Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/18/2015 1:10:07 PM EDT
 Join state level organizations and help your fellow gun owners.  

I tried this thread in the past and it bombed.  But I'm a stupid, stubborn man so here it is again.  

Archived thread

Some recent dick measuring over state gun laws reminded me of this old archived thread and I thought it deserved a second attempt.

If Texas got full constitutional carry tomorrow, with no more gun laws to fix or repeal....I would still not be happy.  Why?  Because I won't be happy until every state has constitutional carry.  I know that's likely more of a fantasy than having a harem full of gorgeous bikini models, but it's my goal, damn it.

With that in mind, it would be nice to see gun owners support each other a little bit more than we do.  An easy way to do this is to join another state's state level gun rights lobbying association.  For example, in Texas that would be the TSRA.  Last time I tried this thread, I joined the NYSRPA and MS Carry, and several other people joined those groups or TSRA.

Maybe this time around it'll be more effective as a call out thread of sorts. If you see someone pissing on some other state about how bad their gun laws suck in GD, link them to this thread and challenge them to do something about it.  Our state level organizations do good work for gun owners and could always use the extra cash and extra membership numbers.

States people have mentioned in this thread and links to their state level gun rights organization:

Texas:  TSRA
Mississippi: MS Carry
New York: NYSRPA
Illinois: Illinois State Rifle Association and Illinois Carry
Oregon: Oregon Fiearms Federation
Michigan: http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/
Maryland: Maryland Shall Issue
Georgia: Georgia Carry
Ohio: Buckeye Firearms
Iowa: Iowa Firearms Coalition
Minnesota: Gun Owner's Civil Rights Alliance
Virginia: VCDL
Massachusetts: GOAL
California: California Rifle and Pistol Association
Rhode Island: RIFOL
Pennsylvania: PR&PA
Arizona: AzCDL
Maine: Gun Owners of Maine

Adding this to the OP since it apparently never gets read at the end of the thread:

I'd encourage people again....don't just send me links to the org in YOUR state that YOU want people to join.

Pick one from the list and join it!  Help out your fellow gun owners.

Been a lot of "People should join my organization" in this thread and not enough "I'll join this group"....IMO.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Good intentions indeed.  I just don't know how this is going to work out in the end.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good intentions indeed.  I just don't know how this is going to work out in the end.

Good luck.
View Quote

I don't either, but figured it was worth a shot.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Look if you don't like Texas's liberal ass gun laws you can always move to a free state. You don't have to give away memberships to make yourself feel better about it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, that attempt at solidarity lasted a long time.

Quoted:
Look if you don't like Texas's liberal ass gun laws you can always move to a free state. You don't have to give away memberships to make yourself feel better about it.
View Quote

I'll happily pay $150 for a CHL every five years to avoid an income tax and live in the warm sunshine.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

As always, your post has been helpful and informative.

Thanks for the thread bump.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#7]
This is going to go down in flames pretty quickly.  Good on you for trying it though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

im just in it for the free membership... see post #5.... THANKS!

ETA: Hopefully you Tejans realize I am just poking fun.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:32:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe you should buy the biggest asshole who posts in this thread a membership.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:32:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea, we have legal open carry in AL. The great state of TX my ass.    Lots of room for you and yours unless you're a deadbeat.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Post number five is a link to this thread.......
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do I look like I'm made of money?  
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the OP:  If you see someone pissing on some other state about how bad their gun laws suck in GD, Link to this thread....

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

From the OP:  If you see someone pissing on some other state about how bad their gun laws suck in GD, Link to this thread....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jLu79Yzfv1c/TgIwg9O7pLI/AAAAAAAAFP4/rsdgpInKe7o/s1600/JokeOverHead3.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jLu79Yzfv1c/TgIwg9O7pLI/AAAAAAAAFP4/rsdgpInKe7o/s1600/JokeOverHead3.jpg

So you'll be joining TSRA then?

Or are you just here to troll as per usual?

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:37:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#16]
the only thing worst than restriction of Freedom is cancer, fuck both of them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This is going to go down in flames pretty quickly.  Good on you for trying it though.
View Quote

I think it falls more under "insanity"....doing the same thing twice and expecting different results.

Though this thread already has more trolling than the last one, so at least one thing is different.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 5:22:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah. Like...NY.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:05:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Noble attempt, I'm not sure it'll help, but it's appreciated none the less.

Some people were absolutely giddy when they thought OCTC had sunk our Open Carry bill, was disgusting. There were some who were supportive though.

The more I think about the effort OP, the more I appreciate it. I want to contribute, I'm broke right now, but I've got an idea of something I can send you to help. I'll PM you later and see what you think.

Thanks

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#20]
NJ definitely sucks and needs to change its laws. Where does one even start? I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I don't even know who to write or how to compose a real letter.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
NJ definitely sucks and needs to change its laws. Where does one even start? I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I don't even know who to write or how to compose a real letter.
View Quote

Hopefully someone from NJ can chime in with what organizations are doing good work there, because I have no idea.

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Hopefully someone from NJ can chime in with what organizations are doing good work there, because I have no idea.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The NRA might be a start?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I want to contribute, I'm broke right now, but I've got an idea of something I can send you to help. I'll PM you later and see what you think.

Thanks

View Quote

I'll look for the IM, but I'm certainly not looking for anything for myself, money or material wise so I really don't foresee anything I could accept from anyone.  

Just hoping some members will step up and join some out of state organizations.  Sorry about your financial situation, get right with that so you can contribute some other time.  Appreciate the sentiment.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm a big fan of the NRA (obviously) but this is more for the state orgs who typically don't get the press or money the NRA does but are still critical to improving state level gun laws.

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm a big fan of the NRA (obviously) but this is more for the state orgs who typically don't get the press or money the NRA does but are still critical to improving state level gun laws.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just figured the NRA could point one in the right direction.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#26]
FWIW Colorado could use some help again with the push to repeal the mag ban. I have emailed their reps on the issue do t know how much help if any it will be but it is worth everyone's time . It's becoming a top issue again there and looks like it could get enough support to get overturned.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#27]
We have constitutional carry bills in the assembly in NV right now we made a thread to try and get people to support it but have gotten very little response.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1727547_FIREMISSION_for_Constitutional_Carry_in_NV__libtards_are_hammering_us_from_out_of_state.html

kinda pisses me off when some of the other threads in gd are multi page with rather insignificant topics

also listed are bills for ccw reciprocity and to eliminate our handgun registry and some other great 2a bills
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
We have constitutional carry bills in the assembly in NV right now we made a thread to try and get people to support it but have gotten very little response.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1727547_FIREMISSION_for_Constitutional_Carry_in_NV__libtards_are_hammering_us_from_out_of_state.html

kinda pisses me off when some of the other threads in gd are multi page with rather insignificant topics

also listed are bills for ccw reciprocity and to eliminate our handgun registry and some other great 2a bills
View Quote

I will hit that.

Is there any kind of lobbying group doing good work in Nevada or do we just need to do this individually?

Eta:  Reading that thread, looks like everything passed?  Is there anything left to hit?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I will hit that.

Is there any kind of lobbying group doing good work in Nevada or do we just need to do this individually?

Eta:  Reading that thread, looks like everything passed?  Is there anything left to hit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will hit that.

nothing has passed. some of the bills have passed out of committee but still need to go for a full vote in the assembly.

the only lobby group i really know of is the nevada firearms coalition http://www.nvfacpac.org/
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

nothing has passed. some of the bills have passed out of committee but still need to go for a full vote in the assembly.

the only lobby group i really know of is the nevada firearms coalition http://www.nvfacpac.org/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will hit that.

That's what I get for reading the last post in a hurry with the wife talking in the background.  

Hit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Next time I see the NRA instructor at my range I'll pulls him aside and see if he's got any ideas. But there's got to be more that can be fine aside for the NRA.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:08:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Next time I see the NRA instructor at my range I'll pulls him aside and see if he's got any ideas. But there's got to be more that can be fine aside for the NRA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.nj2as.com
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Friday bump.  

This thread went about as well as the last one.  Oh well.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Friday bump.  

View Quote

Well, thank you for trying! Don't let the haters bring you down.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Friday bump.  

The trolls don't bother me, they can't help themselves.

Was just hoping this idea would get a little more traction with the rest of GD.  

Either way, thanks to those who are members of the NRA and your state groups, and please consider joining some state groups in other states trying to improve their gun laws.  

WV passed constitutional carry through both houses, only to have it vetoed by the governor....the state by state battle continues.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Maybe we can get someone from every state to list a good organization in their state and you can post it in OP.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Maybe we can get someone from every state to list a good organization in their state and you can post it in OP.
View Quote

That's actually pretty brilliant.  I'll start with the ones I'm members of.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:23:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome idea, Irish!

For Illinois the two leading the charge are:
The Illinois State Rifle Association
and Illinois Carry
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Here's something that won't even require $20 and 5 minutes like joining an organization would:

Help WV get Constitutional Carry

Make some calls.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:33:49 PM EDT
[#42]

Thanks man.  

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:36:15 PM EDT
[#43]
I'll bump this to the top
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#44]

*golf clap*
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Read this thread and consider joining a group or two to help fellow gun owners not have to flee their homes and jobs just to enjoy their 2nd Amendment rights.

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:20:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone joined any groups lately?  
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Already NRA Life (working on Endowment), TSRA Life, and CRPA member.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Oregon is facing Bloomberg backed democrats trying to push UBCs and could use some support.

Oregon Firearms Federation
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:02:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Well, I joined OFF.  If nothing else, I'm spending my own money this way.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#50]

Which state needs it the most? IL? NY? I've already puked out a bunch for my own state...I'm in for others.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top