Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#1]
They are not $300...they are $99

http://www.bumpfiresystems.com
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:53:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty cool.  How can you stabilize a PPS43 on one of those?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

SlideFire was +$300 for years
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

My comment was directed to billofrights
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those dumb enough to pay $300+ for a "bump fire stock" I'm about to make you very angry:

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2012/05/01/diy-bumpfire-stock/

Question:  How poor are you?

Does throwing away $300 on a hobby make you Angry?

'Cause the people who spent that much on a slidefire don't think about it that way.  

It's like spending 3 bills on a dinner, or ammo, or a present for the wife.      Not a big deal, unless you are really weird, or really poor.      

Fwiw, I haven't bought one, but I have thought about making one.

So how poor are you? You just said that spending 300 is no big deal unless you are really poor, but then go on to say that you are considering building one instead of just buying one. So are you really poor?

I did not  say I was considering building one, I said that I would build one before I spent that much money on one, because buying what I would build for less than a 20th of the cost would be stupid.  I have no reason for either one, my finger works just fine.

My comment was directed to billofrights

Oops.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Exactly what I was referring to, and people couldn't get enough.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#6]
In every one of OP's threads I wonder how the fuck is he an instructor
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For those dumb enough to pay $300+ for a "bump fire stock" I'm about to make you very angry:
View Quote

While I don't want or need a bump fire stock, I'd rather pay money for something that didn't look like a pile of shit, even if the pile of shit works.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

You really don't get why I posted this?

Let me spell it out to you in simple term you might be able to understand:

I see funny video.

Funny video make me laugh.

HaHa.

Video make me remember seeing this long long time ago.

Make me wonder why so many pay so much for what amounts to shiiny 2x4.

I post video to share the funny and point out the stupid.

Why pay so much for something so simple?

If goal is to waste lots of ammo on dirt why 2x4 no good?

Do you understand now Princess?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I see funny video.

HaHa.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see funny video.

HaHa.

Well as long as the receiver extension, endplate, and buffer are clone correct, everything is alright. And an airsoft DD rail is just as good as the real thing.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

While I don't want or need a bump fire stock, I'd rather pay money for something that didn't look like a pile of shit, even if the pile of shit works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm actually with you, but how much more?

You see how simple it really is so was it really worth the $300+ so many were lining up to pay for so long?

Kind of my point.

Also as has been stated by others you can easily build your own "pretty" one by removing the locking mechanism from a folding stock and bracketing it to a hogged out pistol grip, total cost?  Less than $40, so why pay $300+?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You see how simple it really is so was it really worth the $300+ so many were lining up to pay for so long?

Kind of my point.

Also as has been stated by others you can easily build your own "pretty" one by removing the locking mechanism from a folding stock and bracketing it to a hogged out pistol grip, total cost?  Less than $40, so why pay $300+?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of my point.

FFS the bump fire stocks are $99
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:33:13 PM EDT
[#12]
The piece of wood would be a multiburst trigger activator according to CA. This is a felony in my state. Im not even lying.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Well as long as the receiver extension, endplate, and buffer are clone correct, everything is alright. And an airsoft DD rail is just as good as the real thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see funny video.

HaHa.

Oh, so your STILL butt hurt that I didn't automatically see the need to buy the over priced and out of spec parts that you and others like because that is not what I fucking wanted?  Why the fuck do you even care so much?  Did I offend you in some way.  Was my not bowing down to the alter of Colt and Tacticool accessories really such a persona insult to you?

Also if you actually read what I wrote in those threads nowhere did I actually say what you say I did.  I was simply seeking lower cost off brand alternatives that would still meet my requirements but at a reduced cost, that's it, as it turned out I could not actually find any save for some minor parts that were both correct and in stock, but you and others are behaving as if the mere questioning of the name brand and my willingness to buy knockoffs IF they were built IDENTICALLY or at least in every way that counted was heresy against your prancing pony god.  I also wondered which of the many many products on the market were actually to spec, but because I didn't just blindly grab whatever was new, shiny, and in fashion despite not fucking wanting it you took personal offense.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kind of my point.

NOW, but what about for all that time when they were $300+ and people were all tripping over each other to get on the back order list to buy one?  That is what i am referencing.  But eve $99 is to much for what you're actually getting.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:44:25 PM EDT
[#16]
OP always delivers the unintentional lulz.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:45:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Oh, so your STILL butt hurt that I didn't automatically see the need to buy the over priced and out of spec parts that you and others like because that is not what I fucking wanted?  Why the fuck do you even care so much?  Did I offend you in some way.  Was my not bowing down to the alter of Colt and Tacticool accessories really such a persona insult to you?

Also if you actually read what I wrote in those threads nowhere did I actually say what you say I did.  I was simply seeking lower cost off brand alternatives that would still meet my requirements but at a reduced cost, that's it, as it turned out I could not actually find any save for some minor parts that were both correct and in stock, but you and others are behaving as if the mere questioning of the name brand and my willingness to buy knockoffs IF they were built IDENTICALLY or at least in every way that counted was heresy against your prancing pony god.  I also wondered what of the many many products on the market were actually to spec, but because I didn't just blindly grab whatever was new, shiny, and in fashion despite not fucking wanting it you took personal offense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see funny video.

HaHa.

Also if you actually read what I wrote in those threads nowhere did I actually say what you say I did.  I was simply seeking lower cost off brand alternatives that would still meet my requirements but at a reduced cost, that's it, as it turned out I could not actually find any save for some minor parts that were both correct and in stock, but you and others are behaving as if the mere questioning of the name brand and my willingness to buy knockoffs IF they were built IDENTICALLY or at least in every way that counted was heresy against your prancing pony god.  I also wondered what of the many many products on the market were actually to spec, but because I didn't just blindly grab whatever was new, shiny, and in fashion despite not fucking wanting it you took personal offense.

lol

I'm the one thats butthurt.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:46:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
the rubber band behind the trigger and around the mag well trick? that's a machinegun now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So everyone has already forgotten about the old heavy rubber band trick?  And hell no I won't post it on an open forum.

That, Sir, is a machine gun.

...and you've already said enough to implicate yourself.

the rubber band behind the trigger and around the mag well trick? that's a machinegun now?
I don't believe so. All it does is increase trigger pull. I've never seen a letter saying it was a MG conversion.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see funny video.

HaHa.

lol

The fact that you brought it up in a completely unrelated thread tells me yes.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:37:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyway, this "bump board" only works for pistols, so the SlideFire/BumpFire stocks for AR-15s are completely different.  

I have both SlideFire and BumpFire brand stocks.  I think they're cool.  I'll prolly be making a pistol bump board this weekend.  Surprised no one has commercialized this "bump board" idea yet.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:40:29 AM EDT
[#21]
The reason people pay for bumpfire stocks is refinement.

Just like why people buy quad rails from vendors vs. using a piece of PVC pipe.

Not to mention, there's already a letter of legality for the designs rather than taking the risk that the ATF will feel differently about your home-brew design.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:42:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I think swingset posted a thread about that method like 10 years ago.

I tried it.  It works.   Awkward, tho.

Wouldn't be difficult to make a AR bumpfire stock from scratch, tho.
View Quote

I did, and it was redneck as fuck and just intended for making noise....but if you practice you can get fairly accurate with it.

It's not a slide fire, tho.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:49:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I paid 150 for this stock. I like it.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:58:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I have no interest in the slide fire stock or a board that helps me bumpfire, but +1 for redneck ingenuity.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I have no interest in the slide fire stock or a board that helps me bumpfire, but +1 for redneck ingenuity.
View Quote

Prone bumpfire is loads of fun.  Very similar to operating a SAW. You should give it a try sometime.

http://youtu.be/VX8hSupbHcM

http://youtu.be/-kKWMqt6TnQ
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:09:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They looked to have enjoyed it.

Not really my cup of tea however.

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:31:06 AM EDT
[#27]
I own a fostech bump fire stock, and let me tell you; it's the most fun I've had shooting my AR15's in ten years. I don't feel dumb for what I spent on it. I hope you never see how much transferable machine guns cost.

My local range lets me shoot it indoors and I can put a full mag into a target at 50yds standing up. It also came with a letter from the ATF saying it's legal. You can keep your wood blocks.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Ya, I bet all them people who paid 200,000 dollars for a house are going to feel dumb when they find out a 100 dollar tent could do the same thing too.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Prone bumpfire is loads of fun.  Very similar to operating a SAW. You should give it a try sometime.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for making this lame ass thread not be a total waste of 2 mins!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:59:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ya, I bet all them people who paid 200,000 dollars for a house are going to feel dumb when they find out a 100 dollar tent could do the same thing too.

View Quote

Great analogy.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:17:52 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I thought it was cool. I never did it, but guns have never been just about punching holes in paper for me so I like stuff like that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think swingset posted a thread about that method like 10 years ago.

I tried it.  It works.   Awkward, tho.

Wouldn't be difficult to make a AR bumpfire stock from scratch, tho.

I did, and it was redneck as fuck and just intended for making noise....but if you practice you can get fairly accurate with it.
It's not a slide fire, tho.

I thought it was cool. I never did it, but guns have never been just about punching holes in paper for me so I like stuff like that.

I had plans for a welded-wire frame that would attach to a stock and I got so far as prototyping it (and it worked awesome) but I really feared the ATF's heavy hand as it attached to the gun and didn't want to put it out with their creative take on "modification" to an existing firearm.

It was crude and inelegant but it worked to rigidly shoulder just like the slide fire (at least on an A2 rifle and an AK)....but I didn't want to create problems for people or go down that rabbit hole myself. Might have missed some personal enrichment by being cautious, but fuck the ATF.

The Akins 10/22 fiasco cemented my decision, even if the slide fire escaped their wrath.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#34]
My understanding was THAT particular method of bumpfiring (the bumpstick and similar dowel devices) was illegal.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My understanding was THAT particular method of bumpfiring (the bumpstick and similar dowel devices) was illegal.
View Quote

Why would it be?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

Your understanding is wrong. It is still manually cycling every round, without modification to the gun. You can bump like that up against a tree-limb.

To gain verboten status, you have to modify the gun in such a way that one pull equals more than one bullet....or in the case of the akins device modify the gun sufficiently that the ATF's idiot crew deems it automatic.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#38]
I sold my Slidefire because I didn't like the way it looked on the rifle...

I'm sure as heck not going to carry lumber and a dowel around.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I sold my Slidefire because I didn't like the way it looked on the rifle...

I'm sure as heck not going to carry lumber and a dowel around.
View Quote

They are kinda ugly, that's why I made my own stock.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:35:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Huh... I got sent this thread in an IM of Facebook a ways back, and I was too busy to respond then.  

To the OP, I'm guessing you've intentionally stayed out of the Bump-SAW threads? That's cool. Let me give you an idea of what us idiots  can do with these $300 pieces of shit. I don't suppose you could pull this off with the plywood contraption, could you?

Accurate fire on an IPSC target @ 250yds? Check.

Controllable rate of fire? Check.

Fire and movement? Check

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:39:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't worry, there are quite a few of us who do the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:42:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Also if you actually read what I wrote in those threads nowhere did I actually say what you say I did.  I was simply seeking lower cost off brand alternatives that would still meet my requirements but at a reduced cost, that's it, as it turned out I could not actually find any save for some minor parts that were both correct and in stock, but you and others are behaving as if the mere questioning of the name brand and my willingness to buy knockoffs IF they were built IDENTICALLY or at least in every way that counted was heresy against your prancing pony god.  I also wondered which of the many many products on the market were actually to spec, but because I didn't just blindly grab whatever was new, shiny, and in fashion despite not fucking wanting it you took personal offense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see funny video.

HaHa.

Wants to build the most accurate clone of a military issue M4 as possible.  Will not "bow down to the alter of Colt."  
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:44:18 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote
Nah, you've just made yourself look bad.
It's cool, laughing at the backfire you're receiving is still entertaining.
Keep it up!

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:56:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Huh... I got sent this thread in an IM of Facebook a ways back, and I was too busy to respond then.  

To the OP, I'm guessing you've intentionally stayed out of the Bump-SAW threads? That's cool. Let me give you an idea of what us idiots  can do with these $300 pieces of shit. I don't suppose you could pull this off with the plywood contraption, could you?

Accurate fire on an IPSC target @ 250yds? Check.

Controllable rate of fire? Check.

Fire and movement? Check
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hrgh5txFKg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUTRfRY9LTs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jwmGVwyGRs
View Quote

You missed the point of the thread, I did not say that the 2x4 was the best there is, the point I was driving at, while attempting to be humorous, was that this really is a very simple concept, and there is simply no reason to run out and spend money on it.  When the slide fire first came out i remember that not only were people willing to pay $300, they were willing to wait on back order lists for the privilege, when there was simply no reason to.  What the slide fire accomplishes is literally so simple that a couple of red necks with a 2x4 can do it.  Is the 2x4 nice looking, or practical, no but neither really is the slide fire, and it certainly is not worth the $300 people were paying.  Give me a telescopic stuck, a pistol grip, a couple L brackets, some screws and a power drill and I can build you your  very own slide fire in about 5 minutes.  Just remove the lock from the collapsible stock, hog out the pistol grip and connect it to the stock with L brackets and there you go, total cost: less than $50 and no wait.

For that matter you don't even need anything at all, if I feel like wasting ammo I can bump fire just fine with just my finger, so can anyone.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:00:07 AM EDT
[#45]
OP, all the money you "saved" yourself from buying a Slide-fire, you spent on having to pay someone else to bolt in a new radiator for you.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:01:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The horror, I don't see the benefit of wasting ammo, or paying a premium for certain brands and I shop for the best deals, don't see the need for paying for something I can do for free, and want to build my own rifle my way, I must be an idiot.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:02:33 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

You missed the point of the thread,

You made the point very clear, you wanted to point out who you think is "dumb".

I did not say that the 2x4 was the best there is, the point I was driving at, while attempting to be humorous, was that this really is a very simple concept, and there is simply no reason to run out and spend money on it.  

Which is an opinion, and failed to take into account that many people HAVE made their own, cheaply and look much, much better.

When the slide fire first came out i remember that not only were people willing to pay $300, they were willing to wait on back order lists for the privilege, when there was simply no reason to.  

Except for the whole high cyclic rate for a fraction of the cost of real full auto, and no NFA.

What the slide fire accomplishes is literally so simple that a couple of red necks with a 2x4 can do it.

False.  The "rednecks" did so by placing a pipe in the trigger well to activate the trigger, not a finger.

The slide-fire allows safe operation, while following established safety rules.

Is the 2x4 nice looking, or practical, no but neither really is the slide fire, and it certainly is not worth the $300 people were paying.  Give me a telescopic stuck, a pistol grip, a couple L brackets, some screws and a power drill and I can build you your  very own slide fire in about 5 minutes.  

No one cares, members already have.  You're not onto anything new.

Just remove the lock from the collapsible stock, hog out the pistol grip and connect it to the stock with L brackets and there you go, total cost: less than $50 and no wait.

Once again, not news.

For that matter you don't even need anything at all, if I feel like wasting ammo I can bump fire just fine with just my finger, so can anyone.

Yet, not as accurately as with a bumpfire stock.

View Quote
Your thread is a failure, your point pointless, and your attempts to salvage it are about a year to a year and a half behind the power curve.

Sorry.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:04:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Wants to build the most accurate clone of a military issue M4 as possible.  Will not "bow down to the alter of Colt."  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see funny video.

HaHa.

And?  Is Colt the ONLY company capable of making the identical same parts?  Is the pony roll stamp (even when the parts are completely unmarked, like the buffer tube) really that important to you?  Oh and last I checked issue M4s have fucking selector stops.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:10:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
OP, all the money you "saved" yourself from buying a Slide-fire, you spent on having to pay someone else to bolt in a new radiator for you.
View Quote

A mans got to know his limitations.

I was never raised around car repair, it was not something I took part in, watched, paid attention to, or had any interest in growing up.  I never had auto shop.  I have zero experience of any kind working on cars.  I can not afford to disable my daily driver when I, who am forthright to admit when I am out of my depth, fuck something up.  Replacing a radiator my be simple to you, but it is not to me.  It is just not something that I know how to do.  I really don't see what is so difficult to understand about that.  So yes, I paid a mechanic.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:14:13 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

I was never raised around car repair, it was not something I took part in, watched, paid attention to, or had any interest in growing up.  I never had auto shop.  I have zero experience of any kind working on cars.  I can not afford to disable my daily driver when I, who am forthright to admit when I am out of my depth, fuck something up.  Replacing a radiator my be simple to you, but it is not to me.  It is just not something that I know how to do.  I really don't see what is so difficult to understand about that.  So yes, I paid a mechanic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you can't do simple automobile repair, how do you feel comfortable advocating for people to build slide-fire stocks, as well as claiming to be able to make your own?

Loosen two hoses and pull some bolts...  reverse with the new radiator...  it's literally easier than putting together that bullshit from your video.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top