Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2015 10:01:19 AM EDT
Do you guys support the 14th amendment or want it repealed? Please explain why as well.

I've read the 14th amendment a few times before, but the wording seemed fishy to me.
After reading this - http://usa-the-republic.com/revenue/true_history/Chap6.html it gave me a better understanding of the 14th.

If you don't want to read the info from that link, its basically ---- 14th established "US Citizen", US Citizen =/= American Sovereign. A US Citizen has rights given by the Constitution, but an American Sovereign is born with inalienable rights simply recognized by the Constitution.

EDIT: Added poll
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#1]

I want the 17A repealed more than anything with the 16A a distant second.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I also want those amendments repealed as well.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:11:27 AM EDT
[#3]
We really need to just hit the reset button.  Our constitution has become so twisted and perverted, it's hardly recognizable.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We really need to just hit the reset button.  Our constitution has become so twisted and perverted, it's hardly recognizable.
View Quote

That is the new war.........folks are so wrapped up in bombs, nukes, and guns, when the real war is happening already right under our noses.

It's the ultimate black ops.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I disagree, it isn't the Constitution that has become that way, it is the mental leaps and crappy interpretations that have become so.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Reverse that for me.  The 16th is the root of all evil.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

When history looks back on what was once America. Those two amendments along with the creation of the Federal Reserve was the beginning of the end for the Republic.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:37:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Reverse that for me. The 16th is the root of all evil.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The root of all evil is mob rule which is what the 17A created.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Repeal the 19th.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Repeal the 17th.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Repeal the 19th.
View Quote

Nice, I'll stay home and let my liberal uncles do the voting.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#12]
It's poorly worded, and like the 10th has become a clause to allow a huge range of powers to the feds.

It needs a rewrite.

That site looks like some SC bullshit, by the way.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:12:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.  The 17th is a bigger problem by countless orders of magnitude.

The 14th needs fixed.

The 16ths is really fine.  I mean, it's a constitutional amendment.  It's, by default, constitutional.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.  the 17th amendment officially killed States representation int he federal government
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#15]
nobody in power cares what the constitution says anymore.

it is a mute point.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#16]
It's a good question, but that link is derpy-do.

The citizenship issue isn't really an issue, if it were applied as originally intended and applied. 'And subject to the jurisdiction thereof' certainly excludes illegal aliens from citizenship, and it did not originally admit 'anchor babies'born to illegal.  Privileges & immunities was the mechanism for incorporating the bill of rights against the States, until the Supreme Court substituted its own opinions for the constitution. Due process & equal protection are great, as long as .gov doesn't declare some animals more equal than others, which they often do. Section 2 can be struck after the first sentence. Section 3 & 4 are only about the civil war, so no longer functional.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:31:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I agree that the author who wrote the chapter about 'The Truth about the 14th Amendment' seems to have a "conspiracy theorist" side to him. However, there are plenty of facts and good points that are presented. Whether or not the 14th was created based on conspiracies, it is a poorly written amendment and simply needs to be repealed. In my opinion, the 14th Amendment sets a bad tone that our Unalienable Rights are just Constitutional Rights (privileges).

14th Amendment (1868). Section 1. "All persons born or naturalized in the United States...    ...No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges and immunities of citizens of the United States..."

I don't like that word - privilege.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top