Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 296
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought 180 days of premium, and 3000 doubloons, and they worked fine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:17:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Torpitz is getting Bismarck secondaries tomorrow.

I'll have to pull the camo nets off and try to get the turbines spinning again so I can sail it out of the fjord and kill stuff!
View Quote
Is it keeping the torps too?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:17:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I really want to buy the Alabama and put Steven Seagal in it but I don't know if I can buy any more premium ships from this game. I spent a week on the Alabama in the Boy Scouts just after Under Siege was filmed (That was the ship it was filmed on if you didn't know) so that has been the one damn ship I've ever wanted since beta. I'm sick of giving them my money though since most of my premium ships suck balls now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:39:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Similar to the Admiral Hipper and Prinz Eugen in my WOWs port....completely useless.

The German heavy cruiser Admiral Hipper abandoned in dry dock at Kiel, May 1945. The Ministry of Information, which controlled output of material to the press during the war, wanted to obtain colour photographs as a record and for inclusion in publications which could print in colour
View Quote
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4423218/The-Second-World-War-colour.html#ixzz4eh7k4Tix
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
 I'm sick of giving them my money though since most of my premium ships suck balls now.
View Quote
You chose poorly? 

All of these are so amazing, I barely even care to grind non-premiums anymore

Scharnhorst
Atlanta
Atago
Saipan
Alabama
Molotov
Khutozov
Tirpitz (post much needed secondary buff)
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Just a reminder... all the premium ship codes are sold, but the doubloons and premium time discounts are phenomenal.
Doubloons are cheaper than anything you can get through WGing's site.
All of these prices work out to less than if you bought the 25,000 for $99 directly from the premium shop

WarGaming shop
$99/25,000 = .00399 per doubloon

Gamersgate.com
$41.35/12,000 = .00345 per doubloon
$23.83/6,500 = .00367 per doubloon
$4.68/1,250 = .003744 per doubloon
$11.83/3,000 =  .00394 per doubloon

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You chose poorly? 

All of these are so amazing, I barely even care to grind non-premiums anymore

Scharnhorst
Atlanta
Atago
Saipan
Alabama
Molotov
Khutozov
Tirpitz (post much needed secondary buff)
View Quote
The Texas was my favorite premium for a long time. For T5 it kicked a lot of ass, and was nearly untouchable from the air even when set up for the main artillery instead of an AA build.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Nearly every team I've been on has been full of potatoes.

To top it off, i'm one of them in ships i've never played, i.e. Konig and Fletcher.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:38:58 AM EDT
[#9]
New computer night!!!

Replaced a Core2Duo and ATI 7850 with a coreI7 7700 and a GTX 1070. Still installing "stuff" but did  finally get the 15 gigs or so of WOWS install ED to play a few rounds.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:41:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
New computer night!!!

Replaced a Core2Duo and ATI 7850 with a coreI7 7700 and a GTX 1070. Still installing "stuff" but did  finally get the 15 gigs or so of WOWS install ED to play a few rounds.
View Quote
Ooh. That's a hell of a jump! I'm still running my 7 year old i7-920 computer(built in in January 2010), I expect I will probably be doing a new build later this year. Not sure yet how crazy I'm going to get, or whether I'm going to stick with a mid tower or go for a smaller package.

Meanwhile, I got a hell of a game just now but didn't do all that much damage. Spun a few circles shooting at people who weren't focus firing on anybody and managed 6 kills! I am a crazy DD killer in my Bayern, but the Gneisenau is just INSANE - I must have dodged 20 or so torps that match. All while another guy in the same ship was bitching about how much he hated his. *shrug*

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:58:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
the Gneisenau is just INSANE - I must have dodged 20 or so torps that match. All while another guy in the same ship was bitching about how much he hated his. *shrug*
View Quote
LOL... if you look up  "doing it wrong" on dictionary.com, I bet it has a picture of him playing WoWS

I was div'd with Cadmium last night, and we started in a tier 1, because I wanted to play the French Cruiser.  He picked a Black Swan.  He had 24 citadels, and won the match for us.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:01:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
New computer night!!!
View Quote
It is such a drastic improvement. Congrats!

Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ooh. That's a hell of a jump! I'm still running my 7 year old i7-920 computer(built in in January 2010), I expect I will probably be doing a new build later this year. Not sure yet how crazy I'm going to get, or whether I'm going to stick with a mid tower or go for a smaller package.

Meanwhile, I got a hell of a game just now but didn't do all that much damage. Spun a few circles shooting at people who weren't focus firing on anybody and managed 6 kills! I am a crazy DD killer in my Bayern, but the Gneisenau is just INSANE - I must have dodged 20 or so torps that match. All while another guy in the same ship was bitching about how much he hated his. *shrug*

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/33995/worldofwarships-2017-04-21-03-14-57-10-192000.JPG
View Quote
The Gneisenau is one of the most underrated ships by the games community. It's an absolute monster, and once you take MM into the equation I think she is even better than the Bismarck.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The Gneisenau is one of the most underrated ships by the games community. It's an absolute monster, and once you take MM into the equation I think she is even better than the Bismarck.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#15]
An interesting comment that I read is that a big part of it not being completed was that they were slow to convert aircraft for use on carriers.

Link Posted: 4/22/2017 8:49:09 PM EDT
[#16]
World of Warships - Hood Preview - Only If She's Free [WiP]
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:58:33 PM EDT
[#17]
http://pilotonline.com/life/woman-travels-hours-to-uss-wisconsin-to-reconnect-with-her/article_b69c3367-f0a3-5c3c-b9bf-5b31eb47af19.html

Woman travels 12 hours to USS Wisconsin to reconnect with her late grandfather
By Denise M. Watson 
The Virginian-Pilot
Apr 16, 2016

Chelsea Schell and her friends had driven 12 long hours to stand before the gray, hulking mass anchored in Norfolk, the city her grandpa had talked about for years. She’d been planning this journey from Waterford, Mich., for months. She carried a couple of black-and-white photos of her grandpa, James Schell, that would’ve been taken 70 years ago somewhere aboard the battleship Wisconsin.
She wore a navy blue jacket that she cuffed like her grandfather in one of the snapshots. Her matching shorts had buttons that looked like they belonged on a sailor’s uniform.
At 25, she was about to check off the top item on her bucket list. She just needed to find where her grandfather would’ve placed his feet as he stood watch on the Wisconsin, where he would’ve laughed with his buddies, where he might have slept.
And she couldn’t let herself cry.

Chelsea Schell lost her best friend when her grandfather died a few days before Thanksgiving in 2006.
He was the kind of grandpa who was serious, caring, Superman strong, but he once proudly walked into a store and bought Chelsea her first pair of ruffled tights.
“When my parents were at work, I was with him,” Schell remembered. “We just had this special bond. He would keep his fridge in the basement filled with my favorite pop. I wouldn’t be who I am today if it weren’t for my grandfather.”
She hasn’t been able to drink any of her faves — Country Time lemonade and Faygo Redpop — since he died.
He also talked with her about his days in the Navy. Even though she couldn’t digest all the details when she was younger, she could feel that it was one of the most important times of his life.
He told her about how badly he wanted to join the war after Pearl Harbor, but when he turned 17 in 1943, the Army told him he was too young. He could enlist in the Navy, but one of his parents had to sign for him.
They refused until the summer of 1944 and the Allied invasion of Europe, when they believed that the war’s end was imminent.
Still, when James Schell signed up with a recruiter, he was given a choice to return home and get called back in two to six weeks or leave the next day. He went home, and over dinner, told his parents he had to leave in the morning. His mom cried so much she couldn’t finish eating.
He wouldn’t tell them about the first option until years later.
Schell trained as a quartermaster and learned navigation. Though he was hankering for a fight, by the time his ship, LST 974, entered the Pacific theater, Japan was days from surrender.
His ship repatriated Japanese soldiers from China back to their island. Schell remained in the Navy and also served during the Korean War.
He’d talk about enjoying his training in Norfolk. However, his granddaughter couldn’t remember specific stories or when he was here, or even the names of the ships he served on. James Schell settled back in Michigan and kept in touch with friends he’d made onboard and lived a quiet life until the end.
Two years ago, Chelsea Schell was vacationing with friends in South Carolina when they invited her to join them on the tour of the aircraft carrier Yorktown, which is moored in Mount Pleasant.
She said she just went along, not thinking about her grandfather until she stepped onboard the aircraft carrier and started walking through the rooms.
Then her mind flooded with questions.
“Am I standing on the ship my grandpa was on? Is this where he ate? Where he slept? Where he met so many friends, some of whom he never saw again?” she recalled.
“That’s when everything changed. I had to find out the name of the ship my grandpa was on.”
She returned to Michigan and sorted through photos. Written on the back of one was “USS Wisconsin” and “1946.” She jumped on the Internet to research the ship.
Schell was stunned when she realized that the battleship was not only still around, but open for tours. She started planning.
In February, Schell contacted Nauticus, which manages the Wisconsin, and got in contact with Battleship Operations Manager Clayton Allen.
Allen averages two calls or emails a week from someone with a special request. A lot of times people don’t know what they want from the ship or how they want him to help.
“They just want to reconnect with the past,” Allen said. “Chelsea’s goal was easy; she knew what she wanted.”
She wanted to make sure she could get to the areas where her grandfather’s shots had been taken. She emailed photos of Schell standing on a ladder well and sitting on a thick anchor chain.
By comparing her photo and analyzing the antennae, and number and types of guns in the background, Allen confirmed one picture was taken between 1946 and 1948.
The photo of the stairs was trickier. Allen and other historians studied background details, such as the D-rings and weld line behind James Schell, and the shadows on his face, but couldn’t identify which ladder well. The Wisconsin has more than 30 of them now.
“We couldn’t nail it down because the ship was completely reconfigured in the 1980s,” he said.
He told Chelsea what he’d found, and told his crew about her and shared her photos.
She boarded the Wisconsin on March 11 with a tour group. She mentioned to the guide that her grandfather had served on the ship, and he called out, “Oh, you must be Chelsea!”
It would be one of the first of many times during the day she would be overwhelmed.
___
Chelsea used to work for a photography company and knew what she wanted. She wanted to place her feet, as much as possible, next to her grandpa’s. She positioned herself sitting on the bulky chain on the bow, left arm resting on her knee, as he grandfather had. Even though Allen couldn’t find the exact stairwell, the crew pointed out one that was likely near the area. She tried to match the pose, but that was another impossibility. James Schell, at nearly 6 feet, 4 inches tall, was almost a foot taller than she, so she stood on lower steps in her photo.
She jumped into a sailor’s rack and tried to imagine her grandpa’s lanky frame sleeping. She toured the main galley and mess deck, the navigation bridge and quartermaster’s space, and looked at instruments similar to ones he would’ve used.
“Standing there on the Wisconsin was like the closest I’d been to him since he’d died,” Schell said. “It was probably the most emotional moment of my life.”
She returned to Michigan feeling a never-before connection to her country’s and family’s past, she said. Now her father and an aunt want to visit. And one day, when she has children, she knows she’ll bring them to the city where their great-grandfather spent a part of his life in service to his country.

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:04:07 AM EDT
[#18]
http://pilotonline.com/life/whatever-happened-to-the-woman-who-visited-the-battleship-wisconsin/article_be543f50-fb5a-5854-884c-f24253c65259.html

Whatever happened to ... the woman who visited the battleship Wisconsin to honor her grandfather's memory?

All Chelsea Schell was thinking about when she visited the battleship Wisconsin in March was honoring her best friend and grandfather, James Schell.
While growing up in Waterford, Mich., grandpa took care of her while her parents worked. He stocked a basement fridge with her favorite pop and chatted with Chelsea about his love of the Navy, his training in Norfolk and his buddies aboard the Wisconsin, on which he’d served in 1946. She wouldn’t be the person she is today without him, she said.
He died a few days before Thanksgiving in 2006. Once she learned a couple of years ago that the Wisconsin was docked in Norfolk, she made it her mission to stand where he stood on the ship and take photos similar to the black-and-whites of him that she had.
Then a Virginian-Pilot reporter heard about her visit and the love that fueled her journey. The article would include photos of Chelsea in the same poses as her grandfather.
Chelsea had no idea it would change her life.
The story was published in the paper on Sunday, April 17, but Chelsea, 26, didn’t know it would be posted earlier online.
Chelsea was busy taking photos of a friend that Saturday when her phone started buzzing. She ignored it, but it kept pinging throughout the day with Facebook notifications.
Later, she checked and opened one.
“It said something like, ‘I just read your article,’ ” Chelsea said, still confused, not thinking about the newspaper story.
Then she looked at other messages. She’d received close to 100 friend requests and messages in 12 hours and they kept coming in. Once the story was published in the paper, the messages increased.
People wanted to tell her of their time in the military. People who said they never shed a tear said they cried when they read about her and her grandfather. Many said that they hoped that they would have a grandchild who would remember them. She got emails from men gushing over her photos but she ignored those.
“I really didn’t think anyone would care,” Chelsea said recently during a phone interview. “I thought the article would be something to share with my grandchildren one day, a way to keep my grandfather’s memory alive, but hundreds of people were impacted.
“After that day, it was a month of complete madness.”
Chelsea estimates she got only four hours of sleep the first four days. She tried responding to each of the messages. The stories from veterans got her the most.
“I read them as if I were listening to my grandfather, things I wished he were here to say,” she said.

The more people shared the story, the more response she received. She got messages from India, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. A man from the Netherlands wrote that her story inspired him to finally visit the Auschwitz camp in Poland where some of his relatives had died during the Holocaust.
She had to set up a post office box because people wanted to send her items. One Virginia Beach man started sending her memorabilia from the Wisconsin, including patches and booklets. Someone else had found a 1946 Wisconsin cruise book at a garage sale and mailed it to her.
Chelsea brought it with her this July when she attended a reunion on the Wisconsin.
The reunion turned out to be more memorable than her first visit, she said. She hopes her grandfather is proud of how she has worked to keep his memory alive.
“So many people saw the love and respect I have for my grandfather and they wanted to tell their stories,” she said, “like they want me to keep their memories alive, too.”
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#19]
any way to enable replays?  This was a great battle for me.  The damage wasn't super high, but I went toe to toe broadsides with a Yamato, and it was so fucking cool looking.  Man I wish I had a replay of it.  My secondaries with Adrenaline Rush were just lighting off (I was almost dead), was so cool and exciting to play.

Attachment Attached File

And check out this loss, holy fuck

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
http://pilotonline.com/life/woman-travels-hours-to-uss-wisconsin-to-reconnect-with-her/article_b69c3367-f0a3-5c3c-b9bf-5b31eb47af19.html

Woman travels 12 hours to USS Wisconsin to reconnect with her late grandfather
By Denise M. Watson 
The Virginian-Pilot
Apr 16, 2016

Chelsea Schell and her friends had driven 12 long hours to stand before the gray, hulking mass anchored in Norfolk, the city her grandpa had talked about for years. She’d been planning this journey from Waterford, Mich., for months. She carried a couple of black-and-white photos of her grandpa, James Schell, that would’ve been taken 70 years ago somewhere aboard the battleship Wisconsin.
She wore a navy blue jacket that she cuffed like her grandfather in one of the snapshots. Her matching shorts had buttons that looked like they belonged on a sailor’s uniform.
At 25, she was about to check off the top item on her bucket list. She just needed to find where her grandfather would’ve placed his feet as he stood watch on the Wisconsin, where he would’ve laughed with his buddies, where he might have slept.
And she couldn’t let herself cry.

Chelsea Schell lost her best friend when her grandfather died a few days before Thanksgiving in 2006.
He was the kind of grandpa who was serious, caring, Superman strong, but he once proudly walked into a store and bought Chelsea her first pair of ruffled tights.
“When my parents were at work, I was with him,” Schell remembered. “We just had this special bond. He would keep his fridge in the basement filled with my favorite pop. I wouldn’t be who I am today if it weren’t for my grandfather.”
She hasn’t been able to drink any of her faves — Country Time lemonade and Faygo Redpop — since he died.
He also talked with her about his days in the Navy. Even though she couldn’t digest all the details when she was younger, she could feel that it was one of the most important times of his life.
He told her about how badly he wanted to join the war after Pearl Harbor, but when he turned 17 in 1943, the Army told him he was too young. He could enlist in the Navy, but one of his parents had to sign for him.
They refused until the summer of 1944 and the Allied invasion of Europe, when they believed that the war’s end was imminent.
Still, when James Schell signed up with a recruiter, he was given a choice to return home and get called back in two to six weeks or leave the next day. He went home, and over dinner, told his parents he had to leave in the morning. His mom cried so much she couldn’t finish eating.
He wouldn’t tell them about the first option until years later.
Schell trained as a quartermaster and learned navigation. Though he was hankering for a fight, by the time his ship, LST 974, entered the Pacific theater, Japan was days from surrender.
His ship repatriated Japanese soldiers from China back to their island. Schell remained in the Navy and also served during the Korean War.
He’d talk about enjoying his training in Norfolk. However, his granddaughter couldn’t remember specific stories or when he was here, or even the names of the ships he served on. James Schell settled back in Michigan and kept in touch with friends he’d made onboard and lived a quiet life until the end.
Two years ago, Chelsea Schell was vacationing with friends in South Carolina when they invited her to join them on the tour of the aircraft carrier Yorktown, which is moored in Mount Pleasant.
She said she just went along, not thinking about her grandfather until she stepped onboard the aircraft carrier and started walking through the rooms.
Then her mind flooded with questions.
“Am I standing on the ship my grandpa was on? Is this where he ate? Where he slept? Where he met so many friends, some of whom he never saw again?” she recalled.
“That’s when everything changed. I had to find out the name of the ship my grandpa was on.”
She returned to Michigan and sorted through photos. Written on the back of one was “USS Wisconsin” and “1946.” She jumped on the Internet to research the ship.
Schell was stunned when she realized that the battleship was not only still around, but open for tours. She started planning.
In February, Schell contacted Nauticus, which manages the Wisconsin, and got in contact with Battleship Operations Manager Clayton Allen.
Allen averages two calls or emails a week from someone with a special request. A lot of times people don’t know what they want from the ship or how they want him to help.
“They just want to reconnect with the past,” Allen said. “Chelsea’s goal was easy; she knew what she wanted.”
She wanted to make sure she could get to the areas where her grandfather’s shots had been taken. She emailed photos of Schell standing on a ladder well and sitting on a thick anchor chain.
By comparing her photo and analyzing the antennae, and number and types of guns in the background, Allen confirmed one picture was taken between 1946 and 1948.
The photo of the stairs was trickier. Allen and other historians studied background details, such as the D-rings and weld line behind James Schell, and the shadows on his face, but couldn’t identify which ladder well. The Wisconsin has more than 30 of them now.
“We couldn’t nail it down because the ship was completely reconfigured in the 1980s,” he said.
He told Chelsea what he’d found, and told his crew about her and shared her photos.
She boarded the Wisconsin on March 11 with a tour group. She mentioned to the guide that her grandfather had served on the ship, and he called out, “Oh, you must be Chelsea!”
It would be one of the first of many times during the day she would be overwhelmed.
___
Chelsea used to work for a photography company and knew what she wanted. She wanted to place her feet, as much as possible, next to her grandpa’s. She positioned herself sitting on the bulky chain on the bow, left arm resting on her knee, as he grandfather had. Even though Allen couldn’t find the exact stairwell, the crew pointed out one that was likely near the area. She tried to match the pose, but that was another impossibility. James Schell, at nearly 6 feet, 4 inches tall, was almost a foot taller than she, so she stood on lower steps in her photo.
She jumped into a sailor’s rack and tried to imagine her grandpa’s lanky frame sleeping. She toured the main galley and mess deck, the navigation bridge and quartermaster’s space, and looked at instruments similar to ones he would’ve used.
“Standing there on the Wisconsin was like the closest I’d been to him since he’d died,” Schell said. “It was probably the most emotional moment of my life.”
She returned to Michigan feeling a never-before connection to her country’s and family’s past, she said. Now her father and an aunt want to visit. And one day, when she has children, she knows she’ll bring them to the city where their great-grandfather spent a part of his life in service to his country.

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/pilotonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/e/bd/ebdf733f-0935-5a09-bcf5-5a4557401630/581fcc3904891.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C1200

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/pilotonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/0/66/06696e58-4974-5771-a362-cf3612d08079/581f4c03df8f8.image.jpg?crop=831%2C736%2C6%2C102

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/pilotonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/a/54/a5406f25-be56-53ad-b617-92bfdb2f32c0/570d213bef496.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C1200

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/pilotonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/5/95/59538836-e788-57c9-a0cf-7df6e3ceb464/570d213b1130c.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C800

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/pilotonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/8/4b/84b1764c-8d6f-52d0-8798-814133b6854f/581fcc38b9a14.image.jpg
View Quote
Very cool story, thanks for sharing!  I want to do the same thing but in France where my grandfathers were both serving in 1944 and 1945.   Having those old warships around is a fantastic way to honor the memory of the men the served on them, and also the impact that service still has on their families to this day.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Cool story.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:19:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yeah
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah
Cool, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#24]
saw this on a WoWS fb page. the general concensus is Musashi, due to the barrel bands.  there's no AA on B turret, which was only applied to Yamato, but there's no date, so it could be pre-AA refit (there were a couple for Yamato, adding more each time)
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:28:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Not a super great game but i'm definitely enjoying the hell out of the secondaries on the Tirpitz now!

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Top XP in tier 9 match, playing in my tier 7 Scharn.... can I get a win please? 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File
Had a good one in my Kaiser, can't hit the ocean in my Gneisenau. 
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:37:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/63423/shot-17-198302.JPGHad a good one in my Kaiser, can't hit the ocean in my Gneisenau. 
View Quote
It isn't built for long range gunnery...get tucked in close with some cover like an island and have at it from < 12km.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:41:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It isn't built for long range gunnery...get tucked in close with some cover like an island and have at it from < 12km.
View Quote
100% this.  i was having a terrible time in the gneis trying to finesse it in open water until someone here informed me about the importance of using cover to close down the range.  quit playing it like a nagato, and all of a sudden things got a lot, lot less frustrating.  it almost plays like a giant DD--you intercept other ships and make them panic due to the threat of your torps.  it's great fun once you get the hang of it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:05:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/63423/shot-17-198302.JPGHad a good one in my Kaiser, can't hit the ocean in my Gneisenau. 
I have to wonder if the Konig has the same kind of  programming. I've had VASTLY better games in my WY.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 4:15:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I have to wonder if the Konig has the same kind of  programming. I've had VASTLY better games in my WY.
View Quote
yep.  pretty much all german BBs are optimized for cuddling instead of flirting.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#32]
"Battleship" Bismarck "during the sea trials. December 1940"

Link Posted: 4/30/2017 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#33]
My new nickname for the Tirpitz is Der SuperglücklichSpaßsekundäreVergewaltigungWagen
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Exhibit A:

Link Posted: 5/3/2017 7:37:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Nagato, only BB to survive.  US troops aboard after the war. 
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:56:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Did they stop doing super containers?   My last one was around Thanksgiving., IIRC, and I was wondering if they stopped doing it unless you specifically tried for them?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#37]
When your back hurts after the game is over.

This was the final of the last game last night. Our CV couldn't kill their Fletcher and we didn't have time to cap.

Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 11:52:01 AM EDT
[#41]
HMS Repulse - pictures (and captions) from Dreadnaughts" facebook group

This picture of HMS Repulse intrigues me. The tompions are removed from the guns in A Turret, there are no flags in evidence and the sailors are in North Sea/Atlantic rig so it can t be near Singapore. Anyone have any ideas.?.

HMS Repulse (leading) and Renown - 1926. Probably taken at the same time as the OP photo. Note Repulse has no tompions in her 'A' turret guns.

A good view of the flying-off platform on 'Y' turret of Repulse (1924):

Repulse leaving Singapore in her war paint.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#42]
I hate playing on weekends the retard just comes out in force and seems to be on my team more than not. Then occasionally you get a game when the retard is well spread between the teams and you can shine. Replay link https://replayswows.com/replay/908

Link Posted: 5/7/2017 11:46:58 PM EDT
[#43]
productive evening
Attachment Attached File
  Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:47:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Gripe for the day.  Tier IV-V carrier play is dildos now.  Unfortunately, more whiney n00bs play battleship than carriers.  So carriers got the nerfbat.  But what the whiners didn't realize is that for every match where we got to seal club a Wyoming, there was at least one match where we got shut down by sky cancer, and another where we drew bottom tier and got shredded by Tier VII AA.  

Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:49:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This picture of HMS Repulse intrigues me. The tompions are removed from the guns in A Turret, there are no flags in evidence and the sailors are in North Sea/Atlantic rig so it can t be near Singapore. Anyone have any ideas.?.
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18278212_10210983427595130_6095855523619712569_o.jpg?oh=8c4dbd76f80ac0815db52b5a0db9c5dd&oe=598653F3

HMS Repulse (leading) and Renown - 1926. Probably taken at the same time as the OP photo. Note Repulse has no tompions in her 'A' turret guns.
https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18278753_10154373613261502_2146638108059554718_o.jpg?oh=4f8c89fa52dcd38c602cc816c73ee071&oe=59880C52

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18319074_10154373622731502_3457460218814287161_o.jpg?oh=ffa52bc13591b0588dbf0c2de2cbafc9&oe=59766F9C

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/46582/18268276-1868992203357205-2498912021808021683-n-203424.JPG
View Quote
Firing the guns was often used as a salute in the RN.  Perhaps A turret was used to fire a salute for ceremonial purposes?
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Firing the guns was often used as a salute in the RN.  Perhaps A turret was used to fire a salute for ceremonial purposes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18278212_10210983427595130_6095855523619712569_o.jpg?oh=8c4dbd76f80ac0815db52b5a0db9c5dd&oe=598653F3

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18278753_10154373613261502_2146638108059554718_o.jpg?oh=4f8c89fa52dcd38c602cc816c73ee071&oe=59880C52

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18319074_10154373622731502_3457460218814287161_o.jpg?oh=ffa52bc13591b0588dbf0c2de2cbafc9&oe=59766F9C

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/46582/18268276-1868992203357205-2498912021808021683-n-203424.JPG
It looks like Renown's are out as well.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 12:55:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Those British (pre?)dreadnoughts look pretty badass with their side secondary turrets facing forward.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Those British (pre?)dreadnoughts look pretty badass with their side secondary turrets facing forward.
View Quote
WW1-era battlecruisers
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Yeah finally a decent game in my Z-52. replay link https://replayswows.com/replay/917

Some serious carrying this team to victory. 3020 base XP

Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Not surprising the only loss in in the Yorik.  Those German cruisers are really terrible and outclassed.   That coming from a guy that liked the relatively fragile Pensacola and New Orleans in the US line.
Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top