Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:26:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Me too but will be replaced with a Nexx XD1 soon.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Check out Ebay for one of the Outlaw half shells that were DOT approved (and then rescinded by them). They don't give you that mushroom head look the approved ones do. Full face are gay. Fuck DOT and fuck helmet laws.
Flame away, no fucks given. Both motorcycle wrecks I was in were caused by cage drivers.
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m570/highrailjon/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zpsb3533ea9.jpg
View Quote

Don't listen to this guy.  Not in this thread alone either.  Anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ya'll got helmet laws in GA ? That sucks !!! Don't have helmet laws in FL.
View Quote

yup. with predictable results.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Full face helmet or go home.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm an Arai fan - but you have to find what fits your head shape.  I also prefer a wide eye port for better peripheral/side vision.  I use an Arai GP5W - but it is an SA rated helmet, not M.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:34:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Currently wearing a Nolan N102, soon to be replaced with N104.  I have  very round head and the Nolan fits great. They aren't cheap helmets but not the most expensive either.

I always wear the helmet and I ride a Harley.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:35:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Check out Ebay for one of the Outlaw half shells that were DOT approved (and then rescinded by them). They don't give you that mushroom head look the approved ones do. Full face are gay. Fuck DOT and fuck helmet laws.

Flame away, no fucks given. Both motorcycle wrecks I was in were caused by cage drivers.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m570/highrailjon/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zpsb3533ea9.jpg
View Quote
Suit yourself.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

It doesnt matter who is at fault.Once you impact anything, blame is irrelevant anyway. Now it's all about survival. and that stupid beanie is PROVEN, yes, PROVEN to provide less protection and less survivability than full face DOT approved helmets.

You're such a badass though, you should move to a no helmet state, and ride year round. against traffic.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Shoei rf1100. Don't even have a bike. Bought one as a project, rode it once and the motor would take off to max revs. I pulled it in and took the motor off the frame. Helmet gets used when I go -kart racing or anything else where my brain is in danger. Please people understand how the slightest bump on the head can change your life forever. Buddy fell off a gator last year and hit  the back of his head on driveway. Nearly died due to swelling and took months  of rehab. He'll never be 100% back to old personality. You only get one brain. You  best protect it!
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I only wore a full face, crazy not to IMO.  If you want something a little retro, get the Bell Bullitt helmet. It has a wider opening than most full face helmets, 70's styling, and you can use a shield or goggles.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an older HJC full face that I have had for a few years. Its pretty nice and quiet for spending around $150 I'm happy. I would love to buy a newer one but it works so I'll keep it for now.

Revzilla has some great review videos.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#12]
It doesnt matter who is at fault.Once you impact, something, blame is irrelevant anyway. Now it's all about survival. and that stupid beanie is PROVEN, yes, PROVEN to provide less protection and less survivability than full face DOT approved helmets.

You're such a badass though, you should move to a no helmet state, and ride year round. against traffic.
View Quote

Hey, the fella asked for options so I gave him mine. Don't like it? To bad.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m570/highrailjon/tumblr_mf2yjaCCff1raj8mk_zps8037ad4d.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It doesnt matter who is at fault.Once you impact, something, blame is irrelevant anyway. Now it's all about survival. and that stupid beanie is PROVEN, yes, PROVEN to provide less protection and less survivability than full face DOT approved helmets.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m570/highrailjon/tumblr_mf2yjaCCff1raj8mk_zps8037ad4d.gif

It's your brain, you're free to do whatever you want with it. We're also free to point and laugh when you look like Predator because a cager ran a stoplight and your shitty helmet choice didn't do anything to protect you.

But hey, at least you'll look "cool"
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I second this. I would be much uglier than I am now if not for a full face helmet. But OPs choice. Function or style I always go for function.
Either way enjoy the bike OP and remember ride like every other vehicle wants to kill you( Because in a way they are)  and you will be fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As someone who has landed,basically, face first at 80mph my vote will always be full face.

I second this. I would be much uglier than I am now if not for a full face helmet. But OPs choice. Function or style I always go for function.
Either way enjoy the bike OP and remember ride like every other vehicle wants to kill you( Because in a way they are)  and you will be fine.

I think helmet laws are disgusting but I'll never ride anything but full face.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#15]
It's your brain, you're free to do whatever you want with it. We're also free to point and laugh when you look like Predator because a cager ran a stoplight and your shitty helmet choice didn't do anything to protect you.

View Quote

Thanks. I do look cool. Fact is, depending on the speed of the impact and angle of the crash with a vehicle its a roll of the dice on survivability helmet or not. I've been there twice. You?
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

that helmet is *sick* looking!    Love it,  I have been looking at the Arai Dual sport but I will look at the Nexx as well. Wonder if it's round or oval shape?

It's hard to swallow the 500 dollar price though.....  I don't know if they protect from impact any more than my 100 dollar FX-41, sure they are lighter,  but if i was worried about a few lbs, I'd stop eating cheese burgers .

I'll look at that lid though, looks awesome.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#17]
helmets are for homos
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:21:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Thanks. I do look cool. Fact is, depending on the speed of the impact and angle of the crash with a vehicle its a roll of the dice on survivability helmet or not. I've been there twice. You?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

They're your dice to roll.  Believe it or not it's still a mostly free country for people to be retarded and lick as many windows as they want to.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

flame you? nah, though I am going to say thank you on behalf of whoever gets your donated organs after your luck runs out. but what the hell, I'm not gonna tell you different.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:25:50 PM EDT
[#20]
They're your dice to roll. Believe it or not it's still a mostly free country for people to be retarded and lick as many windows as they want to.
View Quote

And you're just as free to lick the inside of your full face helmet as well.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

that helmet is *sick* looking!    Love it,  I have been looking at the Arai Dual sport but I will look at the Nexx as well. Wonder if it's round or oval shape?

It's hard to swallow the 500 dollar price though.....  I don't know if they protect from impact any more than my 100 dollar FX-41, sure they are lighter,  but if i was worried about a few lbs, I'd stop eating cheese burgers .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$380 at FC Moto.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

$380 at FC Moto.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$380 at FC Moto.

Take a peek at the Airoh S5 too,   fits like Aria but just a wee bit larger size for size.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:56:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 10:23:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Woopde do. 2 wrecks, caused by cages.

In 20 + years of racing, unfortunately I managed to break, crack, fracture 6 helmets,

and scuff up many more. Just about every time I wrecked, I would use up a helmet.

Most of the scuffs were at least on the chin bar.

I KNOW that helmets work.

I'm living proof, even though some of those 'get offs'

included concussions and/or broken bones.

Dont wanna believe me, talk to ANYBODY that has road-raced. You will get the same story.

There's photos posted here of used up helmets.

Two kinds of people ride motorcycles -

Those that have crashed, and those that are about to.

I used to get upset about people that dont wear helmets, I gave up on that idea,

they are simply people that haven't need one yet.

Sooner or later they will be introduced to Mr. Darwin.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 10:39:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So you are not planning on crashing  in the mountains,
or at slow speeds.

Guess what, Harleys only know 'slow speed'.

Try this,

Get dressed up in your riding gear, whatever you are gonna wear.
Have your buddy drive you down the street in your pickup,
- all Harley owners have a pickup, right?

Get up to 50 mph. Or, if going slow speed cruising, 30 mph.
- Now jump out. See what gets beat up.

If you still have something to think with,or eat with, when this exercise is done,
You probably had a good helmet.
Now go buy another, 'cause that one is used up.

Or, just put your Harley in the back of said pickup, park it outside the local bar.

You're then GTG. Looking good, hanging out, chillin' with the dudes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, I am getting a Harley. Good god you guys are brutal this afternoon. Why the Hate?  I will probably get a full face for rain days or colder tempts in fall.
Will go open face for rides around the GA Mountains, and any parts that are slow speed cruising. I want more protection that what the typical salad bowl offers
or at slow speeds.

Try this,

If you still have something to think with,or eat with, when this exercise is done,

Or, just put your Harley in the back of said pickup, park it outside the local bar.

Your wife must have run off with a biker.Why the Hate for Harleys? Can you not afford one?
Dude was just asking a simple question and gets ranted at.
Won't see too many lids in our state,btw.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 10:43:52 PM EDT
[#26]
just replaced my last shoei with a new one in matte black, my other bucket is an ARAI, both full face...

Why? because how much is your life worth to you? mines pretty well north of a coupe hundred bucks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 10:49:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

^^ This.  I am 100% full face after seeing a guy with a full face biff it and his chin hit the asphalt first walk away fine. Plus no bees, wasps, pebbles, beetles, rubber, etc. in your face at highway speeds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you want to wear it as a fashion accessory or for protection?

They call them open face helmets because they let the pavement open your face.

Full face and don't cheap out on it.

^^ This.  I am 100% full face after seeing a guy with a full face biff it and his chin hit the asphalt first walk away fine. Plus no bees, wasps, pebbles, beetles, rubber, etc. in your face at highway speeds.

I have a photo if anyone of ya'll wanna see what the street will do to your face at 50 mph with an open face.

Dont worry theres no worry about Hipaa violations with this one, you can barely tell what species he is. I say is because he was alive while we were working on him.

In a just and kind world, he shoudl of been allowed to have been put out of his misery right there on the spot.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
helmets are for homos
View Quote

Only pussies carry a gun.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:04:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
helmets are for homos

lol, really,for me,like most things,I think everyone should have the Choice.
I totally respect anyone choosing to wear a lid,or not. I don't like people who like to force their
point on everyone else.
JMHO

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Your wife must have run off with a biker.Why the Hate for Harleys? Can you not afford one?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, I am getting a Harley. Good god you guys are brutal this afternoon. Why the Hate?  I will probably get a full face for rain days or colder tempts in fall.

Will go open face for rides around the GA Mountains, and any parts that are slow speed cruising. I want more protection that what the typical salad bowl offers

or at slow speeds.

Try this,

They dont go, they dont stop, and they dont go round corners.

And they vibrate so much, the mufflers seem to keep falling off.

I dont have a pick-up to put it in, so I cannot have a Harley, even if I wanted one,

which I dont.
And yes, I cannot afford one either.

But the biggest problem I have with Harleys, is the assholes that ride most of them.

Not including the Harley owners here, of course.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:11:34 PM EDT
[#31]
I looked at those type helmets and wasn't impressed. Probably do better than a brain bucket if you hit face first.

In arfcom fashion I have both. wear my plain-jane Bell brain bucket helmet around town, full face for extended highway trips. If pressed for an answer I'd say go full face, but to each their own. I got a split chin and knocked out for 30+ mins wearing a full face on a dirt bike. Was at sand mountain Nev hitting jumps at night. I don't remember much, just waking up and reaching over to feel the bike. I had been riding a good 20min or so and the bike engine was ice cold. Split my chin to the bone and still have the scar to prove it. Was wearing a full face motocross helmet too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:16:51 PM EDT
[#32]
I have an Nolan N43E.  This is the newer N44 model.

For people that can't make up their mind on what type helmet to wear.

TYCOM
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
But the biggest problem I have with Harleys, is the assholes that ride most of them.

View Quote

Asshole club members aren't restricted to HD riders. Plenty of sport bike douch bags fill the ranks too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:25:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Asshole club members aren't restricted to HD riders. Plenty of sport bike douch bags fill the ranks too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:35:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I totally respect anyone choosing to wear a lid,or not. I don't like people who like to force their
point on everyone else.
JMHO

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
helmets are for homos

point on everyone else.
JMHO

Your logic is flawed,  nobody here is telling you that you must wear a helmet,  they are just saying you  might not be too bright if you decide to not utilize one.  It's the same argument they are making about carrying a gun.

Strangely the issues are damn near parallel.    Either you might not EVER need but if you do.....

Fell free to continue to ride without if you would like,   I don't really give a shit if you become hurt and a fat ugly smelly old nurse has to dig the cheese out of your dick because you can't.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm a Harley rider, but not your typical one.

In cold weather, I wear a full-face Shoei helmet.

In warm weather, I wear a full-face Shoei helmet.

In really hot weather, I wear a full-face Shoei helmet.

Get a Shoei (if your skull circumference is oval-ish) or an Arai (if your skull circumference is round-ish), but get a full-face helmet.

This is not the area where you want to cut corners to save a few bucks, or trade safety for fashion.
View Quote

Actually, yes Shoei does have an intermediate-oval shape for pretty much all of their helmets. Their different helmets just have different features and are designed for different riding styles. Arai makes all of their helmets the same for the most part, but their different models offer different head shapes. The RX-Q is their rounder fit, the Signet-Q is more oval like and gives your forehead more room if an RXQ is tight there, the Vector 2 is really round.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:40:52 PM EDT
[#37]
I have to second the full face with shield down. It is all fun add games until your brain bucket makes contact with the asphalt at speed, or worse your face.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:45:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

point on everyone else.
JMHO

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
helmets are for homos

point on everyone else.
JMHO

I agree with this. The one thing that makes me question not having a helmet law though is imagine if you are driving a car and you get in an accident with a motorcycle. Whether it's your fault, theirs, or nobodies. And that motorcyclist dies because he doesn't have a helmet on. Then you are stuck with the responsibility of that. So I support everyone having a choice of whether they want to wear one or not, but that scenario always makes me question it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:59:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Personally I think that the quality for Bell is pretty low. I have a Bell revolver and am dissappointed with it.  I like Ari, Shoei, AGV. I prefer the full face flip face helmets. The picture of the helmet the op posted, to me that is a novelty helmet.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:07:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I agree with this. The one thing that makes me question not having a helmet law though is imagine if you are driving a car and you get in an accident with a motorcycle. Whether it's your fault, theirs, or nobodies. And that motorcyclist dies because he doesn't have a helmet on. Then you are stuck with the responsibility of that. So I support everyone having a choice of whether they want to wear one or not, but that scenario always makes me question it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
helmets are for homos

point on everyone else.
JMHO

Yes,but the rider knew the risk.What if the cager died because of not wearing the seat belt?
The debate can be endless and tragedies will always occur.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:26:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Personally I think that the quality for Bell is pretty low. I have a Bell revolver and am dissappointed with it.  I like Ari, Shoei, AGV. I prefer the full face flip face helmets. The picture of the helmet the op posted, to me that is a novelty helmet.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:57:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some questions:

How many pairs of chaps do you own?
Do you rev your engine at stop lights?
Have you ever been mistaken for a member of the Village People?
What percentage of the time do you trailer your bike?

Be honest now.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:45:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Some questions:

Be honest now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some questions:

Be honest now.

be careful, he'll dare you to come say it to his face when he has 200 like minded people around.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#44]
I don't ride anymore, but when I did, I wore a Nolan with the flip up chin bar. It was just super convienient.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Get a Shoei (if your skull circumference is oval-ish) or an Arai (if your skull circumference is round-ish), but get a full-face helmet.

View Quote

First REAL info I've found in this thread.

kibitzers may continue now...

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's retarded.

I'm alive because of a helmet. You lucked out twice and aren't one ounce smarter for it.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Some of the comments here...

I don't agree with helmet laws.  People should retain the right to play stupid games if they want to.  I wish they wouldn't, but I see it all the time. There's no helmet law in my state and I'm glad that there isn't.

Helmets are for homos, huh? Well, OK then.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Some of the comments here...

I don't agree with helmet laws.  People should retain the right to play stupid games if they want to.  I wish they wouldn't, but I see it all the time. There's no helmet law in my state and I'm glad that there isn't.

Helmets are for homos, huh? Well, OK then.
View Quote

It's a pretty typical attitude from the Harley crowd.
South Park did an amazing episode on this subject
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:09:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Full face helmet and full gear all the time for me. I dress for the slide, not the ride. I'm probably the most un-cool Harley riders around but I'm probably also one of the smartest.

ETA: To remove non-functioning video
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top