Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why are ther so many sub .500 teams still?

There are 19 teams below .500, including the White Sux (who supposedly won the offseason), the Indians (who SI picked to win the World Series and are damn near out of it already) and the Nats (whom SI picked to win the NL pennant).

I wonder if this is because of all the intra-division so far. The Tigers have been beating up on the central, as have the Royals.i wonder if that is why the results are what they are, because teams are beating up their own divisions and have hardly played outside of their divisions yet.

It's waay too early to give up on the Indians. They have the best rotation in the division, Kluber and Carrasco and key pieces for their pen have been playing like shit to state it plainly. I could see three AL Cental teams making the playoffs. White Sox simply cannot hit for shit. As always, offenses heat up with the weather and peak in August so we'll see.

Don't think so, eh? Gimme Kluber Carrasco and Salazar over any three of anyone else in the division and it's not even really close. It's a long season.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Don't think so, eh? Gimme Kluber Carrasco and Salazar over any three of anyone else in the division and it's not even really close. It's a long season.
View Quote

Over Price, Sanchez and Verlander?

Over Sale, Alphabet and Quintanna?

Over Ventura, Volquez and Duffy?

You're nuts.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:07:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Y'all have probably seen all the gaffes in the last couple of years by the Astros. Here's the new Astros

well crap, the second one isn't showing up. Marisnick climbing Tal's hill. He also had an unassisted double play last night, caught the ball in CF and then ran to first to double up Pooholes.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I laughed so hard at this play yesterday during the cubs game.

Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You're nuts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're nuts.

Yup. Not close.
Projected WAR

eta- it doesn't matter that I'm right. My point is it's still waay too early to count teams out unless they really suck like the Rangers and Phillies.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:47:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I laughed so hard at this play yesterday during the cubs game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Nb2Kmvlns

View Quote

At least he was paying attention. He used to pick dandelions in the outfield
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
LA had a killer game yesterday. Really hope they fix their pitching woes. They have a huge hole in their rotation without Ryu/McCarthy
View Quote

Cueto's name has been thrown around... and i'm sure philly still wants to dump hamels... i know the dodgers don't wanna give up any prospect but looks like they might have to
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Triple play
View Quote

You don't see them very often.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:36:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Triple play

Actually, that one has never been seen ever.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:02:11 AM EDT
[#11]
How about an 8 unassisted double play!

Link Posted: 5/10/2015 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are 19 teams below .500, including the White Sux (who supposedly won the offseason), the Indians (who SI picked to win the World Series and are damn near out of it already) and the Nats (whom SI picked to win the NL pennant).

I wonder if this is because of all the intra-division so far. The Tigers have been beating up on the central, as have the Royals.i wonder if that is why the results are what they are, because teams are beating up their own divisions and have hardly played outside of their divisions yet.

It's waay too early to give up on the Indians. They have the best rotation in the division, Kluber and Carrasco and key pieces for their pen have been playing like shit to state it plainly. I could see three AL Cental teams making the playoffs. White Sox simply cannot hit for shit. As always, offenses heat up with the weather and peak in August so we'll see.

As they say, you can't win the World Series in the first month, but you can lose it.

The Indians just aren't a good team like most people thought.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 2:12:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

As they say, you can't win the World Series in the first month, but you can lose it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know. But I've seen crazy things like the A's ad Rockies winning every single game in September before.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I hate WGN.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How about an 8 unassisted double play!

http://youtu.be/ws6lsJdKils
View Quote

I'm reminded of an OLD Met's game.
This is when Casey Stengel was the manager.
Yeah it was THAT long ago.......And the Mets really were the Mess.
I forget if they were at home or away....As I recall they were playing against the Team that later went into the World Series that year....And with their usual difficult they finally managed to get the 3rd out.

And Everybody but Casey forgot just how many outs there were.  Everybody just stayed at their position.  Hey, he basically said, Just how many outs are they allowed?  I know we stink but come on already!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 1:19:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Wow....the 9th and 10th innings in the KC/Detroit game were gnarly.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 1:19:16 AM EDT
[#17]
double
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

You should be careful about rooting for the Royals over the Tigers. God will punish you.

Last year, Baltimore beat the Tigers in the ALDS. This year Baltimore had riots and the Orioles had to play to an empty stadium and take home games on the road.

Obviously God hates fans of teams that beat the Tigers. May his judgement on KC be swift and merciless.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You should be careful about rooting for the Royals over the Tigers. God will punish you.

Last year, Baltimore beat the Tigers in the ALDS. This year Baltimore had riots and the Orioles had to play to an empty stadium and take home games on the road.

Obviously God hates fans of teams that beat the Tigers. May his judgement on KC be swift and merciless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Royals didn't beat the Tigers last night, the Tigers did.

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 2:44:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your pleas will not be heard. May God punish KC as he did Sodom and Gomorrah.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 2:47:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, we are Chiefs fans. That's punishment enough.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 2:51:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Will the Braves please fire Fredi Gonzalez already.  

Dude shouldn't even be managing coed rec league softball.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Hoo-boy, take a look at just how bad the White Sox have been so far.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-white-sox-position-player-catastrophe/
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL!

Go Tigers.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 7:39:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Kershaw is an embarrassment this year
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hoo-boy, take a look at just how bad the White Sox have been so far.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-white-sox-position-player-catastrophe/
View Quote

Good.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Ok, so maybe Lester isn't a bum.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ok, so maybe Lester isn't a bum.
View Quote

Nah, just not as good as last season.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Syndergaard is here.

Link Posted: 5/12/2015 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#30]
How does MLB take DraftKings.com as an advertiser, incorporate them into MLB Network shows and still keep Pete Rose out of baseball?
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Tigers won, so I clicked on MLBN. holy horseshit! That pitching hat is hysterical!
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Ho
Lee
Fuk

Stanton. FTDrifting tell me you saw that.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:20:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Tigers won, so I clicked on MLBN. holy horseshit! That pitching hat is hysterical!
View Quote

Are you talking about the safety hat that looks like some sort of religious headgear?
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 10:22:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Just want to reiterate that Stanton just hit one OUT of Chavez Ravine.

Bomb
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:54:19 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Ho

Lee

Fuk

Stanton. FTDrifting tell me you saw that.
View Quote
Yeah lol. The Dodgers returned that pretty well though.

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 1:22:58 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Are you talking about the safety hat that looks like some sort of religious headgear?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's like a ring that goes around his regular hat. Like some kind of deal that he velcros over his hat, like a belly band or a fanny pack.

Dumber than Hell.

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 2:02:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's like a ring that goes around his regular hat. Like some kind of deal that he velcros over his hat, like a belly band or a fanny pack.

Dumber than Hell.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dumber than Hell.

Agreed.

Can't comment on the impact resistance (versus the current version), but this looks a hell of a lot better.

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 4:30:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

i think he'll pick it up sooner than later... but still, i've always said Greinke is the better pitcher... i'd trust him way more with a playoff game on the line.. and he's a fucking weirdo, too.

to be fair to kershaw, he is coming off one of the sickest three year stretches in mlb history.. at least since i've been alive.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 7:31:12 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
i think he'll pick it up sooner than later... but still, i've always said Greinke is the better pitcher... i'd trust him way more with a playoff game on the line.. and he's a fucking weirdo, too.

to be fair to kershaw, he is coming off one of the sickest three year stretches in mlb history.. at least since i've been alive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Greinke is a bit peculiar ...

I'm sure Kershaw will pick it up like you said. It's just after last seasons performance you just want to see him continue to crush it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Lookin good.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:19:41 AM EDT
[#41]
rain delay in southern cali wat?
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:28:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Tigers kicked some ass today. 13 runs on 20 hits.

It feels good beating the Twins this year. They were such a PITFA last season.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:48:50 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

rain delay in southern cali wat?
View Quote
Another rain delay for the Dodgers
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:05:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Five in a row!  
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 11:18:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Miggy hit number 399.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 1:51:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Dodgers bullpen sure likes to keep it interesting.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 8:06:15 AM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Miguel Cabrera just hit #400.

All time leader for a Venezuelan player.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 1:49:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Watch a Cubs game with a buddy today and they are looking not too shabby this year. 6 games in a row now for them and their infield is killing it. Addison made an amazing catch against the Pirates today and seems to be doing well for the team along with Bryant. Both seem to be really good additions. I don't pay much mind to the Cubs since my division is NL West but for my friends sake and sanity I wouldn't mind seeing them go post season this year.

ETA: Dodgers can suck a dick tonight.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top