WTF is an ammo fee?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Palmetto State is seeing the light.  Needs to come down another $75 though.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/428/

AND

My Wal-Mart has Perfecta and ZQ1 7.62 x 51 at $6.94 for a box of 20.  Has anyone chrono'd or did a 100 yard test on these yet?

Here's the receipt, doubter.  Better get in your mom's car and get going.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/semiautots/_U6A9983_zpsiotbo7vn.jpg

WTF is an ammo fee?

... about 10¢ a box
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It is a tax of 10c per unit of ammo.  Box or case.  It is how Tennessee funds the State Wildlife Agency.  Tennessee does not have an income tax.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AND

My Wal-Mart has Perfecta and ZQ1 7.62 x 51 at $6.94 for a box of 20.  Has anyone chrono'd or did a 100 yard test on these yet?

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/semiautots/_U6A9983_zpsiotbo7vn.jpg

WTF is an ammo fee?

It is a tax of 10c per unit of ammo.  Box or case.  It is how Tennessee funds the State Wildlife Agency.  Tennessee does not have an income tax.

Interesting.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/semiautots/_U6A9983_zpsiku9k3r8.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AND

What is the ammo fee for?

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:12:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AND

It funds reading programs for people too ignorant to realize the answer has been posted numerous times already.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Some of the stores down here are selling 55 grain Perfecta 5.56 at $8.94 for a box of 50.  19 cents a round after tax.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Some of the stores down here are selling 55 grain Perfecta 5.56 at $8.94 for a box of 50.  19 cents a round after tax.
View Quote

Damn it man, stop it already!  I'm going broke here!
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's got to be a typo.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's got to be a typo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's got to be a typo.

It's not.  Someone posted their receipt in another thread.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's got to be a typo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's got to be a typo.

I don't think it is.  A guy posted a picture of his receipt in another thread this afternoon clearly showing that price.   Its only that price in some random scattering of stores though, much like the $6.97 boxes of .308 .   I feel a road trip coming on....

Damn, beat by a minute.  I type slow...  
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't think it is.  A guy posted a picture of his receipt in another thread this afternoon clearly showing that price.   Its only that price in some random scattering of stores though, much like the $6.97 boxes of .308 .   I feel a road trip coming on....

View Quote

Would it really be worth it though? If the store has a 3 box limit on all ammo the most you could get would be 90 rounds of 5.56 or 60 rounds of .308 and if the store has no limit then it's probably going to already be cleaned out by the time you get there.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Would it really be worth it though? If the store has a 3 box limit on all ammo the most you could get would be 90 rounds of 5.56 or 60 rounds of .308 and if the store has no limit then it's probably going to already be cleaned out by the time you get there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't seen any with a limit on anything other than .22LR around here.  The nearest store (to me) that's selling the .308 for $6.97/box is @ 30 minutes away and I ran up there Saturday and bought 20 boxes, so it was definitely worth the trip.  I was so happy to be getting such a deal on the .308 that I didn't even think to see what other good deals they had.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:57:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I haven't seen any with a limit on anything other than .22LR around here.  The nearest store (to me) that's selling the .308 for $6.97/box is @ 30 minutes away and I ran up there Saturday and bought 20 boxes, so it was definitely worth the trip.  I was so happy to be getting such a deal on the .308 that I didn't even think to see what other good deals they had.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, 30 minutes isn't bad.  When you said "road trip" I thought it'd be at least an hour one way.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Oh, 30 minutes isn't bad.  When you said "road trip" I thought it'd be at least an hour one way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, not bad at all.  I just wish I'd thought to look and see what other stuff they had cheaper than my local store.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 2:51:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Reading here it seems a lot of you guys are the ones who fill your car up when the display says 5 miles remaining.

If you can't go shooting because Wal-Mart is bare, you're doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Reading here it seems a lot of you guys are the ones who fill your car up when the display says 5 miles remaining.

If you can't go shooting because Wal-Mart is bare, you're doing it wrong.
View Quote

Pffft. I'll have you know that my mom ALWAYS keeps her car full of gas, and I get to borrow it once a week...  
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:03:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 12:09:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Picked up another 10 boxes of the 7.62 for 7.95 a box last night . no 556 in sight
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

List doesn't seem to be correct.

I've been to 3 of the ones by me on that list, but none have it in stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of the stores here in middle TN have this price.

Here is a list of all the Walmart stores showing 7.62 in stock along with the price.  A bunch of stores have it for $6.94.

http://arfcomammo.azurewebsites.net/walmart_zqi_762_20round.html

List doesn't seem to be correct.

I've been to 3 of the ones by me on that list, but none have it in stock.

That report is several days old by now.  That, plus the fact that WalMart inventory is notoriously incorrect for certain stores is probably why you can't find any.  When SWIRE was running regular nightly reports, the best way I found to see what's in stock was to watch a couple specific stores and see if the "in stock" status changed from time to time.  One store by me was constantly showing "in stock" but never had anything, so that store got written off (in my mind, at least) as one with inventory problems.

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#19]
My WalMart finally got a case of the 55 grain Perfecta 5.56 in today.  19 cents a round after tax, and the cases are annealed.  

Don't know how long this is going to last, but I hope for a while.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

My WalMart finally got a case of the 55 grain Perfecta 5.56 in today.  19 cents a round after tax, and the cases are annealed.  

View Quote

Do you have the UPC for that?
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#21]

This is awesome.  I'm up 126 boxes of 308, at just under $7/box.

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll run buy one after work this afternoon just to get the UPC code if you promise to start running reports for us.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:14:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Here is a list of all the Walmart stores showing 7.62 in stock along with the price.  A bunch of stores have it for $6.94.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you do this magic that you have done???
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Swire, the UPC on the bottom is 1495001304.

Hope that helps!
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Swire - can we get an updated inventory list of ZQI 7.62?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:36:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well according to some others on this site I am a technology idiot that has no clue about programming.  Funny that I don't see their Walmart ammo apps anywhere though or any other apps of theirs.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 3:06:33 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Thanks!
View Quote

ZQI 7.62 has been updated as of 3am.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:17:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Well according to some others on this site I am a technology idiot that has no clue about programming.  Funny that I don't see their Walmart ammo apps anywhere though or any other apps of theirs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to guess that you might be referring to those who bitch because your list isn't always correct?  If that's the case, maybe they need to take a course in inventory management.  Your lists can only be as good as the stores' inventories, and I for one do appreciate your hard work.  Thank you!

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:25:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Thanks still 9.97 here

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I'm going to guess that you might be referring to those who bitch because your list isn't always correct?  If that's the case, maybe they need to take a course in inventory management.  Your lists can only be as good as the stores' inventories, and I for one do appreciate your hard work.  Thank you!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It actually goes back to a thread I started a couple years ago.  I wrote a program that connected my DSLR camera, GPS, laptop, and database so that I could run it on my boat and map the shoreline of a lake.  Everything worked fine with my equipment.  I then rented a higher quality camera for the actual live run but the camera threw errors, corrupted files, and would freeze up.  Several people here said my code was crap, even though they never saw the code, and basically said I was an idiot that knew nothing about programming.  

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It actually goes back to a thread I started a couple years ago.  I wrote a program that connected my DSLR camera, GPS, laptop, and database so that I could run it on my boat and map the shoreline of a lake.  Everything worked fine with my equipment.  I then rented a higher quality camera for the actual live run but the camera threw errors, corrupted files, and would freeze up.  Several people here said my code was crap, even though they never saw the code, and basically said I was an idiot that knew nothing about programming.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha.  Thanks to your efforts I have a road trip planned for tomorrow morning.  Looks like I can hit about 6 different stores on the "cheap" .223 list...  
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#32]
One thousand rounds of .223 bought this morning.

One thousand rounds of 9mm bought this morning.

How much?

$350 for it all.

I'm in the early 1990's once again.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Picked up 101 boxes 9mm yesterday and 103 boxes 308 plus a Walmart discount on top ,

I could get another k of 308 and a few k of 45acp lol
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#34]
The correct price is $9.97 per box.  Someone screwed up in the chain.

Quoted:

In before Wal-mart realizes they screwed up the price. It's probably supposed to be $16.94.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AND

For the Doubter

In before Wal-mart realizes they screwed up the price. It's probably supposed to be $16.94.

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Gotcha.  Thanks to your efforts I have a road trip planned for tomorrow morning.  Looks like I can hit about 6 different stores on the "cheap" .223 list...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I recommend this to optimize your road trip: http://www.drivingrouteplanner.com/
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There are 2 UPCs for Perfecta 9mm.  There are 48 stores that have 0081495001300 for $6.94 and 34 stores have 0081495001302 for $8.94. Again they are mostly in AZ, NM, PA, and TN.
View Quote

Does anyone know how many rounds are in each?

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:49:03 AM EDT
[#37]
I can find info and porn on the internet.  This little ammo app, is voodoo to me, but I dig it.  If I lived in a state where Wally sold ammo, I'd buy that app for a couple bucks.  It would be like FuelBuddy.  I could wake up everyday, hit the search button, and find the deals in 1 click.  You're on to something. Thanks.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Sucks that my corner of the state isnt getting the $6.94 deal but glad some folks are. I still bought some at the $9.97 rate. Got a new Model 700 tactical and its gotta eat something.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1. Thanks.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are 2 UPCs for Perfecta 9mm.  There are 48 stores that have 0081495001300 for $6.94 and 34 stores have 0081495001302 for $8.94. Again they are mostly in AZ, NM, PA, and TN.

I don't know the answer to that but I'm hoping that someone chimes in with the answer.  My local stores have those same two UPCs for $10.97 and $16.97 respectively but I haven't been by there to see what the difference actually is.  I wonder if it's round nose vs. hollow point or something like that...???
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Not one store in FL.

What have we done to deserve this?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Sucks that my corner of the state isnt getting the $6.94 deal but glad some folks are. I still bought some at the $9.97 rate. Got a new Model 700 tactical and its gotta eat something.
View Quote

Not sure how your tactical will run on ZQI.  
Mine is probably better than 1/2" MOA on Federal Gold Match.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:01:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn...so you actually have to walk around Walmart with your DSLR, laptop, and GPS to map ammo prices? Just kidding man, like the others said though, thanks for the app - you rock!
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:02:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't know the answer to that but I'm hoping that someone chimes in with the answer.  My local stores have those same two UPCs for $10.97 and $16.97 respectively but I haven't been by there to see what the difference actually is.  I wonder if it's round nose vs. hollow point or something like that...???
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The same prices here.

I assume the $10.97 is 50 rounds of FMJ, but I have no idea what the $16.97 version is.

I thought perhaps it was a 100 round bulk pack, but SWIRE said some stores were selling it for $8.94.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The same prices here.

I assume the $10.97 is 50 rounds of FMJ, but I have no idea what the $16.97 version is.

I thought perhaps it was a 100 round bulk pack, but SWIRE said some stores were selling it for $8.94.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The same prices here.

I can verify that you're correct about that.  Bought a couple boxes the other day before the other stuff was in stock.  I might run over there today and see what the other UPC is just for shits and giggles.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I can verify that you're correct about that.  Bought a couple boxes the other day before the other stuff was in stock.  I might run over there today and see what the other UPC is just for shits and giggles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The same prices here.

If you do please report back.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Sucks the closest store to me with those good prices is a 3.5 hour drive.  Not worth it unless I bought like 2 cases worth.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:58:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AND

holy hell....that is a lot of fees and taxes.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:49:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The same prices here.

I think it might be 50 rounds of .40 S&W.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:52:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Everything Perfecta is in 50 round boxes, except for the 308, which is in 20 round boxes.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top