Page / 4
Posted: 3/4/2015 8:47:39 AM EDT

The city solicitor says he's tried everything to get sanitation
workers to stop coming to communities before 7 a.m. He says he’s tried
fining the companies they work for, but it doesn't work; so now he's
decided to haul them off to jail.

"The solicitor said it's
automatic jail time. He didn't want to hear nothing I had to say. I said
it's my first time,” sanitation worker Kevin McGill.  

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/sanitation-worker-sent-jail-picking-too-early/nkNGB/

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#1]
30 days seems a bit much but if they tried asking, telling, and then fining and they kept doing it what other option did they have?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:53:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:53:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Killdozer..

mine pick up at 0610.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:54:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm typically going to bed around the time the garbage truck rolls by.  I have no problem passing out with them right out front.

WM runs all night around here for the commercial pickups.  It doesn't bother me any.  Some people just suck at sleeping.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#5]
This is a joke right? RIGGGHHHHTTT?!?!?!?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:55:21 AM EDT
[#6]
30 days??? Sounds like complete garbage.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:57:54 AM EDT
[#7]
5.00am here pick up day.   What a bunch of pansy asses.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The city solicitor says he's tried everything to get sanitation workers to stop coming to communities before 7 a.m. He says he’s tried fining the companies they work for, but it doesn't work; so now he's decided to haul them off to jail.

"The solicitor said it's automatic jail time. He didn't want to hear nothing I had to say. I said it's my first time,” sanitation worker Kevin McGill.  
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/sanitation-worker-sent-jail-picking-too-early/nkNGB/
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/5a/c5/5f/5ac55f4ec612fc00d886b32893d2c3fa.jpg
View Quote

Good.

They do a retirement home near my house and slam several dumpsters at all hours. They keep getting warnings, but continue to do whatever the fuck they want.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:04:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good.

They do a retirement home near my house and slam several dumpsters at all hours. They keep getting warnings, but continue to do whatever the fuck they want.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The city solicitor says he's tried everything to get sanitation workers to stop coming to communities before 7 a.m. He says he’s tried fining the companies they work for, but it doesn't work; so now he's decided to haul them off to jail.

"The solicitor said it's automatic jail time. He didn't want to hear nothing I had to say. I said it's my first time,” sanitation worker Kevin McGill.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/5a/c5/5f/5ac55f4ec612fc00d886b32893d2c3fa.jpg

Good.

Jail time is a bit much, but I guess as long as your tender ears aren't bothered it's ok.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Ask, Tell, Make.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Fascinating ----------------------- This was so stupid I figured it had to be in Calif...

Surprise...!!!

That said I have to give a MASSIVE shout-out to the dude who picks up our trash.

He comes at 4:20AM on Tuesday with-out fail and has done so for the past 20yr's.

We also tip him heavily at Christmas because he is so reliable and he picks up the massive amount of shit I leave him every week...!

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:08:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe let garbage pile up for weeks.  There's a reason they go out early - so they don't have to dodge traffic, and maneuver between parked cars   Now it will take them much longer, and their expenses (labor and fuel) will go up, plus maybe accidents.  Prepare to pay more.  From the helping hand of government knowitalls.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:11:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Why is it a problem to pick up trash before 7 "?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:12:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
30 days seems a bit much but if they tried asking, telling, and then fining and they kept doing it what other option did they have?
View Quote

this.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:14:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Lolwut
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:14:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Jail time is a bit much, but I guess as long as your tender ears aren't bothered it's ok.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.

did you read the article? they had tried everything else.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:14:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.

Your sleep isn't worth a mans freedom.....
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.

3am is not the appropriate time to be doing trash pickup in a residential area.

ETA If my neighbors call in a noise complaint on me, I'm going to get a warning, then a ticket, and I would imagine at some point if the behavior didn't stop I could face jail time.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:21:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Wonder how many people DONT work that he picks trash up for....

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:23:18 AM EDT
[#22]
The solution is to fire them as a "customer".  Let them get their trash to the landfill.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:24:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:26:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'll bet they didn't try to revoke their permit to do business there. Which is what they should have done if the company didn't comply after being fined.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll bet they didn't try to revoke their permit to do business there. Which is what they should have done if the company didn't comply after being fined.

Get your common sense out here
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:29:58 AM EDT
[#25]
How was this not a story from New York?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:34:04 AM EDT
[#26]
He went to court while facing charges WITHOUT a lawyer.

If the state is charging you, ALWAYS get legal representation.  Remember, all lawyers suck, except my lawyer, he's awesome!
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Fuck it that trash company should stop picking up their trash.

Are trash man shows up between 5am and 10am and no fucks are given we put are trash out the night before.

The only issue we ever had was with them smashing that nasty shit on are street and letting all that trash juice run out on the ground. That pissed us right off.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point.  However, they are probably under contract.   Plus, that would punish everybody, even the non guilty parties.    I'm guessing that the jail time will be a one time deal.  

It's not something I'd complain about, and it seems harsh,  but if they are breaking the law then sometimes an example has to be made to get the point across.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"He says he’s tried fining the companies they work for, but it doesn't work; so now he's decided to haul them off to jail."

Evidently they fined and warned the companies.  Not the garbagemen.  

If they wanted to send someone to jail, it should have been the owner of the garbage company.  Not some guy working on a garbage truck.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Did anybody notice that they said that they get 911 calls if the trash is picked up before 7?  Why don't they fine the people calling 911 for misusing the 911 system???
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Who the hell wants to be stuck behind a garbage truck at 7am when most people are trying to get to work, kids waiting for a bus? My garbage is picked up at 5am every Tuesday and Friday.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:37:05 AM EDT
[#32]
The people in charge of the company were too important to jail?

Right, go after their uncontrollable early bird employees.... The ones who work cheep. Too cheep to afford lawyers.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:37:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.

You've never had a sinister trashman.  There was one when I was in college that would literally slam the dumpster on the ground 20-30 times on the bin closest to the apartment building, with a shit eating grin on his face.  I'd get up sometimes and go watch.  The look of pleasure on the guy's face was creepy.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#34]
From what I understand they have a set schedule, if they don't meet the time frames, get their route done and back to the yard, they will be in trouble, it is why they are always in a hurry speeding around etc....  Likely those guys were just trying to get a jump start in order to meet the demand of their schedule.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#35]
"pick up that....oh wait"
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#36]
The whiny bitches should live in their own filth for the duration of the garbage mans incarceration.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Right, go after their uncontrollable early bird employees.... The ones who work cheep. Too cheep to afford lawyers.
View Quote

Yeah, unless you show me where that dude draws up the route and executes it sounds to me like arresting the secretary because the tampered books are stored in her filing cabinet.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Ummmm...the driver's boss tells them when their schedule starts.  Doubt the employee even knew there was a problem.  False imprisonment, IMO.  Only ones responsible for the pickup times are the bosses.

As for 911 'lighting up', I'd like to see the proof of that and, where the callers were warned about frivolous usage...and, dealt with when they didn't stop it.

Solicitor is a dumbass.  

Tell the residents to call the business, enough complaints; they'll take action if they want to stay in business.  Or, if available, give the residents the competitors number who will abide by the 7-7.  If no competitor available, solicit one.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
From what I understand they have a set schedule, if they don't meet the time frames, get their route done and back to the yard, they will be in trouble, it is why they are always in a hurry speeding around etc....  Likely those guys were just trying to get a jump start in order to meet the demand of their schedule.
View Quote

That's a good possibility, as well.  Which would still fall on the employer, not the employee.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:47:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Every company in that area should only pick up trash for that community from 5-6:30 AM
Let their trash pile up.
If you want our service it will be between 5-6:30 AM take it or leave it whiners.
My trash gets picked up at 6 AM and I'm glad they come.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Hmmm, big city problems.  Theres no trash service where I live.  I haul all my own trash to the dump every month.  Trash shed FTW!!  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:54:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Ahhh.... the south.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:55:18 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote
That's my reaction. Fuck them; you know that driver was just doing what his employer told him to. Jail the damn company officers if you are going to jail anyone.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Now they can block the road and pick up the trash while their kids are getting on the school bus. Even better, during rush hour.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:00:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Ahhh.... the south.
View Quote

BIG CITY South.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Who in the Blue Fuck calls 911 because the garbageman is working? If you don't like it, don't put your trash out before 7 am.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

"pick up that....oh wait"
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Fuck that.

I'd like to know if the drivers knew about the city's policy, or if the company didn't pass along that information to the drivers.

Also, what kind of whiny little bitch calls 911 about a fucking garbage truck?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:17:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Let me make sure I get this right...

David Patraeus gives away classified info to his mistress, no jail time.

Some poor dude is doing what his boss tells him.  He interrupts someone's beauty sleep while trying to make a living and he gets jail time.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top