Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/27/2015 3:30:41 PM EDT
You can literally rip into a woman’s womb, pull out her unborn baby, smash him to death against a bathtub, feed him to the dogs or throw him over a cliff and get away with it. Nope, not murder in Colorado, it’s just sort of not cool of you, maybe even frowned upon.  
We cant have it both ways folks now can we, either killing babies is wrong or its not. Colorado sticks to its guns. Killing babies is ok.. if they havent been "born" yet.
Well done Colorado!
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/26/us/colorado-pregnant-woman-attack/index.html
FerFAL
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
At least they are consistent, not like most of the states.

Nowehre else is abortion more convoluted than in criminal justice. In most states, if you kill a fetus you can be charged with a homicide, but the mother can go and get the kid sucked out with the blessing of the government.

If a woman were on her way to an abortion clinic, and you ran a red light drunk driving and t-boned her and she lost the baby, you could be charged with manslaughter.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Unbelievable!!  Liberalism, that's how it works.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Poor kid.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Boy, Colorado...your legislature sucks.

They spend all their time stripping you of your 2A rights, but they can't be bothered to protect unborn children who the mother wants to keep.  

I guess hippies smoking marijuana requires more attention from your State.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nowehre else is abortion more convoluted than in criminal justice. In most states, if you kill a fetus you can be charged with a homicide, but the mother can go and get the kid sucked out with the blessing of the government.

If a woman were on her way to an abortion clinic, and you ran a red light drunk driving and t-boned her and she lost the baby, you could be charged with manslaughter.

View Quote

yep.
if abortion is legal, it can't be illegal to kill a fetus.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Poor child.  Poor mother.  

Fuck that scum that cut that baby out.  Feed her to ISIS.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#10]
wtf is wrong with Colorado.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Circling the drain.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pot is legal.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:45:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Pot is legal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pot is legal.

libertarian paradise.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Consistently wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consistently wrong.

But consistent. NY allows abortions for any reason, but you get into a car accident and you can be charged with Vehicular Manslaughter if the fetus dies.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Pot is legal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pot is legal.

Says the hypocrite with a glass of whiskey in his avatar
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#16]
That made me sick.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:52:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pot is legal.

It's for my glaucoma and fibromyalgia.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:54:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Disgrace that it was not considered murder simply because the baby did not take a breath.
The mother did not choose to end the life of the baby, someone else did, therefore it should me murder

I'll stay out of the abortion debate.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Hasn't it been "born" once you cut it out? Seems like that would make it murder.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Disgrace that it was not considered murder simply because the baby did not take a breath.

The mother did not choose to end the life of the baby, someone else did, therefore it should me murder

View Quote

I find it comical that murder in your opinion simply hinges on the mothers choice.  

It has human dna, active brain waves, and you kill it on purpose = should be murder.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pot is legal.

but you're only 26!!!

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
but you're only 26!!!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pot is legal.

but you're only 26!!!  

Damn.  I thought I was 32.  
I guess it's for my dementia also.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I find it comical that murder in your opinion simply hinges on the mothers choice.  

It has human dna, active brain waves, and you kill it on purpose = should be murder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Her body, her rules. Let em do what they want.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

yep.
if abortion is legal, it can't be illegal to kill a your own fetus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep.
if abortion is legal, it can't be illegal to kill a your own fetus.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Boy, Colorado...your legislature sucks.

They spend all their time stripping you of your 2A rights, but they can't be bothered to protect unborn children who the mother wants to keep.  

I guess hippies smoking marijuana requires more attention from your State.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not all killing of a human is murder. There are plenty of situations in which taking a human life is in no way murder.

Though in this case it obviously was. Likewise the vast majority of abortions.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

No, not all killing of a human is murder. There are plenty of situations in which taking a human life is in no way murder.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed, I left out the caveat of without just cause.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

It has become East Commiefornia.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its not her body. Its another person's body (the baby) that she's killing. And even the baby is not hers, it was made by two people, her and her male partner.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:11:41 PM EDT
[#30]
<----- Pro choice.  

Fine by me.  Who am I to tell someone...who has absolutely no bearing on my life whatsoever....what they can and cannot do with their bodies, their life, their future, when it has absolutely no effect on my life?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#31]
This should be in the religion forum ... OP is trolling.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:15:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
<----- Pro choice.  

Fine by me.  Who am I to tell someone...who has absolutely no bearing on my life whatsoever....what they can and cannot do with their bodies, their life, their future, when it has absolutely no effect on my life?
View Quote

You know, if I murdered my neighbors, it would have no effect on your life either... You cool with that too?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Oh look.  An abortion thread.  This should be lovely.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This should be in the religion forum ... OP is trolling.
View Quote

Wrong.  There are some folks here who are trying to turn this story into a debate on abortion, but that's not the OP's fault.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

<----- Pro choice.

Fine by me. Who am I to tell someone...who has absolutely no bearing on my life whatsoever....what they can and cannot do with their bodies, their life, their future, when it has absolutely no effect on my life?
View Quote

You do realize this thread originates with the kidnapping of a child followed by it's death because the crazy person cut it from it's mother early and didn't get it to the hospital in time, right?  Babies born 2 months premature routinely survive at this point.  The only reason it died is because it didn't get immediate medical attention upon birth, the only reason the birth was premature is because a crazy lady cut it from it's mother to kidnap it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
<----- Pro choice.  

View Quote

Well , you could make the same arguement for pretty much every other law. Why would you care about anyone elses business?
But lets play that game then:
Lets say that was YOUR daugther, the one that got gut like a fish, had her baby murdered, wouldnt that bother you just a tad? Guess not, because its not a baby or a living being, its just a thing inside a real persons body, pro choice, right? Or would you be singing a different tune if it was your own grandchildren that saw such a brutal death?
FerFAL
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#37]
One of these days, folks are going to look back on abortion like we do slavery and shake their heads.

Where we're at with it, and the laws surrounding it, in this nation right now is a fucking disgrace.

And wouldn't you know it, liberals are backing it again

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:19:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Baby had to draw a breath to be considered alive.

I fucking hate this state and what it has become.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I dont remember and I dont even want to check because it makes me sick, but 8 months? Man, that baby took breath, I'm sure he even cried.
Anyone that ever had a baby knows how they move, react to voices from within the womb. Mine would even move when hungry or when my wife ate something sweet like chocolate, he would go nuts in there. Its a baby, its just waiting to be well developed to go out. My second son was born through c section almost a month ahead of time becuase he was a bit too big, he came out crying, peeing, eyes moving and staring all around. He was pissed for being evicted from momma!
Poor little guy being murdered like that and not even getting any justice. Colorado, love the place but GFY!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Glad I don't live there anymore. Feel sorry for the good folks that still do. Hopefully you can take the state back, but it seemed bloody unlikely when I left.  

I'll get over the lack of scenery. Being able to look at big rocks and slide down them on sticks when it snows isn't worth the politics.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#41]
PROGRESS!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Makes no sense to me!  I believe that it should be murder, no matter who does the killing!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#43]
I used to work not far from there
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:34:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Um, I think that would qualify as aggravated assault, so nobody would "get away with it."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Colorado, the new florida
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

California was one of the first states to enact a fetal murder law.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

The suspects husband said the baby breathed but the coroner said it was already dead.  Go figure one was there the other was not.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Um, I think that would qualify as aggravated assault, so nobody would "get away with it."

View Quote

Good point.

The defendant will still likely be convicted of another offense, but if the woman didn't die it will not be for murder in the first or whatever equals that in Colorado.  

Still, a wanted pregnancy that is terminated through an assault should be treated as murder under the law in a civilized society. Whether you're pro-choice or pro-life shouldn't even factor into that.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Unbelievable!!  Liberalism, that's how it works.
View Quote
I couldn't think of anything I wanted to say that was COC complaint

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#50]
I think there should be a tax-payer funded abortion clinic on every corner but IMHO that was murder. I'll split hairs, because I can.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top