks
Mags are expensive
M&Ps function 100% about 80% of the time
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My dad bought a S&W M&P 357 after shooting my M&P9.

He got a great deal on it. $550 OTD from a dealer for a brand new M&P 357 WITH a spare barrel in .40 S&W, Trijicon night sights, 3rd magazine, and a $50 mail-in rebate.

He ended up selling it right before December 2012...because he wanted a safety and he decided to want a 9mm because it was cheaper to shoot.

He chose poorly after he chose wisely. I hate the safety on the M&P. It doesn't even need one. Also, 9mm was scarce during 2012.

View Quote

3 rd mag?   Does he live in Kali?

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#20]
I have an M&P45c and I really like it and do carry it often.  I do have an Apex poly trigger and carry kit which make a big difference in trigger feel.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:01:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I carry one.
View Quote

Me too. Good little pistol.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Have one.

Not a fan of mine.

Same size range, I'd rather carry my Sig SP2022, if I need to go smaller I'd carry my Shield.

If I want to go bigger, I'll carry my VP9.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Trigger sucks
Accuracy sucks
Mags are expensive
M&Ps function 100% about 80% of the time
View Quote

no not really.

Anyone have a lead on a threaded 9c barrel that is in stock? I bought a octane 9 for my wife's M&P on Friday.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can't stand the trigger on a glock. I love my m&p 9c trigger though. Different strokes I guess.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Get a 19 and you will know why the Compact is not worth it. It is roughly the same size, less rounds, and to me seems wider than necessary. Its not a bad gun, but it does nothing the G19 does.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In the never ending quest to find the G19 killer, why isn't the M&P 9C at all popular? People love the shield and the full size duty M&P, but I never hear shit about the 9C....

And for the record I do own glocks (no 19) and no M&P, but I don't hate M&Ps....

Get a 19 and you will know why the Compact is not worth it. It is roughly the same size, less rounds, and to me seems wider than necessary. Its not a bad gun, but it does nothing the G19 does.

I bought a G19 solely because of endless posts like yours. After taking it to the range, trip after trip, I sold it. Been carrying a M&P9c ever since.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#26]
It's been a while but the M&P that I owned had a trigger that felt like rubber.  I sold it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I can't stand the trigger on a glock. I love my m&p 9c trigger though. Different strokes I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I pretty much ignore anyone that mentions the quality of a Glock trigger over anything short of a staple gun.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#28]
I love mine and I'm looking for a spare for my Dad.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
It's my go-to, I have an M&P9 and Shield9 as well.  9c is my primary carry, I absolutely trust it.
View Quote

This, only I don't have a Shield. I love my M&Ps, and the 9c is my choice.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's my go-to, I have an M&P9 and Shield9 as well.  9c is my primary carry, I absolutely trust it.
View Quote

This. Carry a 9c, have a 9shield and 2 full size 9s
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:23:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the never ending quest to find the G19 killer, why isn't the M&P 9C at all popular? People love the shield and the full size duty M&P, but I never hear shit about the 9C....

And for the record I do own glocks (no 19) and no M&P, but I don't hate M&Ps....

Except 9c fit your hands 1000% better.

There's only so many ways to shave that square Glock down and put finger grooves in. That only took 25 years to figure out.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't think the 19 is why the 9c is talked about less.  It's real problem is the Shield.  You used to hear quite a bit about the 9c before the Shield came out.  Now, if you like M&Ps, you've got a full size, a slightly more compact, or a thin single stack to choose from.  The Shield is easier to carry, the full size is better for doing anything you don't conceal with, so the 9c only really has a niche with guys who want to conceal carry but prefer higher capacity and want M&P over Glock and other compact options.

If Glock had come out with a thin single stack instead of the G26, the 19 would have had the same problem and be more of an enthusiasts gun than it is, IMO.  

People like thin/easy to carry, and the Shield is what hurts the 9c's popularity, not anything Glock or anyone else is doing.

View Quote

Pretty much this.  I started off with a fullsize M&P and loved it.  Then I got the compact for carry.  A couple years later I bought two shields (one for the wife unit and one for me).  If the shield had been out originally I'd never have bought the compact.  It has absolutely nothing to do with the G19 for me.

I still like taking the compact to classes and to the range.  With a fullsize mag it is a nice backup to the fullsize M&P.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#33]
My dad has one. Ive shot it. Horrible trigger.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except getting a 3.5lb ghost connector runs money as well plus a little fitting. While a little bit cheaper, at least compare apples to apples on trigger jobs. Oh depending on the model, a smooth trigger, whoever decided that serrated trigger was a good idea at Glock needs to be dragged into the street and shot. I know only certain model types had them or did when I used to shoot them. Don't know if they changed that or not. It's been ten years so they might have made a change since then, kinda doubt it though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
People bitch about the size, but I think it is really sensible.  S&W did exactly what everyone wanted with those guns (G26 and G19 could be a tad bigger).  Some people would bitch about a tit job if the tits were too big and round these days.

There is no pleasing you people.

View Quote

I like big round tits, whats wrong with these people ?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:35:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Uh... no.  Not even close.

The Apex parts turn the S&W trigger into something the Glock can't touch.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#37]
I carry one every day in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster. Seems like the perfect compromise of size, capacity, comfort and accuracy for me. Ironically, mine is from about 2009 so it has the old trigger, but it's always felt great to me. I like it so much that a few months ago I bought a M&P full-size 9mm for the range. It supposedly has the "improved" trigger but I'm about to drop an Apex kit in it because it isn't near as nice to me as my old compact. If I'm impressed enough with the Apex in the full size I'll probably put one in the compact as well.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I like the 9c.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People bitch about the size, but I think it is really sensible.  S&W did exactly what everyone wanted with those guns (G26 and G19 could be a tad bigger).  Some people would bitch about a tit job if the tits were too round these days.

There is no pleasing you people.

I like the 9c.

I like my 9c....it's right between carrying a shield or a g19.  Sometimes its the right carry choice depending on what I am wearing.  These days a single stack doesn't feel like it's enough capacity, so the 9c gives me a few more rounds than my shield.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My dad has one. Ive shot it. Horrible trigger.
View Quote

Fix trigger. Profit.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I own one, like it and shoot it quite a bit.  I also own a G19.  The G19 gets more usage mainly because I've owned it much longer.  

When I first bought my (brand new) M&P 9C the f'n Magazine Disconnect Lever fell out the second I took it out of the box.  It also had a thumb safety (couldn't find a version with no safety locally) and the Frame Blocks to fill the gaps if you remove the thumb safety were impossible to find online.  I called S&W to get an RMA for the Magazine Disconnect Lever issue and asked if I could purchase a set of the Frame Blocks while it was in for warranty service.  The representative on the phone said they don't do that for liability reasons.  When I packed the gun up for the warranty repair, I stuffed a bunch of candy in the box and left a note kindly asking for them to remove the thumb safety and add the Frame Blocks.

Sure enough, when I got it back the thumb safety was in a little bag and the frame blocks were installed.    Thousands of rounds later it has been flawless.
View Quote

Thats a great story.  Strong work with the candy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a shield in 9mm, so the 9c is not of interest to me.

I have a colt officer's in .45 if I want to carry a larger pistol CCW.

I have a VP-9 and an M&P .45 if I want to OC a full size.
I have a S&W 25-5 in .45 LC if I want to go old school OC.

I have others, but they are range or hunting guns and not pertinent to the discussion.

I neither like nor dislike the 9c, it simply is not of interest to me.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#42]
I have a 9C. I have it cause I never like the feel of a Block in my hands.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:01:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I pretty much ignore anyone that mentions the quality of a Glock trigger over anything short of a staple gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screen name + comment = comedy gold
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Either one works fine for me , the M&P just fits my hand better.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#45]
I love my 9c, 14+1

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#46]
The 9/40c are nice guns, but the problem for me is that the frame is too short for a full grip, but with the extension on the magazine is practically just as big as a G19.  At the same time, it isn't as small as a G26, so for me the G26 is a better option when I want something smaller than a G19.  If they made an M&P with G19 grip dimensions, it would take a bite out of Glock's business IMO (and that comes from someone who has owned about 25 Glocks).
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Simply because there isn't a loud, annoying chorus of overly represented Internet fanbois, doesn't meant the M&P 9c isn't an excellent, popular, and highly regarded pistol.

Same goes for the M&P.40c.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Trigger sucks Wrong
Accuracy sucks Wrong
Mags are expensive OK, I'll give you this one
M&Ps function 100% about 80% of the time Wrong
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:31:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Bought two when they first came out,  (9 and 40)   It's a nice little gun.  TOO little. I sold them both because I  had a hard time holding onto it.  If S&W came out with a mid-size I'd be  right there with money.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I bought a G19 solely because of endless posts like yours. After taking it to the range, trip after trip, I sold it. Been carrying a M&P9c ever since.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't speak for the M&P 9c, but the M&P 9 does do something the G19 doesn't: It keeps the wife from bitching about how much she hates my G19.

I got a sweet deal on the thing, used, and it's worth every single penny, from that standpoint alone.

I'd ASSUME the same is true for the M&P 9c.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top