Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/30/2015 3:32:37 AM EDT
In the never ending quest to find the G19 killer, why isn't the M&P 9C at all popular? People love the shield and the full size duty M&P, but I never hear shit about the 9C....

And for the record I do own glocks (no 19) and no M&P, but I don't hate M&Ps....
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:34:03 AM EDT
[#1]
It's my go-to, I have an M&P9 and Shield9 as well.  9c is my primary carry, I absolutely trust it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:39:29 AM EDT
[#2]
People bitch about the size, but I think it is really sensible.  S&W did exactly what everyone wanted with those guns (G26 and G19 could be a tad bigger).  Some people would bitch about a tit job if the tits were too big and round these days.

There is no pleasing you people.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:40:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:41:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Same reason Glock 43 is getting shit on vs Shield.

Their competitor already made the clearly better product.

It's not a bad little pistol but the 19 is the perfect (size) midsize handgun.

ETA and the trigger is better too
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:44:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Apex DCAEK in my 9c and 9 full size.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:44:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I kinda wish that it was around the size of the 45c.. and that I could still get a new one here
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:45:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I like the 9c.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

People bitch about the size, but I think it is really sensible.  S&W did exactly what everyone wanted with those guns (G26 and G19 could be a tad bigger).  Some people would bitch about a tit job if the tits were too round these days.

I like the 9c.
I thought they found a great compromise in size.

ETA: Glock really needs to get a rail on the G26.  I guarantee they are losing sales for the lack of it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:46:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. You had to pay another $100 bucks to make it equal to its competitor

I like the pistol, the Glock is just objectively the better product. I'm glad you like it though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:47:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Not mine.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:01:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

ETA: Glock really needs to get a rail on the G26.  I guarantee they are losing sales for the lack of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
People bitch about the size, but I think it is really sensible.  S&W did exactly what everyone wanted with those guns (G26 and G19 could be a tad bigger).  Some people would bitch about a tit job if the tits were too round these days.

I like the 9c.

I always thought a rail on a 26 was silly bc of its subcom nature, but I guess people like lights on subcoms, I never saw the point.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:15:54 AM EDT
[#11]
because it is an m&p?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:20:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Because it plain works and fits your hands.

Meanwhile the blocks... errr Glocks have to be modified 28 ways to Sunday and go through 50 creations to reach... well never reach "perfection."

Thank goodness their crappy mags are cheap and crappy! And positive reset! lol

I'll stick with my M&P9c.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:30:31 AM EDT
[#13]
A 9c is my EDC. Full size is for car/nightstand duty.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:32:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I like the pistol, the Glock is just objectively the better product. I'm glad you like it though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apex makes the trigger better than Glocks.

Also, considering a Glock 19 gen 4 will run about $100 more than the M&P 9c, and you need to swap out the sights on the Glock at an additional expense...
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:37:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Also, considering a Glock 19 gen 4 will run about $100 more than the M&P 9c, and you need to swap out the sights on the Glock at an additional expense...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With an extra mag so cut that price diff down some.
The trigger being better agree to disagree.
I put night sights on my carry piece so, I would change it regardless.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 4:57:33 AM EDT
[#16]
I carry one sometimes and shoot it well.  It's a good concealment gun.  

It isn't better than a G19.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:02:41 AM EDT
[#17]
I shoot the 9c way better the the full size. Don't know why. Same for the M&P 22 vs M&P 22c. ?????
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:04:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

The 43 isn't even out yet.
Shitting on it is just fanboys being retarded.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:20:25 AM EDT
[#19]
It's my primary carry. I love it and the trigger is great for a factory job, IMO. It is one of the newer generations, that have the improved trigger, so I can't comment on the older ones.
I never have been able to like Glocks, but I can understand why people do. The M&P feels better and more aesthetically pleasing to me. The mags are more expensive, but I'm used to buying Sig mags, so......
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:26:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Because it plain works and fits your hands.

Meanwhile the blocks... errr Glocks have to be modified 28 ways to Sunday and go through 50 creations to reach... well never reach "perfection."

Thank goodness their crappy mags are cheap and crappy! And positive reset! lol

I'll stick with my M&P9c.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:29:22 AM EDT
[#21]
I got one a couple months ago to be my new carry gun.

I, personally, have never had a malfunction with it.

That said, my fiance has fired exactly 3 rounds through it, and 2 of them were jams, so it is apparently very susceptible to limp wristing.  Not sure how I feel about that yet.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:30:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn't think so.  When I started carrying again, bought a 9C, then a 9.  DCAEK in both.

After 14 years of disliking Glocks, I picked up a G19 Gen 4, which I can get for ~$70 less than an M&P.

Still have a Shield, but carrying a G19 and shooting IDPA with a G17.

9 and 9C are both gone.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:30:23 AM EDT
[#23]
The 9c is my edc for what its worth.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:38:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:45:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Nope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

Flip the rear sight around and they are usable.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:57:13 AM EDT
[#26]

Simply because there isn't a loud, annoying chorus of overly represented Internet fanbois, doesn't meant the M&P 9c isn't an excellent, popular, and highly regarded pistol.

Same goes for the M&P.40c.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:58:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Try a Sig 320C, problem solved.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:15:05 AM EDT
[#28]
I just want the Caracal back...

The Steyrs look promising too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:22:36 AM EDT
[#29]
I love my M&Pc. I just took it out yesterday. It's newer production so the trigger is fine for me. It's accurate, more concealable than a G19 (for me), and has a great capacity for its size considering the flush fit magazine. I'm kind of surprised S&W hasn't engineered the magazine base with the finger extension to hold an extra round or two.

Right now, my current edc is a Kahr CM9. I don't dislike it, but I definitely want another Shield.

I only have a Raven for the M&Pc slams no OWB carry for me unless I have some layered clothing. With the Texas summer upon us, I really need an AIWB for it. Right now, it's on nightstand duty with a TLR-3 attached.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:26:37 AM EDT
[#30]
I carry my 9c and my spare mag is a full size 17 rounder.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:40:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That said, my fiance has fired exactly 3 rounds through it, and 2 of them were jams, so it is apparently very susceptible to limp wristing.  Not sure how I feel about that yet.
View Quote

Same experience here. I took my Wife and two kids to the range and we all fired my buddies 9C. It shot great for me and I really liked it but it stovepiped and failed to feed for everybody else. I just can't buy a gaun that won't work for everybody in my family.

FWIW, my Gen 2 Glock 19 will do the same thing sometimes, but not nearly as bad.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:45:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
In the never ending quest to find the G19 killer, why isn't the M&P 9C at all popular? People love the shield and the full size duty M&P, but I never hear shit about the 9C....

And for the record I do own glocks (no 19) and no M&P, but I don't hate M&Ps....
View Quote

Get a 19 and you will know why the Compact is not worth it. It is roughly the same size, less rounds, and to me seems wider than necessary. Its not a bad gun, but it does nothing the G19 does.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:46:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Same experience here. I took my Wife and two kids to the range and we all fired my buddies 9C. It shot great for me and I really liked it but it stovepiped and failed to feed for everybody else. I just can't buy a gaun that won't work for everybody in my family.

FWIW, my Gen 2 Glock 19 will do the same thing sometimes, but not nearly as bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Limp wristing will cause this. Had one daughter have a lot of trouble with GEN4 19. We switched back to a GEN 3 and the troubles went away.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#34]
I think the trigger probably is the reason, although mine isn't too bad (some seem to be better than others). I personally shoot it and the Glock 19 about the same running  some basic drills. Since my wife tried my 9C I have lost it though and when we have been out shooting I have become aware that I actually do the best with my 2.5" S&W 19 (now this is using mid level 357 loads, haven't tried the firebreathers in it for a long time) and the difference is reasonably significant too.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:29:19 AM EDT
[#35]
The M&P9C has been my everyday carry since I bought it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:33:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

as are people that are taking Gaston's load in their mouths over the G43

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:38:47 AM EDT
[#37]
It is an excellent pistol. Carry it frequently.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:39:28 AM EDT
[#38]
I EDC an M&P .40c with a DCAEK and carry a G23 on duty. I honestly can't decide which I like better, but I shoot the glock better because I've put tens of thousands of rounds through glocks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:42:56 AM EDT
[#39]
I absolutely love mine. for those of you experiencing stovepipe especially with women shooters it has to be the individual women. I have had women from the ages of 14 to 65 shoot my 9c and absolutely love it with zero malfunction. granted I have shown each one of them how to keep from limp wristing so that may be why I don't have the same experience.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:43:46 AM EDT
[#40]
I love mine and it's my main CCW along with my CM9. I also love my glocks. I'll be adding a G19 and 20 in the future.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:49:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 63 y/o arthritic MIL was shooting my G34 without any issues the other day except that the Gen 3 grip is waaaay too big for her.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#42]
The G19 is better. It's a pretty simple problem.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:55:39 AM EDT
[#43]

ATEi?

I like my full size M&P. I'd but a M&P that was the size of a Glock 19 in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:57:38 AM EDT
[#44]
EDC'd a 9c for several years, very comfortable to carry & shoot and reliable w/anything I fed it. The only reasons I changed were the short light rail (too short to accept my preferred APL) and extreme difficulty using the slide lock as a slide release (I'm old-school).
Tomac
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#45]
I thought the m&p.45c w/thumb safety was the answer to my carry prayers until I fondled one.  It doesn't fit my hand or point as naturally and the G19 which has the worn bar of soap feel.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:10:13 AM EDT
[#46]
I own one, like it and shoot it quite a bit.  I also own a G19.  The G19 gets more usage mainly because I've owned it much longer.  

When I first bought my (brand new) M&P 9C the f'n Magazine Disconnect Lever fell out the second I took it out of the box.  It also had a thumb safety (couldn't find a version with no safety locally) and the Frame Blocks to fill the gaps if you remove the thumb safety were impossible to find online.  I called S&W to get an RMA for the Magazine Disconnect Lever issue and asked if I could purchase a set of the Frame Blocks while it was in for warranty service.  The representative on the phone said they don't do that for liability reasons.  When I packed the gun up for the warranty repair, I stuffed a bunch of candy in the box and left a note kindly asking for them to remove the thumb safety and add the Frame Blocks.  

Sure enough, when I got it back the thumb safety was in a little bag and the frame blocks were installed.    Thousands of rounds later it has been flawless.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:17:53 AM EDT
[#47]
I have one and carry it more than I carry my G26. They're almost exactly the same height and width, and the M&Pc holds 2 more rounds. To each his own, though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:24:47 AM EDT
[#48]
M&P 9c is on my list to get.

Right now I carry a 45c iwb.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So drop another $100 to accomplish what is already in the glock?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#50]
I carry one.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top