Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Posted: 3/25/2015 10:23:15 PM EDT
2 solid years since I saw CCI Blazer in stock anywhere. I can find CCI Standard for $0.10 a round. Federal of any kind is still very rare. All I see is CI and Rem. Golden bullets.

I need Blazer and Standard Vel. for a competition I participate in. I'm pretty sure we won't have a competition this year with 22 being so hard to find. Especially quality ammo.

What gives with CCI and Federal? How is it this bad two full years later with demand as high as ever? What is interfering with supply meeting demand?

I'm most likely going to spend $50 a brick for standard velocity tomorrow because I need it to compete. Am I crazy?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:24:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Fucking neckbeards....
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's your problem:
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When it comes back I'm buying it all and stacking it deep
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#3]
There's the vast majority of two years production in closets and on shelves. Most of it will never be shot.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:29:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here's your problem:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Here's your problem:
Quoted:

But it doesn't exist. You can't buy the shit out of something that you can't find. The prices should have killed the neck beard pricing structure by now.

Is the profit margin too low on 22 long rifle to bother producing more?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

There's the vast majority of two years production in closets and on shelves. Most of it will never be shot.
View Quote
i agree with this

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I miss the Walmart Federal 550 round bulk packs for $8.87. Believe it or not that was actually in this century
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't see any to ever neckbeard. period.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:35:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're already running 24/7 on the machinery they have.  The problem is, increasing production requires a significant capital investment.  There's no assurance that the increased level of demand will continue, so the manufacturers have little incentive to invest.  They just milk the cash cow they have.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:37:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Edited...VA-gunnut
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:38:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I have over 10k rds, just 'cause.  I never use .22 any more though.   It's not exciting and keeping up with the AR and CCW keeps me busy and poor.

Even though I have an awesome  MKII  and a Colt Woodsman, .22 doesn't hold a candle to the M1A, now does it.

FBHO.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a pile. PM me for prices
View Quote

20bucks a BRICK...
i'll call
if its more no need to make the pm (call)
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:44:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Go look on Gunbroker, there's 38 pages of ads for .22LR.  That tells you something.  Huge amounts of .22LR are being bought up for sale on the secondary market.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:45:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They're already running 24/7 on the machinery they have.  The problem is, increasing production requires a significant capital investment.  There's no assurance that the increased level of demand will continue, so the manufacturers have little incentive to invest.  They just milk the cash cow they have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't buy it.

Nothing runs at full capacity 24/7 and not saturate the market, no matter who's buying it.

Look at fuel recently, everyone was buying and they still out produced demand and the price dropped.

I'm saying production hasn't out paced demand........somebody is buying it and I'm not so sure it is actually average citizens, or they are not running production 24/7
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:46:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the last two years the demand would have paid off new equipment,  new buildings, new Beemers for each worker, and daily knob polishing for the executives. WTF are they waiting for? This correction will take years.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#15]
From what I have been told, the profit margin does not make it worth enlarging the production facilities.  So we just have to suck it up.  I can buy it for 10cpr all day long.  If they up their production capacity, we would see a jump in the base price I am sure.  I keep my eyes open at WM and such and keep enough to replace what I shoot.  I have enough stocked up to last for a while.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:47:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:48:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Just in case you didn't have the - GunBot Ammo List -
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:49:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Go to a gun show and you'll see thousands of boxes for $90-$100. Everyone still lines up at 6am at walmart and buys everything that comes in.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:54:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Go to a gun show and you'll see thousands of boxes for $90-$100. Everyone still lines up at 6am at walmart and buys everything that comes in.
View Quote

Our walmarts get nothing at all. I would be there at 5 am if it helped. Walmart needs to start putting out ammo at random times.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:55:05 PM EDT
[#21]
The Dicks Sporting Goods store has a full 2 foot wide shelf jammed packed with Rem Subsonics in those square clear plastic 100ct boxes.

Been sitting there for almost 2 weeks.

Cabelas has it on the shelf in the afternoon still most days.

It's coming back.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I. Do. Not. Believe. it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I miss the Walmart Federal 550 round bulk packs for $8.87. Believe it or not that was actually in this century
View Quote

I bought a bunch at $7.97 and $9.97.  Stopped after it went above $12.97 per bulk pack.

Hard to believe now it was at those prices less than 5 years ago (but more than two years ago!!)
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:57:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Look at fuel recently, everyone was buying and they still out produced demand and the price dropped.
View Quote

Fuel was selling at a price that encouraged other suppliers to enter the market.  .22 isn't.  
Additional supply would probably encourage the neckbearders to stop hoarding and adversely affect anyone who'd spent capital to expand capacity or set up a new supplier.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:58:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The Dicks Sporting Goods store has a full 2 foot wide shelf jammed packed with Rem Subsonics in those square clear plastic 100ct boxes.

Been sitting there for almost 2 weeks.

Cabelas has it on the shelf in the afternoon still most days.

It's coming back.
View Quote

Academy has Colibri...
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:58:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

20bucks a BRICK...
i'll call
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a pile. PM me for prices

20bucks a BRICK...
i'll call

No deal.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Our walmarts get nothing at all. I would be there at 5 am if it helped. Walmart needs to start putting out ammo at random times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm 99% positive they do get it, but the employees probably keep it hidden for their friends. I saw an employee getting some tula 223 out from under the counter for someone here
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I've seen .22 on the shelves at Cabela's only once in the past two years. I picked up two 50-round boxes and when I went back about 15 minutes later, it was all gone.

BUT... finding .22 online has been easy. Graf's has it, Sportsman Guide has it, Champion Shooters has it, Palmetto has it, all at reasonable prices.

I've bought about a dozen bricks in the past couple of months, just one or two at a time when it becomes available, no neckbearding.

Bought a brick of CCI Standard Velocity earlier today, along with a 325-pack of Federal AutoMatch, from Palmetto State Armory.

Top-grade target ammo is plentiful. It's not cheap, but it never has been. I shoot a .22 match rifle competitively, so I go through a lot of it.

Stop lurking the WalMarts and let your mouse do the shopping for you.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:03:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I. Do. Not. Believe. it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I. Do. Not. Believe. it.

I don't either. Nobody runs 24/7 for 10 cents a round.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:04:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Here's your problem:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Here's your problem:
Quoted:

It ridiculous that it has taken as long as it has for supply to catch up. But every gun guy I know will snatch up any .22 they see as long as it's not outrageously priced. I've still fired off more then I could purchase since the panic.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:04:19 PM EDT
[#31]
You haven't been utilizing your team membership
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Every place around here still has guys at the door every morning an hour before they open that immediately head to the gun counter and ask for .22 when the doors open.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Fucking neckbeards....
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I. Do. Not. Believe. it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I. Do. Not. Believe. it.

date 2013
http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2013/08/08/beebe-pryor-welcome-remington-expansion-in-lonoke

Beebe, Pryor welcome Remington expansion in Lonoke
Posted By Max Brantley on Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Gov. Mike Beebe and Sen. Mark Pryor were marquee attendees today as Remington Arms broke ground on a new building for its ammunition plant at Lonoke.

Quotable:

“As an avid hunter and gun owner, I’m particularly excited to help announce this expansion,” Senator Pryor said. “Remington has been an economic engine in our state for years, and this will allow them to bring even more jobs and development to central Arkansas.”
Roby Brock at Talk Business was on hand with more details and lots more from tagging along with Pryor at various appearances............

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:20:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You haven't been utilizing your team membership
View Quote

Sadly my present location precludes mail order purchase of .22lr unless I want to pay an extra $6 per brick plus shipping. FUAC.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Indeed.  In fact, it seems to be getting worse, a few months ago, you would occasionally see bricks.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:26:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I. Do. Not. Believe. it.

date 2013
http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2013/08/08/beebe-pryor-welcome-remington-expansion-in-lonoke

Beebe, Pryor welcome Remington expansion in Lonoke
Posted By Max Brantley on Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Gov. Mike Beebe and Sen. Mark Pryor were marquee attendees today as Remington Arms broke ground on a new building for its ammunition plant at Lonoke.

Quotable:

“As an avid hunter and gun owner, I’m particularly excited to help announce this expansion,” Senator Pryor said. “Remington has been an economic engine in our state for years, and this will allow them to bring even more jobs and development to central Arkansas.”
Roby Brock at Talk Business was on hand with more details and lots more from tagging along with Pryor at various appearances............

that's 2 years ago and I don't see any shitty Remington .22 LR in any store here in Tulsa.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:27:09 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
In the last two years the demand would have paid off new equipment,  new buildings, new Beemers for each worker, and daily knob polishing for the executives. WTF are they waiting for? This correction will take years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not even close.

Eta- everyone is adding capacity. When demand is 100% of production at Amy level you either see it or you don't.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:28:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Around here there is no 22 to neckbeard. None.

The last time I was at my local Cabela's, they didn't even have an empty shelf space for .22 of any flavor. Local Walmarts don't sell any either.

I'm signed up to email alerts from Champion Shooters. In the past year I've received one email.

The last time I went to a gun show there was a small amount of .22 available. Most of the boxes looked like they have been riding under a pickup seat for a few months. Definitely not new production.

The whole neckbeard excuse is bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:42:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:03:26 AM EDT
[#42]
The OP mentioned "CCI Blazer", I am not sure they still make that line...?
See anything in this link?
http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/products.aspx
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#43]
I haven't shot any 22 since sometime in 2013.  I honestly don't understand why people are still going full retard over the stuff.  Different strokes I guess.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:13:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Because of the ARFcom ammo app the wife and I beat the Neckbeards she got 3 Federal 550 bricks and 3 Winchester M22 1000 round boxes, same for me . There was Federal bricks left , not many .
We gave 1000 rounds to the Boy Scout troop for free , sold 4 bricks to friends at cost . Rest I am hoarding
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:32:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:35:21 AM EDT
[#46]
This is completely because people are still buying everything they can get the hands on, all the time.

It is self-perpetuating. People are buying it whenever they can because it is scarce. It is scarce because people are buying it whenever they can.

I don't understand why the "speculators" are still buying it. No one is willing to pay $100 a brick right now of CCI Standard, whereas last year it wasn't unheard of.

I just bought one for $40, but I could only buy one...
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:44:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes Blazer is still being made. It's just non copper plated Mini-Mag. I like it except it's a little loud in my suppressed 22 pistol.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:50:57 AM EDT
[#48]
That's weird, I got tons of it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:56:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

They're already running 24/7 on the machinery they have.  The problem is, increasing production requires a significant capital investment. There's no assurance that the increased level of demand will continue, so the manufacturers have little incentive to invest.  They just milk the cash cow they have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're already running 24/7 on the machinery they have.  The problem is, increasing production requires a significant capital investment. There's no assurance that the increased level of demand will continue, so the manufacturers have little incentive to invest.  They just milk the cash cow they have.

I'm tired of hearing that. It's been over 6 years since the .22 shortage began. If they don't have enough reason to increase capacity yet, they apparently never will. I refuse to buy another .22 rifle or pistol until I can buy CCI SV at Fleet Farm, just like I did for decades.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:58:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

its on this page, http://www.blazer-ammo.com/rimfire.aspx
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top