User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you will send me a cute girl, I will start making videos.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You know Larry needs a cute girl in his videos, like a sidekick that guys on the radio have, that would give him a more natural person to talk to instead of addressing the camera, he could use her to demonstrate stuff and lots of guys will watch a video just because there is a girl

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know Larry needs a cute girl in his videos, like a sidekick that guys on the radio have, that would give him a more natural person to talk to instead of addressing the camera, he could use her to demonstrate stuff and lots of guys will watch a video just because there is a girl

If you're willing to lower your standards a bit, I'm sure we can rustle up a dude that looks like a cute girl.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:28:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#4]
This guy gets it:

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:41:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
no one wants to see you in THAT kind of video
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no one wants to see you in THAT kind of video

Speak for yourself penguin

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If you're willing to lower your standards a bit, I'm sure we can rustle up a dude that looks like a cute girl.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can definitely get TRG, at least.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The Delta Force/army stuff is an appeal to emotion and a red herring altogether. Hell, I've seen some veterans missing limbs that would kick my ass on certain exercises because they didn't let it get in the way and train hard despite the injuries.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Larry has put out some better videos lately so maybe he has a point about feedback. Other than that he's full of shit. He could lose that weight solely through diet regardless of his .mil injuries. His injuries may restrict his ability to exercise but he's fat for the same reason I'm fat, lack of discipline.  And he's too young for that line about at least he was in Delta Force when he was young and thin.

I don't particularly care that he's fat, he doesn't claim to be a crossfit trainer.

I've eaten a few meals with him and back then (2010-20110ish, he was eating half of what I ate, every time.  I'm 5'11", 200lbs.  I'm not disputing what you're saying but I am throwing it out there that he's not completely without discipline.

The Delta Force/army stuff is an appeal to emotion and a red herring altogether. Hell, I've seen some veterans missing limbs that would kick my ass on certain exercises because they didn't let it get in the way and train hard despite the injuries.

And how many of those guys were 51 years old and spent the majority of their time traveling?

Some people also have a natural disposition to gain weight easier than others. Larry is one of those guys who had to work extra hard for all those years to stay in shape. I know dudes who don't exercise at all, eat tons of crap food, and never gain an ounce. Larry generally eats right and works out as often as his travel schedule allows and still has to fight it. Genetics can be a bitch.

My wife doesn't average 1200 calories a day, exercises reasonably, and can't lose a pound. If I cut my calories I drop weigh fast with zero exercise. Just because you're fat doesn't mean that you eat poorly, too much, or don't work out.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't really care about his weight and I'm not sure why anyone else would?

I'm not trying to date the guy I'm trying to learn from him and I think it's pretty darn clear he has something to teach us.

View Quote

This is really the most succinct comment on the issue.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

LOL, OK hero.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When he says hes fat cause his body is so broke up doesnt jive.

LOL, OK hero.

You missed my point billy. He is a badass and doesn't need to explain himself to anyone if he wants to weigh 400 pounds. Even when your body has been beat to fuck you can still keep it lean if you want. I had a complete knee replacement when I was 27 and chronic joint issues for 30 years and never put weight on.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#13]
What he has done in the past doesn't change the fact that he's fat and if that's the way he wants to be who am I to tell him he shouldn't.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

PM me an address, I can have her boxed up this afternoon. USPS money orders only please, no Paypal.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:57:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth.

The video was a little strange but interesting still. Most of the SF and SOF-D guys I'v were fairly normal looking dudes. You wouldn't know it to look at them. They certainly were in good shape but didn't look like triathletes either. 10 years after getting out is it unusual some would put on a few pounds? I had one conversation with a former SF guy who said he used to enjoy going hunting and camping and since retiring (at a fairly young age) he had no use for either. Said all the miserable deployments in terrible weather ruined the fun for him. Hell, with the divorce rates for those guys I'd take a few extra pounds if that was the worst thing I was dealing with.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Do you have a guarantee that if this one runs off you will send a replacement?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PM me an address, I can have her boxed up this afternoon. USPS money orders only please, no Paypal.  

Do you have a guarantee that if this one runs off you will send a replacement?

All deals are final, no warranty implied!

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#18]
LV doesnt owe anyone an explanation... especially the internet commandos.
as he says..the Haters can pound sand and fk off....  i feel the same, if you dont like me.... pound sand
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Michele Viscusi?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed. He needs to talk to Mat Best about some bikini snaps.
nah, not a bikini girl but like a cute female cop or former military police who does crossfit and can kind of handle guns  
Yes sign me up for one of those for my videos as well lol  

Michele Viscusi?
sigh if that's what I have to settle for then yeah, I guess so.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Huge misquote, not sure how to fix it.

Quoted:
I don't care if Larry Vickers is fat. I'm just here to learn about the time he picked a naked dude up with a helicopter.
View Quote

This is what I was laughing out loud at.

There was 9 of us actually.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You missed my point billy. He is a badass and doesn't need to explain himself to anyone if he wants to weigh 400 pounds. Even when your body has been beat to fuck you can still keep it lean if you want. I had a complete knee replacement when I was 27 and chronic joint issues for 30 years and never put weight on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, OK hero.

OK, that's your opinion.  But I highly doubt the wear and tear on your body has been anywhere near as what Mr. Vickers has done to his.  Also, I doubt his metabolism at 52yo is anything like yours.  Carry on, we can agree to disagree.  Cheers.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

OK, that's your opinion.  But I highly doubt the wear and tear on your body has been anywhere near as what Mr. Vickers has done to his.  Also, I doubt his metabolism at 52yo is anything like yours.  Carry on, we can agree to disagree.  Cheers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, OK hero.

Wear and tear doesn't matter as much as the stuff your shoveling into your mouth.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
He said he was going to answer the question "Why I'm fat".

He never answered the question, LOL!

Here's the answer:  Ate too much, exercised too little.

Nothing but respect for Larry Vickers, but that was an odd video.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:00:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Wear and tear doesn't matter as much as the stuff your shoveling into your mouth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, OK hero.

lol.  OK.  You're right to a point. However, you don't know what hundreds of jumps out of as airplane or out of the back of a truck can do to you either.  Let's face it, your don't know shit about what hard core Army life can do to your body, you're just a fan boy that goes to the gym everyday thinking you're some kind of war-fighter.  You know specops guys, that's awesome.  You don't do the the shit that they do when they aren't at the gym, and a doubt they fill you in on it all.  You just  look at their chiseled abs when they work out.  That's the wear and tear I'm talking about that you'll never understand.  Maybe one of those dudes you run around with can blow a load in mouth and maybe you'll get it.  IDK

The 52 yo man eats, OK.  So he doesn't quite work it off, he'll still run circles around you  ALL.  DAY.  LONG.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:03:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Brutal.. LOL
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:12:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah, you young guys talk tough.  You don't have a clue.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, you young guys talk tough.  You don't have a clue.

No, old man.  Many have no idea.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:00:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Shots fired
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:07:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

lol.  OK.  You're right to a point. However, you don't know what hundreds of jumps out of as airplane or out of the back of a truck can do to you either.  Let's face it, your don't know shit about what hard core Army life can do to your body, you're just a fan boy that goes to the gym everyday thinking you're some kind of war-fighter.  You know specops guys, that's awesome.  You don't do the the shit that they do when they aren't at the gym, and a doubt they fill you in on it all.  You just  look at their chiseled abs when they work out.  That's the wear and tear I'm talking about that you'll never understand.  Maybe one of those dudes you run around with can blow a load in mouth and maybe you'll get it.  IDK

The 52 yo man eats, OK.  So he doesn't quite work it off, he'll still run circles around you  ALL.  DAY.  LONG.
View Quote

I can see you really really struggle with reading comprehension. I have nothing but respect for the man as I said the entire time, the guy can do what he wants and doesnt need to explain anything to anyone. I would love if you could draw out for me perhaps with crayons how physical wear and tear makes you fat? I see it would be harder to burn calories that just means you have to eat less. For the rest of your post I don't know anyone in the service but your hardcore erotic homosexual story makes me wish I did

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:13:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone want to take bets that 99% of the people who bash him for being "fat" are as big or bigger than he is?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 1:32:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I can see you really really struggle with reading comprehension. I have nothing but respect for the man as I said the entire time, the guy can do what he wants and doesnt need to explain anything to anyone. I would love if you could draw out for me perhaps with crayons how physical wear and tear makes you fat? I see it would be harder to burn calories that just means you have to eat less. For the rest of your post I don't know anyone in the service but your hardcore erotic homosexual story makes me wish I did

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/stop_penis_erect_archer.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

I'm not the one who you addressed, but, as both the OP and someone who lives with both daily pain caused by my military service and a little extra weight (FTR, I'm 5'8" and about 210. I should be about 170, if I were as I was in my prime.), let me answer you.

Those scars and aches don't, by and of themselves, make you fat. What they do, however, is sap your motivation to exercise. If getting out of bed takes several minutes and is immediately followed by 800mg of Motrin, or even narcotics such as Lortabs, the last thing you really want to do is run 5 miles or do a bunch of aerobic exercises. When your job depends on it, you can suck it up and drive on, usually. But, once you're retired, it's a lot easier to follow up your morning meds with a few hours in a recliner.

The day after I graduated Air Assault School, I was diagnosed with cancer and had to undergo three months of chemo. Prior to chemo, I was as active as any professional athlete and had the appetite and meabolism to match. But, I went from all-out-active to sedentary overnight. Yet, despite the chemo drugs, I still had my appetite. As a result, I put on 15 pounds during chemo, which is practically unheard of. Then, I quit smoking and put on more weight.

Stopping an active lifestyle and becoming sedentary impacts your body, obviously. And, when exercise is painful, you often lose the motivation to combat those changes. I imagine that's what happened to Mr. Vickers. Kudos to him for having the willingness to fight through that pain and try to get rid of some of the weight he's gained.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:35:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Maybe one of those dudes you run around with can blow a load in mouth and maybe you'll get it.  IDK
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:57:27 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Diet is 60% of the equation. Sleep and workouts represent the remaining 40%
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Larry has put out some better videos lately so maybe he has a point about feedback. Other than that he's full of shit. He could lose that weight solely through diet regardless of his .mil injuries. His injuries may restrict his ability to exercise but he's fat for the same reason I'm fat, lack of discipline.  And he's too young for that line about at least he was in Delta Force when he was young and thin.

I don't particularly care that he's fat, he doesn't claim to be a crossfit trainer.

I've eaten a few meals with him and back then (2010-20110ish, he was eating half of what I ate, every time.  I'm 5'11", 200lbs.  I'm not disputing what you're saying but I am throwing it out there that he's not completely without discipline.
I'm a fat out of shape guy, don't get me wrong, but I guarantee Larry Vickers could lose weight solely through diet, I've seen my wife do it twice after two rounds of child birth and she put on a lot of weight  in her first pregnancy.    

I'm not saying Larry is without discipline really, just that if he REALLY applied that discipline to his diet he could lose weight-probably be fucking miserable the whole time too

Diet is 60% of the equation. Sleep and workouts represent the remaining 40%

Well, and genetics.  I'm 59 and never weighed over 175.  It's not because of discipline, I'm just lucky.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:00:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL Repp.  The never done anything but know's everything dude.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:19:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are quite a few medical issues that can come from the kind of life he lead that can lead to weight gain later in life.  Both due to the issue and the medication needed to control it.  

Or he could just eat like he did while he was active and doesn't PT like it.  Could be a combination of the two.  All I know is he is a lot harder then I am and I am greatful for the shit he did for this country that I will never know about.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:19:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:22:44 AM EDT
[#37]
personal attacks
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top