BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 1:38:07 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No--that's just an end-around for a name change.  The site doesn't allow name changes, save for the rarest of situations.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just out of curiosity, would a request to kill a standing account to make a new one be OK?  

No--that's just an end-around for a name change.  The site doesn't allow name changes, save for the rarest of situations.  
Understood.  I just assumed that most wouldn't want to kill their post count for a name change.  More like a member wanting to start a new vendor account while killing any accusations/temptations of a schill account, or a similar situation.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 1:39:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Try it let us know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw the thread... didn't NorCal say he wasn't a retread per se? ?

Yes, technically he was not.  Long ago the site didn't care about multiple accounts.  Staff and mods were officially encouraged to have a second account in order to argue and insult members (in the days before we had a real Conduct Code forbidding such things) and not appear to have a conflict of interest when later taking moderating actions.  That obviously became unworkable as the site grew and rules had to be imposed.  Most of us (AFAIK) didn't have, or bother to use, a second account anyway.

Long ago a major site advertiser got caught using a second account to shill for his company.  He would troll other competing company's threads and extoll the greatness of his company in the various technical areas of the site.  Once the SHTF over that deal Sr. Staff (EdAvilaSr) laid down the law on staff/mods second accounts (as in, YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO COME CLEAN ON THEM!!--most here know about Ed Sr.'s big red letters) and then a formal announcement was made that members would no longer be allowed to have multiple accounts, and anyone doing so would be locked.

Nationwide, after some "issues" (mentioned above) abandoned his original account and created the Zaminsky account and began using it.  He did it before it was forbidden, and didn't use the nationwide account (which was never banned), so technically he wasn't a retread and also had broken no rule.  

Until he posted using both accounts in the same thread on March 6, 2015.  Everyone knows that is good for a ban, so he got it once it was discovered.  Here's the posts:

The Zaminsky post.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand, here's the Nationwide post.

Finding this took brilliant detective work by NorCal_LEO, and special mention to Raptor22 for finding the posts linked just above.  
Just out of curiosity, would a request to kill a standing account to make a new one be OK?  

Try it let us know.
I just asked site staff.  He let us all know.

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 1:42:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Good one!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He'll be back

But in what form?

A large and moving Torg?  A giant Slor?

Good one!

He really was just the stay-puft marshmallow man.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 1:45:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Damnit, glad it was you who beat me!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did he go to that Great Apartment Parking Lot in the Sky?

Looks like several shit stains hit the magic twanger today.  I was going to ask for a list and already 103 posts on this one.  Good job.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 1:47:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'd like to come clean and admit that my other account is DK-Prof.  Go ahead and lock it down and I'll just keep this one.

View Quote

From an almost-mod, that is pretty funny, almost.

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 2:02:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Holy shit, took me this long to figure out what his avatar was from. Always thought it looked familiar, but didn't give enough thought to it.

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 2:03:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I can't say I remember Nationwide, but if he was half the ass that Zaminsky was, piss on his snowy boots too.

View Quote

He was good on some things way back when but could be outspoken on things to the point I finally decided he was mostly an ass-hole most of the time, but had redeeming moments.  Then he crashed and burned on the TXSG issue.  I know some guys in the CA equivalent  and had one of their "recruiters" try to talk me into joining, "veteran to veteran"  some of the same points he was making, he also finally admitted he didn't have a DD-214 or Military ID card.  Finally asked to see his DD form 2 (ID card)  "umm we aren't allowed to carry them off-duty for security reasons,""  Pa Danby, "Oh that's interesting, here's mine."

So he lost any credibility.  And now he is/was Zaminsky and both are gone.  Damn, I might just hoist a lime seltzer in memorial.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 2:08:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'd like to come clean and admit that my other account is DK-Prof.  Go ahead and lock it down and I'll just keep this one.

View Quote

And I'm going to take him out of my will.  I was going to leave him my Danish garand.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 2:46:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He'll be back

But in what form?

Many Shuvs and Zuuls will know what it is to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:07:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Zero fucks given.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:16:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Understood.  I just assumed that most wouldn't want to kill their post count for a name change.  More like a member wanting to start a new vendor account while killing any accusations/temptations of a schill account, or a similar situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Other staff members have answered that question completely the opposite...
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:27:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So how did Andarisk suddenly become Lomshek? Is that a lifer privilege?
View Quote

Que?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:34:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Que?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Que?

Indeed.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:43:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Even now he looks down from Skymall, small dick hard with the anticipation of one last burst of attention
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:49:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:10:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Indeed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Que?

Indeed.

It's happened before. Wshifflet became Shiff after he attempted to play games with a site sponsor in the EE.

ETA: TL/DR go to the last page and read Dog1's post - http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_109/1028260_A_little_bothered_by_response_from_a_vendor__Thoughts____Cats_outta_the_bag_on_page_5__.html&page=8
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:30:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's happened before. Wshifflet became Shiff after he attempted to play games with a site sponsor in the EE.

ETA: TL/DR go to the last page and read Dog1's post - http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_109/1028260_A_little_bothered_by_response_from_a_vendor__Thoughts____Cats_outta_the_bag_on_page_5__.html&page=8
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Que?

Indeed.

Yeah I've seen it just didn't know who andarisk is.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:45:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 6:31:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There it is, right there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Zero fucks given.

There it is, right there.

boom..................
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 6:48:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Damnit. I liked seeing the havoc that Zaminsky's threads brought upon us.

You think his account suicide was intentional?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 7:02:48 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm going to go drink a root beer in the truck.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 7:06:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Que?

Indeed.

There was another one years ago, M4-somethingorother. Real prick, had his name changed. Not sure about the story on how or why.

Anyhoo, at that time at least, an Archive search would turn up both the old and new names in search results for replies by the old name, for instance. Handy feature, that.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 7:14:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Some kids are going to catch hell tonight for drinking beer on their apartment patio.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#24]
what happened to him?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:15:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
what happened to him?
View Quote

Seriously?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:20:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm such a dumbass.
I can never figure it out when someone is a familiar.
View Quote

Maybe Norcal can whip up a screenshot or two and a cheat sheet for you on his technique
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

He will be back.

I'm such a dumbass. I can never figure it out when someone is a familiar.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He isn't gone!

He will be back.

I'm such a dumbass. I can never figure it out when someone is a familiar.

They always come back
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:30:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yes, technically he was not.  Long ago the site didn't care about multiple accounts.  Staff and mods were officially encouraged to have a second account in order to argue and insult members (in the days before we had a real Conduct Code forbidding such things) and not appear to have a conflict of interest when later taking moderating actions.  That obviously became unworkable as the site grew and rules had to be imposed.  Most of us (AFAIK) didn't have, or bother to use, a second account anyway.

Long ago a major site advertiser got caught using a second account to shill for his company.  He would troll other competing company's threads and extoll the greatness of his company in the various technical areas of the site.  Once the SHTF over that deal Sr. Staff (EdAvilaSr) laid down the law on staff/mods second accounts (as in, YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO COME CLEAN ON THEM!!--most here know about Ed Sr.'s big red letters) and then a formal announcement was made that members would no longer be allowed to have multiple accounts, and anyone doing so would be locked.

Nationwide, after some "issues" (mentioned above) abandoned his original account and created the Zaminsky account and began using it.  He did it before it was forbidden, and didn't use the nationwide account (which was never banned), so technically he wasn't a retread and also had broken no rule.  

Until he posted using both accounts in the same thread on March 6, 2015.  Everyone knows that is good for a ban, so he got it once it was discovered.  Here's the posts:

The Zaminsky post.

Finding this took brilliant detective work by NorCal_LEO, and special mention to Raptor22 for finding the posts linked just above.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Zaminsky post.

Wow, he apparently didn't go behind 7 proxies for his nationwide account... that's some kind of linking! There's gotta be some kind of IP address watcher helping out LOL
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:41:56 AM EDT
[#30]
You can run.......but eventually, NorCal_LEO will find you. Unless you have Swedish fish, then he'll just look the other way.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:42:37 AM EDT
[#31]
im gonna celebrate by drinking a beer in my truck in my driveway after work. fuck that shitstain
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:48:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Does anyone know where he actually lived / worked?

Because if we do know, I'll buy the beef and beer for the party.. Just point me to the correct lot..
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Looks like several shit stains hit the magic twanger today.  I was going to ask for a list and already 103 posts on this one.  Good job.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did he go to that Great Apartment Parking Lot in the Sky?

What?  No dibs?

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:19:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#35]
I typically try not to take very many people on here seriously because "oh noes its the internetz"

But he was consistently on my "fuck that guy list"

BYE FELICIA

" />

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Que?

Indeed.

Who the hell is Lomshek?
Changed username? NEVER! IMPOSSIBLE!

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The Zaminsky post.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Zaminsky post.

Ironic post is ironic.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:21:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
im gonna celebrate by drinking a beer in my truck in my driveway after work. fuck that shitstain
View Quote

Well if I was still drinking. I'd have to have a couple on this good news!
But since I don't this will have to do.

BY ZAMINSKI, not going to miss you!
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#40]
1 yr tops and he will be back..
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#41]
I have met Nationwide and Zaminsky in real life.

They are not the same person.

So, how and when did Zaminsky get control of Nationwides's account?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:32:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:34:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who cares?!?!

The good news is that skidmark sniffer is GONE...
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

same way he got your's... ?

Familiar passwords are weak...
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:46:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

How do you know Nationwide isnt using Zaminskys account?

Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:47:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:47:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Open Carry Texas lost a vocal advocate.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#48]
I met Zaminksy/Nationwide at Gunstock.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

The irony was that he didn't OC.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top