Oh my...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually given the language used it may be we might get cheap steelcore 7.62x39 back if we play our cards right...

Holy shit! !

Oh my...

Said in George Takai's voice for many lols.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:15:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So what are they going to do when ATF does it anyway?
View Quote

I hope they lube up and give the BATFE a semenar.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:16:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wait a minute... did the system just work?
View Quote

I hope the neckbearders choke on that shit
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:16:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Couldn't find the co-sign list, but did find the letter.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:16:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
and form 1,3 and 4s will take 12 months to get back        

View All Quotes
Quoted:
and form 1,3 and 4s will take 12 months to get back        
Quoted:
Quoted:
Congress will adjust ATF's payroll.

HAHA
I wish! I bet it'll be 2 years. "yeah we don't have anything submitted for that name"
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:19:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Wait a minute... did the system just work?
View Quote
Don't be optimistic, congress just doesn't like having any authority usurped.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:21:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Congress controls their funding. Congress owns them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, we can surely count on Congress.  

My thoughts exactly. I'm not sure how much pull congress has on the ATF.. IRS.. DHS.. etc. It seems like they don't have any control, nor do they care.

congress can't pick its own nose

kabuki
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:23:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My thoughts exactly. I'm not sure how much pull congress has on the ATF.. IRS.. DHS.. etc. It seems like they don't have any control, nor do they care.

As a CPA I can tell you they have punished the shit out of the IRS.  They are squealing.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:31:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Actually given the language used it may be we might get cheap steelcore 7.62x39 back if we play our cards right...

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:32:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep.  Ban the poster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That just pinged Malwarebytes as malicious.....

Yep.  Ban the poster.

It's brietbart.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:36:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
House Judiciary Committee chairman Robert Goodlatte (R-VA

He was on Lou Dobbs tonight re-broad cast at 11:00 on fox Business
View Quote

ON NEXT
after the break
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:36:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Giggity - my hopes aren't exactly high, but this is way more of a stink raised than our pathetic response to 7n6.

MrGunsNGear channel on Youtube (username ploufedaddy) said in his video on this topic that there has been a previous similar situation with the ATF changing its mind on something (can't remember exactly what) and there was such a big commotion created that they decided not to enact it. So it can be done, in theory at least.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:37:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Holy shit! !
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit! !

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:40:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:44:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's becoming obvious we are going to have to start locking accounts for quoting blatant Conduct Code violations.  WTF?  
View Quote

Aww come on. Merica boner should get a pass.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:46:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's becoming obvious we are going to have to start locking accounts for quoting blatant Conduct Code violations.  WTF?  

Agreed.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:54:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Congress won't do shit.

Unfortunately, this.

Even if they did, FBHO would veto it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:56:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Why the fuck couldn't Breitbard publish who the 99 co-signers were.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 12:58:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cut their funding I hope.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:01:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Freedom boner!!!!

But congress is just giving lip service to us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Freedom boner!!!!

But congress is just giving lip service to us.

If that's the case my congressman swallows

Dear Mr. m1awolf

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about the recent proposals by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE). I appreciate having your thoughts on this issue, as your input is valuable to me.

BATFE recently published a notice stating that they’d reclassify M855 ball ammunition as “armor piercing ammunition.” They justify the new rule by revoking the “primary use for sporting purposes” distinction that M855 ammunition has been classified by for decades. This is yet another example of the President’s unconstitutional attempts to restrict the lawful ownership and use of firearms. I, along with over 100 Members of Congress from both sides of the aisle, sent a letter to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives urging them to reconsider the ammo ban.

As a fifth generation Montanan and former Navy SEAL, I understand how crucial the Second Amendment is. It is part of our way of life, but more importantly I have taken an oath to defend the Constitution. I take this oath seriously and oppose any effort to restrict our gun rights. President Obama does not share Montana’s values, and his Administration has proven they are the biggest domestic threat to the Constitution of the United States of America. The founding fathers knew when they drafted the Bill of Rights that the Second Amendment is the one that protects all the others. I fully support the rights of lawful gun and ammo ownership for Montana’s sportsmen and will do everything in my power to stop this measure from taking hold. We have a proud sportsmen heritage in Montana, passing the tradition down for generations. I will not tolerate anyone trying to take that away from us.

It is an honor to represent the people of Montana, and I value your opinion. Understanding the views of my constituents is very important to me as I continue to serve you. I will never forget who my real boss is.

If I can be of further assistance to you or your family, please do not hesitate to contact me.

In God We Trust,
Ryan Zinke
Member of Congress

“The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday”

RZ/cc
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:05:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they can if they choose to.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:09:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Can't they just be defunded?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:19:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Because of the IRS hijinks during the hearings last year, Congress was pissed and the IRS budget was slashed . These bureaucrats have got to learn that they do NOT run the show with their own agenda. The only way to do that is for them to have consequences. The alphabet agencies are run by appointed political hacks who work under the Cabinet Secretaries, who are bigger political hacks. They DO NOT want to come under the scrutiny of the Congressional Committees. Going rogue and ignoring Congress is a good way to get reigned in by having your budget slashed. Congress still has the power of the purse, if, they're willing to use it !
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:24:51 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

they wouldnt cut off funding to DHS why should the ATF have any reason to fear?

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:41:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Constant, perpetual, persistent, incessant, relentless, repeated, continual, endlessly enduring unflagging persevering tomfoolery and shenanigans?

They're the agency that makes TSA look like they've got their shit together.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:47:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 1:50:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yep.  Ban the poster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That just pinged Malwarebytes as malicious.....

Yep.  Ban the poster.

I got off with a warning this time. Thanks beekeeper. (I honestly didn't realize that was over the line. I thought I was in the clear due to the fact that the offensive parts are covered up with a flag and an eagle head, and the image was an educational diagram to begin with. I mean, c'mon! The image was originally shown on the Discovery Channel. I figured anything kosher enough for cable TV was probably okay here at Arf.)
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:48:07 AM EDT
[#28]
So... If I were them, wouldn't I just buy a 22, 38, 5.7, 9, 10, 40, 45, etc, and then point them at "armor" until they go through... Instaban...

I'd be questioning the "designed" portion as a defense... Were there AR pistols when 556 and for that matter 223 were designed?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:57:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Good.  Stick it to em.  What a bullshit illegal rulingdecree.  Sue the crap out of them.
View Quote

Fixed. Hopefully Congress turns the heat up on these bums.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:01:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I can't find the link right now, but I read earlier today that one of the congressmen has authored a bill (2nd amendment protection) that could possibly re-establish the entire (armor piercing) language so it will unquestionably NOT include m855 or much of the previous rifle rounds that have been banned.  Speculation is that it will also change the language from "could be used in a handgun" to "manufactured for use in a handgun".  

This is what it will take to stop the ATF's bullshit.  It will be interesting to see if it passes.
View Quote

That's the language now.

It clearly states ammunition designed to be used in a handgun.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
i want to see the list of 99 others...
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:11:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So... If I were them, wouldn't I just buy a 22, 38, 5.7, 9, 10, 40, 45, etc, and then point them at "armor" until they go through... Instaban...

I'd be questioning the "designed" portion as a defense... Were there AR pistols when 556 and for that matter 223 were designed?
View Quote

It doesn't matter but I don't think so. What matters, if the law, as already written states, is if it was designed to be fired in a handgun, which it clearly wasn't. It was designed to be fired in a rifle,m and is a rifle cartridge. The fact that it can be fired in a handgun is irrelevant. If that were the case, the gov could simply use a front company to design a handgun in every rifle caliber from the mid 1800s on and have them declared the same, dsince they will all punch through police body armor of the type stated in the law.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:12:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's the language now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't find the link right now, but I read earlier today that one of the congressmen has authored a bill (2nd amendment protection) that could possibly re-establish the entire (armor piercing) language so it will unquestionably NOT include m855 or much of the previous rifle rounds that have been banned.  Speculation is that it will also change the language from "could be used in a handgun" to "manufactured for use in a handgun".  

This is what it will take to stop the ATF's bullshit.  It will be interesting to see if it passes.

That's the language now.

But if we interpret it, the Sig Brace "ruling" indicates that choosing to use something for a purpose other than its original designed purpose is a redesign...

Am I giving them too much credit by linking these things?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:25:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hopefully they will figure out that they can DEFUND them, along with any other agency OR branch that doesnt want to play by the rules.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:35:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

In the past yes.    With the current lawless administration, federal agencies may have adopted a screw everyone approach.  We shall see.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:35:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

But if we interpret it, the Sig Brace "ruling" indicates that choosing to use something for a purpose other than its original designed purpose is a redesign...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the language now.

Yes you are.
Stick to the topic at hand, which is the ATF making a legal item illegal, by ignoring the actual law that they have on the books, to achieve a political goal.

They are clearly violating their own wording.

Reading the law and then applying it to this ammo shows there is no way it fits their own description of AP.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:43:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Hopefully they will figure out that they can DEFUND them, along with any other agency OR branch that doesnt want to play by the rules.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are 535 voting members of Congress. 435 in the House of Representatives and 100 in the Senate. This article states that only 100 out of 535 even bothered to sign a letter, I don't think they are going to do jack shit. Assuming those 100 signatures were all republican it is still only a third of the 299 sitting republicans so 2/3rds of them couldn't even be bothered to sign their fucking name.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Congress won't do shit to benefit the country.
View Quote

correct answer.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only in civics textbooks. They're not going to defund ATF, much less over something this small. They don't even have the balls to defund DHS over an EO telling DHS to NOT do their jobs on immigration.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:56:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Evil prevails where good men do nothing.

Have hope and be vigilant. Express your discontent to your congress critters. Step up to the plate. Your chance is now. Act.You have a voice. Let it be heard.

View Quote

Man, you're just drowning in the kool aid, aren't you?
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:00:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they have that much figured out. The problem is, they will threaten to do it, the Obama will call them on it, run around screaming about how much alcohol, tobacco and firearms and explosives will run amok without the BATFE to protect the children because bitter clingers and evil republicans. The obamastream media will bang out the message on every pot and pan they can find until the drooling masses are convinced of it. Congress will return to cowering in their corner, begging for mercy from dear leader.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#42]
All lip service. Nothing will happen.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:03:14 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That threat worked real well with the DHS appropriations bill.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:03:37 AM EDT
[#44]

it will be ignored, Congress will say "Oh well we tried"
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#45]
I love the faith some people have in our elected officials.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:13:03 AM EDT
[#46]
any measure congress passes will not make it to a vote in the senate. if it does obunghole will veto it. congress doesn't have the balls to actually cut funding to ANY federal agency. all hat no cattle. they will grandstand and make a big show of it, fail, then get on TV talking about "see america, this is why we need more republicans, we can't do anything."
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing more than a token bill doomed to die by presidential veto (and less than veto proof vote in the senate).

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:13:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Go get 'em, Boehner!

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before we count on Congress using the power of the purse to rein in the executive branch in this matter, we should wait and see how the DHS funding matter plays out.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:24:50 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

any measure congress passes will not make it to a vote in the senate. if it does obunghole will veto it. congress doesn't have the balls to actually cut funding to ANY federal agency. all hat no cattle. they will grandstand and make a big show of it, fail, then get on TV talking about "see america, this is why we need more republicans, we can't do anything."
View Quote
They did with the IRS.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top