Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I womder if drone-boy realizes that if any of those kids disappear, someone will likely assume he did it and try to beat the truth out of him.
View Quote

Maybe he has a sense of civic duty and wants to insure that the neighborhood kids get home safe.
What would you opinion be if/when he calls the cops when a real pedo pulls up beside a child?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:52:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In before those who will defend this as vociferously as the guy standing naked in his door way every time children pass by.  
View Quote

Had to look up the big words in the dictionary.

Seriously, though, the officers didn't look deep enough.  I suspect they have a child annoyance (a mild version of stalking) statute they could have used.  Maybe it would have been taken up on appeal and set come case law in the process.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry . If he followed my kids with one , the last recording he got from it it would be a dude in coveralls with a Michael Myers mask blowing his little fuck monkey toy out of the sky.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It sure is a huge red flag for those with children though.  Note he isn't just some guy flying his toy around.  He's specifically using it to FOLLOW CHILDREN HOME.  

If his thought processes view that as acceptable, then he is fucked in the head.  Illegal or not, he's fucked up.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Being a creep ain't illegal.

It sure is a huge red flag for those with children though.  Note he isn't just some guy flying his toy around.  He's specifically using it to FOLLOW CHILDREN HOME.  

If his thought processes view that as acceptable, then he is fucked in the head.  Illegal or not, he's fucked up.  

I don't disagree.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sorry . If he followed my kids with one , the last recording he got from it it would be a dude in coveralls with a Michael Myers mask blowing his little fuck monkey toy out of the sky.
View Quote

Pretty much.

You'd be a fucking hero around here.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Maybe he has a sense of civic duty and wants to insure that the neighborhood kids get home safe.
What would you opinion be if/when he calls the cops when a real pedo pulls up beside a child?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I womder if drone-boy realizes that if any of those kids disappear, someone will likely assume he did it and try to beat the truth out of him.

how does drone-boy know what a "real pedo" looks like?
I don't need any self-appointed Galahad following my kid with an aerial camera.

If you honestly think he's some kind of concerned citizen, I've got some hard truths for you about the tooth fairy and Social Security.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:27:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In before those who will defend this as vociferously as the guy standing naked in his door way every time children pass by.  
View Quote

Lol naked guy in his house and soccer moms photographing his wiener equals someone remotely tracking children from school to their homes.

Sure thing guy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yup 12 guage
View Quote

3 1/2" steel magnum BB duck rounds might be very nice, in case you are hunting anywhere near protected water.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#11]
All this bravado and anti-law rhetoric under the guise of protecting children. If people with these views vote R and think that's conservatism, I hope your party drowns in a shallow bathtub and takes their constituents with it.

Advocating beating a man, who was accused by the news media of doing something totally legal, if anything questionable happens to a child in the area? Lol... seriously, reading this thread has turned me from a staunch supporter of conservative viewpoints. appeal to emotion and advocate unlawful behavior because someone does something you dont agree with? You're all a bunch of fucking tyrants.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why does everyone automatically jump to the conclusion that this is a negative thing?  Chances are the guy is just practicing and if not he could just be doing some high tech neighborhood watch.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:40:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
All this bravado and anti-law rhetoric under the guise of protecting children. If people with these views vote R and think that's conservatism, I hope your party drowns in a shallow bathtub and takes their constituents with it.

Advocating beating a man, who was accused by the news media of doing something totally legal, if anything questionable happens to a child in the area? Lol... seriously, reading this thread has turned me from a staunch supporter of conservative viewpoints. appeal to emotion and advocate unlawful behavior because someone does something you dont agree with? You're all a bunch of fucking tyrants.
View Quote

Whatever . Play with your toy all you want to. Freak my kid out with it and you will be minus it.  When it comes to their safety I will act like a tyrant and whomever doesnt like that may lick my left ball.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I would not want someone surveilling my children.  Lawful or not.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

You have kids?  Ever worry about someone snatching them?  That guy just put his face on the fear that every parent has.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Why does everyone automatically jump to the conclusion that this is a negative thing?  Chances are the guy is just practicing and if not he could just be doing some high tech neighborhood watch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plenty of youtube videos of these things flying around neighborhoods.  (do a search for FPV on youtube)

No reason to think anybody would practice flying one, by flying it around their neighborhood.

(that's sarcasm, in case anybody's meter is out of calibration)
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:54:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You have kids?  Ever worry about someone snatching them?  That guy just put his face on the fear that every parent has.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, fuck him and his RC Quadcopter
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Accidental 12ga discharge.
View Quote

Per the article he already crashed it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Make a quad copter that has a claw on it to catch other quad copters.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Whatever . Play with your toy all you want to. Freak my kid out with it and you will be minus it.  When it comes to their safety I will act like a tyrant and whomever doesnt like that may lick my left ball.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, screw the rules, I'm just going to do what I want and everyone else can deal with it.

Cars coming down the street when my kids want to play in it? Fuck them. I'll shoot the car.  My kids, my rules.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Jeez, some grandma paraphrases a child of unspecified age claiming that the drone follows them home from school. That sure is a detailed account.

Lemme run and grab my pitchfork. Anyone have a torch I can borrow?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah, screw the rules, I'm just going to do what I want and everyone else can deal with it.

Cars coming down the street when my kids want to play in it? Fuck them. I'll shoot the car.  My kids, my rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No rule sepercedes the safety of my kids. None. Fuck your car and your copter.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Jeez, some grandma paraphrases a child of unspecified age claiming that the drone follows them home from school. That sure is a detailed account.

Lemme run and grab my pitchfork. Anyone have a torch I can borrow?
View Quote

You can borrow mine when I'm done with the quadcopter..
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Why don't some of you just come out and say it?

There outa be a law...
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apples to oranges comparison...although I do see your Freedom point...

However this merging of the surveillance state is going to turn us all into schizophrenic citizens one day if people don't start to applying some cognitive dissonance when participating in life in general.  Lots things to make a decision about to to NOT PARTICIPATE in certain arenas...

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Just let the kids to lure it near the house and ambush it with rocks and a bunch of angry parents.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:15:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No rule?  Just throw them all out the window, because you suspect that their may be a vague threat to your kid's safety?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:15:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#29]
so following this, i guess the rc fanboys would be ok with someone following their kids around in a van taking pictures of them.  right?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

However this merging of the surveillance state is going to turn us all into schizophrenic citizens one day if people don't start to applying some cognitive dissonance when participating in life in general.  Lots things to make a decision about to to NOT PARTICIPATE in certain arenas...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't an example of the surveillance state, since it's a private individual, but I completely agree that mass surveillance, whether private or public, is something we need a real public debate about.  It's completely new to human society and we're just not set up to handle it right now.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks like a good time to practice throwing a ball around with the kids.

Oops. I hit your plane and killed it. Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:25:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote

The Matrix Turbo quad carrying two quads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D42JKIdWm1Y

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:26:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never owned a quadcopter before, but the Star Destroyer thread made me want to get one and a bunch of networked nano ones to serve as a TIE swarm.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yup.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
so following this, i guess the rc fanboys would be ok with someone following their kids around in a van taking pictures of them.  right?
View Quote

Only if the van was remote controlled!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yup.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup.  

Your locality most likely has a prohibition on firing weapons within X feet of a public street.  Thank you for providing video evidence of your crime.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

CoC doesn't apply as long as we justify being internet tough guys by say "It's for the children!"

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:33:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

My ex-wife worked at a public library branch, that was down the street from a private school.  A bunch of the kids would walk to the library and 'hang out' until their parents got off work and picked them up.  Same thing happened at the previous library branch she worked at, except that one was near a public school.

At the branch near the private school, they had a weird guy that always wore sweatpants.  He would come into the library and sit at a table, with his hands in his lap.  If he thought nobody was looking, he would fondle himself, while watching the school kids.  The branch had a couple of high school girls that worked there, part-time, shelving books.  One of them turned around to find the guy staring at her, his hands under the table, and obviously quite busy with his hands.

He was reported, several times.

No arrests.

He never exposed himself, and never touched anybody, so there wasn't anything the cops could do about it.  The library couldn't even toss him out, because it was public property and they had no proof of him even violating library rules.

And people are getting worked up over what they think some guy is up to, while he's flying an RC toy around the neighborhood?

As I frequently tell my daughter, when she asks why people do something that is obviously completely illogical, "people are stupid".
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Brings a whole new meaning to helicopter parent.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I've never owned a quadcopter before, but the Star Destroyer thread made me want to get one and a bunch of networked nano ones to serve as a TIE swarm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link, please?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Link, please?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link, please?

Awesome sauce
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Same with the term assault weapon. Never going to put that one down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So we are still calling them drones

Too late.  Already stuck in the public conscience.

Same with the term assault weapon. Never going to put that one down.

It doesn't help that it was started by the gun rags.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Photography isn't a crime.

But destruction of property is...
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Always wondered what an airsoftgun or paintball gun tuned up to 400fps would do to one of them.
View Quote

Put the paint balls in the freezer overnight.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

So is stalking and harassment. I've been told.....
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:50:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL. I can see someone using one to follow their kids.

It could also be that it was just flying around and and the kids thought they were followed.

Actually following around someone else's kids is creepy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"No laws have been broken"
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Being a creep ain't illegal.

Taking pictures of children in public (not your own) isn't illegal.

Creepy, yes, illegal no.

Photography is not a crime!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:54:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dont care. Keep it away from my kids if you want to keep it.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top