BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is disgraceful that people would insult a veteran who has given way more to his country than those insulting him

I dont care if he is fat.. he is very knowledgeable
View Quote

This!!!

Larry Vickers is twice the man that any of you are...

All joking aside, I've got mad respect for the man.

And if I were to give him flack about something, it would be his shilling instead of his weight.  But that's me.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Why did he feel the need to explain WHY he is fat?   Who gives a fuck?  Didn't know he was Delta...for 15 years as well...dam.  Now, is his weight going to stop him from shooting somebody that needs to be shot?  I don't think so....if he needs to "run" somebody down...well....jump in the truck
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Im fat and happy, got a great kiddo, smoking hot wife, And two years left on my mortgage.  Im loving life.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#4]
fuckin crossfitters.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Good dude. I'll be taking a clas with him.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Like Larry owes people an explanation of why he's fat

I don't get why grown men worry about the weight of other men.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Whatevs, he's a badass who got fat as he got older. *shrug*

He really should dump the crossfit and start doing yoga, it would help him and all you other guys with nagging injuries immensly.

Yoga needs to be emphasized from day one to guys and gals who depend on their bodies to make a living

Athletes, Combat arms, even weekend warriors
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I agree
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He served his country. He's retired. He can do whatever he wants to do now, be it eat and not exercise too much. He has earned his couch-time.

I agree

He can certainly do what he wants, and it has nothing to do with his service, it's a free country... be as fat as you want as long as I'm not paying for it.

But, being obviously out of shape is a pretty big hit when your selling the warrior mentality.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not fat because I don't eat like a slob.

I see no reason why he needs to make excuses to those he has no connection with.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#10]
As someone who gained weight due to lack of exercise due to an injury (despite cutting food intake) and is now working to take it off, I wont say anything against a man who's body has absorbed as much punishment as his. His size doesn't bother me, I just hope he gets healthier.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:47:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I only met Larry once. Very briefly, in the back of a blackhawk helicopter when he and his team pulled my bleeding, filthy, and naked self from the jungle.

He looked over at me as I sat near the back and by the door, smiled, threw me his canteen. He then gave me a big high five.

One of the best fucking days of my life at that point.

He's fat, don't fucking care. I need to buy him some beer, lots of it.

Discipline, some in this thread could not fathom in their tiny brains the level of discipline it takes to accomplish what the LAV has.

edit: He was 27 years old on that day, I had just turned 28. He was not fat that day.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Crossfit, the quickest way to hurt yourself with shitty form...
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Humans always judge people by their physical appearance.  That is human nature.  Hell, it's nature in general.

It is even more common in the realm of tactical operations, where physical fitness is a requirement among active professionals.  Tactical instructors are expected to be tactical experts/professionals, who are in turn expected to be physically fit.

So, when a tactical instructor appears to be unfit, it is not surprising that people question the person's qualifications or lack of fitness.  (Similarly, people would question a personal trainer who was visibly overweight.)
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I only met Larry once. Very briefly, in the back of a blackhawk helicopter when he and his team pulled my bleeding, filthy, and naked self from the jungle.

He looked over at me as I sat near the back and by the door, smiled, threw me his canteen. He then gave me a big high five.

One of the best fucking days of my life at that point.

He's fat, don't fucking care. I need to buy him some beer, lots of it.

Discipline, some in this thread could not fathom in their tiny brains the level of discipline it takes to accomplish what the LAV has.

edit: He was 27 years old on that day, I had just turned 28. He was not fat that day.
View Quote

Care to relate that story? Given the time frame, relative to his current age, it sounds as if it would have been around the time of Operation Just Cause.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Apparently the fat jokes hurt...

We ridiculed his fatness (while being fat ourselves) because he ridiculed the intelligence and patriotism on this website a while back.

So Larry, take the fat jokes with a pinch of ink jet ink. We buy a lot of your stuff anyway.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I remember reading a little fable once, I think it was Chinese or Japanese, where a father is walking with his son and they see a crippled old man. The son mocks or dismisses the old man or something to that effect, and the father tells him the only reason the man is old and crippled is because he survived being a young man.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#18]
No explanation needed. Shameful that some would make him even think that video was necessary.

Personally I have a huge amount of respect for the man and his service. Definitely on my list of people worth meeting and having a conversation with.

I doubt his critics can claim anything close to his service to our country or their own community and fellow citizens for that matter.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The guy earned the right to be whatever weight he wants., a few times over.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.    If he doesn't give a shit, then why should we?

(I'll add...he was probably consuming what...8 to 10,000 kCal+ a day when he was in the military?....very, very hard to break that habit when you stop with the exertion that normally burned that much without weight gain.....).
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I always get a kick out of you young guys that talk so tough about how you will never be overweight.

After about 60 years, a bad back, a heart condition that requires a lot of medications you wish you didn't have to take, worn out knees from hard work, etc, etc, you will not be so smug.

Enjoy your youth while you can.  Old age isn't for sissies.

View Quote

Yeah, but do you do Crossfit, O_P?  
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I think its kind of silly that he blames his military service for being fat.  He is fat because he eats too much.

And who cares.  The guy is no longer a soldier.  He sells the knowledge he has, and he doesn't need to be skinny to do it.  He has served his country with distinction, so who cares if he likes to eat a bit too much good food now.

Just tell those printer repairing Sponge Bob lovin' losers to F off, no need to make excuses.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#24]
SiVisPacem, sent you an IM to avoid a huge hijack.

Edit:, yes, Just Cause
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

What, no fair!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#26]
He's earned being a fatty if he wants.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:25:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can you just tell us the part about how you ended up naked?  
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:26:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Fat away Mr. Vickers. I have nothing but respect for you.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:27:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Also, training Crossfit is just about the worst thing that somebody who claims to have injuries and daily pain, can do. You need active therapy and corrective strength training, and a diet..
View Quote

wrong, if it is a good gym and coaches this is exactly what xf is.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#30]

If nothing else, it kind of reminds you that the person who doesn't look very threatening on first glance, just might be the very person that you shouldn't screw with.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Larry has put out some better videos lately so maybe he has a point about feedback. Other than that he's full of shit. He could lose that weight solely through diet regardless of his .mil injuries. His injuries may restrict his ability to exercise but he's fat for the same reason I'm fat, lack of discipline.  And he's too young for that line about at least he was in Delta Force when he was young and thin.

I don't particularly care that he's fat, he doesn't claim to be a crossfit trainer.
View Quote

Agree with the penguin on all counts.  Being fat doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about.

It's amazing how easy it is when you're working out and very active to stay thin.  You can eat damn near anything and it just doesn't matter, especially if you're young with a fast metabolism.  But if you keep your young athletic eating habits when you're not being active.....well....you get fat.   Happens to a lot of guys (happened to me ).

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:39:29 PM EDT
[#33]
"Fat" or not, there's not a gunslinger in this world who shouldn't jump at the chance to train with Larry Vickers. I'll get the opportunity someday.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:43:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

The high school mentality of GD.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#36]
He doesn't have to explain a damn thing.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:00:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

We really need a "Like" button.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No matter how much you might dislike the man for calling some of us (those whose shoe fit) a computer printer repair man, you have to give the man credit. A LOT of credit!

He served our country in a very dangerous and demanding position, as a member of Delta Force.

Give him the credit and respect he has earned!

We really need a "Like" button.

Yep  
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Is it because he racks disciprine?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It's amazing how easy it is when you're working out and very active to stay thin.  You can eat damn near anything and it just doesn't matter, especially if you're young with a fast metabolism.  But if you keep your young athletic eating habits when you're not being active.....well....you get fat.   Happens to a lot of guys (happened to me ).

View Quote

This.  I hate it when people say "just eat less" or "self control" as if it is just that simple.  When you are training at a high athletic level, you have to eat at a certain level to sustain it.  Your brain wires itself to become accustomed to certain types of foods and certain portions.  When you can no longer train at that level, be it injuries or it is no longer your full time job to do so, it isn't like it is just a simple willpower exercise to eat like regular folks do.  Throw in to boot all the metabolism changes, and often the weight piles on before you know what hit you.  

I went from not being able to eat enough no matter how hard I tried to holy shit I am eating way too much in the span of just a few months when I got out.  Unless you have a personal trainer and chef regulating everything for you as you transition, it can be very difficult for a lot of people.  It doesn't mean they have no willpower.  It is more akin to needing a sports car for racing one day, then the next day you quit racing and really your routine is better suited to a minivan, you start using the cheap 87 octane gas, tossing all sorts of shit in the trunk, driving it slow but for 100 miles a day in the rain, sleet and snow, but never actually traded the Ferrari in for the minivan.  Everything gets fucky, this breaks, that goes out of whack, your ECU is chasing its tail, and some smart ass walks by and says, "You know that ferrari would run much better if you used the premium gas dummy."  Thanks fucko, but simply switching to premium doesn't magically put everything back into whack.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#40]
He ate all the printers i just repaired

On a more serious note, he's walked the walk, he can do whatever the blue hell he wants, he owes no one any explanation
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#41]
LAV is fucking awesomesauce, I don't give a shit about anybody's opinion.  I've met him (as have many of you), and he's a straight up good dude.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Damn!  I really wanted to hear that story!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Junior high at best.

He's all American to me.  If he sets his mind to it, he would be whatever condition he wants to be.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#46]
I personally don't know a lot of 50+ year old men with the body of a 21 year old.

Just goes to show the kiddies love tacticool vs background and skill set.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Reminds me of this worn-out has-been:

“What is [hard] to understand is that a man with hundreds of successful war missions, one of the most decorated combat veterans of our age, who capped his career by terminating bin Laden, has no landing pad in civilian life,” writes Phil Bronstein, Executive Chair of the Center for Investigative Reporting, for Esquire.

Aside from remaining anonymous and therefore lacking recognition from the American public, the US government appears to have forgotten the Shooter’s significance in the raid that killed the most wanted terrorist. Without a pension, healthcare, or any sort of government protection, the Shooter has been left in the dark by the agency he dedicated his life to.

Unsympathetically, he was told to look for a job driving a truck to make enough money to scrape by.

“[SEAL command] told me they could get me a job driving a beer truck in Milwaukee,” the Shooter said. Such a job would be a substantial downgrade from both his status and estimated $54,000 salary as a Navy SEAL.

Left without retirement benefits, the Shooter is now purchasing a private health insurance plan for $486 per month, which provides minimal coverage and fails to cover his chiropractic care.

Yeah, I know... What a whiner!
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#48]
This news definitely won't help the waist line.

SpongeBob SquarePants Fans, Listen Up: There Is Now a Real-Life Krusty Krab

Well, friends, your wildest dreams may be coming true. A burger company named Salta Burgers is building a real-life Krusty Krab that doesn't require a trip to the bottom of the ocean. The new Krusty Krab will be located in the West Bank city of Ramallah.

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
He needs to just say "I'm fat because I fucking want to be after a stressful, difficult, and dangerous career in the Army."
View Quote

This. Frankly, I think the video is kind of pointless. Dude doesn't have to explain himself to anyone.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#50]
It's not hard to believe he would have accumulated injuries that make it hard to get around. Not just exercise but just get out of bed in the morning.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top