BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 296
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:58:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
       some interesting history for the Omaha, for those who love playing it as much as I.

from wiki:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Omaha_(CL-4)

Beginnings
SS Omaha (CL-4) was the lead ship of Omaha class of light cruiser of the United States Navy. She was the second US Navy ship named for the city of Omaha, Nebraska.
Omaha was laid down on 6 December 1918 by the Todd SB & DD Co. of Tacoma, Washington. The ship was launched on 14 December 1920

Inter-war period
Following her commissioning, Omaha joined the Atlantic Fleet in peacetime. At this time, her primary mission was training, and she proved to be very capable by consistently winning fleet awards in gunnery and communications. She made many ports-of-call throughout the Mediterranean and Caribbean during her peacetime cruises, displaying the US flag.

Capture of Odenwald
Just prior to the US entry into World War II, on 6 November 1941, while on neutrality patrol with Somers in the mid-Atlantic near the Equator, Omaha sighted a vessel which aroused much suspicion by her actions. Refusing to satisfactorily identify herself, and taking evasive action, the stranger was ordered to heave to. She flew the American flag and carried the name Willmoto of Philadelphia on her stern.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c8/Omaha_crew.jpg

Omaha crew members posing on the deck of the Odenwald

As Omaha's crew dispatched a boarding party to the freighter, its crew took to lifeboats and hoisted a signal which indicated that the ship was sinking. When their party pulled alongside, they could hear explosions from within the hull, while one of the fleeing crewmen shouted "This is a German ship and she is sinking!" In short order, the men of Omaha – despite the extreme risk – salvaged the vessel, rendered her safe and had her underway for Puerto Rico. The "American freighter Wilmoto", as it turned out, was the German freighter Odenwald carrying a cargo of rubber.

Odenwald was taken to Puerto Rico. An admiralty court ruled that since the ship was illegally claiming American registration, there was sufficient grounds for confiscation. A legal case was started claiming that the crews of the two American ships had salvage rights because Odenwald??'?s crew attempting to scuttle the ship was the equivalent of abandoning her. The court case – settled in 1947 – ruled the members of the boarding party and the prize crew were entitled to $3,000 apiece while all the other crewmen in Omaha and Somers were entitled to two months’ pay and allowances. This was the last prize money awarded by the US Navy.

http://i.imgur.com/5NRPdAY.jpg
Odenwald Incident, November 1941 - USS Omaha (CL 4), in right center, standing by the German blockade runner Odenwald, which has a U.S. boarding party on board, in the South Atlantic, 6 November 1941. Photographed from USS Somers (DD 381).
- U.S. Naval Historical Center Photograph #NH 49935.

http://i.imgur.com/xiS4mT7.jpg
USS Omaha (CL 4) Aground in the Bahamas, 18 July 1937. Note lighthouse at right and vessels alongside Omaha.

- U.S. Naval Historical Center Photograph #NH 43061.

http://i.imgur.com/am41bIW.jpg
USS Omaha (CL 4) Off the New York Navy Yard, 10 February 1943.
-Official U.S. Navy Photograph, from the collections of the Naval Historical Center #NH 97972.

World War II
After the United States entered the war, Omaha continued her South Atlantic patrol, instructed to stop German blockade runners. While patrolling out of a base in Brazil on 4 January 1944, with Jouett, she spotted a ship which immediately showed signs of being scuttled. The ship's crew took to the boats and she began settling by the stern. The following day, another ship was sighted and its crew set her afire. Omaha opened fire and the vessel disappeared beneath the waves. Both ships carried cargoes of rubber, which the Germans desperately needed.

In March, Omaha proceeded to Naples to prepare for landings in southern France. On 19 August, she protected the flank of the units bombarding Toulon, and three days later took part in the operations that resulted in the surrender of the German garrison on the island of Porquerolles.

Omaha was present at the surrender of Giens on 23 August, and on 25 August, she delivered a sustained bombardment on targets in the Toulon area. Shortly thereafter, she was detached from the operation and returned to patrol duties. The termination of hostilities (15 August 1945) found her patrolling in the South Atlantic.

Omaha was decommissioned on 1 November. Omaha was scrapped in February 1946 at the Philadelphia Navy Yard.

View Quote

Awesome, thanks for sharing.  I'm from Omaha, and never knew about this, so it was a great read.

Edit.  Also just read about that german cruiser that was posted, and how they recovered the range finder from the wreck.  Which is the picture below.  Any idea of how it actually worked?

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The secret to the St. Louis is to use AP on everything but battleships.  Your 152mm guns will penetrate anything you face (besides BBs) and you will get citadels quite often (seems like everything up to tier 5 has huge citadel locations).  This, along with angling your ship will allow you to wrack up massive totals.  It has become my seal clubbing weapon of choice.  

Biggest cruiser tip: keep moving... don't travel in a straight line, and use those islands to hide from big, bad BBs with 12" guns that will kill you in 2 or 3 good hits.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Starting to kind of get the game now slowly. 9 games today in the ST. Louis and won 8 of them. Probably jinxed and lose 10 in a row now.

Hit 75k damage in two of the games.

The secret to the St. Louis is to use AP on everything but battleships.  Your 152mm guns will penetrate anything you face (besides BBs) and you will get citadels quite often (seems like everything up to tier 5 has huge citadel locations).  This, along with angling your ship will allow you to wrack up massive totals.  It has become my seal clubbing weapon of choice.  

Biggest cruiser tip: keep moving... don't travel in a straight line, and use those islands to hide from big, bad BBs with 12" guns that will kill you in 2 or 3 good hits.

Yup I use AP on everything exept the battleships. I got 19 citadel hits last night and not one kill. Annoying lol.

I got the Phoenix. First game was a disaster. The St. Louis so far (I'm only 50 matches in) seems like if you get up against someone at max range or better yet if they are firing at someone else you can pretty much own them pretty quickly.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Awesome, thanks for sharing.  I'm from Omaha, and never knew about this, so it was a great read.

Edit.  Also just read about that german cruiser that was posted, and how they recovered the range finder from the wreck.  Which is the picture below.  Any idea of how it actually worked?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/83/Graf_Spee_tel%C3%A9metro_01.jpg/1920px-Graf_Spee_tel%C3%A9metro_01.jpg
View Quote

Here is how it works:  Coincidence Rangefinder
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/83/Graf_Spee_tel%C3%A9metro_01.jpg/1920px-Graf_Spee_tel%C3%A9metro_01.jpg

Old enough to remember range finders for hunting had two images you merged together and read the distance instead of lasers lol.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Another thing that is odd. I've had 80-90ms ping on WoT servers for 4 years now. I get 19ms ping on WoWS servers.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:58:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Awesome, thank you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
#50 and #82 should also be highlighted--they're the engine rooms. 20 and 149 as well, since they're the barbette compartments--the lower deck of the turret.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm really struggling with my Atlanta, b
With Atlanta, make sure you use AP ammo whenever the situation warrants it. (other cruisers)  To get Citadel hits, shoot under their smokestacks, at the water line.  They need to be close to perpendicular to you.  If you shoot their hull at 45 deg's, your shells are more likely to bounce.  
The only citadel that is tricky is the Cleveland: the citadels (boilers) are offset and not directly below the 2 sets of 2 stacks.  

Here's a diagram I found, and colored in the citadel areas.

http://i.imgur.com/lLNZnqT.png

#50 and #82 should also be highlighted--they're the engine rooms. 20 and 149 as well, since they're the barbette compartments--the lower deck of the turret.
I know those are the engine rooms, but have you ever shot a Cleveland and gotten citadel hits there?  They are as rare as Obama telling the truth about anything in the Middle East, or about race relations. If you think I should edit it, I will do so.

Huskers, that wiki article about coincidence rangefinders is a good read. Thanks for posting.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:26:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
http://dreadnoughtproject.org/friends/dickson/German%20Radar%201.pdf

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Is the Atago any good?  I know there seems to be a love/hate with the Atlanta, but haven't heard much about the ATAGO...
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is the Atago any good?  I know there seems to be a love/hate with the Atlanta, but haven't heard much about the ATAGO...
View Quote

Its pretty well rounded. Heavy cruiser, so not paper like the Atlanta, but still not as stout as a BB. Decent guns, really good torps, fast. It IS a T8 though, so don't jump straight into it unless you know what you're doing.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's very good.  It's basically a Myoko with a worse rate of fire, but more torpedoes with a better fire arc.  

It's my favorite ship to use for making money.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#12]
So far Phoenix seems like a letdown from the St. Louis. We'll see. I like the ability to fire a torpedo but it pales on the gun front to me.

So anyone fly flags all the time? I just unlocked the ability to fly them. Worth it or just bank them for whatever.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So far Phoenix seems like a letdown from the St. Louis. We'll see. I like the ability to fire a torpedo but it pales on the gun front to me.

So anyone fly flags all the time? I just unlocked the ability to fly them. Worth it or just bank them for whatever.  
View Quote

Fewer guns, shitload more speed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
If you can fly flags all the time, you don't need our advice.  

I generally use the +credits flags on premium ships, and the +XP flags on whatever I'm trying to grind out.  I don't generally use the others.  

The Phoenix is most assuredly not a letdown, it's actually a damn good little ship.  You are now faster, and have much better range, so it is easier for you to dart in, smash a destroyer or set a BB on fire, and dart back out.  You can also do pretty good scouting.  The torps are pretty much useless... 5.5KM range means that they are a last ditch weapon, they have kept me alive in that roll many times though.  

The speed is what is important though, you are now fast enough to affect the outcome of a battle... it's a big change.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#15]

My team went for B & C, I went for A.  I engaged four of them simultaneously, and I killed them all.  Halfway through the battle, a New Orleans came to help, but ran like a bitch when he saw the enemy Cleveland.  Coward claimed he left to "provide air defense for our CV" and he shot down a whole two planes (same as I did....).  Finally, a friendly DD showed up in time to get the last shot on their CV.  I wish I had a recording of that game - once I made contact, I literally never stopped shooting the rest of the match.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I suggest you save your XP boosting flags for higher tiers.  Once you hit tier 6, the XP requirements get ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I suggest you save your XP boosting flags for higher tiers.  Once you hit tier 6, the XP requirements get ridiculous.
View Quote

Yes and no....from tier 8 onward, you're not going to make enough money to buy the next tier/upgrade when you have the XP from just playing that one ship.

ETA: even with a premium account
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Yes and no....from tier 8 onward, you're not going to make enough money to buy the next tier/upgrade when you have the XP from just playing that one ship.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same problem as WoT... I have 3 tier 10s researched, and I can't afford them .  
At least credits are easier to come by in WoWS it seems.

ETA>   Tier 10s are 20 million plus..

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I kinda like DDs now. So many people get so target fixated that they just sail right into a hornet's nest of torps.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Am I missing something obvious? After you elite a ship you can't turn off XP and funnel it to 100% commander/crew like in WoT?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I generally use the +credits flags on premium ships, and the +XP flags on whatever I'm trying to grind out.  I don't generally use the others.  

The Phoenix is most assuredly not a letdown, it's actually a damn good little ship.  You are now faster, and have much better range, so it is easier for you to dart in, smash a destroyer or set a BB on fire, and dart back out.  You can also do pretty good scouting.  The torps are pretty much useless... 5.5KM range means that they are a last ditch weapon, they have kept me alive in that roll many times though.  

The speed is what is important though, you are now fast enough to affect the outcome of a battle... it's a big change.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You can buy flags now in the premium shop so it's not like you need to be good to fly flags all the time.

Just saying lol.

I don't even have a premium account. Just dicking around at tier 3.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I like the speed.

I got 2 kills in 3 games so far with torpedos. But like you said it was pretty much a last ditch do something while reloading kind of a deal and fire at point blank range.

I don't have it fully upgraded yet so we'll see.

I am really liking the St. Louis tho. I  broke 100k credits which is pretty tomato territory for the old hands I'm sure (I'm in this now 3 days) on a non premium account.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Am I missing something obvious? After you elite a ship you can't turn off XP and funnel it to 100% commander/crew like in WoT?
View Quote

I never played WoT, but no, you can't funnel all XP to a captain.

An elite ship allows you to convert the ship's XP to free XP with doubloons.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Look at it as a free port slot and 275K in credits.  It really is that bad.  

I'm back at it, found 2500 gold in my WoT account that I've not touched in six months, so I now have 30 more days of premium.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FREE SHIP + PORT SLOT

Wargaming wishes us to enjoy its 17th anniversary, and offers us a free premium ship with a deck slot.

Just use the code "ALBANY" on you account management, option "Activate Bonus Code" and you will receive shortly the tier II premium cruiser Albany from the U.S.A. nation.

Found this on the EU site... enjoy.

This works, I just used it.

Many thanks!

A premium so bad, they give it away.

Look at it as a free port slot and 275K in credits.  It really is that bad.  

I'm back at it, found 2500 gold in my WoT account that I've not touched in six months, so I now have 30 more days of premium.

You know so far I'm doing OK with it, of course it helps that I put a 8 skill captain in it.

M256
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:38:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You know so far I'm doing OK with it, of course it helps that I put a 8 skill captain in it.

M256
View Quote

... Please tell me you're joking.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

M256

Captains can move to and from premium ships (of the same nation) for free.  It's a great way to retrain a captain for the next tier ship, because they don't suffer the normal retraining penalty to skills while in a premium ship.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:45:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Captains can move to and from premium ships (of the same nation) for free.  It's a great way to retrain a captain for the next tier ship, because they don't suffer the normal retraining penalty to skills while in a premium ship.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

M256

Doh, forgot about that tidbit.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Another thing that is odd. I've had 80-90ms ping on WoT servers for 4 years now. I get 19ms ping on WoWS servers.
View Quote

I get about 30-35, and usually the last to get loaded into the game.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:13:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Do battleships EVER get accurate?  I am up to the Wyoming, and I must say it is truly incredible to fire a broadside at a T2 cruiser and NOT HIT A SINGLE TIME with 16 shells landing literally over, under, behind, and in front of the enemy; while he hits me one time and sets me on fire.....
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:32:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Ok, for my US cruiser line. Up to the NO and about to get my 4th level skill so...

+20% to AA range

Or

+3 chance of setting things on fire? As I understand this its +3 per HE hit

The AA would be nice but oh so situational. Setting things on fire come in handy with those BBs and other ships >10km. Also thinking for when I get to the DM and will just start spamming rounds
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:41:22 AM EDT
[#31]
AA is very important for a cruiser REMEMBER what you as a cruiser are SUPPOSED to do.......
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:47:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ok, for my US cruiser line. Up to the NO and about to get my 4th level skill so...

+20% to AA range

Or

+3 chance of setting things on fire? As I understand this its +3 per HE hit

The AA would be nice but oh so situational. Setting things on fire come in handy with those BBs and other ships >10km. Also thinking for when I get to the DM and will just start spamming rounds
View Quote

US cruisers make better escorts than their IJN counterparts: their guns do less damage, with less shell velocity and less base fire chance, but their AA is top notch.  

For these reasons, I outfit my US cruisers & their captains with AA-focused modules and abilities, and IJN cruisers & captains with gunnery-focused modules and abilities.

FWIW, I average 3x more aircraft kills in US cruisers, but ~2.5x more damage in IJN cruisers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:53:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Do battleships EVER get accurate?  I am up to the Wyoming, and I must say it is truly incredible to fire a broadside at a T2 cruiser and NOT HIT A SINGLE TIME with 16 shells landing literally over, under, behind, and in front of the enemy; while he hits me one time and sets me on fire.....
View Quote

At tier 9, US BBs can get an accuracy module that reduces dispersion by 7% (IJN gets it at 5).  

US BBs have worse dispersion than IJN BBs, but you can do some work in either.  I'm around 25% hit rate with US BBs, during CBT, I was ~28% with IJN BBs (I'm high 30s-mid40s with other ship classes).
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:43:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I know those are the engine rooms, but have you ever shot a Cleveland and gotten citadel hits there?  They are as rare as Obama telling the truth about anything in the Middle East, or about race relations. If you think I should edit it, I will do so.

Huskers, that wiki article about coincidence rangefinders is a good read. Thanks for posting.

http://i.imgur.com/N3JuXjH.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm really struggling with my Atlanta, b
With Atlanta, make sure you use AP ammo whenever the situation warrants it. (other cruisers)  To get Citadel hits, shoot under their smokestacks, at the water line.  They need to be close to perpendicular to you.  If you shoot their hull at 45 deg's, your shells are more likely to bounce.  

The only citadel that is tricky is the Cleveland: the citadels (boilers) are offset and not directly below the 2 sets of 2 stacks.  
Here's a diagram I found, and colored in the citadel areas.
http://i.imgur.com/lLNZnqT.png

http://i.imgur.com/N3JuXjH.png

Every once in a while, yeah, a centered citadel will produce an engines crit. Not as often on the Clevelands, you're right. I was mostly pointing out that those probably are also modeled into the citadel.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:36:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:39:06 AM EDT
[#36]
let me tell you a fish story...

so i'm leaving for MT in a bit, and pulled an all-nighter rather than waking up early.  WOWS time.  

last game of the night/morning.  big race encounter.  minekaze.  great fight--just a brawl, with everyone getting bloody instead of sitting back.  i finish with 5 kills, 4 devastating strikes, and numerous other damages.  used a lot of guns, which i don't normally do much in the mini.

endgame was me and our CV vs some cruiser and their 2 CVs.  i kill the cruiser, and suddenly realize that i'm having a pretty good game.  at that point, i had 13 torp hits (at 11K nominal per), a bunch of gun hits, and had started a few fires.  then i come around the corner, and there are both of their CVs 4km away, paired up and pushing for cap.  i have like 1200hp, so their secondaries are a real problem.  kill the first, and my pulse starts accelerating.  guys in deathchat are now making happy sounds, but i'm really worried about getting tagged during the 42sec reload.  take 1 solid hit, but reloaded and nailed the last guy.  

as the last torps went home, the first thing that went through my mind is "i can't wait to see what i finished with".  my finger is hovering over the screenshot key as we head to the AAR screen, with all those glorious bragable ribbons.

that screen never came.  server reset.

we're talking 18-20 torps, plus guns, plus fires/flooding.  this would have been approaching 200K damage...in tier 5.  by far my best game ever.

but you'll have to take my word for it.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:49:33 AM EDT
[#37]
One thing I can't figure out.  XP earned in a tier can only go towards upgrades on that tier and that ship?

I love playing the St. Louis, but just got the Phoenix, and I'm not doing that well with it.  Yeah gotta learn the new ship, but I don't wanna play the St. Louis if the XP earned does nothing.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

You can buy flags now in the premium shop so it's not like you need to be good to fly flags all the time.

View Quote
Oh, FFS.  No need to play to improve your skill.  Pay to power grind, pay to win!

How about they build a game that can stand the test of time, rather than try to monetize it over 2 years, before it becomes unplayable due to catering to windowlickers?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote
don't worry, they will no doubt soon have a flag that you can buy in the premium shop to increase your hit rate by 50%.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#40]

Furutaka could have used a ROF buff in this patch.  just sayin.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:35:32 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

One thing I can't figure out.  XP earned in a tier can only go towards upgrades on that tier and that ship?

I love playing the St. Louis, but just got the Phoenix, and I'm not doing that well with it.  Yeah gotta learn the new ship, but I don't wanna play the St. Louis if the XP earned does nothing.
View Quote
Once you completely finish the XP on a ship, it is "Elite".  This means that all XP earned can be converted to free XP using doubloons. And the standard 5% of XP earned in a battle is given as free XP.  So, it is not completely useless.  It is worth keeping fun ships so that you can platoon with new guys from time to time.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Once you completely finish the XP on a ship, it is "Elite".  This means that all XP earned can be converted to free XP using doubloons. And the standard 5% of XP earned in a battle is given as free XP.  So, it is not completely useless.  It is worth keeping fun ships so that you can platoon with new guys from time to time.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool thanks.

Yeah I suck with the Phoenix, like embarrassing shit.  But St Louis I kick ass with so I'll never get rid of that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:32:38 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Cool thanks.

Yeah I suck with the Phoenix, like embarrassing shit.  But St Louis I kick ass with so I'll never get rid of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool thanks.

Once I upgraded the Phoenix and Kuma i forgot all about the St. Louis.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Cool thanks.

View Quote
The St Louis is forgiving.  You can play poorly, and like a bully, yet still succeed.  Learn to play the Phoenix cautiously.  It has a great rate of fire.  Use it's speed and maneuverability to your advantage.  It is skinny. Always keep it pointed right at BBs, so they miss you with 90% of their shots.  Angle just enough to hit them, then straighten back up.   Stay back, at max range, where they are least likely to hit you.  You have decent enough range to fight  out there.  Support friendly BBs.  If you are near them, on the enemy side, you can spot torpedoes earlier for them, so they have more time to evade.  You can provide AA support, so that the torpedo bombers are distracted as they attempt to drop on the BB.  You can also use your rate of fire to shoot down incoming DDs before they get to launch torps.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Oh, FFS.  No need to play to improve your skill.  Pay to power grind, pay to win!  
How about they build a game that can stand the test of time, rather than try to monetize it over 2 years, before it becomes unplayable due to catering to windowlickers?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I edited my response, had to re-read it a few times.

At first I thought you were complaining about me buying flags to run them all the time. Sorry.

I have a total of 10 flags I "earned" lol. I agree I don't like the pay to win angle either.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Zero wins since the patch. Great patch
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Zero wins since the patch. Great patch
View Quote

My constant tickets to gimp you have been addressed
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

At first I thought you were complaining about me buying flags to run them all the time. Sorry.

I have a total of 10 flags I "earned" lol. I agree I don't like the pay to win angle either.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

sorry, that was a little ambiguous. I definitely meant WGing, not you!  sorry I missed the rant.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

sorry, that was a little ambiguous. I definitely meant WGing, not you!  sorry I missed the rant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No problem. I'm so pay to win I don't have a premium/paid account. I also only ran one every other month in WoT for 20k games lol.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

No problem. I'm so pay to win I don't have a premium/paid account. I also only ran one every other month in WoT for 20k games lol.

View Quote
In World of Tanks, I'm proof that pay to win; isn't.

Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top