Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 3/3/2015 12:01:50 PM EDT
White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest is defending a proposal by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms to ban AR-15 ammunition. Earnest calls it a “common sense” approach.

“This seems to be an area where everyone should agree, that if there are armor piercing bullets available that can fit into easily concealed weapons, that it puts our law enforcement at considerable more risk,” Earnest explained when questioned about the ban by White House reporter Fred Lucas.

The proposed “framework” would ban the 5.56-millimeter “M855 green tip” rifle bullet to prevent the ammunition from being used in handguns.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/02/white-house-defends-common-sense-ar-15-ammunition-ban-everyone-should-agree/

Common sense.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Josh, Fuck you
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
They need to start using a new word when they are fucking us. Anytime I hear common sense my butthole clinches.
It's Pavlovian at this point.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:04:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I think everyone agrees on this one, just not with them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Let's all have a stiff drink once this asshole leaves office.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:05:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Idiots, one and all

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:06:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Doesn't the law on armor piercing ammo specifically state that it applies to handgun ammo only?  ANY rifle round is going straight through soft body armor
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

"...easily concealed weapons..."
View Quote
Since when is an AR pistol easily concealed?

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:06:59 PM EDT
[#8]
common sense violations of the law and the Constitution
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Interesting move, comment from the admin basically confirms that they at least had a hand in the decision, if not more. I mean, we all knew where it came from, but that makes it more obvious. I'd have thought they'd rather keep their distance to make sure it stayed "behind the scenes."
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#10]
"Easily concealed weapons"

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If your 6'7" and 400 pounds maybe
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#12]
So by that explanation.  I shouldn't be able to use it in the AR pistol and I should be able to own it to use in my rifle.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:07:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest is defending a proposal by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms to ban AR-15 ammunition. Earnest calls it a “common sense” approach.

“This seems to be an area where everyone should agree, that if there are armor piercing bullets available that can fit into easily concealed weapons, that it puts our law enforcement at considerable more risk,” Earnest explained when questioned about the ban by White House reporter Fred Lucas.

The proposed “framework” would ban the 5.56-millimeter “M855 green tip” rifle bullet to prevent the ammunition from being used in handguns.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/02/white-house-defends-common-sense-ar-15-ammunition-ban-everyone-should-agree/

Common sense.
View Quote

ok Obama.

show me an easily concealable AR15 pistol and I will concede.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:07:36 PM EDT
[#14]
"We're going to ban all firearms, weapons, knives, pointy sticks. We're going to ship you via rail to camps. It's really just common sense."

Everything's common sense.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#15]
At least he's confirmed it came from the White House.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:08:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I can imagine the Emergency Rooms nationwide being flooded with alcohol overdoses in January 2017

Quoted:
Doesn't the law on armor piercing ammo specifically state that it applies to handgun ammo only?  ANY rifle round is going straight through soft body armor

I am sure this is the end game.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#18]
That comment can be used to ban lead ammo as well.

The meat of the power of his words and the intent of the statement lay within the "easily concealed weapons".

For a long time they have been pushing to classify armor piercing as anything that can defeat a kevlar vest.   They just havent set the precedent yet.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:09:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Why are they allowed to say false bullshit like this? Logic bombs shoulda be dropped.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:09:35 PM EDT
[#20]
There are no "common sense" arguments for infringing on the 2nd amendment.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Common sense.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:10:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Common sense

!
v

Commune sense

!
v

Communesense

!
v

Communsensism

!
v

Communisensism

!
v

Communism
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Except the "armor piercing" bullets he's referring to don't "fit" into "easily concealable" weapons.

God this kind of ignorance masquerading as an appeal to public safety is infuriating.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:11:38 PM EDT
[#24]
And tell us, oh common sense one, how many officers have had their lives taken with this "cop killer" ammo you want to ban?

And then tell us of all the "non-armor penetrating" rife ammo, please Mr. Common sense.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Common sense

!
v

Commune sense

!
v

Communesense

!
v

Communisensism

!
v

Communsensm

!
v

Communism
View Quote

Omg mind blown
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

ok Obama.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Common sense.

ok Obama.

Well you can take it all apart and put all the pieces in fifteen different pockets. Wouldn't surprise me to hear that come outta their mouths.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

There might not be any left. All my good scotch...
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#28]
FBHO.

The question is, will he veto a bill that comes to his desk reversing the ATF decision?

Do the pro-gun forces have the votes in Congress to override a veto?

If the next president is a Republican, will he reverse this?

These are the real questions.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Hopefully it is not Heizer defense that caused all of this.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can conceal it under a long coat. But my nickname is 'Bigfoot', Ban long coats, instead
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
And tell us, oh common sense one, how many officers have had their lives taken with this "cop killer" ammo you want to ban?

View Quote

Just as many as were killed with the Teflon-coated 'cop-killer' bullets they threw fits about in the 80s.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:14:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Can you imagine if we could repeal every law described as "Common Sense."
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Except the "armor piercing" bullets he's referring to don't "fit" into "easily concealable" weapons.

God this kind of ignorance masquerading as an appeal to public safety is infuriating.
View Quote

Technically their is an easily concealable 5.56 handgun, but it's a single shot.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:15:35 PM EDT
[#35]
True Common Sense:

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

And in a 'pistol' length barrel I am going to say their 'armor piercing' quality is marginal as well.  Not to mention reduced accuracy and increased aim-time trying to one hand an AR15.

TRG
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Fuck him and all of his co-conspirators.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#38]
A pox on them all.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:17:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I think everyone agrees on this one, just not with them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Maybe they could ship some to mexican drug carte... oh wait...

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:17:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Won't matter. Some other asshole will take his place.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#42]
That makes perfect sense. Lets pass a law to prevent M855 from being used in Handguns.

Okay, now how do we ensure that they can still be used in rifles? Oh right, it's a rifle cartridge. Just because a handgun can USE a rifle cartridge doesn't mean that it is designed too. I can make a .30-06 pistol too, should they ban all .30-06 ammo?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#43]
The bottom line is that M855 does not have a "core consisting entirely of steel" and therefore the law does not apply.

The ATF interpretation is against the law, and there is no legal justification for the ban.

This is what needs to be stressed and used. The administration is again changing the narrative, breaking the law, and lying about it.

There is a storm coming, and it is the worst storm this country has ever seen.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
They need to start using a new word when they are fucking us. Anytime I hear common sense my butthole clinches.
It's Pavlovian at this point.
View Quote

You and me both. I get sudden, violent urges when a politician says the words "common sense".
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
FBHO.

The question is, will he veto a bill that comes to his desk reversing the ATF decision?  no

Do the pro-gun forces have the votes in Congress to override a veto? maybe, but they won't

If the next president is a Republican, will he reverse this? nope

These are the real questions.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That makes perfect sense. Lets pass a law to prevent M855 from being used in Handguns.

Okay, now how do we ensure that they can still be used in rifles? Oh right, it's a rifle cartridge. Just because a handgun can USE a rifle cartridge doesn't mean that it is designed too. I can make a .30-06 pistol too, should they ban all .30-06 ammo?
View Quote

Write them and see.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#47]
"Proposed" my ass. Why don't they just beating around the bush?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:20:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
A pox on them all.
View Quote

Forever and ever.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Something else that I've noticed is that every single ban or restriction on firearms or ammunition has be justified on the basis of the firearms being dangerous to government officials.

We all know the quotes from the founding fathers, include the very authors of the 2nd amendment. Their justification for a ban is in direct conflict with it's purpose. It's almost comedic.

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So by that explanation.  I shouldn't be able to use it in the AR pistol and I should be able to own it to use in my rifle.
View Quote

By their explanation, since it can be used in a pistol, it should be banned.

Probably a good thing those retards haven't woken up and figured out the number of rifle calibers you can get in a TC Encore. The list would grow considerably.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top