Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 296
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:15:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting stat....  # of Battles (this is just the top group)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:50:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:49:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Who are these Blys players doing that good? I always get fucking wrecked when I play mine. I think I use it too much like a DD and not enough like a CL so it's probably on me though.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who are these Blys players doing that good? I always get fucking wrecked when I play mine. I think I use it too much like a DD and not enough like a CL so it's probably on me though.
View Quote

Put points into anything that upgrades the guns and reduces visibility. My Blyska detect is 6.8, jumps to 10.4 when shooting and gun range is 14.5. That's a really nice sweet spot to rain HE, especially on those cruisers that want to hide behind islands. Flank, keep your distance and drop he. Even if they have smoke, that cruiser will have to either take the hits, break cover, or depend on his teammates to take care of you.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Put points into anything that upgrades the guns and reduces visibility. My Blyska detect is 6.8, jumps to 10.4 when shooting and gun range is 14.5. That's a really nice sweet spot to rain HE, especially on those cruisers that want to hide behind islands. Flank, keep your distance and drop he. Even if they have smoke, that cruiser will have to either take the hits, break cover, or depend on his teammates to take care of you.
View Quote
Yeah, I have been getting burned like crazy in BB by Blyska's
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:29:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hope none of what I said was taken as that you didn't, rather just general advice given the bi-polar nature of MM and RNG.  You are either going to get crappy teams or you are going to get decent teams.  If you are getting crappy teams I figure might as well do it in ranked where you will at least be on tier.
View Quote

MM, RNG and german BB dispersion. I really like how german bb's play, but holy crap I've never bracketed so many shots before.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:04:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I play mine as a gunboat. Hide in and out of the islands and spam torpedoes when the enemy ships get close enough. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#10]
damn maynard--gg.

i'm in a bit of a quandry for my izumo captain.  already have manual secondaries, and am trying to decide whether to go AFT or manual AA instead.  

what do you guys think?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I'm going to get back into this. I have a new Laptop (Lenovo, Quad Core i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX950M 4GB) downloading it right now. The old PC (which I'm still using at the moment and at least somewhat through tax season) just wasn't cutting it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:16:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Please confirm I'm thinking logically.

Given:

-The Gneisenau is one of the better T7 ships in the game, and good for Ranked battles.  I should keep it since I don't own a Scharnhorst.

-And, The Bismark is a fantastic Tier 8 battleship, will likely get mega nerfed, and I should play it now before it does.

Know:

-I have sufficient credits to "get both"

-And I have sufficient gold to retrain captains

Then:

-I should move my 15pt Gneis captain into the Bismark and retrain to take full advantage of those 15 points and take full advantage of the secondary fire capability of the Bismark.

-I should put a currently unused 10pt captain into the Gneis and use my Tirpitz to continue his training.

Else:

- Pull the 14pt captain from my Hipper (in which I am terrible) and put him in the Bismark, and put the 10 pt into the Hipper.

Anything I'm missing there?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:33:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Please confirm I'm thinking logically.

Given:

-The Gneisenau is one of the better T7 ships in the game, and good for Ranked battles.  I should keep it since I don't own a Scharnhorst.

-And, The Bismark is a fantastic Tier 8 battleship, will likely get mega nerfed, and I should play it now before it does.

Know:

-I have sufficient credits to "get both"

-And I have sufficient gold to retrain captains

Then:

-I should move my 15pt Gneis captain into the Bismark and retrain to take full advantage of those 15 points and take full advantage of the secondary fire capability of the Bismark.

-I should put a currently unused 10pt captain into the Gneis and use my Tirpitz to continue his training.

Else:

- Pull the 14pt captain from my Hipper (in which I am terrible) and put him in the Bismark, and put the 10 pt into the Hipper.

Anything I'm missing there?
View Quote

Put the 10pt Captain in the Gneis and grind it in ranked. Add a few good flags and you'll have him maxed out in no time. I took my Blyska Captain from 3 points to max in one ranked season.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:41:01 AM EDT
[#14]
My Warships today overall rating dropped 17 points since yesterday. I didn't even PLAY yesterday or today. WTF, over?
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:16:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Put the 10pt Captain in the Gneis and grind it in ranked. Add a few good flags and you'll have him maxed out in no time. I took my Blyska Captain from 3 points to max in one ranked season.
View Quote
this
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:21:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
this
View Quote

Thank you both for saving me from a potential mistake then.   Jumped up to 16 using the Gneis, then promptly got a window licker team that kept me from going up to 15.   A trollorado hid behind an island all game, but then managed to get enough damage when it was him vs. the world to beat me by a dozen XP to take top spot, so I lost a star and that moron kept his.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:29:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Be aggressive.  use your torps and guns.  get 80K damage and 2 kills.  Always be top XP.  you will never go backwards.  it was working for me very well up until rank 9.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 2:38:17 AM EDT
[#18]
It appears that the AR15 Black Rifle Group clan is full up, no more room (30 members only). Time for the AK47 (Trash Can Guns?) clan I guess.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:21:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It appears that the AR15 Black Rifle Group clan is full up, no more room (30 members only). Time for the AK47 (Trash Can Guns?) clan I guess.
View Quote

My vote would be to call it FUAROCK
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:27:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My vote would be to call it FUAROCK
View Quote

They can call it whatever they want. I'm already in the original clan.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:42:42 AM EDT
[#21]
BSG 87
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 8:00:15 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd suggest something that seems affiliated.  AR-15 would be good, like we did for tanks .

making some progress...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#24]
i'm one ragey battle away from re-buying a nagato and hulk-smashing into ranked.  playing ranked in CAs is for the gender-confused.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Got me from 10 to 8 so far today

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:27:32 PM EDT
[#26]
was that an actual publication of WGing?
I'd rather they fix the economics of carriers, and reduce the damn Shiratsuyu torp spam, instead of making stupid videos.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:00:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Just played a match in my Blyska. 3 DDs on each team. I was the only DD that paid any attention tot he caps. I was DC'd from the match and had to relog back in times, still managed to get 2 solo caps and 2 torps into a Scharn.

I think I might be done for tonight. ALL of the connection issues I have tonight are plotted back to WGs NA server.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:52:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Be aggressive.  use your torps and guns.  get 80K damage and 2 kills.  Always be top XP.  you will never go backwards.  it was working for me very well up until rank 9.
View Quote

Got to 15 and a star away from 14.  Then 2 tomato teams.  And as is typical, some mouth breather hangs away from the group and then gets top XP while he gets gang banged.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#29]
How different in play style is the Scharn from the Bismark?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:09:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A draw??
Wasn't my fault.
View Quote

Just had a Draw in my Ranked match today.

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:13:03 AM EDT
[#31]
So, what is up with the Scharns guns? Two matches in a row I scored perfect broadside hits and did zero damage. The Gato was perfect broadside and not moving, the other Scharn was about 10 degrees angled.

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:52:28 AM EDT
[#32]
This guy managed to detonate an unspotted Atlanta (that had just started moving) right at match start, then detonated 2 dodging and weaving DDs during the battle.

His ranked stats

His overall stats
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:42:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So, what is up with the Scharns guns? Two matches in a row I scored perfect broadside hits and did zero damage. The Gato was perfect broadside and not moving, the other Scharn was about 10 degrees angled.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/198592/shot-17-150234.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/198592/shot-17-150235.jpg
View Quote
Funny I was going to make a similar post from my experience this weekend. I am getting A LOT bounces in ranked with my scharn now. I'll connect with a good portion of my broadside and they all just bounce. This has happened in several scenarios (angled, not angled, plunging, direct, overand under 10km). With the exception of the occasional citadel at close range I think my secondaries did most of the damage.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Funny I was going to make a similar post from my experience this weekend. I am getting A LOT bounces in ranked with my scharn now. I'll connect with a good portion of my broadside and they all just bounce. This has happened in several scenarios (angled, not angled, plunging, direct, overand under 10km). With the exception of the occasional citadel at close range I think my secondaries did most of the damage.
View Quote

I Know it's guns are a bit underpowered, but when I score 6 or 7 hits on a BB, that's not angled very much, I expect some damage.

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Coming soon to a game near you...the Matchmaking Monitor.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Question.  Is there a way to reach through my monitor to beat people for being douchebags?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#37]
If you guys want some good dramallama reading, google the story of Frumpylumps in WoWS. Dude did nothing but TK'd premium ships and bragged about it for months in chat, reddit and the WG forums before WG took any action.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#38]
I've done more reports through the website in the past two days then I've ever done. Serial AFK'rs, douchbags that give out locations in chat, TK'rs, and one suspected cheater. I did notice something. All of my tickets for the open/shut cases, where I provided plenty of evidence had the same canned response:

Thanks for your interest in World of Warships and for contacting our NA Support Team!
We appreciate your report. Identifying players who degrade the quality of the game and community is an ongoing task that you've helped with. Thank you!
We do apologize for any inconvenience or frustration this issue may have caused. Don't worry, we can help you with that.
With the information you have provided us, we have performed an investigation and taken the appropriate actions in accordance with our procedures. Due to our privacy policy, we are unable to inform you as to what actions have been taken against the player(s) in question. However, we assure you that violations of the game rules are met with appropriate sanctions. To see what actions we commonly take for various offenses, please see our Frequently Asked Questions regarding Rules Violations.
View Quote

One borderline case got this response:

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.
With the information you have provided us, we have performed an investigation and taken the appropriate actions in accordance with our procedures.
Have a nice day!
View Quote

Am I reading too much into it, or did the privacy policy blurb mean that action WAS taken?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Aaaaaaaaagh! fucktards!!!!!!!!!!!! Two tier X ships and a tier 9 BB were right next to the cap and would not go into it to reset it because they were afraid of the DD. I was not close enough to go since I was fighting the majority of their team.

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I've done more reports through the website in the past two days then I've ever done. Serial AFK'rs, douchbags that give out locations in chat, TK'rs, and one suspected cheater. I did notice something. All of my tickets for the open/shut cases, where I provided plenty of evidence had the same canned response:

One borderline case got this response:

Am I reading too much into it, or did the privacy policy blurb mean that action WAS taken?
View Quote
Meh, mine was a more run of the mill douchebag.  Admiral Jenkins of Task Force YOLO was mad that I decided to shoot at the ships shooting at our carriers rather than YOLO down the center of the map to death and glory.  He went full autist on me when he died.  I just wanted to do the gene pool a favor.    
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just loaded it in. It's really nice and easy to use, unlike XVM. Saw in reddit that previous xvm type programs eventually get banned so enjoy it while you can. Apparently, WG does not want players to know the stats of who's in the match, unlike WOT.

It's been really useful in determine who I should focus my fire on. Last match the enemy team had a Nagato with 36%, a Belfast with 1 battle and a Atlanta with 58% and higher average damage per match then the Gato and Belfast put together. Our team had two Belfasts with 1 and 2 battles per. I tactfully suggested caution to our Belfasts (and one listened!), then listed the numbers and suggested ignoring the Nagato and focus firing on the Atl. For once, (cue the unicorn) the team listened. Their Belfast charged in and died quickly, then we kept fire on the Atl every time he stuck his nose out so he could't do much, ignored the Nagato (he was last ship alive when points ran out and lowest score). Gimme my star and Bob's your uncle.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pretty cool! thanks!

I just used it to get my team to focus a FOG player with a 78% Winrate... we killed him first  and we won the match.  He was in a Belfast, surprise, surprise. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Pretty cool! thanks!

I just used it to get my team to focus a FOG player with a 78% Winrate... we killed him first  and we won the match.  He was in a Belfast, surprise, surprise. 
View Quote

I've only run it for 4 battles, but it seems like as soon as you talk numbers, people start listening and things pull together better.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#44]
5 battles with only 1 loss.  But, I was top XP, so no star loss.
progress:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Is it just me, or are the rewards for Ranked some of the worst yet?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Is this improved Damage Control Party Mod 1 useful enough to swap for Steering Gears Modification 2 on my BB?

"+40% to the action time of Damage Control Party"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Did they weld the guns solid in that limp dick position?  I wonder why?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Is this improved Damage Control Party Mod 1 useful enough to swap for Steering Gears Modification 2 on my BB?

"+40% to the action time of Damage Control Party"

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/46582/2017-02-20-17-57-43-shot-17-150627.JPG
View Quote
I've been wondering the same thing. That and which BB to use it on.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:32:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/46582/2017-02-20-18-26-44--9--Facebook-150644.JPG
View Quote
Pretty sure that is just part of the cocooning process for them and its not permanent . Its done to keep the bare metal section that rides in the recoil area of the trunion from rusting.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/46582/2017-02-20-18-26-44--9--Facebook-150644.JPG
View Quote

Yeah, kind of strange, usually they display them with the barrels at an up angle.   Was that the turret that was damaged in the explosion?  May have been welded in place given the damage in the turret.
Page / 296
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top